Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,468 members, 7,958,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Changed - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Changed (25918 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / It Changed Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 12:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Cutedimple,my apology pls
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 10:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Nostradamus:
Cutedimple,my apology pls
now, y d apology adamu angry . JIGsawkillah come update jor. d thread jus dey go south. wah happen?
Re: Changed by Nostradamus: 10:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
edogho:
now, y d apology adamu angry . JIGsawkillah come update jor. d thread jus dey go south. wah happen?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
my sincere apologies for the delay
exams been done and dusted, updates resumes tomorrow
Re: Changed by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
JigsawKillah,you never told me you have a story. embarassed
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
laykorn:
JigsawKillah,you never told me you have a story. embarassed
Ayamlaykorn

Im a fiend for entertainment
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
Princesschi:
U d bomb bro, wen next are u updating?

Tomorrow
Unfailingly
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2014
edogho:

Oga mé
I done show now
As from tomorrow na on daily basis
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 9:43am On Nov 25, 2014
JigsawKillah:

Oga mé
I done show now
As from tomorrow na on daily basis

Aye Capt'. How was your exams?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:23pm On Nov 25, 2014
Okorie walked briskly towards Double E's compound. His mission is simple, take the wife out, to a certain junction then follow her up afterwards. All in all, keep her safe.

He stood at the gate, looked around before tapping the gate lightly. The gate swung open revealing a young man with a sword hanging across his chest. He walked in and the gate closed after him.

"Is she ready?" Okorie asked

"Yes sir" the man replied

"Let's move" Okorie said and walked into the house.

"Hey my long lost friend!" Mrs Edogho screamed happily and threw herself at the policeman who tried to balance himself so as to prevent falling.

"You silly boy, you won't check on me" she said

"It's work na" Okorie said. "But right now we have to leave, enough talks"

"You're always too serious" She said and walked out. Okorie followed suit.

They got into a milk colored Toyota Camry 2.2, Okorie sat on the driver's seat, and Mrs Edogho said on the passenger's seat in the back. The gate swung open and they drove out. They hit the street junction within a couple of minutes and a Red colored Toyota corolla followed them.

Schemer's boys were inside the Highlander that was parked beside the corolla and when they saw the car move just behind the one containing Edogho's wife, they knew it was cop-filled. They notified Schemer who told them to follow them up closely, awaiting further instructions.

Okorie used his walkie talkie to communicate with his back up team.

"Noticed anything?" He asked

"Yes sir" came the reply at the other end. "A highlander has been following us. It was parked near us sir"

"Ok Boys, let's lead them to their graves" he said joyously "don't increase your speed yet guys, try to keep it uniformed"

"Ok sir"

"I'll fill you in on our next line of action"

"Ok sir" and the line went dead.

"What.........." Edogho's wife was about to say when Okorie cut him short.

"It's ok madam, no harm will come to you, I owe you that"

Angela tried to calm herself down. All her entire life, fear was her worst enemy, she had always seek for a way to kill it and now is the time. Her fear is the four men in front of her, and now is the time to face it.

She made an attempt to run at them, threatening but retreated, the men braced themselves up.

Angela threw herself at the one by her left side and they fell together, she'd caught them off guard. Her knife pierced his side and he let out a yell. The other three, though had been taken aback by the attack, quickly regained themselves and attacked in one piece. Angela swung the knife and it caught one on the cheek, he screamed and withdrew. The other two stepped back as Angela quickly made the one on the floor her hostage. She dragged him up and placed the knife on his throat. Schemer's voice came again.

"Retreat" he said

"One step towards the door and he's gone!" Angela said.

The men obeyed, hoping Schemer doesn't say otherwise, they don't want to lose their colleague to the lunatîc in front of them. She made for the door, dragging her hostage along.

"I said retreat!" Schemer's voice tore the speakers apart and rocked the room. Like lightening, the men charged towards the door and Angela dropped her hostage and moved along with them, only a metre ahead of them. She reached the door before them and didn't bother to lock them in, she just continued her run.

She heard Schemer's voice as she ran...."I OWN THIS PLACE!!! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE!!! I'LL FIND YOU!!!!"
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
edogho:
Aye Capt'. How was your exams?

good o
thank God for it and thAnk u for asking
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
"Talk to Mr Samuel, he knows something" Balogun said after listening to Edogho's story.

