Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video (38947 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Ekundayo7: 6:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
Anyone who laid a hand on my daughter slapping her and calling her a witch is going to get a very sharp azz kicking the likes to make them plead to God for mercy angry No wonder Nigeria gets a bad name with these ignorant scam artists on the loose.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by cococandy(f): 6:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Smh.
There's so much about this our society that annoys the hell outta me
soulglo: He assaulted a defenseless person. He was not even repentant. If he did that in the UK he would have been arrested. They absolutely need to take all that into consideration when approving a license that puts him in a position of authority over defenseless children

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
If u are familiar with the bible u shud knw sparing the rod spoils the child. U can't tell me uve neva been beaten when u were young, wud u be beaten if u were always right n neva did or said wrong things? Wud u say ur parents neva hit u? Come on der is nothing wrong in slapping or beating a child to correct a wrong. Unless u dnt wana believe the truth about it. People do aweful things in their hidings, dey cheat, they smoke, they steal, they lie, yet dey will come and say beating a child is wrong, who gave them d guts 2 say such.

Did the Bible state that a pastor is entitled to beat up (and humiliate) a young person?

Don't compare a pastor to a parent, they are not the same and they do not have the same rights with the kids.

I have received beatings from my parents but that does not mean that I have to raise children in the same way.

I have some very good friends who have never been smacked and turned out perfectly ok and were less problematic than I was when I was a teenager.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Did the Bible state that a pastor is entitled to beat up (and humiliate) a young person?

Don't compare a pastor to a parent, they are not the same and they do not have the same rights with the kids.

I have received beatings from my parents but that does not mean that I have to raise children in the same way.

I have some very good friends who have never been smacked and turned out perfectly ok and were less problematic than I was when I was a teenager.

What do u mean by "pastor beatup and humiliate a young person?" Whr did u hear dat he beatup the small girl? U are saying wat u don't knw girl. Watch d video n u'll knw wat apund.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by obayaya(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2014
texaco1: Actually I have nothing against oyedepo but I think some few things should be clarified. Is oyedepo a business man ,investor or pastor? Is winners chapel an investment company,(profit) making) business organisation or a church of God ? Becaue the way many will see this issue is that oyedepo is using winner chapel name as a church organisation to make business deals and make money. I think winners chapel should be seperated from winners chapel investment company .

Religious institutions always come with the "non profit making" tag. And that exempts them from paying tax.

Though you and I know that's not true.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
What do u mean by "pastor beatup and humiliate a young person?" Whr did u hear dat he beatup the small girl? U are saying wat u don't knw girl. Watch d video n u'll knw wat apund.

Let me rephrase it for you:

Did the Bible state that a pastor is entitled to slap a young person?

It's funny that someone who refers to the Bible in the one moment, posts a LONG lists of insults in the next moment.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by ladygogo: 6:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
Living Faith Incorporated. grin Oyedepo and his wife are the owners and his kids will inherit the business when he is gone.

I dont blame the man. He only wants to expanding his empire, but the UK govt is telling him to fugk off. cheesy

Church business is good business.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Let me rephrase it for you:

Did the Bible state that a pastor is entitled to slap a young person?

It's funny that someone who refers to the Bible in the one moment, posts a LONG lists of insults in the next moment.

And where in the bible are teachers supposed to spank children? U want to claim whatz not clearly stated in the bible shouldn't be done? If u understand d bible ud find ur answer.
I only post what concerns the responder, what doesn't concern u I dnt talk abt.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by idrezee(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
You and your dad mother brothers and sisters are stupiid people. Jst c d kind of pictures u keep on ur fone. Speaks so much abt u. U av an altered personalty. Call me wat ever biitch, jst knw it defines u and ur family members

U look as daft as u sound, ugly biitch with d baked face. Take a look a d black shades of skin on ur face hiding under d makeup, remove ur make up ud look lyk a werewolf.
she is cute and u know it! Lest I 4get, pls don't insult me and my family.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
And where in the bible are teachers supposed to spank children? U want to claim whatz not clearly stated in the bible shouldn't be done? If u understand d bible ud find ur answer.
I only post what concerns the responder, what doesn't concern u I dnt talk abt.

Ok, chat me up when you have kids, I will spank them thoroughly. The Bible says it's right.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
idrezee: she is cute and u know it! Lest I 4get, pls don't insult me and my family.
Yea ryt y dnt u look at her pic closely n match the colour of the skin on her arm to her face, or that on her breast den u'll knw shez not cute. Uve bn catfished man. U nid 2 to tru dat post on fp
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamdsam: 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Docile Nigerians still posting shit. A man may be a pastor by profession but not such in heart.
Dreal1247: Why not use the performance of his schools to judge him? They are just hell cent to stop this man, but they cannot. Water no get enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by ZUBY77(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dreal1247: Why not use the performance of his schools to judge him? They are just hell cent to stop this man, but they cannot. Water no get enemy.

