Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Changed - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Changed (25914 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / It Changed Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
Angela wakes up, and tries yanking the chain off her, but after taking a swipe around the room. She looks at the walls, hoping to see a camera, even though there's one, she didn't spot it. A new, refreshed confidence, mixed with fear, determination and resolution swept over her and the resulting adrenaline springs her into action. She continues yanking at the chain.....VOILA! It comes off with a sound like a volcanic eruption, attracting the guard, who comes in with gun in hand but finds the bed empty.

Before he could mutter Jack Robinson, a metal tray crashes on his head, the shock sends him sprawling, his fingers still locked around the gun and Angela takes advantage. Knowing trying to pin the 6 foot 4 bald and big chested man with huge biceps is as impossible as making use of the letter P in the word Psychó, she unwillingly throws her leg, with the chain still on it and it lashes at the man, and he lets loose, his hold on the gun.

Still in advantageous position over the man on the floor who tries to scramble to his feet while is eyes tries to catch a glimpse of the whereabouts of the gun, Angela whips him again, this time, with the same tray, only that it's been coerced into a more thicker object, with a sharp pointed edge. She strikes him with the edge and blood splashes on her face.

"Oh God! Oh God! I've killed a man!" She exclaims, taking a five seconds after each exclamation mark. She chokes on the words and holds her chest as she battles for life.

She finds rest after half a minute of battling, with tears in her eyes, she tries to get up, then falls back, tries again, and falls back. She gives up trying to get up.

----

Mr Samuel gets down from the car first, from the left side, so the interior of the car is not seen by Schemer's thugs. This act alone causes further doubt in Balogun's mind, as the look on his face alone depicts confusion. Mr Samuel then raises his hands up, while Schemer's boys surrounded the car.

Double E gets down from the car, hands gently placed on his head. John looks on as Edogho is roughly handled as Schemer's boys ransacks his pockets and his body, looking for weapons, luckily they found none.

"Mr man get down!" Barks a guy at John. Shaking, sweating, he comes down.

With their hands well tied up behind their backs, and guns pointing at them, Double E, John and Mr Samuel were all lead off, while Balogun looks on from his hideout.

After five minutes of trekking, they came to face with a big building, it's gate already opened, and all of them went in. The building is a two storeyed duplex, painted white all through. The gate closes after them. They were lead into the main house, from there, the shelf swung open, leading to an underground, with Schemer and Tega waiting, with three other armed men and the Doctor. It is all smiles for Schemer.

"Clap! Clap! Clap!" Schemer says, clapping at each mention of the word. "A full house" he says. He turns to walk towards the second door in the large room and says, with a high pitched tone "Bring in my guests"

He then walks into a room that looks like a dining room, with a long dining table neatly placed in the middle, a king chair placed at the head, and 6 chairs each placed by the sides. Schemer sits on the king chair.

"My Chieftains, sit at my right hand, my enemies should be my footstool but not yet" He says. He says this last statement with more seriousness "I'll tell you, who the real enemy is" stressing the last four syllables. He continues

"Until then, I'll be your humble host, now sit at my left"

Mr Samuel looks on, unperturbed. He stares hard at Schemer before sitting while John and Double E does so silently.

"I think I'll like a full house" Schemer says "Get me Angela quick"

Two men went off instantly. On teaching the room in which Angela was formerly kept,they found it scattered, a man dead and Angela missing. They quickly reach for their walkie talkie.

Schemer's walkie talkie was placed on the table, and as the guards spoke, it was audible to all.

"Sir! She's escaped and taken Timi down in the process!"
Re: Changed by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 24, 2014
Nice story. Keep up the good work
Re: Changed by mariemummy(f): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2014
Thhis cant be your first work because the story is an interesting one. You've got great brain.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
"Go look for her!" Schemer orders his men. The only ones still around after the order was verbalized are Tega and The Doctor. Schemer gets up, approaches Mr Samuel, keeping a straight face. He goes close, puts his face close to Mr Samuel's.

"She's exactly what you turned her to" He says. The next line of words was said emphatically "A beast, A killer"

Schemer withdraws and says "Inspector Edogho, I present to you, the Boss, the man with the brains, the brain box, the masterminder, of the Angela's and John's abduction, Mr Samuel!"

