Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) (36529 Views)

World Igbo Congress Is Facilitating Biafran Secession / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / APC Gusau Rally LIVE - Holding In The Tick Of The Mid-night - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by maestroferddi: 10:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinziaski: sorry, how is it your concern?
Are you being ridiculous or what?

What should a World Igbo Congress look like?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ACM10: 11:07pm On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi: Naija for life
Sunday rice
Join me
That I live in America doesn't make me less Igbo

Babyosisi kedu nke bu rice na oka? Mixture a dikwa ka nke ndi ofe. angry grin

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by manny4life(m): 11:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
dvic: RCCG BEECHNUT roads south west houston tx

That is my church, ehen, what about it?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by manny4life(m): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi: For those dogging on the venue, get a grip!
that was a townhall meeting in the afternoon
The gala nights are held in the banquet hall

I know because I have been in those meetings tons of times

I was informed now by my aunt this is ongoing till today, is this true?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
maestroferddi: Are you being ridiculous or what?

What should a World Igbo Congress look like?
see, its not anyone's concern if they termed their meeting anything. It shouldn't bother you one bit. Please, stop speaking too much grammar because of one meeting held in Houston. They are not indebted to anybody, so rest.

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by maestroferddi: 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
chinziaski: see, its not anyone's concern if they termed their meeting anything. It shouldn't bother you one bit. Please, stop speaking too much grammar because of one meeting held in Houston. They are not indebted to anybody, so rest.
You are wasting my time.
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by dollydolly(f): 11:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jakpon: Why Teaxas? Why not a place like abakaliki or dunukofia?
jakpon are you from Dunukofia?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Jakpon: 11:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
dollydolly: jakpon are you from Dunukofia?
No i am not
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by dollydolly(f): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
Jakpon: No i am not
Ok
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by OneNaira6: 12:37am On Sep 02, 2014
maestroferddi: You make me laugh.

Who is asking that the fellow spoonfeed his folks?

All we are asking is that he did some token level of empowerment. All over the world, people who are privileged and better off do help the less fortunate ones.

Is it not very painful that our people only learn negative things and lifestyles that make them show off vanity.

Is America and the West not notable for selfless philanthropy of their wealthy people?

Anyway, it is a black thing: unconscionable self-centredness.

BTW, MD was for the US state of Maryland and not Doctor of Medicine that you wrongly deduced. Man resides specifically at Baltimore.

How do you know he is privileged? simply because he is in America? What else gives you the impression he is "privileged"? Not going to lie, I know most Nigerians aboard stupidly go back home pretending they are balling, even though they maybe suffering in America, just so they can look like a "big boy or big girl" to the messed up mindset Nigeria set for those in diaspora. You and I don't know the dude's situation. maybe he's not "helping" the family as much as you think he should because he most likely do not have the money to do so. Once again, like I mentioned earlier, the man has bills to pay. "helping his family" isn't the only thing that matters.

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by maestroferddi: 12:56am On Sep 02, 2014
OneNaira6:

How do you know he is privileged? simply because he is in America? What else gives you the impression he is "privileged"? Not going to lie, I know most Nigerians aboard stupidly go back home pretending they are balling, even though they maybe suffering in America, just so they can look like a "big boy or big girl" to the messed up mindset Nigeria set for those in diaspora. You and I don't know the dude's situation. maybe he's not "helping" the family as much as you think he should because he most likely do not have the money to do so. Once again, like I mentioned earlier, the man has bills to pay. "helping his family" isn't the only thing that matters.
We are talking of a US trained, qualified accountant with over 30 years working experience in the US.

Forget it, the man annoyingly underwhelms...
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by JurassicPark: 8:54am On Sep 02, 2014
Omexonomy: How are we sure these pissures were not taken under ijora bridge.

Just thought so..cheap venue!
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by NovusHomo(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
MayorofLagos:

Is Ijora in Iboland?

No, Iboland is in Texas, USA.

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by NovusHomo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
manny4life:

What I see are a few aged men, mostly red caps and less than 50 people. Is this Anambra meeting abi Igbo Congress let alone "WORLD IGBO CONGRESS"? Besides where in Houston is it taking place at?

What are those red caps for? Are they part of the "aso-ebi" (family uniform)?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by manny4life(m): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
NovusHomo:

What are those red caps for? Are they part of the "aso-ebi" (family uniform)?

What kind of silly question is this? Do you guys knowingly attempt to annoy someone ? That red cap is worth more than anything you've laid your hands on. Red cap is a symbol of many achievement which I sincerely doubt you have any clue about. Please QUIT the mockery because it simply belittles your mentality.