They're sitting in Balogun's room in the boys quarters of the house in which he, Balogun resides. The lights in the house were switched off, and only lit up by the moon's rays. They both sat on a chair opposite each other, separated by a table with 2 bottles of stout resting on it. Both men conversed in hushed tones.

"I think so but his acts keeps putting me in doubt" Edogho said.

"Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, we'll approach him but we have to put a few things I place. You said James once napped your wife right?"

"Yes"

"He'd do it again"

"I have positioned some men to protect her"

"Well, if he's really what you're presenting him as, then your wife isn't safe"

"What are you suggesting I do?"

He beckoned to Edogho to move closer and whispered into his ears.

"Are you sure it's going to work?" Edogho asks.

"So far your tactics aren't working, are they?"

Edogho kept quiet and drank his beer.

Mr Samuel was in his bedroom sleeping when he woke up to the ringing of his phone. He'd normally switch off his phone before sleeping but recent incidents had taught him otherwise. He rolled over and picked his watch from the stool that stood close to the king sized bed. The time was 4:30am.

"This better be good" he hissed. He got up from his bed. He wore a white robe measuring up to his knees. He picked up the phone at the second ring.

The number was an unknown number.

"Good Morning" he greeted the caller. "Yes, speak up"

He kept his ear glued to his phone for close to 6 minutes before ending the call.

He walked into the bathroom, the sound of running water could be heard from the room. He came out after 5 minutes with a towel hanging on his neck, his robe still on. He ransacked the wardrobe and came out with a black trouser, a cream colored long sleeve shirt with black shoes.

In a jiffy, he was dressed and ready to leave.

John was in his room sleeping, a girl by his side, both covered by the large blue blanket. His phone rang, the girl got up first and tapped him gently, then violently.

"John. John. Jooohhhhnnnnn!" She called.

”hmmmm hmmmm what's it?" He replied sleepily.

"You have a call frooommmm a strange number"

"Give it to me"

She picked the phone from the floor and passed it to John.

"Hello.....yes yes.....okay? So? That's none of my business.....to hell with all of you.....is that why you called me?....bye!" He said finally and angrily.

The girl stared at him foolishly, while he merely looked at her and hissed, got up and walked into the bathroom. He was stark nàked. He looked at her again before proceeding. She was dark in complexion, big lipped and carries a darli yaki attachment on her head.

"How did I even end up with such an ugly thing?” he wondered aloud. He haven't forgotten about the previous day's incident. He hissed again. Then washed his face before heading back to the room.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2014
Angela ran with light's speed, but she stopped when she realized she wasn't being chased, no one followed her.. To her, her heading was the way out, little did she know she'd been running around.

Schemer's fortress was built in such a way that, except you know the map or you're being led out, you're not leaving. The underground was built just as big as the mansion in which he lived.

She looked around, then the realization hit her, she'd seen a familiar spot like the one she's seeing now. She moved closer, it was a door painted black, with the words 'BE CAREFUL' inscribed on it with white color. She moved closer, tried the doorknob, but it refused to give way. Then she saw Schemer's men approach her, almost half a dozen armed men. She wanted to start running only to turn around to see another set of guys coming the opposite way.

Mr Samuel walked out of his study smiling. He glanced at his watch, time is 6:00am on the dot. He walked outside, he jumped into his white Toyota corolla when his phone rang.

"How's it going?.....Let it go, it's getting too much..... I said let it go.....don't bite the hand that feeds you....didn't I just say let it go?.....if anything happens to it, you're dead!" He ended the call fuming.

"Mr Balogun of the SSS, undercover agent, what do I owe this intrusion?" Mr Samuel said.

Mr Balogun then came out from his hiding place in the back seat, surprised that the man he's supposed to kidnap already knows him. He wasted no time in putting his gun to the Mr Samuel's head.

"Are you dodging my question?" Mr Samuel asked

"I want to question you"

"I didn't kidnap my daughter in-law"

"Stop being diplomatic Mr Samuel. You didn't kidnap her but you know something about it. Now drive"

"Believe me when I say you're lost" Mr Samuel ignited the car, and the gate swung open and he drove through it.