All eyes turns to Mr Samuel. Surprise is written across the faces of Edogho and John. Edogho quickly looks away, as if he's not perturbed by the revelation. He hopes the genesis is revealed, so he can quickly flip through it like bible pages. He wonders what Balogun's plans are and what is his location. Mr Samuel's cool and calm voice pierced through his thoughts.

"Is that all you can come up with?" Mr Samuel says

"Don't give me that look!" Schemer says, visibly shaken by anger.

"Your quest for power makes you think hurting my family would trigger my emotions and make me vulnerable but no, you didn't even hit a nerve. Schemer, you betrayed me, you'll rot in jail" Mr Samuel says, still calm.

"Inspector! This man, kidnapped his son and daughter in-law hoping to turn them to beasts like himself!" Schemer says to Edogho.

John speaks up for the first time, apparently, he's been keeping his last strength for this moment. "So? What do we do about it? Let us go and let the police handle it. I promise you, you'll not be punished"

Edogho stiffened a laugh while Schemer walks across and sends a slap across John's face.

"You think we're playing?" Schemer says. His eyes and the color of blood, one wouldn't know which is redder. "Here, is a meeting of men, and until you can take care of yourself, you're not one!" Schemer barks.

John gets up, his lips shakes, angrily he opens his mouth, shuts it, opens it again, no sound comes out. He sits down angrily. This single piece of action was in intriguing to everyone present. Schemer sends another slap across his face and he reacted with a headbutt which Schemer dodges.

"Cut him loose!" Schemer beckons to Tega, who does so quickly. "Since you think you have enough guts, you'll get your chance to beat me today and get revenge for what I did to you" Schemer says.

All eyes focuses on John, while John looks at Schemer, gathering momentum, hands shaking, heart beating faster than normal.

-----

Balogun peeps around, still squatting inside the car, his mind trying to picture the road Edogho followed. Satisfied with what he saw, he gently comes down and runs to a nearby shade. He peeps again, then adjusts his outfit. He makes sure is gun is well concealed on his back. He strolls into the compound like he was lost, determined not to attract attention.

The good thing is, he was sure they don't know him, the bad thing is, Schemer is a clever chap, he might have an idea who he is or might even be expecting him.

He sights a guard from afar and he quickly dives behind a wall. The guard thought he saw a shadow and walks towards it, with his automatic rifle clutching his chest.

"Where you dey face?" The second guard asks

"Make I check something for front" the first guard says and keeps walking

Balogun makes sure his position is concealed until he gets a clear chance to attack the approaching guard. He squats and shifts back. He intend to lure the guard and snap his neck. He jumps behind the wall adjacent to him.

The guard walks foolishly, sees some footsteps and follows them. Balogun jumps from behind him and before one can mutter Jack Robinson, he breaks his neck. He checks for anything he can take, and finds nothing apart from a gun and a pack of cigarettes, he wants none of these so He stood up and hears the a gun corked from behind him.

"Don't move! And put your hands where I can see them!" The second guard says. He's unintentionally followed his colleague.

Balogun raises his hands up.

---

Angela peeps from behind the door she hid, she heard the guard make the call to Schemer, and had watched the men storm out the same way they had came. She comes out of hiding, and bends down, creeps to the door and peeps again, satisfied that no one's coming, she picks the gun lying on the floor. She doesn't know how to use it but she's knows that pulling the trigger means she's killing a second person in the space of a hour.

She walks out gently, gun in hand, bare footed. Her eyes are pure red, as a result of lack of sleep and tears. She can't remember the last time she slept peacefully. Her hair was rough and she looks every bit like the prisoner they'd made her. The most disturbing thing is her father in-law's involvement. She prays it isn't true, else she won't mind being his killer.

1 Like

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2014
pelontus:
Nice story. Keep up the good work

thanks ma'am
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2014
mariemummy:
Thhis cant be your first work because the story is an interesting one. You've got great brain.

thanks ma'am
and it's not my first story
but thanks go to God and my Bosses
Re: Changed by mariemummy(f): 9:26am On Dec 31, 2014
JigsawKillah:

thanks ma'am
and it's not my first story
but thanks go to God and my Bosses

May God be praised. More grace
Re: Changed by mariemummy(f): 9:40am On Dec 31, 2014
Beautiful as usual. There are some typos. Maybe you should edit later. GRACE.
Re: Changed by tattesco(m): 7:39pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jigsawwwww. Nice 1 boss
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
"John" Schemer begins, squeezing his fist that his fingers make a cracking sound "you'll always be a woman, always lazy, always waiting for an old man who just wouldn't mind his dying life to make decisions for you." He pauses, stares at the people around him, trying to ensure he gets all their attention. Satisfied that all eyes were on him, he continued "staying with a woman you don't like......"

