Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

Changed - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Changed (25894 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Slap That Changed My Life For Good! / It Changed Me Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 8:42am On Feb 08, 2015
edogho:
Jiggy, nice one. buh na u drive all d followers o

I no Boss
I'm even ashamed of mentioning them
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 4:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
The door opens slowly and John creeps in, his hands shaking and his palms sweating. He knew gun handling when he'd bought a registered gun. His then girlfriend in the force had thought him, put him through so many rigorous tests, just so that he could protect himself. No sooner were the lessons over before he ditched the gun into a river, because of fear. Now he's glad for learning at all. He knew Schemer is waiting and he wants to make sure even his heartbeats can't be heard. He holds the pistol tighter, with his trigger finger càressing it's trigger. He watch as the door closes as silently as it'd opened. He tiptoes silently, peeping, eavesdropping.

He turns a corner and sees Schemer waiting at the end of the corridor. Both releases shots at each other before taking shield behind the walls.

"I've been expecting you coward" Schemer taunts.

John peeps first, before taking his next step, Schemer being the smart dude he is, might have had everything planned out.

"Thought your dad would've come to face me himself" Schemer continues. There are two walls separating both of them. The cubicle is empty and divided into 3 by thick walls, none posses any door. It's such that a long corridor connects them. Schemer is behind the last wall. "Cat got your tongue?" The taunting continues.

John kept silent, his ears open to the slightest bit of sound aside Schemer's taunting voice.

"Come on boy! Say something" Schemer says, before letting a little groan from his throat.

"I see you're hurt" John finally speaks up "Surrender and I'll make sure you walk out of here alive"

"Oh save it!" Schemer says laughing "Isn't that John? The same one I know? The same one his dad......"

John makes a quick attempt to run into the corridor thereby interrupting Schemer and goes back just in time as a bullet from Schemer's gun hits the wall opposite him.

"You're a good learner. Why take so long to learn?" Schemer continues.

"Because I'm not a killer" John retorts.

"You think I'm a killer? Well, I was a mere cultist in school, your father made me a killer"

"You always had the potentials. Guess your pathetic parents are happy they died before you had the chance of killing them"

"You know nothing John. You've been confused since birth"

"Alright, I agree" John stares upward. He looks at his magazine and notices he's empty, but Schemer doesn't know that. He hopes the game swings in his favour though he doubts it. He closes his eyes as if thinking of what to say before saying "I was never used and dump like dog. Bîtch"

He hates his foolishness for not checking the gun before walking into the cubicle. Now he's going to die? No! He stands firmly, sweat pumps out of it's pores in his body in torrents. His hands start to shake.

"You know nothing John" Schemer say before sending two shots towards John's direction. He is not planning on hitting John with that, because he, John, is well concealed but he hopes he catches him off guard.

John, on the other hand, has heard Schemer's running footsteps and is geared up in anticipation. He got ready to dive. He must make Schemer pay for his dad. Schemer stops short by the other side of the wall he was standing by. Fûck! He exclaims under his breath.

"What?" Schemer asks. "Can't wait to kill me?"

"Keep hiding. I'm happy waiting for the police" John says, and when Schemer isn't sounding like he is going to reply, he continues "Angela must be on her way to the hospital and the police, here. Don't tell me you have plans in place to handle a handful of policemen" His plan is to woo Schemer into making a wrong decision. "Stop being a little bîtch and come out and end this".

"Is it that you're getting scared or just want to die quicker?"

"I fear no foe"

"Yet you fear me. I still can't forget the guy weeping after he'd woken up in a locked room. Small boy"

Then as if propelled by the force of a rocket he dashes forward, turns to face Schemer and throws his gun at Schemer. Schemer knew John's tiny temper but didn't know he'd hit a nerve. The gun hits him squarely and he turns his face away and didn't see John's left leg hitting his arm. The pain was so much he'd dropped the gun before falling backwards.

