Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? (38557 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by pickabeau1: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: make una no vex o. lipsrsealed

okay

Me ke....? who i be wey i go vex?

You never ansa my question

Generally women are still seen to bring less to a relationship
Until this changes, all this issues will not stop

I see all of u saying marry a woman that works for you but i never saw the advice, marry a man that works for u
It was all his earning capacity, intelligent etc bla bla
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Me ke....? who i be wey i go vex?

You never ansa my question
Godmystrength:
make una no vex o. lipsrsealed
okay
You will see that on ''husband materials'' tread grin grin
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by pickabeau1: 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength:
xx

Ok
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by tontodike1: 5:03pm On Sep 05, 2014

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
pickabeau1: Ok
but really it work in both ways. when men stop looking at beauty alone and women stop looking at pocket then we may be better off in our choices of spouses

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by scribble: 5:11pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: imagine that. na girls you dey use compare ponmo, roundabout and abodi o? yeye

But u cannot deny when it comes to babes , orisirisi dey
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by scribble: 5:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

No madam... you made it about husband material first
Anyhow... no wahala....

Generally women are still seen to bring less to a relationship
Until this changes, all this issues will not stop

I see all of u saying marry a woman that works for you but i never saw the advice, marry a man that works for u
It was all his earning capacity, intelligent etc bla bla

I earn 10* what my fiancee does but she brings more to the relationship. She is sweet, beautiful, caring, smart, a great cook, patient, prayerful, has long hair etc etc etc

But sometimes I just wanna smash something different and in a very rude manner.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by optimism91(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:
Kai sum ppl and funny comments sha.
Anyways my own opinion of a wife material is
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neither is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husband and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sum one who understands u bcoz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats why he is d man"its shouldn't be dis way. a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead with ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u start now just get ready to do it forever.
6.a lady who knows how to be economical and considerate
7.a lady with good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip bcoz if she is much of a gossip my dear u are in trouble ooo.
8.a lady who knows how to improvise and multi task.
9.a lady with good personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,if she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep ur's clean. SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(if she cant obey her parents forget it she cant obey u. plus if she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sum tin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice when he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually bcoz battles will always come. a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men. IF I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If a lady cooks better for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is another thing i noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo. And u expect him not to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(if she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler when u get married, now it's not only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary.
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur marriage will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much already. this ones are d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady. standards and taste differ it's not compulsory she has all.
If one could find a woman with all these (RAW) matrial. What else? But, believe me, there are men who have wives that provides them with most of these qualities, yet, they still run after other (fake) materials. Its all in you. What do you really want in your marriage as a man. Because majority of us married out of sentimental reasons. There is always two sides in every coin. Same goes with character.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Sagamite(m): 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
DesChyko:

To avoid scenarios like being 50 and your first issue is just finishing secondary school..

And so what if that is the case?
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble:

But u cannot deny when it comes to babes , orisirisi dey
same way orisirisi guys dey and same way orisirisi diseases dey. One just have to be disciplined and have self control........
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
DesChyko:

To avoid scenarios like being 50 and your first issue is just finishing secondary school..
But marrying early doesn't translate to having children early. There are lots of couples who marry very early and have delay in child bearing say like 10,15,20years....
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: but really it work in both ways. when men stop looking at beauty alone and women stop looking at pocket then we may be better off in our choices of spouses

Its a eternal game.. money makes d world go round... men want beautiful wives so they get d respect of their peers, give them fine kids
Teet for Tat

scribble:

I earn 10* what my fiancee does but she brings more to the relationship. She is sweet, beautiful, caring, smart, a great cook, patient, prayerful, has long hair etc etc etc

But sometimes I just wanna smash something different and in a very rude manner.

