Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

#my Life - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / #my Life (101882 Views)

My Life In Secondary School / My Life,my Fate / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #my Life by Princesschi(f): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Fire on
Re: #my Life by boladex1: 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
alma love your update.

weldone
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tnx hun

Princesschi:
Fire on
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tnx Bola

boladex1:
alma love your update.

weldone
Re: #my Life by kingphilip(m): 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
Alma u r cherished Please continue
Re: #my Life by Donovan: 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Someone shld please tell Alma to come & complete what she started.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 3:27pm On Nov 24, 2014

We got home around 5pm.. Just as I was about to change my clothes, a call came in on my phone.

It was an unregistered number, so I picked the call and said nothing.

"heyy..." the voice said.

"hi...." i replied.

"its steve... The guy from Vonda..." he said and I smiled.

"ohh... Steve watsup...." i asked.

"am gud.. Hope youre home now?? Just wanted to check on you." he said.

"yeah am home... Tnx.." i answered.

"ok.. See you tomorrrow.... And dont forget your stuff tomorrow okay??" he said.

I laughed, "yeah I wont.." I said and hung up.

I took my bath, and went downstairs to prepare dinner. I was still deciding on what to cook when my phone rang again.

It was Nnamdi.

"hi... Goodevening..." I said as I picked the call.

"alma, how are you doi--" he was asking before I cut him off with an answer.

"Very fine... " I replied.

"I'm so sorry, really very sorry about that day.." he said.

"Its okay, am not angry, moreover I was at fault, I caused everything by going out with you... And see this friendship between us is going to have to end... I dont want problems. Please am very busy now, I have to go..." I said and hung up.

Immediately I hung up, I changed my mind about food, no one was around to eat the food, so why bother. I'd not seen Eve and I knew she wasnt going to eat. My mum would probably eat at the cafe while Frank would probably eat out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #my Life by boladex1: 3:46pm On Nov 24, 2014
alma thanks for the update, buay too short to wet the appetite, kindly update more before the end of today
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Alma is always having boy trouble. You must be that fine.
Re: #my Life by kingphilip(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
Jennimma:
e tire me too o

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 4:09pm On Nov 24, 2014

Days went as I successfully avoided Eve and went for my lessons.

Frank had gone back to school, and I hardly spoke with Ugonna as I was always busy, neither did I see my mum always. To say I was alone was an understatement.

I had just steve to talk to.. Coz he was always there for me.

Eve and I became strangers. Irritating each other at every chance.

She kept promising to deal with me but I never gave it much thought.

My whole life now revolved around my exam which was in two days time.

I didnt have time to go out again, truth be told, there was no one to go to out with.

I kept praying to God for a good score and admission.

I was sure about being able to answer the questions because Vondabaic sure prepared me.

I dialled Ugonna's number but he wasnt picking up. He was probably angry coz I've been so busy for him.

Today is the eve of my exam and you can guess what's familiar there!!! Its my sisters name.. Eve.

She came knocking on my door today, and when I saw she was the one, I shut the door in her face but I wasnt too fast as she held it.

With a puppy face, she asked for forgiveness for being a biitch. I told her I bore no grudges but she insisted on giving me a hug and promising to be better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2014
No p.... Just did

boladex1:
alma thanks for the update, buay too short to wet the appetite, kindly update more before the end of today
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
Jennimma:

As pretty as you are tongue wink

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
Abeggi mk im nor too tire you joor...

kingphilip:

e tire me too o
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
THE D-DAY

I woke up by 4:30 am, said my prayers and freshened up. I didnt bother eating as I was too nervous.

I started going through imsu's past questions and was happy as I could answer 95% of their questions. So much for once having an empty brain, thanks to Vondabaic.

By 6:30am, I was through with everything so I went to my mum's room to get money from her only to return to a goodluck card on my bed from Eve.

I went to her room and said thanks, she offered to go to school with me and I agreed atleast she was trying to be nice right??

She rushed her bath, put on her clothes and dabbed a little powder on her face as we set to go.

We got to Imsu front gate and I noticed that they were checking the candidates documents at the gate.

Only candidates were allowed into the school premises. My paper was by 7am.

I said bye to Eve as I got into school.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I went directly to ETF 1 which was my venue for the exam.

On my way there, I met a girl who was taking her own exam by 12 noon, so we went around together.

On getting to ETF1, everywhere was rowdy, too much students were struggling to see there names and numbers on the board.

I looked around to see a lady selling card there, so I went with my new friend to sit there with the lady.

After some minutes, I got to know the girl's name, Mercy. She was writing for History and International relations.

"All banking and finance students should come up to the second floor" a loud voice said.

I said my byes to mercy and the lady with them wishing me luck.

I got to the second floor and to my dissapointment, they weren't calling names, they were calling examination numbers.

I went downstairs again to the board which was almost empty to check for my exam number, but my name and number wasnt there.

I got back upstairs to find some people complaining about the same thing.... Atleast I wasnt alone.

They told us to go back downstairs again to check our numbers, and to us that didnt see our names there, they said we were going to write the exam like that.

We kept stressing ourselves for over two hours before we were all directed to a hall which couldn't accomodate us.

After a lot squezzing, the exam was about to start and the time was 10:50am.

Just as one of the invigilators were about to share question papers, another invigilator gave an order.

"All those without examination numbers should go downstairs to the hall for Insurance candidates." he said and I felt like fainting.

Who send me message for Imsu today sef.