They drove for a few minutes, as soon as they hit the main road, Mr Samuel broke the silence.

"Is Mr Edogho with you on this?

"Focus on your driving"

"You're chasing a lost course, I didn't kidnap her"

"Drive into the next street"

Mr Samuel pulled over into a street. The place looked scanty like people haven't been living there for ages. Uncompleted buildings littered all over the place. Mr Samuel kept driving, his mind wandering far and wide, near and narrow, to and fro.

"Stop here" Balogun ordered "now get down"

Mr Samuel did.

"Walk three steps forward. Anything other than that and you're silenced"

Balogun got down from the car and walked up to Mr Samuel. He searched Mr Samuel's pockets and collected his phone.

"Now move"

Mr Samuel stood still.

"What are we doing here?" He asked innocently.

Balogun held him by the neck and dragged him into the house. Balogun was wearing a black face cap, black polo shirt, a black Jean and a black canvas to match.

The house is a big one, the walls are yet to be painted and it's still under construction.

While Okorie and his team drove Mrs Edogho, he tried cracking some jokes, so as to ease the tension he knew she's feeling. Then his walkie talkie came on again.

"Sir, they're closing in on......" the line went dead. He could hear gunshots and screams. From his side mirror he can see his team being attacked. He quickly called for more back up. He accelerated and off he went.

Schemer's team received a call to attack and bring Edogho's wife at all costs. Another squad had joined them so they attacked the team in the Corolla first. They drove up to them and opened fire. The policemen were taken by surprise, and just when they wanted to hit back, they realized that the weapons of their attackers are more sophisticated than theirs. As if that is not enough, another squad ran into them and they realized the battle's lost. The Corolla's driver swerved off the road.

Schemer's boys followed suit, but one squad continued the chase. They fired shots upon shots at the Corolla until they were sure no one is alive before driving off.
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Na wa o, dis schemer na something else o. I am not really sure he wants to be an sss as he claimed.

jigsaw, i know what Balogun told me, don't worry,i won't tell anyone. not until we deal wif zat scheming schemer.

Nice one there. Great update....
Great plot...i like dze suspence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by afm4ever(m): 10:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
na like dis we go dey dey? more update bikokwa more polish to ur shining shoes
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2014
Balogun took Mr Samuel into one of the rooms in the building and tied him to a chair. He took another chair and sat on it.

"Where's the third man?" Mr Samuel asked.

"How did you know there's a third man?" Balogun asked.

"The last chair is vacant" Mr Samuel said, using his head to indicate the one he is talking about.

"Brilliant! You're good at observing"

"Where's he?"

"Not here yet. How did you know the person's gender? And you sounded confident, like you know the outcome of this situation"

"What do you want?"

"Chillax bros, wait small. Don't play smart, I've got itchy fingers"

Mr Samuel kept quiet, and bent his head as Balogun walked out. He came back a few minutes later looking eased, and sat on the chair.

"Area's secured I guess?"

"Now tell me what you know about James"

Mr Samuel kept quiet for a few seconds before replying.

"He's the one who kidnapped my daughter in-law"

"Look here Mister, I'm no respecter of status, and I'm not known for having low temper, don't make me bruise you"

"Go ahead, I know it makes you feel good"

Balogun brought out Mr Samuel's phone, he busied himself with the buttons for almost a minute.

"Who was it that called you while in the car?"

"Even if I tell you, you still will ask again. Talk to the network provider, find out the owner"

"I'm warning you for the last time Mr Samuel, don't get me angry"

"Me? Get you angry? Beasts are always angry. You programmed son of a whôre, were you....."

"Shut up old man! I'm not so heartless that I'd kidnap my daughter in-law for the sake of money"

"But you're heartless enough to betray love for the sake of money?"

"What do you know?" Balogun's voice was rising. He got up from his seat and advanced towards the tied Samuel.

"I know of a young man who sold his love for bread"

Balogun slapped Samuel so hard that saliva mixed with blood few out of his mouth.

"Don't joke with a force man in arms"

"Hit me again! Do it! Coward! An innocent girl died because of your selfishness! Hit me cow......"

Another slapped hits him, interrupting his speech. Samuel spat blood on the concrete. The whole house became quiet after that. Balogun stared hard at Samuel, while Samuel focused on the floor. The silence lasted for a couple of minutes before Balogun broke it.

