Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? (38539 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
there are no specific qualities needed by any woman to be called a wife material. e.g the laziest,trashiest or a so called uncultured woman could be someone's wife material. crazy you may say but its true. because all men are not the same, the qualities they need in a woman would always differ. know who you are and what you want in a woman then search and make your choice. you cannot get a 100% of what you desire - you are not perfect either so accept whatever you see and stop craving for perfection after you've made your choice!
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by MissJennifer(f): 3:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
TONYE001: As I see it, a wife material is that lady that meets or is close to the expectations of her spouse.

Every man has certain attributes he would love his wife-to-be to possess. These expectations vary across men.

Let me add quickly that, as a man seeks a woman that possesses the characters he desires, he MUST also have it in mind that he should be of good character to suit his lady. It's a two-way thing. These days, the society stresses on this "wife material" issue without considering that our ladies, too, are entitled to men of "husband material". This is a new form of marginalization..

Lastly, we should know that we are humans - imperfect creations. Let's not draw our expectations using movies, fairytales, etc. as templates. We must be realistic. We must harbour achievable desires. On a lighter note: If you want a blameless "angel" for a spouse, you may be putting yourself on an ENDLESS wait..

A Digress:

Check out how I cooked a unique soup with garden eggs, cabbage, and ogba here:

https://www.nairaland.com/1888187/garden-egg-cabbage-egusi-soup

#onpoint#

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
Yeah some ladies might be bad @managing d home but some guys are also not husband material.... No offense pls!!! I'm also a Man

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by DollyParton1(f): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2014
Joenice: A wife material is a woman who is naturally good and does not cheat on her man. Unfortunately, it is not easy to come by. I look upon God to give me a good woman abroad. Because all I have seen in Nigeria is fake. Pretty and sexx hungry women :-}
Oh mah sweet Lawd!!! I pity that lady that marries u.

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Lakeshizu(m): 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
IHate9ja1: in as much as she giv me peace of mind,no wahala.
So that U will be able to do your Runz?

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by DollyParton1(f): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
perry2020:
Kai sum ppl and funny comments sha.
Anyways my own opinion of a wife material is
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neither is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husband and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sum one who understands u bcoz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats why he is d man"its shouldn't be dis way. a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead with ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u start now just get ready to do it forever.
6.a lady who knows how to be economical and considerate
7.a lady with good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip bcoz if she is much of a gossip my dear u are in trouble ooo.
8.a lady who knows how to improvise and multi task.
9.a lady with good personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,if she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep ur's clean. SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(if she cant obey her parents forget it she cant obey u. plus if she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sum tin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice when he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually bcoz battles will always come. a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men. IF I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If a lady cooks better for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is another thing i noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo. And u expect him not to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(if she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler when u get married, now it's not only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary.
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur marriage will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much already. this ones are d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady. standards and taste differ it's not compulsory she has all.

And u have found one that has all these characters crammed into her personality?
I bet you walk around with a wife material list.
Wife material ko..... husband tailored ni.

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: so all single ladies are not wife materials??
Lol, yes na
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by scribble: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: na wa for you o. Stop spoiling the MEN FOLKS.....
The men i know don't do that...

cool

u want to deceive who? me? you? or them?
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Acidosis:
Lol, yes na
would that also mean that all single guys are not husband materials too??
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble:

cool

u want to deceive who? me? you? or them?
are you telling me that you are one of them ''men cheats''??

