Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video (38953 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dare2think: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dreal1247: .
You will live to beg him for this statement.

He may be a god to you, but he is a Charlatan and gospel merchant to me.

He has taken advantage of the poverty and desperation of people like you and enriched himself.

I call him the Wolf of Gospel street. Sharp guy.

10 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
You dont judge judge spiritual things like that. When a herbalist does things, you people are afraid of speaking against him but when a pastor takes a step, you start criticizing him just because you know that they are harmless. No problem.
you must be confused! What is spiritual in that slap? I don't judge "spiritual" thing my as.z! Damn!

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Onegai(f): 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2014
Reference:

Thanks. Really donot know why people react this way. It is a church, a religious organization. It has its preferences, period. Other religions, other christian denominations have their ways, their codes, their standards. Why Oyedepo and Winners chapel. What sort of threat does this man pose that it works people up so much. I think there is something people are not saying because its shameful. But its understandable.

You know, I'm not a MOG o, but why is he opening a For-Profit school in UK? Or has our education system advanced to the point our graduates are the best in the world? Even CU isn't rated highly internationally. I mean, if he opened this school and made the fees N10,000 per term, can you imagine the difference he would make in the lives of millions in any African country? Why is it that Africa is usually been saved and donated to by atheists and people who do NOT attend our modern christian churches? How can you keep quoting out of context "the poor will always be here with us", said by Christ, who himself had no earthly financial goods?

Has it ever occurred to you that people are not jealous, just angry and irritated that Modern Christian leaders behave like the Pharisees from the Bible rather than like Christ and the Apostles? Have you driven around Lagos and seen children in grammar schools, not learning much, or hawking oranges after school while their parents tithe at Winners Chapel, with no hope of sending their kids to CU? Please answer, would Christ be conspicuously wealthy if He came now (Our Lord made Moses grow up in privilege but took him out of that comfort so he could lead the Isrealites).

Do you honestly think people complaining about Oyedepo all "hate him because we just want to hate him"?

Sigh, Nigerian Christians will drive people from church if they keep up like this. More and more people are beginning to get angry and wonder why the man sharing God's Word with me, insists on being richer than me. And flaunting it to my face, whilst not providing anything more than a teaching of the Word.

Write my questions down and write your answers down. Maybe reason will prevail.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by cole265(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
Am just wondering how these crooks still get the crowds that follow them. Omo, mumu too plenty for Niger o. There is one too that calls himself man of God, he usually advertise his ministry appearing in camouflage army uniform. The judgement of God will come upon them all heavily. Pls. Do not be envious of them for their supposedly property, it so that their punishment will be great.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by cold(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
100Cents: All nah propaganda

When Cameron called him on phone to come open his schools in UK, where were these people ?
grin I'm sure you all must have screamed Halleluya in unison when he made this known in church

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Amya(f): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
dazzlingbeau: Please understand that jesus chased out peole buying and selling in the temple,turning it into a business center. He chased out peole like your papa Oyedepo and not witches and wizards . So try and save your face and stop quoting this part of the bible to justify the terrible act of your pastor.

Besides, is Oyedepo jesus christ? This so called men of God have a special brainwashing technique they use on their member to make them lose common sense especially when the church matter is concerned.

You see otherwise smart fellows being led like sheeps to the slaughterhouse of lies and deceit. For my own peace of mind, I've stopped picking an argument with these gullible church folks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
carefreewannabe: Nobody with a sound mind will allow such people to open a school.

I would chop off his fingers if it was my daughter but I would not go to a church that links poor discipline to witchcraft anyway.

Once u are poor u are linked to it. A friend was telling me how their pastor told them to bring 20 new members each and there is a TV at stake. Not anyhow people oh. I asked him if the pastor thinks they don't have a TV set...and what the pastor does for him to be tagging pple anyhow... anyhow here means poor... not rich but illiterate! So long as pple think pastors are better than them...the latter think for them. U take a permission on who u marry...the pastor calls d guy aside and demand for cash.

Everybody should have a church... let's know who goes to whose. When u lack education, self-belief and cash... u are dead already.

Reverend fathers don't have the phone numbers of the poor folks let alone calling them or visiting.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Gregdcutie(m): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
Religion in Nigeria.... #smh
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Amya(f): 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
HezronLorraine: He chased them out of the temple with a whip remember.What is the difference,one slaps a witch,Jesus whipped traders out of the temple.

Except you're being sarcastic, Stop talking already! Each word you write just shows your level of reasoning and brightness which I'm sorry to say is not much on the high side.

How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by MissTeaseMe(f): 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
You dont judge judge spiritual things like that. When a herbalist does things, you people are afraid of speaking against him but when a pastor takes a step, you start criticizing him just because you know that they are harmless. No problem.
Stop crying.
If u want people to fear you go and join ogun or sango priests, if not be humble and suffer like Christ Jesus, the perfect example of humility.
Olodo

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamord(m): 1:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
uken73: The western world can be so unforgiving.