How many idioots like you are still in your family?

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamdsam: 6:40pm On Aug 31, 2014
I must confess this. This's the pastor I hate and dislike most in Nigeria. He's so arrogant and too full of himself. He's just a pastor by profession. He doesn't have an atom of Love.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Topgainer: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
The Bishop's style of reply

"At Kingdom heritageschoolswe teach childrenthe basics of covenantedsuccess, prosperityand we raise world champions.If the British populacecannotafford the costsof sendingtheir wards to our school,thereis always somecheaperalternativesoutthere
we are notforcing our visionon anybody. Our covenantedmembersin the UK will patronize our schools.As for the witch saga I owe nobody any apology,Kings don't apologize. The matter is in Court and we shall win the case"
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by obayaya(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Pennywise: The man has two issues.

1. The Winners' church is said to have flouted the country's charity laws. This law monitors how offerings and tithes are utilized. Mind you the bulk of these come from 'state offerings' to people otherwise called welfare benefits. Considering the Queen is the biggest obtainer of them all, our jet setting pastor is against an uphill task (but I am sure it is nothing God cannot handle).

2. Winner's Schools- A body determined to maintain Uk secularity has said there is no place in the UK for Oyedepo's schools because he is a witch catcher. But considering witch catching is not in the curriculum, I think this body stands a very little chance.

The least we can do on NL is to join our countryman in prayer.

I was tempted by the emboldened part of your submission to complete the saying from which you coined your moniker

Penny wise, Pound Foolish

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamdsam: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
My brother, I wonder. That pastor or whatever he calls himself is just a hypocrite
neuljosh: Bishop why not first put your house in order before you go looking to fix that of someone else who's much better than yours and don't need fixing.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by obayaya(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: I was at that Shiloh when he slapped the witch,she claimed to be a witch for Jesus,today she is free from the hold of witchcraft worshipping Jesus as her Lord and personal saviour.Oyedepo has a temperament which is known to most members of LFC especially to CU students,they dread him as mice dread the cats,was he wrong in slapping the witch,yes and no,I'd slap her too if I were him,that's is pure blasphemy,making a pure mockery of God right in front of the congregation,Jesus did whip the buying and selling out of his templeundecided

I was in service the day he said $150m is less than the money he gives his kids as wedding gifts.The man ranks in billions,no one can estimate his worth.That's his own personal wealth not the church's combined.

Shey he made the billions from his architectural work.. Abi from those his books? Personal Wealth that was built from the offerings and tithes of the poor?

Personal wealth indeed.

Religion is really a cage.. And you my friend is locked deep in that cage

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by AtheistD(m): 6:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
That girl was confused. She might have had learning difficulties. She was brought to a podium where close to 70,000 people were watching. She said some confusing stuff and got assaulted. As she was a minor it was wrong to have been brought up to the stage, to have been asked a question she may not have understood, to not have been given a chance to clarify her answer, to have been physically assaulted.

Uk has a bad history when it comes to witch hunting. The days of King James and his notorious witch hunts have left a dark legacy. The country does not want to descend into such again.

Between pastorpreneurs and jihadists UK is becoming even more hostile to religion.

4 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by bayulll01(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Whether a teacher or a pastor or anyone else slaps my child doesn't matter. Nobody will slap my child's face. NOBODY!

And I don't know since when it is ok to do wrong just because others do it. Additionally, a pastor should set a good example and not exercise violence in the name of Jesus. What a contradiction.

don't mind those brainwashed zombies ur pastor committed an assaults on innocent. soul and here u are defending him,who could believe oyakhilome will be fuccking his members,am just tired of this so called God of Men

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by DikSin(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2014
If given the chance to help him slap dat demon, I will do it ten times over and over again angry
God punish devil! Useles mofos tryna promote witchcraft by casting hateful vote against this Man of God; My Bishop. God purnish every devil here on nairaland & far beyond; God purnish them!
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2014
bayulll01:
don't mind those brainwashed zombies ur pastor committed an assaults on innocent. soul and here u are defending him,who could believe oyakhilome will be fuccking his members,am just tired of this so called God of Men

A pastor will slap a young girl in public and some people think it's ok because he calls himself "a man of God". I guess they have forgotten the parts in the Bible that warn of them.

In Matthew 7:16 Jesus says, “Ye shall know them by their fruits.” It’s not what they say but what you see in their lives that matters. A false teacher cannot produce good fruit because evil cannot produce good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy: I just dey gbadun your posts bebe.

cheesy
I like me mouthed,pretty,smart girls. Any day.
#nohomo

As in. I just followed her. She's hilarious.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinachi Nwachukwu’s Husband, Peter, Made Her Kids Hit Her — Reporter / A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Benin, Set For Higher Life Conference 2017(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.