TBC
Re: Changed by Iolite(f): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2015
When are u going to continue nau?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
Iolite:
When are u going to continue nau?

for the sake of you lady
I'll complete this story

1 Like

Re: Changed by Iolite(f): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2015
JigsawKillah:

for the sake of you lady
I'll complete this story

Yeeeeeah! Thank you, honestly I love ur story. Good job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dedicated to Iolite

The gun falls to John's left and Schemer's right, but with John still standing, it is easier for Schemer to pick up. Schemer sits up and makes a move to, John quickly kicks it farther from Schemer's reach. He turns to kick Schemer in the face but Schemer holds his leg in mid air and sends him crashing to the floor, by throwing the leg upward. GBIM!!!! John falls down like a sack of beans thrown off a moving truck.

Schemer gets up, to get to the gun, he has to get through past John, who is writhing in pains on the floor. He falls down on John, and sends punches to his face. On a normal day, John doesn't stand a chance against the mean-bouncer looking guy. He keeps raining punches on John, he by now is mum, like he's passed out.

Schemer gets up, and slowly walks to pick the gun up. In a flash, John gets up and jumps on Schemer's back, tying his necks with his hands. The unexpected jump makes Schemer stagger forward, then backward, before going sideways, and falls backward, after an unsuccessful attempt to balance himself. The hands tied around his neck keeps getting tighter, he uses his elbows to hit John, but surprisingly, John's hands only twisted more and got more tighter. He's lost some blood already and his sight is becoming blur. He tries unlocking John's hands but it only gets tighter anytime he fails. He gets up slowly, and uses John to hit the wall, 3 times, but to no avail. He trudges forward, toward the gun, with John's hands still locked around his neck, his eyes are getting watery, and he's choking, slowly reaching his end. He bends down, then with his hands, he holds John's head and with one upheaves his back, thereby swinging John to the front, but falls along with John, whose hands won't just leave his neck. Schemer falls with his face to the ground, but happily, John's hands miraculously unlocked themselves.

Both men remains unmoved for the larger part of a minute before Schemer gets up. John looks practically dead, and the blood on his face prevents anyone from seeing if his eyes are still open. His chest's movement is almost unnoticeable. Schemer picks the gun, he's really tired.

"Fool!" He yells. He cócks the gun, and notices it's empty. He removes the magazine and replaces it with one from his pocket. "Has someone been feeding you with lies that you actually have chance against me!?" He laughs aloud. He kicks John face twice, yet no sound came out. Schemer looks closely at John's face, his facial expression depicting confusion.

John had been praying for that moment. How he managed to bear the kicks without giving any indication of them even touching him or any sign of life in him was a surprise to him himself. Indeed, it was a strategy he'd planned to execute if Schemer loosens the tie he gave him, but he wasn't sure how he'd managed that feat, perhaps it was the fear of death or so he thought. John makes one final move, he punches Schemer's throat with all the strength he can muster. Schemer falls back, holding his throat, gasping for life, as blood flows slowly from his nose and mouth.

Schemer gets up and falls back still holding his throat, he rolls from side to side. John gets up slowly, picks the gun and walks away from Schemer, he relaxes on the floor, his back on the wall, his eyes glued to Schemer. If that punch doesn't kill him, the gun would or so he thought.

"You didn't see John outsmarting you right?" It is John's time to taunt Schemer, who's trying to get up, still clutching his throat. Schemer sits on the floor, and rests on the wall opposite John. "John is stûpid! John is a woman beater! Well, Thanks to you, I've grown up from being a pûssy to a giant dîck!"

John eyes Schemer before continuing "Give me a reason to kill you now"

"Do it!" John manages to utter.

"Keep suffering then. You'll bleed to death there!"

Schemer looks around him "Don't dare move an inch!" John shouts.

"I will" Schemer dares. "And you won't shoot" with that said, Schemer gets up and moves towards the corridor that leads to the door.

"Stop!" John shouts, and shoots. The bullet hits Schemer on the shoulder, and he falls down. He has his eyes set on a gun ahead of him, if only he can get there. He gets up again.