He should tell the small girl. He is sorry

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by omoadeleye(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Tazmode: Slap wey don expire since 2011? undecided ... grin

that means to say always try to do good today cause tomorrow you don't know where you are gonna be, cause your past can be used against you or can be use to use for your prosperity
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamord(m): 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
kehindetayo: Our papa is only slapping d evil spirit in her not d girl. Its takes spirit to understand things dat happen in d spirit! Papa go on!

I see a fowl spirit in you

Lemme get my double barrel to blast it out

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by JuanDeDios: 1:58pm On Aug 31, 2014
Omexonomy: This more than witch hunting. Those pink nose should learn to mind their business. And for u frosbel i have nothing to say.
Do you think it is okay for a man to administer slaps on a teenage girl when the man was not defending himself against physical assault?

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
it seems we are in d era of bashing men of God. Yesterday was Oyakilome, today oyedepo.
Who next?
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 2:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
mercylicious: it seems we are in d era of bashing men of God. Yesterday was Oyakilome, today oyedepo.
Who next?
Get lost! So because someone is a man of god there atrocities should go un mentioned / un criticised! You must be one those zombie followers without a mind of there own!

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
mercylicious: it seems we are in d era of bashing men of God. Yesterday was Oyakilome, today oyedepo.
Who next?

Every man or woman who loves God and follows him is a man or woman of God without prejudice.

This title is not exclusive to a few so called miracle workers.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Olaone1: 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
The phrase they use annoy me to no end: Man of God shocked shocked shocked shocked

How are they men of God? How?

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Tinytemper: 2:24pm On Aug 31, 2014
Who next?

No, we are in the era of exposing Fraudsters who use God's name in Vain.

People are beginning to open their eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Tinytemper: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olaone1: The phrase they use annoy me to no end: Man of God shocked shocked shocked shocked

How are they men of God? How?

I always ask the same question.

Who gave them the term Men of God?

What does this term mean and to whom is it applied to?

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Acidosis(m): 2:30pm On Aug 31, 2014
I've noticed the anti-church folks on nairaland are winning the war against christianity.

I've long stopped visiting this section, though.... but as for me and my house, we'll die serving God. There is nothing anyone can do about it cheesy
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by okotv(m): 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
cant really believe he slapped the girl and if he did..its very wrong...i think i now understand why my pastor does not believe in hand laying and touching, he once said that a lady came to him for counselling about a pastor who flogs members with his belt...o boy...i was just laughing
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by BodyKiss(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
MissTeaseMe:
Hehehehehe
So u noticed. I refused to reply him even tho his folly was really entertaining.

His reasoning is beyond me.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Olaone1: 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2014
No Nigerian is a Christian. None! Even the so-called men of God. They can't keep to the so-called 10 commandments let alone other gruelling demands. They just wear the badge on Sundays

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by BodyKiss(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
dazzlingbeau: Serious mumu grin cheesy

Even serious mumu dey deny self. This one mumu na another level.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
The way people take little things as somthing so serious is crazy. Dnt ya'll beat ur kids at home, some of u evn beat ur siblings beyond comprehension, students get beaten in class students get slapped by their teachers but no one raises eye brow bout it and call it assault but when a pastor slaps a young chap the whole world sees it as genocide. How pathetic the world can be, they are so quick to point fingers when they themselves have greater offenses commited by them on their conscience. If u listen to the world, they will lead u astray.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by nora544: 2:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989: The way people take little things as somthing so serious is crazy. Dnt ya'll beat ur kids at home, some of u evn beat ur siblings beyond comprehension, students get beaten in class students get slapped by their teachers but no one raises eye brow bout it and call it assault but when a pastor slaps a young chap the whole world sees it as genocide. How pathetic the world can be, they are so quick to point fingers when they themselves have greater offenses commited by them on their conscience. If u listen to the world, they will lead u astray.

A teacher who will slap a kid or a student in Europa will go to prision and he will lose his job.

I know you didnot know what child right is, also nigeria sign it!

But children have no rights in Nigeria and a pastor is a holy cow, who can make what he want and his brainwashed followers will say amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by tiwiex(m): 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Omexonomy: This more than witch hunting. Those pink nose should learn to mind their business. And for u frosbel i have nothing to say.

Mind their business? I don't follow. Their country is their business. They have policies to guide them. Should Oyedepo just walk in and do as he likes as he does here?

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by texaco1: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
Who next?
yesterday , oyakilome wife sUed for divorce on d grounds of adultery . How is this ppls fault?all these so called pastors are the architect of their own problems

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
ferdimako:
Once u are poor u are linked to it. A friend was telling me how their pastor told them to bring 20 new members each and there is a TV at stake. Not anyhow people oh. I asked him if the pastor thinks they don't have a TV set...and what the pastor does for him to be tagging pple anyhow... anyhow here means poor... not rich but illiterate! So long as pple think pastors are better than them...the latter think for them. U take a permission on who u marry...the pastor calls d guy aside and demand for cash.

Everybody should have a church... let's know who goes to whose. When u lack education, self-belief and cash... u are dead already.

Reverend fathers don't have the phone numbers of the poor folks let alone calling them or visiting.

undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2018 Prophecies: What Atiku Must Do Ahead Of 2019 / Osinachi Nwachukwu’s Husband, Peter, Made Her Kids Hit Her — Reporter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.