Mr Samuel counters him, interrupting Schemer in the process. "Why not go straight to the point? It will do you no go if you procrastinate"

"Are you giving me orders again? I don't work for you anymore......"

"But others do!" Mr Samuel once again interrupts. This infuriates Schemer and scrambles towards the table so as to get to Mr Samuel. So blinded was he, that he didn't see the harmless John coil his two fists into one and throw a punch at his face. Taken aback by surprise and not really the weight of the punch, Schemer crashed, landing on the floor like a bag of cement.

The doctor moves to draw out his gun but was beaten to it by Tega, he raises his hands up. Tega, is armed with two guns, one pointing to The doctor's head, while the second is pointing to Schemer on the floor. "Lose the others quick!" He bellows at John.

Schemer gets up slowly, looks at Tega, his eyes didn't show life, colder than winters winds, his lips bears a small cut, not bleeding though but the cut as a little red on it. The cut is fresh- could a punch from John do such damage? "I'm unimpressed" He says to Tega, walking toward him in gigantic, confidence glaring, smile daring.

Tega freezes, and for a moment, lost his confidence. "Stay back!" He barks "One more step, you both are gone"

"You'll do no such thing" Schemer says. This is dangerous Schemer thinks, he will try his luck. But whether Tega will shoot or not, he didn't get to find out as Edogho jumps on him from behind.

Both of them crashes on the floor, taking a couple chairs along with them. Thankful for the little distraction caused by the rumble between Schemer and Edogho, the two biggest guys available, the doctor hits Tega's right hand, thereby setting the gun on motion, it flies away from Tega's hand and landed on the floor. Before, Tega could bring his other hand, he was already en route to the floor, the doctor on top of him.

Tega then pushes the doctor from off him using his leg. He gets up quickly and releases a punch on the doctor's face. The doctor reacts quickly, pushing Tega aside and stands up. Tega makes another move, he punches the doctor who countered it with a wave of his hand, the doctor punches back but Tega ducks, and sends another punch and the doctor goes crashing. Obviously, Tega is strongest among both of them. He picks up the gun and fired a shot, and it sinks in the wall behind the doctor's face. The doctor retreats, leaving the floor open to only Edogho and Schemer.

Schemer looks like he's having fun with the way he's arranging punches upon punches on Edogho's face. Edogho is now bleeding profusely, from cuts across his lips, eyebrows, and nose.

John, apparently tired of the scene, breaks the one the table's foot, and without thinking, he whips Schemer's head with it. Schemer, turns, surprise well written on his face. He gets up, advancing towards a retreating John but stops on his tracks by a voice.

"Don't move a step further!" Tega says "This time, I'll shoot, try me"

"Sure" Schemer doesn't look convinced "I'll do what the hell I please, whether you like it or not! Who the hell even gave you the guts to betray me? I'll kill this useless Inspector and avenge myself on you before dealing with the goats you're helping"

Edogho is weak, he tries getting up with all the strength he could muster, then slumps again.

"Lazy fool! Who even recruited you?" Schemer taunts. Staring at John, he says "Finally you're a little brave, but now is the wrong time"

"Waste the fool and save us his sermon" Mr Samuel finally speaks, adressing Tega.

Tega pulls the trigger on Schemer, who falls down, bringing a Revolver out, he plants a slug in Tega's chest. Tega falls, screaming, terrified. He could feel his blood boiling, gushing out, his view begins to fade.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:24pm On Jan 12, 2015
Balogun is still, hands raised up, he silently says a prayer. The guard is taking too long, he wished the guard comes with a metre of him, so he can take him down. From the corner of his eyes, he can see the guard moving, taking his time, suspecting even the innocent wind blowing. The guard stops.

"Comot first make I see. Shift go your left side, small small. No tempt me o" the guard says.

Balogun moves slowly and stands fixed, 3metres from his previous position. He watch as the guard goes to check his dead colleague, eyes and gun still fixed on him. He prays the guard makes a mistake, and seconds later, his prayers were answered. The guard turns his face to check on his dead colleague properly, Balogun needed no further invitation. In a second he brings out his gun, the guard turns, both fires shots but only the guard is hit. Balogun is on the ground, he gets up, turns and stares at the damage the bullets did to the wall behind him. He slips the gun back into it's position and continues walking, aware of the danger now, due to the gunshots.