"Let me go in there Angela" Mr Samuel says "Check out the bodies here, the police will be here soon"

"You're not going in alone" Angela replies and grabs a pistol from one of the dead guards "Don't try to stop me" she smiles to her father in-law.

"Do you know if there are bullets in it?"

"No" she gives him the gun and he checks it, then gives it back to her. He grabs one for himself.

"We better hurry up, Schemer is my product, and I know what he can do" He looks at his watch briefly before limping towards the cubicle. "Might be too late already"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
final post comes up later today
Re: Changed by vcume(f): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Your story line is okay there is room for improvement. Make sure you also read stories of those ahead of you in the genre that you prefer to write about. One cannot be expert in all fields. Be able to ascertain what field that is. Keep it up
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Schemer falls back.

John gets up from his sitting position and moves towards Schemer, who is creeping towards the exit. "I told you to stop!" He fires another shot that narrowly misses Schemer. John keeps walking, slowly, towards Schemer, oblivious of Schemer's plans.

Schemer dives at full stretch and picks a gun a couple of inches away from him. He spurns around and fires a couple of shots towards John, one catches him on the arm as he flees backward, to seek for a hiding place. I should have killed him, he thought to himself.

Schemer laughs wildly, glad with his new advantage but it's cut short and two shots hits it from the back. One around his neck bone and another ended up piercing through him and hitting the wall. He stands still, he let the gun drop, not because he wanted to but his hands became dead as a third bullet had the bone in his arm dislodged from the shoulder downward. A Professional! he thought excitedly. He turns and sees Mr Samuel and Angela both pointing guns at him, but the bullets came from Mr Samuel's gun. He rushes towards Mr Samuel and two more bullets hit him on the chest and he falls back, breathing heavily.

"Where's my son?" Mr Samuel asks, limping towards Schemer.

"John!" Angela shouts.

"Angela!" John yells back, and rushes towards the exit. He stops short when he sees Schemer down and his Dad standing over him as the proud conqueror.

Schemer tries to locate the gun with his hand, Mr Samuel sends two quick shots into his chest and he stops moving. He throws away the gun as the police floods the scene.

Mr Samuel, his son and Angela hugged themselves tightly.

.....Minutes Later.......

Edogho has been revived and he's been been carried off in a stretcher. "Wait!" He says to the girls Manning the stretcher. "Some privacy please"

Mr Samuel walks to his side and bends down "It's over" he whispers.

"Yea"

"I'm sorry, Balogun is gone"

"Yea. It's OK." He smiles weakly.

"Am i safe?"

"Surely. No proofs"

"Get well soon Inspector"

"Let's move!" Edogho says finally and he's rolled away.

EPILOGUE

Schemer is being driven along the Airport road in a Cab. Seated in the passengers seat, He looks out through the window and smiles. The events of the Past month keeps playing in his head, he's lost a lot in this course. He opens the suitcase and he smiles. In it contains his travelling documents, a cheque of a million dollars to be cashed in america, a certificate of ownership of a certain house. "Mr Samuel! Best Boss ever! I Love the Kevlar" He laughs out loudly.

"Sir?" The Taxi driver asks innocently. He's been looking at his passenger from his mirror.

"Oh Nothing" Schemer replies, then checks himself and gives out a smile.

####################

Edogho, now retired, sits on a chair, outside his house, but within his large compound, reading the day's vanguard. He hears a small tap on the gate and gets up. "who's there?" He asks.

"A letter o Oga" the person at the other side replies.

Edogho opens the gate, thereby revealing a young man, in his late twenties, carrying a large bag on his shoulders. "I'm looking for a certain Mr Edogho" he says.

"I am him. Come inside" Edogho says, feigning a smile.

"No wahala sir. Just sign here" the postman says, handing out a big note book and a pen to the former inspector. Edogho scribbles something quickly and handed it back, before receiving the letter from the postman. He dips his hand into his pocket and gave the man N500. "Thank you sir! God bless you sir!" The man replies and jets off.