"I'll ask you again, tell me about James"

"How will I tell you about a man I only met once in the station? Do I look like God to you?"

He grabbed his sit and relaxed his àss on it. He brought out his gun, it is a 9mm pistol, he took it off safety and used the cold metal to carèss Samuel's cheek.

"Soon, a bullet will bust open this healthy cheek of yours. Tell me, how did you know about me?"

"Why are some people just stûpid? You think the world is still as uncivilized as your village where they tie rafters around their waists to cover their nàkedness? Wake up sonny, it's like you've been sleeping since the days of Abraham"

Balogun didn't for once try to stop the ramblings of Mr Samuel. One thing he's certain about is that, Mr Samuel is responsible for Angela's kidnap and he's just trying to buy himself more time.

"Are you done?" He asked

"No, help me complete it"

He cocked the gun, and pointed it at Mr Samuel.

"You have till the count of five to tell me where James is, if you fail to, you know my records"

Mr Samuel looked at him and smiled.

"Both of us know that you can't kill me" he said

Balogun replied "but I can shoot your leg or arm"

Mr Samuel stared at him like he'd seen a ghost.

"One..........."

"I don't know anything......"

"Two!......"

"Believe me I....."

"Three!..."

Now Mr Samuels voice became shaky.

"Don't do this"

"Four!......"

"Alright! Alright! I will!"

Balogun put down his gun and Mr Samuel breathes heavily.

"I'm all ears"

"I really don't know anything"

Balogun fired a shot from his gun and the bullet flew pass Mr Samuel's ears. He froze in shock.

"Next time, I won't miss" he said, even though he knew that Mr Samuel knew the miss was intentional. He asked again "tell me all you know about James"

"I don't know anything" Mr Samuel said

Balogun got infuriated by Samuel's resistance. He points his gun at him and was ready to pull the trigger when his phone rang.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2014
sorry the update is short but manage it for now
please
Re: Changed by purpinkx(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2014
Mr. Samuel though , old frogs are tougher. Keep em coming
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2014
Okorie knew his time was up when instead of his backup team, he saw one of the Highlanders he was running from. He was running 360km/hr already yet the highlander was catching up with him. He looked at Double E's wife and tension was written all over her. He has a promise to keep, and he owed Double E his life or so he thought.

It was late, so the road was free, smooth but the situation was a rough one. He drove continuously for 6 minutes, his heart skipping a beat every time he looks at his side mirror. The only reason he's alive is because they do not want to kill Mrs Edogho, that he knew and he's ready to exploit the advantage. He sight from afar a street, bustling with people, probably there's a party there. He swerved off the road into it, almost hitting some innocent bystanders in the process.

"Witch! God go punish you oo! Dey drink dey drive! Monkey!" They poured all sorts of cuss words at him. He didn't have time for it, even if he had, he's on the wrong. He got down, pulled Mrs Edogho out and walked off on foot.

The highlander drove into the street, the occupants got down, 5 armed men, ready to kill. The sight of them sent the people running away.

"Wey you come here!" One of them, apparently the leader, bellowed at a young man who saw them late.

"Bros, I no do anything o" he said shakily

"Where the people wey get this motor pass?"

"Them go straight"

"Oya fly now!" The leader said and they marched on, while the young man stood still, his urinary system malfunctioning.

Okorie kept moving, a gun in one hand, the other roughly pulling Mrs Edogho along. He stopped abruptly.

"Do you have any money on you?" He asked her

"Y-Y-yes" she replied

"Follow this route, it'll take you to a junction. Board a car from there to Yvonne's. Hurry up!"

Mrs Edogho walked as fast as she could, scared as hell. On a normal day, she'd cat walk down a street but today, she doesn't care about her steps. She walked briskly until she couldn't see Okorie anymore. She thought of her husband, she silently prayed God keep him and Okorie safe. She made up her mind there and then, after this, Edogho is resigning, whether he likes it or not. No sooner had she reached the junction when she heard shots. Hot tears trickled down her face as she boarded a tricycle.

