Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? (38507 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by shudi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
One man food is another man's poison.
I will be disappointed not to see this thread on FP soon!
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Floodgater: Every girl is a wife material, it depends on what(type) you want. But every boy is not a husband material.

Everyman is a husband material...depends on wat u want as a woman
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
SAMBARRY: Shikin Perry perry so you are looking for an embodiment of all of that in one woman while you will be doing what if I may ask grin

well you will see her when you go to your bedroom, sleep and dream grin grin
As I said earlier ppls taste n qualities and also expectation differs av got a high standard n des re what I look out for m nt enforcing it on any1 f u read t well u will c "to me""my opinion".diffrent strokes for different folks.
It's just an overview to help the person asking the question and whoever is interested in learning.no1 is perfect and as I said earlier u would see traces of des qualities all u need to do is help him or her develop it.pik d one u feel is important and leave d rest for god.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Na wa for you o grin grin. So you actually took that serious? I need no post on NL to know if he is a husband material or not.

And you left my question unanswered.
I no say u dey wine me now.me sef is kidding u.
And about ur question plz write it in full m nt clear.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
I no say u dey wine me now.me sef is kidding u.
And about ur question plz write it in full m nt clear.
This is what you said
perry2020:
Husband material is almost same wif wife bt u no d duties of a wife is mur.
and this is my question
Godmystrength:
Really? says who? I don't think i know. I want to know
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by priest2u(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
snazzylove:
Just d way your ignorance led you to quote me.
D last time I checked, the thread is for people to air their opinion, and u are not under any obligation to accept whatever I decide to write. So face front undecided

One good way to start is to know the qualities of a non-wife material . For example the poster I quoted just display qualities most men don't want in wife smiley

5 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: This is what you said

and this is my question
Nothing crioz now just dat a wife has to be mur responsible spiritually,economically psychologically,all round. She is responsible for her kids,her home,her husband (at tyms),wen tinz go wrong wif d kids the fingers re always pointed to d wives mostly than husbands.
D husband's duty basically is to provide for the family and love them contribute to raising them in a godly way when he is available.
U as a married woman don't u have mur responsibilities or duties than ur husband?.

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
priest2u:
One good way to start is to know the qualities of a non-wife material . For example the poster I quoted just display qualities most men don't want in wife smiley
grin grin grin then i guess her husband is not among most men then abi?
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
Nothing crioz now just dat a wife has to be mur responsible
spiritually,economically psychologically,all round. She is responsible
for her kids,her home,her husband (at tyms),wen tinz go wrong wif d kids
the fingers re always pointed to d wives mostly than husbands.
D husband's duty basically is to provide for the family and love them
contribute to raising them in a godly way when he is available.
U as a married woman don't u have mur responsibilities or duties than ur
husband?.
We both have our responsibilities and no one should be over
burdened with endless responsibilities
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by priest2u(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: grin grin grin then i guess her husband is not among most men then abi?
I guess so , most men don't like woman that talk back at them in such a manner whether they are right or wrong #FACT
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: We both have our responsibilities and no one is over burdened with endless responsibilities
Hmmmm re u surecoz I read tru ur story on the counseling thread and shows ur a very supportive wife with responsibilities.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Every girl is groomed to be a wife material and expected to be one by society. Thats why she's taught to cook, clean,give care etc from home. So the type of material she turns out depend majorly on her groomer and what she is groomed with. Only few boys are groomed to be husband material like provide, love and honour his wife, protect, be there always for family etc but all boys are 'groomed' to be head(that is he can get away with anything, seriously how many boys start their first duty of providing, etc from home). Thus all boys will either end up as the head or headache of the family but few, husband materials.
msmon:
Hmm, u seems to have another understanding of the issue at hand, can u pls clear the air on ur opinion if time permit?

4 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
Hmmmm re u surecoz I read tru ur story on the counseling thread and
shows ur a very supportive wife with responsibilities.
that i am
supportive with responsibilities should not stop him from
being same and that is why i am striving to strike a balance. my
marriage is not a benchmark for an idea/perfect marriage.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Haywhymido(m): 12:37am On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: This is where we get into trouble, trying to box everyone into a corner and assume we all like and must have the same thing. No 2 people in this world have the same finger prints same way no 2 people are totally alike.

This is how some men will go and marry what is defined as a wife material yet 2weeks into the marriage start cheating on her with a non wife material.

People should be bold enough to decide what they want in a partner as long as the partner makes them happy.
Some want women who work some don't. If the man who wants a non working wife now marries a working one because we have told him she is wife material and they start to have conflict same society will shout "what is wrong with him".

I have seen a case where a man dated his babe for years and because his mother said she wasn't wife material as she was career oriented he left and married a material who focused less on career and more on the home. Less than a year he began to complain and lament, the other lady being a go getter was always pushing him to do better and be better at work, always helping him check opportunities etc. The wife he married was content with a certain life style, took care of the home and always made it clean and fresh while the lady he left hardly did house keeping just the basics, the marriage didn't last 3years as good a "wife material" as the wife was as defined by the standards of others that wasn't what he wanted or needed.

You see so many men with the stepford perfect wife yet cheating with a mistress who cannot even hold a candle to their wife, they may not love or desire the women they marry but have them as wifes simply because society has defined them as wives.

