Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) (36549 Views)

World Igbo Congress Is Facilitating Biafran Secession / Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / APC Gusau Rally LIVE - Holding In The Tick Of The Mid-night - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by 50calibre(m): 12:19am On Aug 31, 2014
Billyonaire: What are all these aged Igbo men doing in a foreign country, instead of staying put and helping build their home, they are over there enjoying what the founders of America worked for. In the end, the topic of the discussion will be "How Nigeria is not moving forward". How can Nigeria move forward, when all of us are moving outwards ?

And why should they return to the cesspit called Nigeria, where human lives worth nothing? Many of these men built their lives in America, you're asking them to abandon the sane and functioning society they're used to for an impoverished/dysfunctional one, is there any sense in that? Can you do it?

What you're suggesting is like asking someone to trade a cake for faeces.

If they return, can you guarantee their safety? I'm pretty sure most of these men suffer from one health problem or the other, can you guarantee their medical needs would be met?

Some of you guys bleat like sheeps yet given the slightest opportunity most of you will flee that country without looking back. You can't rebuild Nigeria with bare hands, and say what you will of these men, they are cowards, they're in exile, bla bla bla it doesn't matter, what matters is they're in safer place.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by seankay(m): 12:54am On Aug 31, 2014
Omexonomy: What is the significance of this congress to the development of igbo and nigeria at large?
Thank you! May you not lose your wisdom, knowledge and intelligence!
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 31, 2014
No venue in Nigeria to hold the congress? undecided

3 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by oilyngbati(m): 2:23am On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi:

When you fix Nigeria,they will return
Many of those men came here as students and Nigeria deteriorated in their absence
When you people fix it,they will return
@ the bolded, then they (the old Igbo fools) shall return in their casket. As I speak, we are planning on wasting a whooping $17500 on bringing back my late uncle from the US to the zoo (nigeria) in a week's time. He was a physicist and a prof at one of the ivy league schools here in Boston. His/my village did not gain anything from him while he was alive. Now, his people will get a plate of rice and a can of coke now that he's dead, thanks to living in abroad for 45 yrs+

8 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by raumdeuter: 2:30am On Aug 31, 2014
Maybe we would see World Hispanic Congress held in Congo

Ibo congress if they are not holding it in Lagos , Abuja, its America
Whats wrong with holding this in Iboland?

13 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Demdem2: 3:16am On Aug 31, 2014
Rubbish. It would have made proper sense if it held at Aba.

3 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ikeyman00(m): 3:51am On Aug 31, 2014
@@@

at least the old fools are gathering for useless talk

but for the oduduwa without owambe thing u are on your own!
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by MayorofLagos(m): 4:06am On Aug 31, 2014
ikeyman00: @@@

at least the old fools are gathering for useless talk

but for the oduduwa without owambe thing u are on your own!

Thank God for buoyant IGR, otherwise Yoruba would have devised a far more cost effective way to celebrate life.

7 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 31, 2014
oilyngbati: @ the bolded, then they (the old Igbo fools) shall return in their casket. As I speak, we are planning on wasting a whooping $17500 on bringing back my late uncle from the US to the zoo (nigeria) in a week's time. He was a physicist and a prof at one of the ivy league schools here in Boston. His/my village did not gain anything from him while he was alive. Now, his people will get a plate of rice and a can of coke now that he's dead, thanks to living in abroad for 45 yrs+

45 years in America and he didn't write a will?
If I stay 45 years in the USA and die and people take me back to Nigeria I will haunt them from my grave

7 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 31, 2014
The parry is on

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:03am On Aug 31, 2014
Ikengawo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_Conference
Ummm...you know, maybe because it was world war II and all of Europe was at war and it would've been unsafe at that point for all the leaders to meet all at once in a European City and present day Morocco was under control of the Allies?

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by musiwa93: 5:31am On Aug 31, 2014
interesting.. a nigeria church auditorium in north ameria. You can see that majority are yoruba people.

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Biggyd2: 5:52am On Aug 31, 2014
So e get people weh be boy boy for Nigeria, who are meant to 'change' things in the country? So when everything come better, people will waka from wherever they thought el dorado existed before, to come claim space for Naija. I laff in chinko. That una waiting tinz go tey well well. undecided

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by eaglechild: 5:59am On Aug 31, 2014
Tazmode: No venue in Nigeria to hold the congress? undecided
Take a chill pill it is a congress for diasporans.