The men grabbed Angela and disposed her off her weapons. They dragged her along the way she'd come. She yelled, kicked and pulled yet the men's hold on her did not for once lessen. As they drag her along, she couldn't help noticing a door with a sign different from others. The sign, was that of love, with an arrow piercing through it. She wondered what it meant. She needs the escape and though she has no idea, she thinks that is her way out. She closed her eyes, relaxed as they drag her along. Then with her last strength, she pulled off from them. In a jiffy, she was at the door, she yanked it open and ran into the dark staircase. She fell down.

Double E tore through the streets with a Bike,he'd borrowed it from Balogun. The day is still early and he was scared. Balogun had made him believe his wife is not safe even with the team he'd placed to accompany her. He followed the road he'd instructed Okorie to pass, praying inwardly to find both of them safe and sound. He saw some policemen gathered around scene and his heartbeat increased.

He parked and rushed there, he saw the members of the backup team, all dead and would've shed tears but determined to keep it manly. Inwardly, he vowed to get James or anyone who's have a hand in it. He spoke to the officer in charge.

"Any sign of Okorie?"

"None yet sir but there's been shootings at Akpoguma close sir"

" ok ok now send your findings to my office, let me go check out the shooting "

He left the same way he'd come, roughly. It took him nearly half an hour to get there, dawn was fast approaching. He saw his car still clean, he wondered why. He saw a couple of policemen and approached them, he halted their salute and asked them where the shootings at. They directed him and he went there with speed.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2014
please keep the comments coming
that's the only payment I need
please

let me know if I'm doing good or bad and do well to tell me where to work on
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2014
"Why don't we let her go just as the Boss had instructed?" Tega asked.

Schemer turned to stare at him and Tega saw his bloodshot eyes and instantly regretted asking.

"Don't dare question my moves again!" Schemer barked at him, whilst shaking his fists threateningly. He continued calmly

"I'm taking over this empire and it's either you in or you're out. Pick one."

Tega trembled at the thought of betraying Schemer, and he knew it's not right but neither is Schemer. Schemer should've released Angela, that was the Boss's order but Schemer refused. He, Tega knew he owes Schemer his life, but he owes the Big Boss too but now, he can only pledge his allegiance to only one. If he says no to Schemer, he's going to die, no to the Boss and he'll have to wait to find out if Schemer can conquer the Boss.

"I'm with you" Tega said finally.

"Good! Now let's go do some damage" Schemer said triumphantly.

"Wait!" Tega said. Schemer stopped in his tracks and gave Tega a puzzled look.

Tega thought for a second, he'd wanted to say no to Schemer there and then and face his wrath but he decided against it.

"I'll ride and die with you" he said slowly

Schemer walks up to him, pats him on the shoulder and backs off quickly. He knew Tega isn't saying all he's got to say but why should he bother? Tega I isn't and won't be a threat, he'd eliminate him soon, he thought. He smiled at the thought and peeped Tega following him like a programmed robot.

He opened a door that has a sick, battered and underfed Angela with one of her legs chained to her sickbed, lying on the sickbed, sleeping. Even in her sleep, her face bears a troubled look and of one experiencing excruciating pains. 3 men guarded her.

The two men Stared at her for a while before Schemer ordered her bodyguards out. Tega looked on with pity but what could he do without invoking Schemer's wrath? He looked down and he knew it won't be long before the Boss comes crashing down on them.

Schemer walked up to her side, she was patched up with bandages on her arms, one of her legs and neck. She was a sorry sight to behold. He looked at the once gorgeous Angela, now looking frail and ugly. He felt her pulse, then she opened her eyes wearily.

"What happened?" She asked

"You fell down the stares" Schemer said sardonically "that's what you get for trying to prove wiser than Schemer"

She made a move to hit him but couldn't raise her hands.

"I can't feel my body" she cried

"Yes darling. Stay calm till the doctor returns" schemer said smiling

"You monster" she said weakly

"Yea, I admit, I'm a monster, but what will you call the one who instigated this kidnap? Who turned us to what we are today?"

"Who?"

"Your Father in law, Mr Samuel"

Angela's eyes opened wide, Tega was shocked!

Edogho saw Okorie already placed on a.stretcher and rushed to his side. He saw that first aid treatment has been ministered to him.

"Boss, she's safe" he whispered

"Thank you" Edogho managed to say before Okorie was wheeled away.