Slowly, suddenly aware of the silence that enveloped the place, despite the gunshots. He had thought he'd see guards all over the place. He sees a red door, he pushes it open, slowly, still, no single guard. The passage is quite dark, but there's light at the end, which is quite traceable.

Oh, how these kind of movies thrilled him! Only that, now, he's and actor and this scene wasn't preplanned. He walked briskly and carefully across the passage, it leads to a bigger room. On one side, is the power plant, big enough for an estate, and that have him wondering what he's in for. He surges forward, towards a door, painted red. It was firmly locked from the inside, he twisted the knob, no sound came out.

He moves his ears close to the door, trying to grasp any sound, it is either the door is too thick to transmit sounds, or the place is also as quiet as a graveyard. He only has two options, break the door, or break the door. He stands for a moment to stare at the door. In a flash, he runs back and forth, using his large right foot, he kicks the door and it swings open.

---

Angela sneaks from room to room, she makes sure she's aware of everything moving, even sometimes, she suspects her shadow to be that of another person. The metal in her hand feels too heavy and makes her inconvenient, she badly wants to dispose it but the situation at hand requires she hold it, even though she doesn't know how to use it.

She hears a sound from one of the rooms ahead of her, she bends down. She is now on her fours. She creeps towards the room emitting the sound. She can now hear it faintly but distinctly. She can place the owners, no doubt, John is in there, but what is he doing there? She figures she'll have to wait a little longer, but now, she has to hide from the owners of the feet marching towards her direction, probably towards the same room she's trying to venture into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by edogho(m): 9:05am On Jan 13, 2015
how far bro? u get brains o. d suspense na die. nice one
when is d next update?

see as dem disgrace me, chai, zat schemer na bastard

1 Like

Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Wetin dey sup?
Re: Changed by mariemummy(f): 9:17am On Jan 13, 2015
Hmmmmmmm, worth the wait
Re: Changed by D9ty7(m): 10:23am On Jan 13, 2015
Nairaland writers go all length to satisfy we the readers and it is very painful to see that these readers are not being appreciated for what they do. Its not like they depend on our encouragement, but they deserve it. And now someone who God has blessed and wanted to help people with the little he has with the help of Princes.a has decided to give a sum of #5000 to a writer every month, a #500 recharge card to the writer who updates consistently in a month. And also 20% of the #5000 to the best upcoming writer.
All you have to do is vote, vote and vote.
Proceedures for voting.
1. Click on this link; https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1804027
2. Cast your vote in this format;
i. BEST NEWCOMER
Mr XXXXXXX
ii. BEST WRITER OF THE MONTH
a. Miss XOXXX
b. Mrs OXXXX
c. Prof COXXX.
Note: In the newcomer category, three writers are being considered for the month of January, they are;
Touchmeder, Kinwayne and Thronekid. You can only vote for one of them.

Also, in the best writer category, you can always vote for three writers. There are over fifty writers on Nairaland, give them your votes and help them win #5000. Its a token right? We all know, but at least they can use it in subscribing their phones and Laptops just to keep you entertained.
Below are the writers who can not be voted for in the best writer category;
1. Pri.ncesa
2. Sa.mmyhoe
3. Te.mitopeDaniel
4. Au.dreyTimms
5. D.9ty7
6. Roy.ver
7. Dive.pen
8. The.Rock5555
The writers mentioned above cannot win the best writer, not because they are not yet eighteen, but because they have won it before. So vote for the numerous other talented writers that are yet to win this prize and see wonders.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
mariemummy:
Hmmmmmmm, worth the wait

I'm glad you're impressed ma'am
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2015
princesssusan:
Wetin dey sup?

Nothing ma'am
Missed your presence
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
edogho:
how far bro? u get brains o. d suspense na die. nice one
when is d next update?

see as dem disgrace me, chai, zat schemer na bastard

Lol
Cops don't always win
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Nothing ma'am
Missed your presence
I missed u guys too by i‘m bk 4 gud pls do update regularly
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
princesssusan:

I missed u guys too by i‘m bk 4 gud pls do update regularly

Everywhere becomes quiet after the shots. John runs up to Tega, tears wells up in his eyes as he holds the dying man, who moments ago, was trying to save them. Such bravery, such courage, will not go unpaid for, he looks at Schemer then back to the dying man, who looks like he wants to say something. He moves his ears close to man's lips. He nods his head. Tega's eyes closed, signifying the end of his dreams, while for John, it's the beginning of a new era.