Edogho closes the gate and goes back to his seat. The envelope is rather small. He reads the name of the sender aloud. "Sent from Mr Samuel! Hahahaha This man is still in the 60s!" He quickly tears open the letter and brought out it's content, a paper. He smiles, reads the piece of paper, uses it to touch his forehead and raises it towards the sky.

A CHECK OF N20M!!!!!

####################

John became a better Dad, Son and wife after that, and for the first time in a long while, Mr Samuel is happy with his son. They became one big happy family.

THE END

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
vcume:
Your story line is okay there is room for improvement. Make sure you also read stories of those ahead of you in the genre that you prefer to write about. One cannot be expert in all fields. Be able to ascertain what field that is. Keep it up

awwww
thanks ma'am
I hope I'll meet your expectations when I drop my next story
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
there are a couple of new storylines struggling to get out of my head

please dear readers, help me to please you

lay down your complaints and criticisms please, before I start a new story

cisse7575 I sight u
Re: Changed by Sessyjee(m): 6:24am On Apr 09, 2015
JigsawKillah:

cisse7575 I sight u
Nice story you wrote here bro.. Worthy of being made into a blockbuster movie script..
Hollywood thogrin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by cisse7575(m): 7:55am On Apr 09, 2015
JigsawKillah:

cisse7575 I sight u
u see me sha, I sneak here hoping you won't see me...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by kingphilip(m): 9:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Wow jig such a nice piece u pulled here

Twas a jolly good ride keep up the work n remember me in ur next story

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changed by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
jigsawkillah, it's been a long way getting here. Congrats Man.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
laykorn:
jigsawkillah, it's been a long way getting here. Congrats Man.

thanks sir
Re: Changed by Iolite(f): 8:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
Thank you for the dedication. Am confused, are u saying all the shootings at schemer is planned? That he didn't die?
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 2:12pm On Apr 10, 2015
Iolite:
Thank you for the dedication. Am confused, are u saying all the shootings at schemer is planned? That he didn't die?

Yes
when he said 'I love the kevlar' he was talking about a bullet proof vest
it was planned
Re: Changed by Iolite(f): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
JigsawKillah:

Yes
when he said 'I love the kevlar' he was talking about a bullet proof vest
it was planned

Oh, am not happy with the ending sha, because other pple died for real, like Balogun and the doctor.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
Iolite:

Oh, am not happy with the ending sha, because other pple died for real, like Balogun and the doctor.

alright ma'am, I probably got that part wrong
any other thing u think I should work on?
Re: Changed by Iolite(f): 10:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
JigsawKillah:

alright ma'am, I probably got that part wrong
any other thing u think I should work on?

Am not good at critiquing novels, but I will start by saying, you have done a very good job. The only part that bothered me is the epilogue. U seemed to have rush it, no tangible details on their lives after that intesive battle. Waiting for your next story, but please don't put us through irregular updates again o.
Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 11:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
Iolite:

Am not good at critiquing novels, but I will start by saying, you have done a very good job. The only part that bothered me is the epilogue. U seemed to have rush it, no tangible details on their lives after that intesive battle. Waiting for your next story, but please don't put us through irregular updates again o.

alright ma'am
they won't happen again ma'am
thanks for reading and commenting
and for staying right from the start
Re: Changed by princesssusan(f): 3:52am On Apr 11, 2015
Wow!!! Tnx 4 completing the story.
Mr Samuel indeed issa gud father, finally John is a man. Nyc story but pls next tym be consistent.

1 Like

Re: Changed by JigsawKillah(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2015
A Sequel won't be that bad, right guys?

Thinking of something longer, and shots filled. . .
Re: Changed by toksroyal(f): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
Now you can get 20 e-novels of your favorite authors on your mobile device or tablet for just N5,000. Simply send your favorite author or reading list and get 20 electronic books that you can carry along with you wherever you go! Business books, Christian Books and Self Help books are also available. Call 08099434381 or send an email to fortress20group@gmail.com to get yours today

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soyinka Threatens To Exit Nigeria / Chimamanda Adichie: "Beyonce Didn't Make Me Popular" / 18+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.