Bolded nice one... as long as u r happy n ur woman is happy..,, your problems are almost solved
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Atmmachine(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
That girl that sucks your dicckk during a football match, both 1st half & 2nd half grin grin grin

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Atmmachine(m): 5:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
That girl treats you like her son.. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Misogynist2014(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neither is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husband and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sum one who understands u bcoz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats why he is d man"its shouldn't be dis way. a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead with ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u start now just get ready to do it forever.
7.a lady with good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip bcoz if she is much of a gossip my dear u are in trouble ooo.
9.a lady with good personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,if she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep ur's clean. SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(if she cant obey her parents forget it she cant obey u. plus if she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sum tin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice when he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually bcoz battles will always come. a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men. IF I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If a lady cooks better for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is another thing i noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo. And u expect him not to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(if she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler when u get married, now it's not only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary.
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur marriage will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much already. this ones are d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady. standards and taste differ it's not compulsory she has all.
:O Ladies having these are scarce ,I mean very scarce but I think if the lady in the fairy tale could tame a Lion,it is not impossible for a MAN to tame his wife to fit his taste.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by NobleG1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:

I dnt need arguing wif u,m a graduate and even graduated at d age of 19 law from unilag,i have also have two other Bsc degree in international relations and politics and also human resource management,also have my masters degree and m a year away from 40.i owe u no apology and m nt begging u to read,i answered d person dat asked d qustn and he got me clearly.
It's just crazy how judgmental ppl can be coz it's a faceless forum.

You claimed to have those degrees and yet you couldn't express yourself in simple English! You probably bought your way through school.
Shame on you and the morubond Nigerian Education System!

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
If you are looking for a wife material,ask yourself if you are a husband material

It is my prayers that only someone who is himself a worthy husband should find a worthy wife

If you have goodness to offer to a woman,may you be blessed with a good wife in all ramifications

But

If you are bossy and controlling may you find a bossy and controlling wife times two

If you cheat and sneak around,may you find a wife that will sneak around and chop every man in sight without you ever finding out and deliver children that are not yours

If you lie,may she be a master liar

if you will treat her folks like garbage and are abusive to them ,may she knock teeth out of your mother and bite off the ears of your aged father.

If you will beat her and punch her may she know how to use a dagger without fear plus have some area boys she can summon to rearrange your facial anatomy

If you and your family will cajole and ridicule her for not getting pregnant after one year of marriage,may the results show your sperm count is zero

Let everybody find exactly the type of person they can be

Iseee!!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by otokx(m): 5:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
An amazing thread.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
NobleG1:

You claimed to have those degrees and yet you couldn't express yourself in simple English! You probably bought your way through school.
Shame on you and the morubond Nigerian Education System!
With your money right2nd and masters wasn't done in Nigeria so I guess uk system too is wacky right? As I said earlier I owe u no apology as to why I choose to write the way I do and last tym I checked u aren't d one who asked a question so I wasn't talking to u in anyway,u dint pay my fees nor do u pay my bills so it's none of your business. i dint commit any blunder as u can c,i only abbreviated most of my words.if you have a problem with that then deal with it. if u do not have any reasonable contribution to make other than pick mistakes in peoples comment m sorry this isn't a classroom or my workplace that I must be so official,its called social media/forum/network. DEAL WITH IT. at least the 100+ ppl that liked this comment understood what I wrote clearly. So if u aren't so smart or can't decipher all that then I pity your IQ. do have a nice day and don't mention me AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
DollyParton1:
Oh mah sweet Lawd!!! I pity that lady that marries u.
Your crazy attitude keeps on snowballing. Please refrain from quoting me. You nonenity! Look for guys who can kiss your asss.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by litetias(m): 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
msmon: Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I just want to ask what it meant for a lady to be a wife material because this has become a popular statement and excuse from guys nowadays.

I have seen a relationship (i.e courtship) that lasted 3 years and only to break-up because the lady isn't a 'wife material'

I was recently having a conversation with my colleagues on the essence of getting married as a young man, and you what I get. Aside the popular excuse of no job, no money bla bla bla, most ladies are not a 'wife material'.