"He's gone" He says calmly, standing up. He's terrified. Who wouldn't? So much has happened to him in the past couple of weeks, but he surely didn't see it getting this bloody. He looks at the faces of the others before him. He looks at his dad, he gets a nod,then he looks at a bleeding Edogho on the floor, then the doctor by his side, lastly at Schemer.

"What do you wanna do?" Schemer asks, puzzled.

John throws a step towards Schemer "I'm gonna teach you, how to respect elders" he throws another step forward.

"Like you had any. You stûpid son of a stûpid father" Schemer laughs mockingly.

"Watch it!" John growls "I won't have you talk about my father like that"

"Now you're a good son?"

Edogho gets up slowly from behind Schemer.

"Behind you!" The Doctor says.

Schemer turns and hits Edogho with his gun. Mr Samuel hits him with a chair and Schemer's gun falls. Schemer is dazzled by the hit, before he can recuperate, another swing of the chair on him sends him crashing down.

John turns and heads in the doctor's direction, before the doctor can make a move, John dives and pins him down. The doctor stretches out a hand and grabs John's neck and turns him over. He sits on top of John and uses his other hand to punch him. John spits on the doc's face, and the doctor falls down, clutching his eyes. John gets up and kicks the doc in the face. He raises his head up and sees his father's already subdued Schemer. He gives him a thumbs up.

Mr Samuel picks up Schemer's gun. He looks at the door post and listens "I can hear footsteps from afar. We need to hurry"

John helps Edogho to get up, and the corner of his eye catches the doctor trying to make a move. He steps towards the doc and sends a thunderous kick to his skull, the doctor passes out. John then kicks the gun faraway from the men on the floor. He takes one last look at Tega. He makes a sign of the cross.

Just then, the doorpost becomes blocked, by Schemers men, all armed to the teeth, with their guns pointing at the last three standing. Edogho looks at his wristwatch. He wonders where Balogun is.

"Don't even think of fighting back. Shift backwards" the leader among them says. He's dark in complexion, probably in his late twenties or early 30s, 6'5 tall. Schemer definitely has a good taste when it comes to hiring goons.

"You're seriously outnumbered" He continues "Go check on the Boss" he tells one of his men. A simple tap on the shoulder of Schemer brought him back from his unconscious state. He opens his eyes slowly, before getting up. As he sees Mr Samuel, Edogho and John all surrounded by his men, he smiles. His brain quickly recalls and he knew how he'd passed out. He gets up.

"You can't run from James. You started this, Oga Samuel, now you'll end it" He says.

Mr Samuel and John exchanges looks, while Edogho bent his head downwards. John spots a shadow sneaking just behind the door, and from the shape of it, it belongs to a woman. He looks at his dad, and then everyone else, apparently, none had seen her. He knows that shape, if it's true, then he's in trouble. He hopes that isn't Angela, he's heard a few of her recent doings, and he's afraid she might go for the kill when she spots him. Then he sees the shadow again, he turns to make sure they don't suspect anything. No doubt, she's Angela! But why is she not escaping but instead trying to rescue us? He asks himself. The answer will come another day.

------

Balogun is now inside the building. All the doors look alike and it baffles him. He walks gently, ears well glued to the ground, listening for the slightest of sounds. He suddenly realizes he's on his second round of walking, having passed the door with the word. EXIT before. He decides to go from door to door, hopefully, he'll locate the one Edogho is in.

He opens the first, and the silence in it is a real indicator that at that moment, it's void of life. He did the next, and next, and next, until the 5th one. He sees it's scattered somehow different from the others, and he knew it is the one he was looking for. He steps in quietly.
Re: Changed by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
SAW, I never knew you had a story on Nairaland. I hope you aren't telling stories of your Martian adventures here. grin
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 5:13pm On Jan 18, 2015
Guy where u dey?
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 9:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
chai, jiggy, diaris God o! diaris God o!!...
Re: Changed by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2015
Wow! Nice piece here..

