Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

#my Life - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #my Life (101784 Views)

My Life In Secondary School / My Life,my Fate / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #my Life by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
Eve!!! Dis lady is getting on my nerves ooo... Wat's her problem sef? Warn her 4 me ooo. Thanks 4 d update.... Expecting more.
Re: #my Life by Trypa(f): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2014
Alma don't mind them u here everytin go better
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 18, 2014
Eve is so high on dry gin! angry can you imagine? And Alma always resorts to crying. She should act jor!
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2014
Ah no know o

kingphilip:
Hmmmmm Shey Alma no go stop to de suffer?
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Uwc hun

adeh39:
Eve!!! Dis lady is getting on my nerves ooo... Wat's her problem sef? Warn her 4 me ooo. Thanks 4 d update.... Expecting more.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 11:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Tnx boo

Trypa:
Alma don't mind them u here everytin go better
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2014
Dnt worry.... She'l start actin... Very soon.... Tnx hun...

Jennimma:
Eve is so high on dry gin! angry can you imagine? And Alma always resorts to crying. She should act jor!
Re: #my Life by Trypa(f): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
almacherish:
Tnx boo

U are welcum hun of life
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2014

I got home and ran into my room, I lay down on the bed but not before locking the door.

Some minutes later, I heard a knock on the door and My heart missed a beat.

I was relived when I heard Frank' s voice but I wasnt in the mood to see him so I didnt answer the door.

Almost Immediately, I got a call from Nnamdi, I also didnt want to talk to him so I shunned his call too.

After calling for over five times, he sent a text saying how sorry he was about eve's embarrasment today et al.

I just laughed as a tear ran down my face and shut my eyes.

I woke up to see Ugonna's missed calls and I called him back.

"hey, just saw your calls now... How are you doing?? " i asked in a sleepy voice.

He didnt reply, he just kept mute.

"Ugonna, is anything wrong with you??" I asked in a now serious voice as the sleep had left my eyes.

"Alma, are you seriously asking me that question?" he asked.

"did i do something??" I asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Did you do something? You went out with my brother for Chrissake, because you both thought Eve and I travelled right.. Why the fvck would you go out with Nnamdi?" he yelled.

"I went out with him as a friend and nothing more, why do you think there's something more to it??" I asked.

"Why would I think that?? Fine, here's why; you guys started getting close when Eve and I had an accident, whenever you and I had problems, you'd go running to Nnamdi, and now you went out with him today so why the hell wont I think that??" he screamed.

"so you decided to listen to Eve instead of me? You couldnt even ask politely.. If she gave you all the answers, why do you keep asking why?" I said in a whisper.

After a little silence, he spoke up, " Alma, I just hope there's nothing between you both, I love you.. So much, I'd really hate for anything to happen between you guys, I wont be able to survive it." he said.

"And I love you too, but I need you to trust me, I would never do anything with Nnamdi behind your back.. I just hope you believe me." I replied.

"I do, its just difficult to hear these kind of news from your own sister and not believe them.." he said with a sigh.

"its okay.. At least I got a slap for doing nothing.." I said.

"who slapped you, Nnamdi didnt slap you, did he, No no no, he wouldnt dare, look Al, I'l call you back, I'm going to ask him what made him slap you, Is he crazy??" he yelled.

"hold on, I didnt say he did, he's not crazy, but I guess my sis is, Eve slapped me and I'm guessing she didnt tell you that... Take care of yourself Sweetie... " I said.

"alma, I'm so so sorry, I didn--" he was saying before I hung up.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2014

Immediately I hung up, I unlocked my door and found Frank sitting by the door, without sparing him a glance, I walked to Eve's room.

I was tired of her shitty behaviour and I was going to tell her off today, so much for seeing her as my sister..

I didnt knock as I barged into her room to find her stripped down to her undies.

She was talking to someone over the phone, she just looked up to me, sighed and went back to her call.

I was angered but decided to give her the courtsey of allowing her to finish with the call.