We got downstairs to meet about 20 Insurance candidates in a big hall.

Praising God, I quickly got a chair at the back of the hall and sat down immediately.

On of the examiners entered the hall with her own order.

"all Insurance students should leave the hall..." she said and finally, I smiled.

We were soon set to start by 11:05am.

They shared the Computer sheet that was complicated on its own.

With diffrent things to shade ranging from country to State of origin and other baseless facts.

They shared out question papers and started teaching us how and where to shade.... Shey pesin blind ni.

I started shading and before I knew It, I heard another voice.... Nothing wey pesin nor go see for dis Imsu.

"you have ten more minutes...." she said.

Shouts of mogbe!! Chineke!!! We never write finish o!!! Filled the air.

After five minutes, I was done with my questions,.... I was sure of about 80%..... Thank God.

At exactly 11:35am, they took our scripts.

Guys nor de even smile as we comot hall, every body just dae bone.

I got to Mercy and she asked how my exam was with a smile.

"my dear, God dae...." was my reply.

We quickly exchanged numbers and I left for front gate immediately.

I called Eve and she told me she was outside waiting.

Immediately I got out, I sighted her, she flagged down a cab and we left immediately.

Imsu wan kill pesin today.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by boladex1: 6:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
NICE ONE FOLLOWING BUMPER TO BUMPER
Re: #my Life by AudreyTimms(f): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Shouts of mogbe!! Chineke!!! We never write
finish o!!! Filled the air.

That got me laughing. I love the bits of humour you input in your story. Well done dear.
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2014
Tnx

boladex1:
NICE ONE FOLLOWING BUMPER TO BUMPER
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
Tnx aunty Audrey

AudreyTimms:
Shouts of mogbe!! Chineke!!! We never write
finish o!!! Filled the air.

That got me laughing. I love the bits of humour you input in your story. Well done dear.
Re: #my Life by Trypa(f): 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ama nice update
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:17am On Nov 25, 2014
Tnx

Trypa:
Alma nice update
Re: #my Life by kingphilip(m): 5:36am On Nov 25, 2014
almacherish:
Abeggi mk im nor too tire you joor...

Ok o
Re: #my Life by kingphilip(m): 5:46am On Nov 25, 2014
Ok nw make we do see results to know weda A go enter school with this jamb or not

Alma as usual ur update is cherished keep updating
Re: #my Life by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2014
Imsu? I remember my post ume there. Typical scenerio...i saw double that year. Lolz
Re: #my Life by eljanfortis(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2014
*panting in french*arghh @ last i finally cut up wit all of yu,haters can go and die!!!!!!!btw alma thumbs up to yu ooo,ur tori is nutured by emotions,creamed wit intrigues,showerd wit suspense(small),endowed wit humour,tis a very very nice literary piece,......dudes here in france re loving it cus i school in france grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Mk we see nw...

kingphilip:
Ok nw make we do see results to know weda A go enter school with this jamb or not

Alma as usual ur update is cherished keep updating
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2014
4get talk o.... Dat skul mere mu 30

Jennimma:
Imsu? I remember my post ume there. Typical scenerio...i saw double that year. Lolz
Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
Awwwww... See as my head just d swell nw..... Ma head don swell finish woh..... So you follow for those we bros dem wey dae france...... Tuale o...... Tnx 4 commenting o.....

eljanfortis:
*panting in french*arghh @ last i finally cut up wit all of yu,haters can go and die!!!!!!!btw alma thumbs up to yu ooo,ur tori is nutured by emotions,creamed wit intrigues,showerd wit suspense(small),endowed wit humour,tis a very very nice literary piece,......dudes here in france re loving it cus i school in france grin[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: #my Life by almacherish(f): 5:53pm On Nov 26, 2014

Weeks later, Eve was still acting nice, I was starting to warm up to her.

I decided to travel to Aba to spend a little time before the release of my post utme results.

Two days later, I left for Aba, with Eve promising to keep in touch with me, same with Ugonna. And my mum who sent her regards to my aunty.

I left owerri by 11am, with little hold up on the road, so I got to ITC park Aba by 2pm.

I called my aunty, Tricia, to let her know I was in Aba. She was at work, (she's the Vice-principal of Christ the King secondary school)

So she sent me directions which I followed and got home successfully.

Once I found the key, I dropped my bag and put a call to my mum.

"mumcy goodafternoon.. Am home now o, aunty isnt at home yet.." I said immediately she picked up.

"goodafternoon, so you're good right??" she asked.

"yeah am good, take care. Bye.." I said and hung up.

I called Ugonna too.

"hey bae...." he said immediately he picked the call.

"hey sweetie..." I said.

"I guess your'e at home now, how was your journey?? Not too stressful right?" he asked.

"yeah am good.." i replied.

We talked for a while before I started feeling itchy and had to hang up to take my bath.

1 Like

Re: #my Life by Nobody: 12:31am On Nov 27, 2014
Half chop for the queen? alma,u no try o. Smh for you
Re: #my Life by Ellidude(m): 12:32am On Nov 27, 2014
Mehn.. I've been reading for hours. I'm hungry for more.
Re: #my Life by eljanfortis(m): 1:31am On Nov 27, 2014
chai,see aw update small,the tin no even reach anywhr @ all for body,madam alma abeg come give us more oooo *spreads mats

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (29) (Reply)

Tormented / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper / Campus Life. The Girls. The Ghetto. The Garri. The Glory.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.