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by MayorofLagos(m): 6:14am On Aug 31, 2014
Just like Hausa in North, Ibos have their own fatwas also. The two are different.

Hausa will issue fatwa when they need foreigner blood to appease their father land.

Ibo on the other hand issue fatwa to use Ibo blood to appease Nigeria.

Look at the faces of these mugus called Igbo World Congress. These are the guys that issued fatwa calling Igbo not to compete Presidency with Jonathan.

In 2015 when you look for betrayers to label.....here they are now! God punish you if you accuse Yoruba for betrayal in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Knownpal(m): 6:36am On Aug 31, 2014
Billyonaire: "How Nigeria is not moving forward". How can Nigeria move forward, when all of us are moving outwards ?

This got me cracking my ribs.
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by 1stola: 6:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Billyonaire: What are all these aged Igbo men doing in a foreign country, instead of staying put and helping build their home, they are over there enjoying what the founders of America worked for. In the end, the topic of the discussion will be "How Nigeria is not moving forward". How can Nigeria move forward, when all of us are moving outwards ?

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by tsolz150: 6:41am On Aug 31, 2014
World Igbo congress?Or World Old Men Congress?...

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by tunde1200(m): 6:42am On Aug 31, 2014
you make sense to me alot.
and if we understand that this is what same people like us as done to make US great haha!
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by tunde1200(m): 6:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Really?

Demdem2: Rubbish. It would have made proper sense if it held at Aba.
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2014
Even in Nigeria they won't hold such a meeting in the South East, but Lagos.

11 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by 1stola: 6:45am On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi:

Many of those men came here as students and Nigeria deteriorated in their absence
What a shame!
You mean even the thief anchoring the so-called Igbo Congress went there as a student?
Keep deceiving yourselves
Hypocrites. angry

11 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 31, 2014
babyosisi:

so thats all they do.. settling in countries that were fixed by others.

5 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by PassingShot(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2014
World Igbo Congress held in a small hall of about 100 sq. mtr.! World Congress indeed. grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:51am On Aug 31, 2014
IGBO; world most scattered n travell'd single tribe:
IGBOs...everywhere u go!

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by amnestylaw1(m): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2014
Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by iceberylin(m): 6:57am On Aug 31, 2014
igbo's Dominating the world since 1000BC grin

1 Like

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ichidodo: 6:57am On Aug 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Even in Nigeria they won't hold such a meeting in the South East, but Lagos.
Because Lagos is a neutral zone...A no man's land.

10 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by 1stola: 6:58am On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

And why should they return to the cesspit called Nigeria, where human lives worth nothing? Many of these men built their lives in America, you're asking them to abandon the sane and functioning society they're used to for an impoverished/dysfunctional one, is there any sense in that? Can you do it?

If they return, can you guarantee their safety? I'm pretty sure most of these men suffer from one health problem or the other, can you guarantee their medical needs would be met?

Some of you guys bleat like sheeps yet given the slightest opportunity most of you will flee that country without looking back. You can't rebuild Nigeria with bare hands, and say what you will of these men, they are cowards, they're in exile, bla bla bla it doesn't matter, what matters is they're in safer place.
Do you use your brains at all?
Old rouges discussing the problems of their country in another man's country...
The problems they started and later ran away from...
How will their useless talks affect and change the situations on ground?

10 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2014
ukeleh: Why should Igbo Congress hold in Houston not Nigeria? Have they ever see British or Europeans coming to Africa for conference?

na talk o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by ruggedboy01: 6:59am On Aug 31, 2014
What's dis crappy topic doing on fp Smh

4 Likes

Re: World Igbo Congress Holding In Houston Texas (pictures) by buchilino(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2014
50calibre:

Some of you guys bleat like sheeps yet given the slightest opportunity most of you will flee that country without looking back. You can't rebuild Nigeria with bare hands, and say what you will of these men, they are cowards, they're in exile, bla bla bla it doesn't matter,
what matters is they're in safer place.

as an igboman i beg to disagreed with u, but its a free world. even if u despise the entity called Nigeria (And why should they return to the cesspit called Nigeria) are u telling there r no safe place in igboland to organize the event?. i personally find insulting. are u telling places like nusska, awka (where peter obi was governor for years), orlu, mbano, mbaise etc are not safe. agree or disagree with it no positive change can take place in peoples lives unless such people dont partake in event. i can suggest a venue, anyamelu, a place where its population dont no dat internet exists. just a suggestion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead / How Terrorists Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train - Shehu Sani / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Mosque, Kills Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.