"yeah, I did it and so?? Like she didnt deserve it.. She was with him for Chrissake, alone with him.." she was saying.

I didnt pay much thought to who she was talking to as I signalled to her to stop wasting my time.

"I'l call you back.. I have something to attend to now.." she said and hung up.

"What is it??" she asked with an irritated look.

I didnt reply immediately, as I turned towards the door, she drew me back.

"snatch, I didnt cut my call for you to walk out on m--" she was saying before I cut her Off with a slap.

I walked quickly to her door, and Thank God, her keys were in the keyhole. I quickly locked the door and turned again to face her.

" did you just slap me?" she yelled. "Get the hell out of my room."

"ooh please honey, Just incase you didnt notice, I have your keys, so I'l leave when I want to" I said dangling her keys before her face.

Her eyes fell immediately but she covered up pretty fast.

"why did you call Ugonna to tell him crap you know nothing about?" i asked.

She didnt reply but I continued. "We both know we dont want each other around, so the faster you answer my questions, the faster I leave your Devil infested room." i said with a smile, but the farthest thing from my mind was happiness.

She laughed before talking.. " fine, lets talk, you went on a date with my boyfriend, alone for that matter--" she was saying as I raised my hand as a signal for her to stop.

"we werent alone, even though I know that's your wish, we went with Frank. He had to leave because he had to be somewhere." I said.

"how did you even know I was there??" I asked again.

"i heard you telling someone to come to Inner bar." she replied with a grin.

"okay. Dont ever eavesdrop on me again. Stay on your own, even in this house, If you see me coming from the right, turn left. Dont cross my path again, you slapped me outside, Eve, It wont happen again. " i said as I unlocked the door and stepped out.

I headed to the kitchen, the confrontation left me damn hungry.

2 Likes

Re: #my Life by naijaboiy: 8:50am On Nov 19, 2014
wow this is nice cheesy

Just started reading this piece and i'm enjoying every bit of it smiley

Keep up the good work almacherish cool
Re: #my Life by Flakkydagirl: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2014
Hey Op

How old are these girls?
I thought they were young girls?
And why does relationship seem to be the order of the day?
School nko?
Work nko?
They're always going on date.
Their mother nko?
Let's feel their emotion too.
Give us A̶̲̥̅ vivid picture of them.

I don't mean to sound harsh,but that's my own opinion anyway.I've been following right from day one you're doing A̶̲̥̅ good job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #my Life by Trypa(f): 9:29am On Nov 19, 2014
Alma wat took u d whole year well tnks for d update
Re: #my Life by OlufemiWhit(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
Hey Op

How old are these girls?
School nko?
Work nko?
Their mother nko?

I don't mean to sound harsh,but that's my own opinion anyway.I've been following right from day one you're doing A̶̲̥̅ good job.
I noticed this too
Re: #my Life by Princesschi(f): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
Hey Op

How old are these girls?
School nko?
Work nko?
Their mother nko?

u ba? U just left us stranded at "my husband" neighbourhood. Shey u knw God is watching u on 4D.
Re: #my Life by Flakkydagirl: 11:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Princesschi:

u ba? U just left us stranded at "my husband" neighbourhood. Shey u knw God is watching u on 4D.
I'm sorry dear..i just dropped A̶̲̥̅ short updatr last night..check it up.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tnx 4 d observation.... I'l try to input those details.... Tnx again

Flakkydagirl:
Hey Op

How old are these girls?
School nko?
Work nko?
Their mother nko?

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 12:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tnx naijaboiy...... Goodluck in ur exams and the competition
Re: #my Life by Flakkydagirl: 12:19pm On Nov 19, 2014
almacherish:
Tnx 4 d observation.... I'l try to input those details.... Tnx again

You're welcome dear..
Re: #my Life by seunviju(f): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
I don't seems to understand this behaviour eve is putting up lately,well time will tell.Keep up with the good work Alma
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2014

This morning, I decide to go to Imsu to get My post-utme printout. I'd already filled and submitted my form but I hadnt gone to get the printout.