[size=3pt]@pickabeau1 come and see this guy here[/size]
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by DollyParton1(f): 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
raumdeuter: Wife material differs from person to person and this is evident from the various type of women who still end up marrying

In general context it might mean a woman who is not extravagant, who would think of investment over flagrant wasteful spending, WHo would caution the man against such
WHo can offer good advise and not just to nod in agreement and rubberstamp everything

Who has a source of income that can sustain the family incase of rough time, WHo is upright and not a regular olosho in the street corner

Who is respectful to family and elders. Who has a long term goal for her life and that of her family
Not all men wants their wife to have a say. Have u heard some men quote Ephesians 5? They literally want a zombie for a wife..
And some other men don't want their wives to work. Their reasons is best known to them. While some can't marry a jobless lady.
But I ageee with your first paragraph. At the end of the day its all about individual preferences. There is no set standard of a wife material.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
Lakeshizu: So that U will be able to do your Runz?
lol
no,i wont try such.i just dont like nagging and troublesome ladies.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Acidosis(m): 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: would that also mean that all single guys are not husband materials too??
Ahah, we are Bachelor materials. It takes a suit, bride price, ring & a clergyman to become a Husband material

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by princechrming(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
grin Below is an example of "wife material" grin

7 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
I think this tune right here explains who a "wife material" is to me!

Big ups to Nasty Nas the illmatic, God's son, Nastradamus, the GOAT(with Tupac) and the great Amy Winehouse (you're the queen and I still love though you're 6ft under cry).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6903zFUIxoU
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
princechrming: grin Below is an example of "wife material" grin
Good. thank you. Now i understand clearly what a wife material is...
going by this i don't think i make one sad sad
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by joeyemi: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
nowadays pple want to just pick finish products,i believe any man or woman ready to put in his or her best to make it work is a wife or husband material,just like op said material dat means it needs a finishing touch before it can look like dat dress designd by channel
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Cmfrt001(f): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=Godmystrength]All the men that are looking for wife materials, how many of them are husband materials? I wonder oooo they are no way boyfriend material talkless of husband material and they are hoping to find a wife material. If you are that desperate to get a wife material, just stroll to the market and ask for one maybe they will help you to an extent.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by joeyemi: 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble: ladies pls remember...even if u r 10000 yards of wife material

ur man will still cheat on u...because thats what men do
no offence meant,bt with d way ladies talk about men cheating i get scard of getting married and i am a guy.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nicepoker(m): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Unionised: Simple...

When you see the MATERIAL she's wearing, then you know.

#this book, I can judge by its cover#

FTC!!!!
#dancing kpalongo#
In line with Nairaland Time Honoured Tradition, permit me to Fool my self small...

Can't believe I made First To Comment.
This weekend go super be dat.

My sincere appreciation goes to God Almighty, my Rock and Shield.

Seun, kudos to you for providing this platform for ordinary people like me.

My dear wife, I know the past few weeks has not been easy, with the constant, relentless attention I've given my phone. No, it was not an extra - marital affair, it was Nairaland. In your bosom will I be contented all the days of my life!

Now look how my hard work has paid off.

Thanks OP for the wonderful topic.

And to those looking on in ENVY, don't worry, YOUR TIME WILL COME!

SHALOM!!!
who released u
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nicepoker(m): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
Unionised: Simple...

When you see the MATERIAL she's wearing, then you know.

#this book, I can judge by its cover#

FTC!!!!
#dancing kpalongo#
In line with Nairaland Time Honoured Tradition, permit me to Fool my self small...

Can't believe I made First To Comment.
This weekend go super be dat.

My sincere appreciation goes to God Almighty, my Rock and Shield.

Seun, kudos to you for providing this platform for ordinary people like me.

My dear wife, I know the past few weeks has not been easy, with the constant, relentless attention I've given my phone. No, it was not an extra - marital affair, it was Nairaland. In your bosom will I be contented all the days of my life!

Now look how my hard work has paid off.

Thanks OP for the wonderful topic.

And to those looking on in ENVY, don't worry, YOUR TIME WILL COME!

SHALOM!!!
who released u.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nicepoker(m): 4:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
Let me ask my tailor this question.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by smartg(m): 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2014
A wife material is a woman who believe you whenever you say ''there's no money in my amount right now''.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by scribble: 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: are you telling me that you are one of them ''men cheats''??