Please Nairaland Writer voting is closing on the 28th. Just quickly vote for one of these three as the best Newcomer of the year.
Touchmeder,
Kinwayne
thronekid

Also, vote for any other three as the best writer of the year, including this writer.
Follow this link to vote
https://www.nairaland.com/1804027/free-n5000-writer-here-every/46
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 2:46pm On Feb 04, 2015
"Angela come in" Schemer says "a full house it is. I've been expecting you" he looks at the faces of the others and adds "we, have been expecting you"

Angela quickly hides the gun under the gown she is putting on. She says a little prayer and takes a deep breathe before going in.

Schemer's men all turned around, a little surprised how their boss knew Angela was lurking around. They step aside as Angela walks in majestically, looking unfazed by the current situation.

John opens his mouth. He at once fell in love again, since the first time he'd seen her. Even though unkempt, she looks beautiful. He badly wants to apologize for all the wrongs he'd done to her, and he can only do that if they both leave here alive.

"Now my father in-law is here. The accusation you laid against him then, say it here. I'm itching to kill" Angela says.

"You're still under my custody. I say what I want to say when I like to say it. Alright?" John replies, agitated.

"You honestly don't want to get on my nerves Mister whatever you call yourself" Angela retorts. She tries her best to keep her composure, and not give away any hint that she is scared.

Schemer walks up to her and says, laying emphasis on each syllable "I am Boss here" he turns around, quickly scanning the faces of the other people in the room then adds, shouting "And that hasn't changed and won't be!"

"I just want the truth" Angela says calmly

"Say it and get over with it" John speaks up

"Yes. Spill it kid" Mr Samuel says "Please keep nothing back"

"I didn't ask for your opinions you mórons!" Schemer says "but any ways, enjoy the stories, I'll still give you time for your last prayers"

The whole room was dead silent, except the muffled groans of the Inspector, in pains.

Schemer clears his throat and begins.

"I was in final year, about to graduate, when a lecturer, who was an exco in my fraternity called me. He then introduced me to Mr Samuel"
He then flashes back, whilst telling the story.

------------

Schemer was dressed in a blue tank top with the words 'blue house' inscribed on it, blue baseball cap, a white three-quartered Jean matched with a pair of white sneakers. A toothpick dangling from his mouth, a blue towel hung around his neck. He knocks twice on the Lecturer's door, without waiting for an answer, ushers himself in. He finds himself face to face with a man apparently in his early forties and the lecturer, who's almost the same age with his guest, only a little older, both seated facing each other. He takes his seat beside the other man.

"Weldon Bros" Schemer says after being introduced.

"What's up boy?" Mr Samuel says "I'm Samuel by name" he pauses and stares at the boy's face for a moment. "I'll be brief with you boy. I'm aware of your escapades in this school, and I think guys with your kind of brain are rare gems. So I'll let you work with me, full time. You'll get paid handsomely. Ask your lecturers and other top dawgs, it's I who pull the strings out here. You can forget about your exams, I'll cover everything"

Schemer looks at the lecturer in front of him, before looking back at Mr Samuel.

Mr Samuel, hoping he'd registered a little something, continued. "Like I said, I know every detail that I need to know about you and I promise you, what you'll be doing is something you're already used to"

"Bros, how am I sure that you'll cover my exams just like you promise?" Schemer asks

"I'll start with the next test" Mr Samuel says.

"How much are we talking about first?"

"That will be private but be rest assured that your private car and a crib to call your own are waiting for you"

Schemer sat back and thought for a while, scratching his head slightly, a smile playing on his lips. "Deal" he says finally.

---------

Back to the present

Schemer continues "Since then, I've been doing all kinds of dirty jobs for him. Then he'd approached me about 2 months ago"

--------

Flashback continues

Schemer, dressed in a suit, sits opposite Mr Samuel in Mr Samuel's office. Both of them looks unrelaxed.

"Honestly, I hate to do this but my son is too soft and not good enough for my chain of companies. I was hoping his mom would help but she left too quickly and he doesn't listen to me. I want his wife to take the mantle but he beats her and she succumbs. She's good hearted. I want to reform her." Mr Samuel says, fear written all over him.

"So you think kidnapping her will make him good?" Schemer says.

"I'm a desperate man. Got any better idea?"

Schemer shakes his head.

"Good. Then carry it out then."

They both kept silent for a half a minute before Schemer breaks the silence.