Frank wanted tag along but I wanted to go alone so I told him to chill at home.

I didnt see Eve this morning, maybe she already left for lectures which would be nice due to the fact that her parties were taking over her lectures.

I got to Imsu and headed to the administrative block.

There were much people there so I took a walk to the Bank/fin faculty. I walked around, trying to get used to my future department.

I heard a gigle behind me as I turned around immediately to bump into Kelly and Jane(eve's friends.)

I remembered that one of them was a bank/fin student. I managed a smile.

"snatch whatsup... Looking for something to snatch??" Jane asked.

"hi to you too..." I said and walked out quickly.

I got back to the administrative block and luckily, the crowd had reduced and we were about 10 remaining.

I heard my name and moved forward to get my printout.

I checked for my venue and saw that I was to write my exam at ETF1, my eyes darted to the date and saw the shock of my life.

My exam was in fourteen days time.

I was so scared, I couldnt remember the last time I opened my books.

I didnt go home directly, I took a cab immediately to Vondabaic Lesson centre.

I needed to pass my exams and no matter how I hated Lessons, I didnt have a choice.

2 Likes

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tnx seun

seunviju:
I don't seems to understand this behaviour eve is putting up lately,well time will tell.Keep up with the good work Alma
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 1:32pm On Nov 19, 2014

I got to Vondabaic and registered for Mathematics, Economics, and government.

My urgency made the lessons intensive as they were to start by 9am and to end by 4pm.

I asked the man in charge at vondabaic what my chances were at Imsu.

He said with my 211 score in jamb, and the fact that I chose Imsu as my first choice university, I just needed to score high in the putme.

I was already starting to doubt my chances of scoring high in the aptitude test because my brain was empty.

I regretted filling my head with unimportant details and facts. Well It wasnt too late get to work.

The man also adviced me to buy Abia state University's supplementary form, so as not to lose at both ends.

I went to one of the banks at bank road and asked for the supplementary form. Most of them didnt have it.

They all told me to go to Absu Microfinance bank.

Their exams were still kinda far, so I just focused on scaling through Imsu's post-utme.

I went back home around 5:30pm. I met my mum in the parlour watching African magic.

"mumcy goodevening ..." I said with a smile.

"how are you, where have you been??" she asked.

"I went to school to get somethings o, nothing much, this one you came back early kwen?" i asked.

"we werent making much sales at the cafe so I decided to close up early." she said.

"okay am going to my room.." i said and turned towards the staircase to my room as I bumped into Frank.

He had a frown on his face as I greeted him, he murmured a reply.

"where are you going to??" i asked.

"I just want to drive around.. " he replied.

"coooool... Can I tag along??" i asked.

"no, I need some alone time." he said.

I heard the pain in his voice as I remembered that I told him I needed some alone time in the morning.

"am sorry about what I said in the morning, I know it was kinda harsh but I just needed some time to myself, please am really sorry." i said.

"no p but I think I needed some time to myself too." he replied and walked out.

I frowned as I walked up slowly to my room.

I was about removing my clothes when I heard a knock on my door.

"who's that?" i screamed.

"just open up joor"

I did and I saw Frank, "whatsup, didnt you go again??" i asked in suprise.

"i came to get my sweet little cousin, now change your clothes before I change my mind." he said with a smile.

I giggled and ran back in to change my clothes.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2014
naijaboiy:
wow this is nice cheesy

Just started reading this piece and i'm enjoying every bit of it smiley

Keep up the good work almacherish cool
Bros,wetin you find come here undecided
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 12:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Hahahahaha Alma...typical nigerian girl/jambite. Lolz@empty brain
She still has legs to go out with frank,bah? issorait! undecided
Re: #my Life by kingphilip(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2014
Jennimma:
make she no go yawo again?