[size=3pt]@pickabeau1 come and see this guy here[/size]

lol y did u call pickabeau for me

madam alls am saying is i like ponmo but i also like roundabout, im quite particular about abodi too

i like assorted, u dig/

what i dont like is assorted drama
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
A husband and his wife were having a serious quarrel when d husband said to his wife;
Husband: pack your things and .........
At that point, the wife's phone rang, so d husband had to stop for her to receive the call.
It was d wife's Dad. The phone was on speaker so d husband could hear their conversations.
After the usual pleasantries between father and daughter, d wife's father said:
"My daughter, I have transferred $1,000,000 into your account, give your husband $500,000 out of it, and you can have the other half."
After the good-byes, the call ended, and she turned to her husband.
"you said I should pack my things and do what?"
Husband: I SAID PACK YOUR THINGS AND GIVE THEM TO ME TO WASH FOR U.
what will a good wife material do?
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble:

madam alls am saying is i like ponmo but i also like roundabout, im quite particular about abodi too

i like assorted, u dig/

imagine that. na girls you dey use compare ponmo, roundabout and abodi o? yeye
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by pickabeau1: 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
scribble:

i like assorted, u dig/

Lol... u r catching ur trips... hmmm

Godmystrength.. why did u derail this topic from wife material to husband material... smiley
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by omalistic(f): 4:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: This is where we get into trouble, trying to box everyone into a corner and assume we all like and must have the same thing. No 2 people in this world have the same finger prints same way no 2 people are totally alike.

This is how some men will go and marry what is defined as a wife material yet 2weeks into the marriage start cheating on her with a non wife material.

People should be bold enough to decide what they want in a partner as long as the partner makes them happy.
Some want women who work some don't. If the man who wants a non working wife now marries a working one because we have told him she is wife material and they start to have conflict same society will shout "what is wrong with him".

I have seen a case where a man dated his babe for years and because his mother said she wasn't wife material as she was career oriented he left and married a material who focused less on career and more on the home. Less than a year he began to complain and lament, the other lady being a go getter was always pushing him to do better and be better at work, always helping him check opportunities etc. The wife he married was content with a certain life style, took care of the home and always made it clean and fresh while the lady he left hardly did house keeping just the basics, the marriage didn't last 3years as good a "wife material" as the wife was as defined by the standards of others that wasn't what he wanted or needed.

You see so many men with the stepford perfect wife yet cheating with a mistress who cannot even hold a candle to their wife, they may not love or desire the women they marry but have them as wifes simply because society has defined them as wives.

There are some basic standards everyone should have eg decency, honesty etc not just for marital relationship but for basic human relationships. That aside every adult should be able to define for themselves what they want in a spouse and not what others say is a good spouse for them.

You see women pretending and struggling to fit into these boxes then immediately the ring and certificates are secure become monsters. A "wife material" who would before marriage wash her brother in laws boxers, who will cook all the delicacies the way mama in law wants it, will now start demanding brother calls her anty and suddenly. Pastor so and so will see a vision of mama being a witch and mama is banned from the house

Bebe!!! two wraps of tuwo shinkafa for u...
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
AdeniyiA:
what will a good wife material do?
Obey
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol... u r catching ur trips... hmmm

Godmystrength.. why did u derail this topic from wife material to husband material... smiley
me derail ke? never. I was only responding to some comments ni o.
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by pickabeau1: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Godmystrength: me derail ke? never. I was only responding to some comments ni o.

No madam... you made it about husband material first
Anyhow... no wahala....

Generally women are still seen to bring less to a relationship
Until this changes, all this issues will not stop

I see all of u saying marry a woman that works for you but i never saw the advice, marry a man that works for u
It was all his earning capacity, intelligent etc bla bla
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
pickabeau1:
No madam... you made it about husband material first
Anyhow... no wahala....

Generally women are still seen to bring less to a relationship
Until this changes, all this issues will not stop

I see all of u saying marry a woman that works for you but i never saw the advice, marry a man that works for u
It was all his earning capacity, intelligent etc bla bla
make una no vex o. lipsrsealed

okay

You will see that on ''husband materials'' tread grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Higher Education And The Female Child / Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? / Man Dumps His Blind Wife In Port Harcourt, Packs Out Of His Home With Housemaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.