Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (88018 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2014
See how everybody is yarning about the best medical school..Go to an accredited medical school and graduate as a good medical doctor..Read very hard and come out as the best..The quality of a medical doctor does not depend on the medical school u attended..Whether u attended John Hopkins or u attended OAU, that doesn't make u d best of ur kind...Isn't it thesame mbbs exams that they all write? Abeg study ur medicine and come out among the best..Thanks..

7 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Dgaffer(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.
.....Bros, Ebsu suppose make d list 4 sure....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by jamest3(m): 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.

i think i know that funny phd holder.....he was refused phd position at ABU, seems he got it cheap somewhere.... hehe
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 04, 2014
I just dey look. smiley
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Kylekent59: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Abeg na odogbolu boys colledge jor
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.

Na lie,fink u wrote dis,bcs dey withdrew u.unilorin medical school,is d best in nigeria presently
Check dre drs in country nd u will knw dey r d best
Paediatrics dept has abt 7 profs,surgery has abt 14 profs,medicine has abt 7 profs,o n g dept has 6 profs,pathology has 5 profs,pharmacology 3 profs
U cn chk online nw,dey nw hav abt 7 paramedical courses

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Mbediogu(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2014

1) University of Ibadan.
3) University of Ilorin.
5) University of lagos.

I dont think you have met a UNN graduate of medicine. I am one, a lion of medicine. Bring your best so we can compare ' sublimity in science and in arts and all the realms of learning'. No arrogance intended.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by nickxtra(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2014

1) University of Ibadan.
3) University of Ilorin.
5) University of lagos.

Where is University Benin. Should be among the top 5
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by piagetskinner(m): 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
U sound pained..hope u weren't among those asked to face tanke...that's Unilorin 4 u man
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ola2much: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: I never applied, oloun ma je ka ri esu!. I have hated it since Adams. The school would beg me before I even think of endorsing it. Hian!!!
i am happy for yu,unilorin is mre dan a jke,unilorin is just for d critical minds.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Missy89(f): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
University of Ibadan will always stand out in Medicine !

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Onuvicalliswell(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Make i hear say ebsu no b 1st
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ebsuguy(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
EBONYI STATE UNIVERSITY,ABAKALIKI,EBONYI STATE

I can't shout.....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by dresiri(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
Speaking as a medical doctor who graduated from UNIPORT, I gotta say getting any such list as the one you have just attempted to make, is near impossible. Unless you poll people who have "attending experience" of more than one medical school, you cant get a reliable ranking.
Medicine as a course requires hardwork, and regardless of the school you attend, becoming a good doctor depends on you.
Someone mentioned BUK in a somewhat derogatory way, and as a youth corper during orientation camp, I was privileged to meet with about four BUK graduates who definitely knew their onions.
Schools matter, but to a limited extent....students however do the bulk of the business.
That being said, NUC has its own criteria used in universities and medical schools ranking, maybe we should defer to that list....

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
Fo me :- (1) UNN (1)ESUT (2)OTHERS
My opinion....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Yustash001(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
The problem is dat everybody wants his/her uni to be on d list...even tho ain't really gud....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by adusco(m): 7:45pm On Sep 04, 2014
Joshaw806:

Na lie,fink u wrote dis,bcs dey withdrew u.unilorin medical school,is d best in nigeria presently
Check dre drs in country nd u will knw dey r d best
Paediatrics dept has abt 7 profs,surgery has abt 14 profs,medicine has abt 7 profs,o n g dept has 6 profs,pathology has 5 profs,pharmacology 3 profs
U cn chk online nw,dey nw hav abt 7 paramedical courses

Baba you can lie. Choi!

Are you working with the Nig population commission or you are in dept of demography?
I'm not saying you shld nt defend ur skul but did you go round d dept to confirm dese no of profs?# Winks
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by GboyegaD(m): 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
ozo13: if na dr Prof u wan sabi.med. dept: prof salami, Okoro, katibi, chijioke , omotosho etc
Surgery dept: Prof lawal, Rahman, adeniran,odebode,nze ,ogar, etc not talking abt dos ones DAT r associate prof.
Paediatric dept: prof Johnson, ojuawo, mokuolu, etc
O n g dept: prof jimoh, anate, d cmd of hospital too is a prof in d dept etc
Com health: more dan 3 profs there
Pathology dept: more dan 7 prof there.dr is even a young prof there (prof buhari)
Preclinicals depts too got lots of professors. Chairman if na prof u wan talk abt .dem choke dr