Alma tnx for da updates awaiting today's
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 10:19am On Nov 20, 2014
Lol..... No wori

Jennimma:

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 10:20am On Nov 20, 2014
Help me ask am o.... Uwc hun

kingphilip:

make she no go yawo again?

Alma tnx for da updates awaiting today's
Re: #my Life by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
Nice 1 alma...really loving ya story smiley
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 6:35am On Nov 21, 2014
Tanchu..... N permit me 2 ask, tho i don already ask am sha.... Y is dia no e after your t.....

OlufemiWhit:
Nice 1 alma...really loving ya story smiley
Re: #my Life by OlufemiWhit(m): 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
almacherish:
Tanchu..... N permit me 2 ask, tho i don already ask am sha.... Y is dia no e after your t.....

it wasn't a mistake tho....nd I just wanted it to b diff
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2014

We got home very late and I was so tired but I had fun... We went to so many places but our last stop was Ibariogwa.

I woke up this morning, said my prayers and was walking about lazily.. Things were going well until I checked the time..... 8:35am!!! And my lessons were starting by 9am.

I cut the lazy move, skipped breakfast, found out a cloth and dressed up.

I went to wake Frank up, but he kept muttering rubbish only him was aware of.

I checked the time again, 8:40.

I ran out and started waiting for a cab, after five minutes, I got one.

He kept driving like an old man till I told him to move it, he turned around, eyed me and sighed before stepping up.

We got there by 9:05, I gpt down and forgot to give him his money, he called out to me with a look that said "ole, as you shout finish, you nor wan pay me my money."

"aunty, abeg, my money..." he said.

I sighed, *God, who send me message this morning?* I thought. I opened my purse and saw two two hundred naira notes and gave them to him.

"sorry..." I said and ran out not borthering to ask for the fare.

I ran up the stairs and got to class by 9:15, sweating like a mad cow.

Lectures had already started so I got into class quietly and got a sit at the fourth roll.

I sat down and started paying attention to the government teacher in blue jeans and white stripped polo.

I wasnt really paying attention, I guess I was just staring. I realized that when all eyes turned to me.... Dont ask why, coz I dont have an answer.

"did you hear me at all??" he asked staring back at me with over 100 more pair of eyes.

God what lie would I tell, mtchewwww, screw lies, I decided to come out clean.

"uhhmmm, please am sorry, I didnt get you.." I saw with a straight face.

"I asked why you werent writing...." he said.

Just then, It clicked..... I'd forgotten my writing materials on my first day.... Who does that

"uhmmm, yeah.... I- I thought- I..." I was saying before someone slipped an exercise book and a pen to me.

"I'm sorry, I'l just start right away.... " I said to the lecturer.

He looked away immediately and I turned around to see the person who helped me out.

He was a light skinned handsome guy, he was wearing a green polo on white shorts that made me wonder if today was Independence day.

I mouthed a thank you which was followed by a smile, to which he replied with a mouthed your welcome as well.

After that, government class was over in an hour..

I turned around to my saviour, "please, what subject is next??" i asked.

"Economics" he replied.

"is there a store around here, i was hoping to buy books..." I said.

"yeah, let me show you..." he said and we both stood up.

"am Steve..." he said.

"Alma..." I replied.

"Nice name... What does it mean.." he said.

"Cherish...." I replied.

I both some books and we went back to class.

By 4pm dot, lectures ended for the day. I walked out with steve.

I grouped the students in class, first were the over- serious students, second were the not-too-serious ones. And lastly were those who I'm sure didnt know they were in a lesson centre.

Those once made up in class, talked and laughed out loud and totally didnt give a fvck what you had to say.

Steve and I walked downstairs and I thanked him again for helping me out.

We exchanged numbers and just as I was about to board a taxi, my phone rang, It was Frank, he said to wait for him, that he was around.. So I sat down and waited for five minutes before he showed up in my mum's red highlander.

Steve had already gone home so I got in and we drove off but not before noticing the stares from some students who hadnt gone home yet.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Tormented / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.