"How do we go about it?"

"Kidnap both of them, and release John like after a day or two. Make Angela see pain, until she takes fate into her own hands, and works out her escape. I believe I don't have to tell you how to go about the kidnapping?"

Schemer nods.

"Good. Watch them closely. I want it neat and discreet, like you'd always done it"

"Yes sir"

Schemer stands to leave.

"You'll get a check of a million naira on your way out, use it for your upkeep"

"Thank you sir" and Schemer walks out.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 2:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
guys
please I'm sorry for the delay
s/o to Buqqui for helping me out

I owe you one my nigga
Re: Changed by Mimikathy(f): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
Dnt tell me dat is d end of d story oooooo. Just wen I was adjusting my belt 4 d finally line, u went off.. Till no update, wats happening because...
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 7:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
Mimikathy:
Dnt tell me dat is d end of d story oooooo. Just wen I was adjusting my belt 4 d finally line, u went off.. Till no update, wats happening because...

it isn't over ma'am
an update is gone hit ya before the end of the day
Re: Changed by Mimikathy(f): 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
JigsawKillah:

it isn't over ma'am
an update is gone hit ya before the end of the day

Am still waiting ooooo
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 1:19am On Feb 05, 2015
Months Later.......

Mr Samuel is in his house, in his study to be precise, reading a magazine, when a call comes in on the landline. He answers the call and leaves it's loudspeaker on.

"Hello James"

"I saw your text"

"I'm forwarding the layout of the underground to your mail now. Do all you can. I'll also mail you John's location, so you can complete the mission. Be careful, and do the usual"

"Ok Sir"

"James, don't hurt any of them"

"Ok sir" then the line went dead.

--------- Back to the present

"So that is it" Schemer says

All eyes turned to Mr Samuel. "Yes, it's the truth" he says unrepentantly.

"Please give me the pleasure of killing him myself" Angela speaks up.

Schemer looks at her weirdly, a smile playing on his lips. "No love" he says "I'll grant that on a better day"

Edogho had stopped groaning, he advances towards Mr Samuel with a clenched fist and teeth and delivers a blow to his face. John moves a step but quickly checks back when a couple of guns were pointed at him.

"Don't act like you are hurt! You don't know pains!" Edogho shouts down at Mr Samuel. "So this, reeducation, is your best idea for reformation? You'd hurt your only family left, hoping to make them into better people?"

Schemer looks on keenly. The suddenly pulls shoots Edogho in his knees. He then step behind him and grabbed his neck from behind.

"I told you not to involve the policez! You brought your cöck sücking friend of a cop to die with you?" Schemer eyes are now bloodshot and his veins bulges out.

"Haven't you killed enough police men already?" Edogho manages to speak.

"Really? You all caused it!" he makes sure his gun's nuzzle is glued to Edogho's skull and calls out. "Balogun come in now!"

"Balogun don't"

Two of Schemer's men stood still with their guns pointing to John, Angela and Mr Samuel, while the others faced the door, pointing their guns forward.

Balogun hid behind a doorpost, unsure whether to go in, so him and his friend both gets killed or stay hidden and attack later. He knows whatever way, James won't kill Edogho instantly. He decides to take his time, peeping for the slightest of chances to attack.

In a flash, Angela dashes forward with a yell that ear piercing and knocks down one of the guards facing them. The second tries to make move but is knocked down by John. Balogun comes out of hiding and takes two guards out with two quick shots. All these had happened in a flash, but not too quick as Schemer mistakenly shoots down one of him men in a bid to shoot the approaching Balogun. He recovers quickly and plants one bullet in Balogun's shoulders. Balogun saw it too late and ducks quickly as a second grazes past his chin.

Balogun, though on the floor, shoots the last standing guard, who looks like he's out of rounds. Random shootings followed, and in a few seconds, everywhere went dead silent. John and Angela were dragged by Mr Samuel away from the shots and hid at a corner. Schemer quickly drags Edogho away and opens a passage by punching in a certain word, he steps in and let it close behind him.

Balogun comes in, fuming "Where did he go?"

"Shift that cupboard to your right, there's a door there. The combination is Maurice" Mr Samuel says.

"Maurice?" John asks, bewildered.

"How did you know?" Balogun asks, almost the sametime as John.