So, what does it mean to a wife material? How can one determine which lady is a wife material. This a thread where all opinion is welcomed from both male and female.

#notimetoeditpls

Na wetin save you be dat. I for correct your english tire today
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 6:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
optimism91:
If one could find a woman with all these (RAW) matrial. What else? But, believe me, there are men who have wives that provides them with most of these qualities, yet, they still run after other (fake) materials. Its all in you. What do you really want in your marriage as a man. Because majority of us married out of sentimental reasons. There is always two sides in every coin. Same goes with character.
You are very very correct.and it's so annoying that they leave strawberries and go for African star apple/agbalumo/odara or even guava sef.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2014
Misogynist2014: :O Ladies having these are scarce ,I mean very scarce but I think if the lady in the fairy tale could tame a Lion,it is not impossible for a MAN to tame his wife to fit his taste.
Sure,your one of the very few guys that reason like this and am impressed
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by scribble: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: same way orisirisi guys dey and same way orisirisi diseases dey. One just have to be disciplined and have self control........

U do realize the fear of disease kills more than actual disease.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 6:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble: U do realize the fear of disease kills more than actual disease.
okay o. na you sabi......enjoy your life. sow your seeds well well. i wish you bountiful harvests.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by oluwasegun007(m): 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
There is no perfect human, all we need do is make sure she posses attitude that is manageable I.e Human management, because when u are able to manage her u'll definately be able to tolerate her...pisssssssss
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by zizytd(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
Wife material! Every lady is a potential wife material, it depends on what works for u, my potential wife material gal, can be ur potential gal friend material gal.in conclusion dere is no ideal wife material, it depends on what d individual wants.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by CoCoLav(f): 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
iwakolewa: If you see her as the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with...then she is YOUR own wife material.

Nice!
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by generalissimo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: This is where we get into trouble, trying to box everyone into a corner and assume we all like and must have the same thing. No 2 people in this world have the same finger prints same way no 2 people are totally alike.

This is how some men will go and marry what is defined as a wife material yet 2weeks into the marriage start cheating on her with a non wife material.

People should be bold enough to decide what they want in a partner as long as the partner makes them happy.
Some want women who work some don't. If the man who wants a non working wife now marries a working one because we have told him she is wife material and they start to have conflict same society will shout "what is wrong with him".

I have seen a case where a man dated his babe for years and because his mother said she wasn't wife material as she was career oriented he left and married a material who focused less on career and more on the home. Less than a year he began to complain and lament, the other lady being a go getter was always pushing him to do better and be better at work, always helping him check opportunities etc. The wife he married was content with a certain life style, took care of the home and always made it clean and fresh while the lady he left hardly did house keeping just the basics, the marriage didn't last 3years as good a "wife material" as the wife was as defined by the standards of others that wasn't what he wanted or needed.

You see so many men with the stepford perfect wife yet cheating with a mistress who cannot even hold a candle to their wife, they may not love or desire the women they marry but have them as wifes simply because society has defined them as wives.

There are some basic standards everyone should have eg decency, honesty etc not just for marital relationship but for basic human relationships. That aside every adult should be able to define for themselves what they want in a spouse and not what others say is a good spouse for them.

You see women pretending and struggling to fit into these boxes then immediately the ring and certificates are secure become monsters. A "wife material" who would before marriage wash her brother in laws boxers, who will cook all the delicacies the way mama in law wants it, will now start demanding brother calls her anty and suddenly. Pastor so and so will see a vision of mama being a from the house
You see, women pretending and struggling to be wife materials are cheats cos they are trying to get man that they dont deserve. Being a wife material is natural. Anyways u have a good reason for not being a wife material urself. Good luck to d man that found u.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:
4.a god fearing lady

Why be a groom like to "groom" when all u want is a ready made wife material!
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by arvinsloane(m): 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Every woman is a wife material. it all depends on how many yards she is. some might be 5 yards, 15 yards, 50 yards etc. but some of them sef no even reach 1 yard, Na where wahala dey be that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.