Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video (38954 Views)

Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Worshippers Give Oyedepo 700 Cars As Offering / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989: The way people take little things as somthing so serious is crazy. Dnt ya'll beat ur kids at home, some of u evn beat ur siblings beyond comprehension, students get beaten in class students get slapped by their teachers but no one raises eye brow bout it and call it assault but when a pastor slaps a young chap the whole world sees it as genocide. How pathetic the world can be, they are so quick to point fingers when they themselves have greater offenses commited by them on their conscience. If u listen to the world, they will lead u astray.

Whether a teacher or a pastor or anyone else slaps my child doesn't matter. Nobody will slap my child's face. NOBODY!

And I don't know since when it is ok to do wrong just because others do it. Additionally, a pastor should set a good example and not exercise violence in the name of Jesus. What a contradiction.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by elliottibanga(m): 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
panachuku: the evil that men do........ the same country dat came to dump xtainity on us are now d antagonists after der eye don open say xtainity na scam. wat an irony

Chai! grin grin grin
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Chinom: Why does he want to open a school in UK ? !!. There is a lot to do in Nigeria that will help the common man. Has this man ever thought of opening a factory?.

I just don't like his philosophy.

Opening a school isn't a bad philosophy either..... You need knowledgeable people to start factories and industries. Education provides knowledge for these industries to grow and thrive on.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by francis247(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
Rolly83:

You talk like a fool!!!!!!
A full blown fool 4 that matter.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by plasmadocument: 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
How many people did Jesus Christ slap? Even those with seven demons.

Nobody is above mistake. A true servant of God, because of humility, would have immediately apologized after realizing his mistake but No, not this one. Out of ARROGANCE he had to justify the slap and it will continue to hunt him till...

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by elliottibanga(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
grin
dvdon: Lol, witch for chizos.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 3:23pm On Aug 31, 2014
frosbel:

Perfectly said
!

The poor child was idiomatically expressing herself under pressure and the man was too big headed/too nigerian to get the message.A witch for christ in her view means she expertly stands for jesus and that she is proud to be so.Not a witch against christ.

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Olaone1: 3:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
redsun:

The poor child was idiomatically expressing herself under pressure and the man was too big headed/too nigerian to get the message.A witch for christ in her view means she expertly stands for jesus and that she is proud to be so.Not a witch against christ.
My take on this is that dem backroom pastors who normally stage-manage (contrive?) testimony-giving, fake miracle-proclaiming members of the congregation told her to say what she said - thinking it'd win more gullible souls on TV.

But, it backfired spectacularly.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Olaone1:
My take on this is that dem backroom pastors who normally arrange for testimony-giving, fake miracle-proclaiming members of the congregation told her to say what she said - thinking it'd win more gullible souls on TV.

But, it backfired spectacularly.

Yeah,he just wanted the little girl to fall down hypnotically like some troubled nigerians do.But that poor girl is not a foool.

According to Abami,a typical over bloated nigerian will say under pressure #Do you know,who you be sef,wait make i commot my clothes.#Na shakara.

The man just dey shakara with children and he did it in the eyes of the world,in a full view of big brother.

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by elliottibanga(m): 3:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
Xsolutions: Hehe...you're welcome.MAYBE Santa is real shocked grin...But believe me LOF IS REAL undecided lipsrsealed .
You have beautiful eyes...

Stop that! grin
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Whether a teacher or a pastor or anyone else slaps my child doesn't matter. Nobody will slap my child's face. NOBODY!

And I don't know since when it is ok to do wrong just because others do it. Additionally, a pastor should set a good example and not exercise violence in the name of Jesus. What a contradiction.

If u are familiar with the bible u shud knw sparing the rod spoils the child. U can't tell me uve neva been beaten when u were young, wud u be beaten if u were always right n neva did or said wrong things? Wud u say ur parents neva hit u? Come on der is nothing wrong in slapping or beating a child to correct a wrong. Unless u dnt wana believe the truth about it. People do aweful things in their hidings, dey cheat, they smoke, they steal, they lie, yet dey will come and say beating a child is wrong, who gave them d guts 2 say such.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
If u are familiar with the bible u shud knw sparing the rod spoils the child. U can't tell me uve neva been beaten when u were young, wud u be beaten if u were always right n neva did or said wrong things? Wud u say ur parents neva hit u? Come on der is nothing wrong in slapping or beating a child to correct a wrong. Unless u dnt wana believe the truth about it. People do aweful things in their hidings, dey cheat, they smoke, they steal, they lie, yet dey will come and say beating a child is wrong, who gave them d guts 2 say such.

