Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,841 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. (33831 Views)

BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / Lagos Records 5 new Suspected Ebola Cases / Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
angry

Use Shelltox

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by kendrick93(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Daniel2802: Chai me we dy Port-harcourt.
Hmmmm Ebola is not my portion.
we just hope dat d rivers government will hav it under control lyk their lagos counterparts
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by ahnie: 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
are you praying for it to be your portion?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by UnknownT: 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Na long sleeve sure pass now oh! If i hear say i sit for front seat for cab if i dey go anywhere. Finally, cum sunday for corpus christi na only rev. Father go shake him hand oh! I no shake anybody
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Straight to the village... this ebola no go get me for PHC.
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Eyop: 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
chibabe3: Straight to the village... this ebola no go get me for PHC.
grin grin
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by kendrick93(m): 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by christybabe(f): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
It has truly been confirmed in portharcourt ,.D line to be precise. The fear of Ebola is the beginning of longline/goodhealth
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by seankay(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ebola in ph, na movement sure pass shocked

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by allanphash7(m): 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
which flight it enter go PH?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by beautifly: 2:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
What I don't get is why this primary contact felt he had to hide. Is there a stigma attached with Ebola Pls o, everyone, get proper help otherwise u put everyone else at risk!!

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Ganjafama(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is the scarriest part of the whole ebola saga. Nobody knows who and who must have contracted it from the said doctor. And with the mentality of the average Nigerian, I think the eagle has finally landed. Anybody who has watched Brad Pitts "world war z" will understand what am talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by createmag(f): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
greed brought this into ph d dr was greedy why was he hiding the man in the first place

3 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by victorD3: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lagos, Kwara,Ogun and now Rivers state are common dominators of Ebola #sayNOtoAPC
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by omoredia: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
get today! &*(

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by graciousme(f): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
The Doctor died and his patient lived? Reward of greediness or ignorance? The ECOWAS guy should be detained for this wicked act. why are this ecowas people doing this nah?

3 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by oyeezee(m): 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
graciousme: The Doctor died and his patient lived? Reward of greediness or ignorance? The ECOWAS guy should be detained for this wicked act. why are this ecowas people doing this nah?
Honestly he should be detained and possibly made to pay for Sawyer's offence. this ECOWAS ppl sef

2 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by jogojogo: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
What beats my imagination is that this guy died since Friday (22nd) of August (last week) and the news filtered into air just yesterday.

What are they hiding? For how long would such sensitive issues be hidden? I still don't understand.

And for the dead Doctor, was that an act of love or shear craving for money?

Well, RIP

4 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by johnnychuks(m): 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rivers State should be proactive on dis issue, cus ph city is too amall for Ebola to live.
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by imanuel5959: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Am sharing not to cause panic but to inform for the greater good. The Good heart hospital is where the Doctor ...Ikechukwu Sam Enemuo..was rushed to after he took ill with symptoms of Ebola. He was said to have operated on a woman on Monday presumably after secretly treating the diplomat. Fell ill next day Tuesday and died last Friday. No one knew about this hotel angle which was a very big risk he took...and unethical thing to do.. He was ill for 3 days...then started vomiting blood with bloody diarrhoea. He was rushed to Prime...where he was rejected and then taken to Good heart whose MD is a Cardiologist ..a consultant physician with UPTH. He died there. Good heart is on EVO road in GRA ph2 THE Doctor that died practices in East West Road Rumuokoro...Sam Steel clinic. The wife also a Doctor has a 3-month old baby. There may have been well over 200 contacts of this devilish diplomat who lured his young Doctor friend to treat him secretly and went back to Lagos. I hear he has eventually submitted himself for Ebola check in a bid to get a clearance certificate to fly out..he tested positive and is now quarantined in lagos..It's quite a calamity unfolding in Ph. Unfortunately Ph health facilities are not quite ready to contain Ebola at the moment. There are American experts and federal and WHO health workers in town however training Drs and other healthworkers and helping out with contact tracing etc .

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
phantom: very true. I personally know the doc involved. its so sad.

I think you should be quarantined for knowing d doctor.

5 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by iiiyyyk(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Chai, see what the gready Dr has done.
Love of money by Nigerian Drs.
Shame to him,

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by cecegorz(m): 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
This incident will help us to reappraise the dilligence and Professionalism of late Dr Adedevoh.
How can a medical doctor go and secretly treat and Ebola patient? Was he induced with money? was he so ignorant?
This is just crazy, but I hope that Rivers states health ministry will take a cue from Lagos to begin massive manhunt for all the Doctor's contacts in the last three weeks.

Meanwhile that recovered ECOWAS staff should be arrested and put in a solitary confinement with hard labour till all traces of Ebola are gone from Nigeria

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by authority2006(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
graciousme: The Doctor died and his patient lived? Reward of greediness or ignorance? The ECOWAS guy should be detained for this wicked act. why are this ecowas people doing this nah?
You don't have any case against him. He reported at the hospital, but the greedy/ignorant doctor decided to hide him and treat him. Even the doctor's wife is also guilty, the doctor didn't contract and die the same day. Why the cover up all along but only reported after he died?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
I just watched 2pm news on Silverbird, commissioner for health Sampson Parker confirmed it and he said there are currently 107 contacts on watchlist. God save us
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Frankenstein: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Just when we were about to let out a sigh of relief about the containment of the Ebola virus.

Why will someone intentionally harbor the virus, evade surveillance and go about spreading the infection? To me, that shows the person is a terrorist with an agenda.

1 Like

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Frankenstein: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Just when we were about to let out a sigh of relief about the containment of the Ebola virus.

Why will someone intentionally harbor the virus, evade surveillance and go about spreading the infection? To me, that shows the person is a terrorist with an agenda.

Is this ECOWAS staff also a Liberian?
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by nora544: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
jogojogo: What beats my imagination is that this guy died since Friday (22nd) of August (last week) and the news filtered into air just yesterday.

What are they hiding? For how long would such sensitive issues be hidden? I still don't understand.

And for the dead Doctor, was that an act of love or shear craving for money?

Well, RIP

When it was on Friday how long takes it that they send it to a laboratory, also outside of nigeria it will never take so long.

It takes between 4 and 5 hours to test it!

the last Information about Ebola is 1552 death and more than 3000 infected in all the countries with Ebola.

Congo is better than Nigeria and they have no money this is a poor country!
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
I rili dnt understand d Nigerian govt... Hw can they say a primary contact evaded surveillance? Y wasnt he quarantined in d first place n y didnt d Minister of Health make it known earlier on dat a primary contact evaded surveillance Now, we possibly cant say the two cases have only come in contact wit 70 pple in 1mnth... Which way Nigeria?

God help us overcome dis dreaded times

3 Likes

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by passionate88: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
I don run leave school o... I dey on my way to Kaduna make I go hide for 31 days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by oluwafestus(m): 3:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
numbers for Ebola virus - 08023310923, 08097979595 Email:ebolainfo@health.gov.ng
mikeansy: Please does anyone know the Government emergency numbers for Ebola cases?

If you think you have been exposed in IMO Abia or Rivers State which hotline do you call please.

Information is the best way to beat Ebola
Re: Two Ebola Cases Confirmed In Port Harcourt. by djeezy(m): 3:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
phantom: very true. I personally know the doc involved. its so sad.
Quarantine this dude ASAP. May God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Dies After Childbirth (photos) / Woman Gives Birth To Half-human, Half-goat Baby In Jigawa / Remdesivir Proves Effective Against Coronavirus In US Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.