"Five fully armed men dead, all killed by one policeman, Okorie is truly an asset" Double E's assistant said

Edogho turned, they shook hands and exchanged pleasantries.

"Any other findings?" He asked his assistant

"Yes. There were two Jeeps, one was carrying these ones, the other simply drove by, according to eyewitnesses. They're after something. Some also said Okorie was with a woman"

"My wife"

"Your wife? What is happening?"

"The kidnap case is gone wild, she isn't safe"

Just then, a call came to the Assistant's phone. He picked up, then gave it to Double E. After 3 minutes of talking with the caller, it was all smiles for the Inspector. His assistant looked at him Expectantly.

"She's safe!" He exclaimed. And the other policemen starting clapping. And chants of Okorie rented the air.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Now this is discouraging cry cry cry
Re: Changed by Ice4jez(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Doroboss abeg update now, we dey here
Re: Changed by Debbysky(f): 11:00am On Dec 12, 2014
Nice story, plz feed us more updates i beg o
Re: Changed by Frankenstein: 12:06pm On Dec 12, 2014
cry
Re: Changed by shalommeri(f): 11:13pm On Dec 12, 2014
hmmmmmm...rili?cnt believe am enjoyin masef..kip it up dear..nxt chapter
Re: Changed by tattesco(m): 7:48am On Dec 14, 2014
Abeg bro. Come and update this story in ebiag. Thanks
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
"Lucky you Mr Samuel, the Edogho's wife is safe" Balogun said

He was sitting on a chair right opposite Mr Samuel, who remains tied up. He lit a cigarette and puffed the smoke into Mr Samuel's face. Surprisingly, he didn't choke and acted indifferent.

"So all this, is for the protection of Edogho's wife? I knew he's Had a hand in this! So if she'd been napped, I'd be the prime suspect right?"

"Yes and no. Yes because I think you know more than you're telling and no, because we'd make James an offer"

"Alright, untie me. I've got business to make. Hurry up Mr Agent"

"Not yet Mr Samuel. You're yet to give me answers. See, screw police protocols, I will get every info I want from you in my own way so I suggest you answer the questions as they come"

"I'll only tell you what I know"

"Who was it that called you while you were in the car?"

"One of my workers"

"I guess he betrayed you? Refuse to give up a possession? Ready to give you up? Funny how the person can somehow be James. And this prized possession might be Angela. I can help you take him down, just spill it all"

"Why should I trust you?"

"You don't have another way to take James down"

Mr Samuel kept quiet, meditated, shook his head and looked down.

"That was how you won Mabel's trust right?"

The question hit Balogun harder than a shell would, he tumbled out of the chair, got up, staggered backwards and walked away from the room. He went into another and wept. How come Mr Samuel knew almost everything? He asked himself.

He braced himself up, got an hankie from his pocket and wiped his wet face dry. He returned to the room, this time, determined to pay no heed to Mr Samuel and administer torture.

"Look at you!" Mr Samuel exclaimed "showing remorse now? Something you didn't do in the last year"

Balogun got close and sent a blow across Mr Samuel's face. Then another, and another. Very sure it might keep him quiet, he sent one more and Mr Samuel's nose started bleeding.

"I run things here man, not you" he brings out a hankie from his pocket and cleans his hand, it's been stained with a little Mr Samuel's blood.

He continues, "Edogho is joining us soon. Be sure to cooperate"

Mr Samuel mere nods his head.

---

Edogho drove as fast as he could, his mind made up. He drives roughly into the street John resides, inwardly praying he meets the nincompoop at home. Yes, he's a nincompoop. Any man who beats his wife is a nincompoop. A Buffalo. John disgusts him but for the sake of earning a good credit, he has been lenient to John, and also because of Mr Samuel. Now Mr Samuel allegedly has a hand in Angela's kidnap. He hopes Balogun's theories happens to be false.

He parks at the large gate at John's and gets down. He knocks lightly on the gate. He takes a sunshade out of his pocket and wears it. He knocks again and the small gate swung open. Without invitation, he forced himself in.

"You don't have to come, I'm not going" John says, walking back into his house.

He was dressed in a tanktop and blue trunk.

The sound of a gun fired shakes him and he stands, rooted to one spot, Sweat beads quickly forming on his forehead. His heart rises and falls, in other words, he's scared.