So you still haven't learned to spell. I can see know that you are stúpid as well as illiterate. I'm embarrassed for you.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Your on drugs! Beating your own child is a criminal offence in England if you don't no! Worst case scenario if you want to beat a child make sure it's your own child! Why should he slap someone else's child!

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
Footlocker: Your on drugs! Beating your own child is a criminal offence in England if you don't no! Worst case scenario if you want to beat a child make sure it's your own child! Why should he slap someone else's child!
Are u in england? Y u going crazy ova little issues, m talking bout nigerian situation, who cares bout laws in england, its u whuz on drugs. Y dint u tell ur teacher nt 2 beat u wen u were in secondary scul or beta still bring ur parents to scul cos u were beaten.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by elliottibanga(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:

Seriously dude? Dont delude yourself. No CHILD should be treated the way that girl was treated. Please do not condone child abuse and molestation.

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 31, 2014
elliottibanga:

Seriously dude? Dont delude yourself. No CHILD should be treated the way that girl was treated. Please do not condone child abuse and molestation.
Guy dnt decieve ursef wit tales u see online, which yeye abuse? ur teachers beat u with many strokes of cane, ur teacher slapped u, did u do anything to confront him or her? Or did u sue him? So stop being ideological and face reality. I wonder wat u guys gain 4rm joining bandwagon on forums. If u dnt stand 4 anyfin u'll fall for anything. Una go jst dey form 4 internet. It wunt feed u.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by redsun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Are u in england? Y u going crazy ova little issues, m talking bout nigerian situation, who cares bout laws in england, its u whuz on drugs. Y dint u tell ur teacher nt 2 beat u wen u were in secondary scul or beta still bring ur parents to scul cos u were beaten.

This same reason why police and army beats adult citizens on the streets indiscriminately like donkeys and gets away with it.What goes around comes around.Same children that are violently beaten turns out to be violent adults that settles scores with violence,even when they are supposedly civil citizens,i.e,police,politicians,pastors,teachers,etc.

A society can not function without common laws that guides and protects all and sundry unconditionally

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
everybody in nairaland was not born and raised in some bush! i'm a british citizen but that's not the topic here! I was not beaten in either primary or secondary school! Even when I was sent to naija for been stubborn did JS2 very briefly ! Directives was given that I shouldn't be beaten, that rule applied to me and one american student! Clearly they no beating other peoples children is barbaric! There's more effective methods of punishment that can be applied without violence! As for laws in England they became relevant when that child beater decided he wanted to open a school there!

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
Footlocker: everybody in nairaland was not born and raised in some bush! i'm a british citizen but that's not the topic here! I was not beaten in either primary or secondary school! Even when I was sent to naija for been stubborn did JS2 very briefly ! Directives was given that I shouldn't be beaten, that rule applied to me and one american student! Clearly they no beating other people children is barbaric! As for laws in England they became relevant when that child beater decided he wanted to open a school there!
U failed to read the part where I wrote "nigerian situation" before u start telling the whole world ur life story. I dnt care bout whr u 4rm, doesn't concern me so u can shove d talk down somwhr. By the way u need not come n start telling lies here. If u were rili sent bak 4 bein stubborn no directive shud av bn given 2 prevent u 4rm being flogged, n also if u really 4rm england u can't be sent to some public scul or some private school whr students r being flogged. So mr ur stories don't check.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by nwakaibe(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
tivta: . Bros take am easy oh, nigeria is filled with religious fanatics, the next thing you will hear is "touch not my anointed" just like how our politicians use the immunity clause to embezzle money. Its such a pity.

And Britain is filled with religious jihadists cutting off heads in Iraqi and Syria. angry
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Sagamite(m): 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dreal1247: Why not use the performance of his schools to judge him? They are just hell cent to stop this man, but they cannot. Water no get enemy.