There are some basic standards everyone should have eg decency, honesty etc not just for marital relationship but for basic human relationships. That aside every adult should be able to define for themselves what they want in a spouse and not what others say is a good spouse for them.

You see women pretending and struggling to fit into these boxes then immediately the ring and certificates are secure become monsters. A "wife material" who would before marriage wash her brother in laws boxers, who will cook all the delicacies the way mama in law wants it, will now start demanding brother calls her anty and suddenly. Pastor so and so will see a vision of mama being a witch and mama is banned from the house
pls where do u spring out 4rm U will make a gud counsellor.U r in d category of dose ladies i wanna marry, ladies dat can think intensively b4 dey talk or text as d case may be.whenever i come across ur comment here seriously u never disappoint.Ur husband to be will be very lucky to av u.

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by snazzylove: 1:06am On Sep 05, 2014
priest2u:
grin grin. Eyaaaa
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by raumdeuter: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Floodgater: Every girl is groomed to be a wife material and expected to be one by society. Thats why she's taught to cook, clean,give care etc from home. So the type of material she turns out depend majorly on her groomer and what she is groomed with. Only few boys are groomed to be husband material like provide, love and honour his wife, protect, be there always for family etc but all boys are 'groomed' to be head(that is he can get away with anything, seriously how many boys start their first duty of providing, etc from home). Thus all boys will either end up as the head or headache of the family but few, husband materials.

I disagree.

In the traditional settings, while young girls are groomed to cook and care for babies, the boys are groomed for provision by going to farm or rear livestock. Farming they start out giving him little portions and later increase it. As he enters teenage and adulthood, the father delegates most of the duties to him including decision making at home

In the modern family while the girls might still retain the cooking its actually getting blurred since the boys also learn to cook, if the car needs repairs or a spoilt electrical appliance, its the boys that are called mostly. If Generator needs to be fixed its the boys, any thing that involves physical strength most likely the boys would be called first

By so doing both are groomed for responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by raumdeuter: 1:11am On Sep 05, 2014
Wife material differs from person to person and this is evident from the various type of women who still end up marrying

In general context it might mean a woman who is not extravagant, who would think of investment over flagrant wasteful spending, WHo would caution the man against such
WHo can offer good advise and not just to nod in agreement and rubberstamp everything

Who has a source of income that can sustain the family incase of rough time, WHo is upright and not a regular olosho in the street corner

Who is respectful to family and elders. Who has a long term goal for her life and that of her family
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2014
shudi: One man food is another man's poison.
I will be disappointed not to see this thread on FP soon!

Hi moderator,
Please kindly move this thread to front page to enable contribute to this popular topic amongst youth.
Thanks.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Haywhymido: pls where do u spring out 4rm U will make a gud counsellor.U r in d category of dose ladies i wanna marry, ladies dat can think intensively b4 dey talk or text as d case may be.whenever i come across ur comment here seriously u never disappoint.***Ur husband to be will be very lucky to av u***.

Who tells you she isn't married yet?
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Haywhymido: pls where do u spring out 4rm U will make a gud counsellor.U r in d category of dose ladies i wanna marry, ladies dat can think intensively b4 dey talk or text as d case may be.whenever i come across ur comment here seriously u never disappoint.Ur husband to be will be very lucky to av u.
she is already taken. thanks for the compliment though grin grin
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Haywhymido(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2014
msmon:

Who tells you she isn't married yet?
n how did u knw she is? Did u attend her wedding ceremony?well, i careless sha. Be it her husband or her husband to be, d dude will be lucky sha ..dazall
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
When you see a wife material you just know.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by bosun11(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
before asking that question...are you a husband material ??
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
A God-fearing and morally right one. #Shikena

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Lilimax(f): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
iwakolewa: If you see her as the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with...then she is YOUR own wife material.
So true!
Simply because our priorities and values differs as individuals smiley
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
100percent cotton
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by rattlesnake(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
30%Temigrace+30%marieole+30%priscaoge+30%@farano
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:
Kai sum ppl and funny comments sha.
Anyways my own opinion of a wife material is
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neda is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husbnd and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sumone who understands u coz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats y e is d man"its shouldn't be dis way.a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead wif ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u strt now just get redi to do it forever.
6.a lady who knows how to be economical and considerate
7.a lady wif good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip coz f she is much of a gossip my dear u re in trouble ooo.
8.a lady who knows how to improvise and multitask.
9.a lady with gud personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,f she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep urs clean.SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(f she knt obey her parents forget it she knt obey u.plus f she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sumtin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice wen he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually coz battles will always come.a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men.F I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is tru ez stomach.f a lady cooks beta for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is anoda tin j noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo.n u expect him nt to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(f she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler wen u get married, now it's nt only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur.marraige will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much alred.dis ones re d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady
See this long list you typed. Are you a husband material??
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by kika23(f): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
True that.... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hello, Why you nigerians are scam? Why your mentality is scam?
Regards
419.com
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by canalily(m): 12:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
....that lady that does not take time to make up like this.....and the daughter is very busy watching and learning....like this

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by chibwike(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
*yawns*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Higher Education And The Female Child / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.