"You're coming with me this instant" Edogho says

John bursts into tears "I don't give a damn about her, is it by force? For crying out loud, we're as good as divorced!"

To Edogho, John should have been a woman. So much hatred for the woman yet he hasn't divorced her, he could be responsible for the kidnap. He says

"Let's move! Resist and you're gone"
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2014
Let's move on jiggy, resist and you're gone.

Come give us more jor.
Re: Changed by seunviju(f): 11:58am On Dec 16, 2014
Lovely update,thanks
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
dedicated to seunviju Edogho tattesco and all the gents and ladies that commented
please keep the comments coming
tnx

"Doc, it won't work. I'm sure of it" Schemer whispers to the Doc.

"The injection works....." The Doc replies before Schemer interrupts

"It doesn't last! Can't you see she's about getting up?" Schemer says, evidently suppressing his anger.

They stare persistently at the TV placed before them, therefore they'd seen Angela move, and they know it won't take long for her to jerk off the chain and run. They watch on with keen interest.

"Do you think the Revelation about her father in-law masterminding her kidnap went well with her" Tega asks, speaking for the first time. He knew they'd become oblivious of his presence.

"Yes" Schemer says, "but it only made her more determined. I know she doesn't believe, she looks at Mr Samuel from the outside"

Silence envelopes the room as the three men shift uneasily on their chairs as Angela makes another move to break away. They were seated in the control room. Tega looks uneasy, sweating even under the A.C. Schemer looks as confident as always, putting his head to work while the doctor has been cleaned up after sustaining wounds from Angela's attack.

A blackberry bold 5 rings, Schemer picks it up and smiles, but before answering the phone, he looks at his colleagues for the nod, it came in a flash. He answers it.

"Get to Uti close and I'll pick you up from there" he talks into the phone. Then to his colleagues he says "Let's go to work! Double E is bringing the guys"

The three of them gets up swiftly, and one after the other, they leaves the room but not without one last gaze at the TV.

No one kept watch over Angela.

-----

Mr Samuel, Double E, Balogun and John climbed into a Mr Samuel's car, with the Inspector sitting on the driver's seat, John beside him, Mr Samuel and Balogun on the back seat. They drove off to the street earlier mentioned by James.

After 20 minutes driving, they reached the street. Balogun squats, so he won't be spotted. Edogho then takes the car off the road, into a small parking space. From the side view mirror, he sees a guy approaching.

"Oga, them dey pay for parking space o" the guy says

Edogho brings out his I.D and shows the guy, who backs off immediately. Edogho's tries dialing James, but it won't go through. Just when he is about to get down, James call came in. He picks at the first ring. He listens for a while before ending the call.

"He wants us to go to the ending of this street" He says

"He's got spies here" Balogun speaks up "I best stay hidden"

"I know"

He reverse the car, and headed deep into the street.

A guy shows up as the car leaves, he's making a call. "He's clean" He says to the person at the receiving end.

Double E drove towards the ending of the street. The street was tarred to the end, linking it to another. It was a busy place, people moving to and fro, but it wasn't really a ghetto. A lot of good looking houses were lined up, along the road. Double E couldn't help but wonder why Schemer chose this street. He asks

"This place is busy, any reason why James picked this spot?"

"No Idea" Balogun says

"He knows you won't want to hit innocent bystanders" Mr Samuel speaks for the first time

John and Double E exchanged glances. Balogun knew that was the reason, but waved away the thought. James is a good planner. Double E parks at the last building before the bend.

"I hope they don't just shoot us" John says. He scans the faces of the remaining occupants of the car and admits "I'm scared"

The puzzled look he's getting keeps sending questions to him. He says again "I have a right to be! I should leave you all here"

He makes to get down, he looks at Double E and sees a gun, pointed at him. He sits back.

"We wait for the next call" Edogho says

He looks at his phone expectantly. It rings simultaneously.

"Yes?" He says

"My men are coming for you. A few minutes and they'll join you" The Caller says.
Re: Changed by seunviju(f): 8:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
Yeeeepaa,can't wait to know wat will happen o.Thanks for the update,keep up with the good work

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soyinka Threatens To Exit Nigeria / Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.