"Don't hurry Balogun, that place is like a closet, it leads to nowhere" Mr Samuel takes in a deep breathe "your mom knew about this place. But it hasn't been completed then"

"You mean you own this structure?" Balogun asks

"There is a lot you don't know Balogun" He turns to look at John then says "I'm happy you're now changed. Take care of Angela" before slumping on the floor.

"Dad!" Angela and John scream the same time, and carries Mr Samuel up. Then John notices the blood dripping from his back. "He was shot" he says, dejected

2 Likes

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06, 2015
"Fück!" Schemer grumbles loudly "Fück! The son of a bïtch shot me!". One of Balogun's bullets had hit him right below the abdomen. His mind kept yelling safety first so he'd dragged the Inspector into the last cubicle. He knew with Mr Samuel alive, they would soon storm in.

"You caused it! I warned you! I said no cops! If only you'd listened, we wouldn't be shedding so much blood!" Schemer yells down and spat on the face of Edogho.

"You use to love blood, why the sudden change?" Edogho retorts. He's badly bruised and has crept up to one corner of the cubicle, with his back on the wall. He tries to stand up, but couldn't, maybe he's paralyzed or maybe he's too weak, only time would tell.

"If you don't keep shut I'll kill you!"

"Do it! Coward! You find fun in killing helpless people!"

"Helpless people?"

"Yes! You're a coward!" Edogho's plan is to make him angry, so Schemer will either get too angry and lose focus so Balogun can crawl up on him or so Schemer can just free him from the pains he's going through. He hopes for the former to happen though.

"So you're now helpless?" Schemer asks, looking expectingly into Edogho's eyes.

"Give me a gun, and I won't be"

"Wise man! I know your plans, and I've always been ahead of you. I mistimed Balogun, only error I ever made"

"And it's going to kill you" Edogho then laughs hysterically "feels bad ain't it?"

"You made use of the word kill, you know it's the only way to stop me, dont you?"

"No lies, yes"

"But you'll die first" He cöcks his gun and shoots Edogho carelessly, without even looking at him. The shot hit Edogho in the chest and his head dangles from his body. Slowly, he falls down, leaving blood stains on the wall.

----------

The doctor had hidden in a corner when he could, he isn't too good when it comes to using guns and the moment Balogun's appearance promised to be a shooting practice, he had perched at a corner. Now, he knows to save himself, he needs to exit the building for home else he'd be exiting it only to be an inmate of the dreaded Ogwashi-uku prison. He holds firmly to the gun and peeps.

From where he sat, he can see directly, Balogun trying to unlock the Cubicle's handle while from the corner of his eyes, he sees Angela and John bent over Mr Samuel, he's probably saying his final wishes, he thought to himself. He shifts back before aiming at Balogun. He releases two quick shots at him.

Balogun turns and shoots back blindly at his shooter. Another bullet hits him and he's down on his knees, he still fires back before he slumps.

The doctor too is down, he got hit twice, one in the shoulder and one in his heart. He silently says his last prayers as tears flow freely from his eyes.

John, silently watching the drama as it unfolds, armed with a gun, gets up. Angela and Mr Samuel looks at him, the former looks on cluelessly why the latter looks on, smiling, expectantly.

John gets close to the doctor and kneels beside him. "I still recall your face doc"

"Everyone is entitled to second chances, don't they?" The doc says.

"You had your chance, you just didn't take it" John takes the gun off safety and presses the nuzzle to the doc's head. "RIP doc. Tell Satan I said hi" he says and squeezes the trigger. Blood splashes on his face. He looks at Angela and then winks.

"How about we go get James?" He asks.

Angela smiles and Mr Samuel groans "I don't see why we should wait"

"I'm going in alone Dad!" John says

"No!" Angela retorts.

"I'm not asking for opinions. Angela take care of Dad" he walks towards her and pecks her. "No matter what happens in there, take Dad to a hospital first. I love you"

Tears flows from Angela's eyes. She runs and hugs him "I love you too". John nods absent mindedly. His mind is is far away and already inside the cubicle.

"John" Mr Samuel calls out "I'm proud of you son!"

John frees himself from Angela's grip but she held his hand. "We should let go" she says. John shakes his head and walks towards the cubicle.

"I'll be waiting for you at the hospital" Angela says. "Be Safe!"
Re: Changed by edogho(m): 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2015
Jiggy, nice one. buh na u drive all d followers o

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soyinka Threatens To Exit Nigeria / Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.