Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Who Is A Responsible Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Responsible Guy? (1267 Views)

The Ultimate Dream Of Any Responsible Guy (pic) / Tips For Girls Who Needs A Responsible Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Responsible Guy? by Oyinadewrites: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Much has been said about who a responsible guy is, financial stability, maturity even independence are criteria frequently used in describing a responsible guy.
Merriam Webster’s dictionary defines responsible as able to be trusted to do what is right or to do the things that are expected or required.
Basically speaking, a responsible guy is someone who can be held accountable as a result of being trustworthy and independent. Sociologically, a responsible guy is one, who by the virtue of his age; is able to make decision with little or no supervision. Below are excerpts from conversations I had with some friends on the topic:
Yusuf, a 300L student of UNILAG sees being responsible as knowing your faults, obligations, limits and doesn’t go beyond it.
Taofeek, also a student of the same institution based his definition on societal norms, he said “a responsible guy is someone who should fit in within the norms of the society as far as his age range is concerned”.
Looking at these opinions, I couldn’t help but wonder the fate of a guy who comes short of these standards, as the society will be unfair in painting such a person as being not responsible.
The word “responsible” is subjective, it connotes different things to different people at different times. Atinuke 21, says “to me o, for a guy to be referred to as responsible, he must be above 22 because he has to be financially stable. He should be someone who knows the right things without being told.
On a humourous note, guys if you are below the age of 22, consider yourself “not responsible” lolz or if a lecturer says in class “I need someone who is responsible to be the governor for this class”. If you are not 22 or more endeavor not to raise your hand o. well, as Atinuke said earlier the word is subjective. So guys it’s a free world and we are free to express ourselves.
Drop a comment and let’s share together different views on who is a responsible guy.

Source: /p4GJBC-e

(1) (Reply)

How To Tell IF A Naija Babe Loves You. / I Am Facing Challenges In Wooing A Lady / Be Bold...say "No"! Love Is Not Blind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.