Performance of what schools? grin grin grin grin

PastorKun:

The 'performance' of his schools pales in comparison to an average British public school. The British authorities would certainly not be impressed by the so called performance.

Don't mind the person! grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 4:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
U failed to read the part where I wrote "nigerian situation" before u start telling the whole world ur life story. I dnt care bout whr u 4rm, doesn't concern me so u can shove d talk down somwhr.
I can see your attempt to change topic! Cause you've realised your foolish argument! Fix up! Your mindset won't take you far!

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
akom0908: I don't make bad remarks about pastors cos I don't want curse.I don't know what to say

Cretinous, illiterate product of a failed education system! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oledepo is a reetard!

Chei!

Chei!

Chei!

Wey my curse? grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
Footlocker: I can see your attempt to change topic! Cause you've realised your foolish argument! Fix up! Your mindset won't take you far!
Abeggi parkwell accept ur ignorance and stop making myopic judgements. U seem to be loosing points on ur argument by calling mine foolish jst shows u lacked the right ways to express ursef other than using barbaric words to express ursef. In nigeria teachers beat kids if u dnt lyk it sue d nigerian government n stop sayn nonsense here.
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Footlocker(m): 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
U failed to read the part where I wrote "nigerian situation" before u start telling the whole world ur life story. I dnt care bout whr u 4rm, doesn't concern me so u can shove d talk down somwhr. By the way u need not come n start telling lies here. If u were rili sent bak 4 bein stubborn no directive shud av bn given 2 prevent u 4rm being flogged, n also if u really 4rm england u can't be sent to some public scul or some private school whr students r being flogged. So mr ur stories don't check.
Okay so am lying and ontop of that I made errors in my write up! Kmt! Am not going to mix words with you ! Last thing I'll say to you is (UPSS -BENIN ); As for whether they beat people in other private schools that none of my business as I don't no! Like I said before your on drugs! The idea is that been sent to nigeria is punishment enough! 'If your from england 'you'll be sent to a state you have family members living! Should I have been sent to abuja or lagos where none of my relatives were as of then? Lool you make me laugh I can understand people lie about stuff like this! But if there's no financial gain it's pointless! And you are a worthless jobless and hopeless NFA

2 Likes

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamord(m): 4:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
MissMeiya:

So you still haven't learned to spell. I can see know that you are stúpid as well as illiterate. I'm embarrassed for you.

rugged you missmeiya!!! Am content with your reply

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
elliottibanga:

Stop that! grin
LOL..I wasn't talking to you now grin grin...
Abi you dey trip ni?? shocked embarassed
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by antimod: 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
I'll ban you for your ignorance respect yourself!

1 Like

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
antimod: I'll ban you for your ignorance respect yourself!
Am waiting to be banned nigga, I respect no soul here
Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by dazzlingbeau(f): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
He is a thief,a dictator and a child molester. wey my curse too? grin cheesy
Sagamite:

Cretinous, illiterate product of a failed education system! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oledepo is a reetard!

Chei!

Chei!

Chei!

Wey my curse? grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video by iamord(m): 4:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
prettyboi1989:
Guy dnt decieve ursef wit tales u see online, which yeye abuse? ur teachers beat u with many strokes of cane, ur teacher slapped u, did u do anything to confront him or her? Or did u sue him? So stop being ideological and face reality. I wonder wat u guys gain 4rm joining bandwagon on forums. If u dnt stand 4 anyfin u'll fall for anything. Una go jst dey form 4 internet. It wunt feed u.

Let Me tell u something.. Be u a teacher cleric or what ever.. My child comes home and I see mark for him body.. He tell me say na you beat am.. Woe unto you cos I will Bleep u up. then you will know that you are also a Student In this life ..when am done. You will tell me Spare the rod is in nigerian constitution. With all the flogging why is there decrease in academic performance in schools? Why do children that smoke weed still end up smoking and scaling Fence.. Still carrying all this slave. Mentality ..smh

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Primate Elijah Ayodele's 2018 Prophecies: What Atiku Must Do Ahead Of 2019 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Arrives Benin, Set For Higher Life Conference 2017(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.