Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (87935 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by cubeet3: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
8 )Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.
So True
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
You were withdrawn for poor performance i guess.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
evavista: For real, I was discussing with my elder sister who stays in preson, uk last week about medical schools in nigeria, she mentioned unilorin and said most medical guys in her church over there are all unilorin alumni and they are very good. You better say the real reason behind this hate because I know of one 'lagusto' here from unilorin and he looks like an intelligent dude
sis, I was about calling the attention of @Lagusto oo b4 I saw ur post....@least he will be in a better position to defend the Oke Oyi people..... I respect those guys in Oke-Oyi studying medicine.....

There is something behind brother Afghanistan hate..... He should just spill the truth..... I suspect back to PS things though

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Horlawoomey(m): 5:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
. SORRY O
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Abraham2013(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
A UNN graduate is naturally ahead of u cos dere r only 2 universities in nigeria which is uni of nigeria nsukka and others.
Case closed
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
morefire:

See i keep saying this Uniilorin has not joined the big unis yet. they only have a very fast calender thanks to the fact that they are not in ASUU thats all...
ehn ehn..... Can u imagine?..... Tell me more

Is the recent ranking based on "fast calender"...... Abeg stop the hating and face the fact. Ur opinion does not count... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by bokohalal(m): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
Changed topic from question to assertion.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Yungmilio2(m): 5:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
Tbliss12:

I thought as much, I couldn't reply cos I never school there... Medicine nd surgery is not chinchin ooo that's y he was expelled from d school which made him result to blackmail
Lol
The guy is sick
Tumuch book
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
bokohalal: OP actually asked a question.
yes oo, was about saying that.... Oya @Boko....answer it am behind u
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
I am not surprised that UI and OAU made the top 2.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Josh1000: 5:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
ndidibabe: Sounds gayish...
smh

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by 0955eb027(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Every skool has its own flaws o... Me studied mathematics and dere are some lecturers wey no sabi teach, sum no even sabi @ all buh if dem set question for examz; na die o
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by jammani(m): 5:52pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

Agony Of A Wounjure Fellow. #Team BetterByFar

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by liminister: 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
University of Maiduguri shld b among d first 5 nw.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Spotless180(m): 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
unilorin is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by gatiano(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
dentistry, radiology and physiotherapy are a whole new courses with there own seperate departments, why does your HOD need to command english before you can understand him? verily, i tell you man, if you do not understand your teachers with their nigerian manner of speaking the english, then you most definately won't understand any teacher other than that which is of your own.

bad environment and lack of facility might contribute to loosing interests in studies, but if you want to do it, you will do it!
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2014
yungchop: Where iya kamaru institute of medcine?? cheesy

Your comment pic is so true LOL
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ikenna94: 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
yungchop: Where iya kamaru institute of medcine?? cheesy

Tribalistic mofo! Wen did dere arise a stereotypical reason of ibo girls towards matters as such. Mad man. Werey
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Sirkris(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
it baffled me!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by docadams: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
9jahubcom: Delsu made it...surprise anyway
DELSU should be number one.
They have the best teaching hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by hsirT: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
I bet you Bayero university kano state (BUK) should be on top of the list

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
I said it! There is nothing about this Isamic school!!! And teachers in secondary schl would be like, "Sisi, study Medicine in Unilorin, its the best.'' I 'casted' and 'binded' those teachers then.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ozo13(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
baruzeez: uith na number 1 joor
I second d motion grin grin grin
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by gebest: 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
WHAT OF UNIBEN?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
yungchop: eeyah bro, if you read harder you wouldn't have faced tanke. . . So you want to blame the school for the emptiness of your skull abi?? Its not done that way bro.
unilorin is a wacky school! All the dullards in my class back then got admission there. I'm still in shock!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ikenna94: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Spotless180: unilorin is overrated.

Jealousy won't kill you dear
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by edo70: 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Akshow: ABU lead, others follow.
What proof do you have?Being an ABU student does not mean ABU leads on all universities.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
All the Arabic, Igbotic and Quranic schools, run away from them!!!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Omonoba1: Try to be current Sire...UBTH and Uniben college of medicine is a force to reckon with among medical schools in Nigeria..
iffa hear!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Samabu07(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Strike out Niger Delta University.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Omonoba1: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: iffa hear!
that's your opinion Ma..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.