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by chinology: 5:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
World Igbo Congress continue in Houston..

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
Billyonaire: Lets not become emotional about this issue. I am a strong proponent of the Igbo renaissance, and as a matter of fact 2 of my younger brothers are married to Igbo ladies, and I have 2 Igbo native names. We are one people, and my Dad lost everything to the needless Biafran war. I am simply pained by the fact that the Igbo decide to migrate enmasse to some distant country, built by the sweat and tears of other race instead of sitting tight at home and creating comfort for generations of Igbo unborn. Today, the average Igbo man has a pedestrian and nomadic DNA, always searching for Greener pastures abroad. Lets not praise these exile meetings, lets not idolize away-match mentality. Lets come home to Aba, Enugu, Owerri and rebuild the master-plan of our heroes past. So help us Gods.
What's your ethnicity?
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
MayorofLagos:

bullshyyte! Yoruba man marries multiple wives and does not complain about tbeir expenses...Ibo marries one wife and he is wailing about burden and expenses.

Thank God for IGR....Yorubaland O ni Baje oo.

Tax money no go dry o.... grin grin

An Igboman is far more responsible than a Yoruba man.
with only one wife, an Igbo man spends lavishly on her n kids.
A Yoruba marries many wives to satisfy him, period. they are to fend for themselves and children hawking pepper, akara, ewedu, agege, etc

3 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
ketoprofen:
What's your ethnicity?
Nigerian
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ketoprofen(m): 6:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
Billyonaire: Nigerian

just tell me. nothing like nigerian
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by dellaziz(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2014
babyosisi:

Stayed back home to repair the country or stayed back home because they couldn't get a visa
Stayed back home because they are stealing plenty from the country
Let's be truthful
There is hardly anyone who loves Nigeria enough to stay back home to build it
Go to the travel section here for starters ,if not for the nairaland tsunami,it was once the busiest section on the forum
Those who stayed back home and have the means are coming here to vacation,to shop,to have their babies and get medical care
Many of their kids are here schooling
Don't delude yourself and tell blatant lies
Most of them are dying here sef and their caskets sent home
How many of your leaders and rich have died at LUTH and LASUTH or UNTH?
Even you sef wey dey talk,let one unknown illness hit you now,you will start looking for how to get to Bangalore India.
Tell me that you haven't visited the various embassies or nursed dreams of leaving that soured agidi called Nigeria

Build the country my foot

now if people like you cant inspire hope to we upcoming ones to build the country... who d EF would now do dat...seeing u are at least over 40...u older ones have as much blame as d government... if you can't even nurture d slightest hope in your own future SHIDREN

THATS PATHETIC AND U KNOW IT...BUH HAVE MUCH RESPECT 4 U... GUESS Y WERE D ONE DAT POSTED PICS OF AMERICA B4 D MELTDOWN
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by dellaziz(m): 1:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
babyosisi:

Stayed back home to repair the country or stayed back home because they couldn't get a visa
Stayed back home because they are stealing plenty from the country
Let's be truthful
There is hardly anyone who loves Nigeria enough to stay back home to build it
Go to the travel section here for starters ,if not for the nairaland tsunami,it was once the busiest section on the forum
Those who stayed back home and have the means are coming here to vacation,to shop,to have their babies and get medical care
Many of their kids are here schooling
Don't delude yourself and tell blatant lies
Most of them are dying here sef and their caskets sent home
How many of your leaders and rich have died at LUTH and LASUTH or UNTH?
Even you sef wey dey talk,let one unknown illness hit you now,you will start looking for how to get to Bangalore India.
Tell me that you haven't visited the various embassies or nursed dreams of leaving that soured agidi called Nigeria

Build the country my foot

jus to add never have I gone to embassy...and like they say my people perish 4 lack of knowledge...
na inside AGBO dem born me... so I get ODENSHI 4 sickness....

the vast opportunities. dat abound in d country is enormous.. fortunately d government doesn't care...

just last week I had a convo wit a miner and he told me about a ton of COKE OR COAL TAR COST ABOUT 60 MILLA and he just missed d opp by whiskers... but still makes 4milla quarterly from mining

so u c opportunity knocks buh we too deaf to hear..PROVERBS... #NO SHORTCUT TO HEAVEN
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by tandj: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Elisha Abbo: Abike Dabiri Plays The Party Card, Nigerians React / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Mosque, Kills Many / IPOB Declares Solomon Arase Wanted Just 24 Hours After Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.