Does your post seem coherent to you? Oga calm down and write appropriately so that one can understand the point you are trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by VellyG(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
So uniben was omitted from the list whereas delta state uni is Dere. OP u must be joking ..
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
And for those of you trying to defend unilorin by saying I was probably withdrawn due to poor performance,telling me I had a poor GP, telling me I didn't cross, you will never cease to amuse me. Many of you were still in secondary school while I was there and I crossed with a GP many of you unilorite can only dream of. During my 100L days, I crossed into 200L with a GP of 4.84 out of a possible 5.0. But the problem all started while in 400L going into 500L. Our set was one of the most disliked in the college of medicine so majority had problem in pharmacology which really haunted most of us. And yes I was withdrawn I agree in which I was persuaded to get a degree which is called Bachelor of Basic Medical Science. The degree was mainly given to medical students who were dropped in 400L and we had no choice but to accept. Upon graduation, I applied with my degree into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for a direct entry. I'm currently in 300L studying medicine at ABU and I can categorically tell you that studying medicine here in ABU is way better than unilorin. You'll enjoy the school, you'll enjoy your course of study. Here in ABU, we have our college of medicine in the main campus which takes studying to a whole new different ball game. Its upon clinicals from 500L that you move to the teaching hospital. I'm making space for my NYSC service this year come november batch C so I'm to defer for a year. What's just keeping unilorin up is because they are not part of ASUU which makes them strike free. Many unnecessary new developments in unilorin just makes things look crazy like making of the so called smart ID cards and distributing the so called pc tablet to every student with the name unilorin inscribed at the back. The school authorities even forcefully created a first bank account all in the name of the smart iD card and you can imagine no one even thought sueing the school for forcing them into a banking institution without their consent. I trust students in the USA and europe. Like they say, the truth is always bitter and the truth really hurts that's why unilorites will do all they can to defend the school. I've tasted 2 different universities in nigeria and I've attended many seminars in so many other universities in nigeria and I will boldly say that majority of them are better than unilorin the best of which is my citadel of learning, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Despite all these, thoughts of unilorin will always remain in me and there are so many things I'll miss about unilorin mainly the main campus at PS. From oke-odo, to tanke, I left behind lots of friends in those places. From maraba to yakuba to oke- ose to oke-oye, I left people who will forever be remembered and will always be called friend because we had an impact on each other lives. Oh I will I ever forget the kwara polytecnic students that were to close to our teaching hospital. The brought fun and at the same time brought dread with their riots and shootings. Once a unilorite, always a unilorite.
Probitas Doctrina.
Best regards

8 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by samdes02(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
I bet you've not met unizik\NAUTH medical students.their program is topshot. Even their doctors represent well
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dgaffer: .....Bros, Ebsu suppose make d list 4 sure....
bro,nah lie....if nah for law then EBSU should be ranked among top 5
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by NeuroBoss(m): 7:50pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

I'm sure you were one of the many "face Tanke" medical students who failed PHY 152, ZLY 103 etc and couldn't make 3.5 to cross to 200L. Or you were booted out along the line for lack of brainpower to carry on. Unilorin is not only one of the best in Medicine but one of the perennial best 3 universities in Nigeria for the past 12 years.
I know you were one of the "medicine wounded" as we called your type. I'm a zoology graduate of the Better By Far university and I know what I am saying. Factual and not influenced by sentiments.
Léyìn Ìlorin kò tún sí varsity.
Stop being bitter. Cheers!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dahkogrin007:

seems u were told to withdraw too...and d HOD wey no sabi English, I guez it Dr Ajao of Anatomy
I didnt mention names o my brother. Are you a student there?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by 1stUnique(m): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
rahazaqa: u must kidding. OOU should be in number 1.
na dat OOU worse past.. glorified secondary sch. no offence bro.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Incredyable(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan: And for those of you trying to defend unilorin by saying I was probably withdrawn due to poor performance,telling me I had a poor GP, telling me I didn't cross, you will never cease to amuse me. Many of you were still in secondary school while I was there and I crossed with a GP many of you unilorite can only dream of. During my 100L days, I crossed into 200L with a GP of 4.84 out of a possible 5.0. But the problem all started while in 400L going into 500L. Our set was one of the most disliked in the college of medicine so majority had problem in pharmacology which really haunted most of us. And yes I was withdrawn I agree in which I was persuaded to get a degree which is called Bachelor of Basic Medical Science. The degree was mainly given to medical students who were dropped in 400L and we had no choice but to accept. Upon graduation, I applied with my degree into the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria for a direct entry. I'm currently in 300L studying medicine at ABU and I can categorically tell you that studying medicine here in ABU is way better than unilorin. You'll enjoy the school, you'll enjoy your course of study. Here in ABU, we have our college of medicine in the main campus which takes studying to a whole new different ball game. Its upon clinicals from 500L that you move to the teaching hospital. I'm making space for my NYSC service this year come november batch C so I'm to defer for a year. What's just keeping unilorin up is because they are not part of ASUU which makes them strike free. Many unnecessary new developments in unilorin just makes things look crazy like making of the so called smart ID cards and distributing the so called pc tablet to every student with the name unilorin inscribed at the back. The school authorities even forcefully created a first bank account all in the name of the smart iD card and you can imagine no one even thought sueing the school for forcing them into a banking institution without their consent. I trust students in the USA and europe. Like they say, the truth is always bitter and the truth really hurts that's why unilorites will do all they can to defend the school. I've tasted 2 different universities in nigeria and I've attended many seminars in so many other universities in nigeria and I will boldly say that majority of them are better than unilorin the best of which is my citadel of learning, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Despite all these, thoughts of unilorin will always remain in me and there are so many things I'll miss about unilorin mainly the main campus at PS. From oke-odo, to tanke, I left behind lots of friends in those places. From maraba to yakuba to oke- ose to oke-oye, I left people who will forever be remembered and will always be called friend because we had an impact on each other lives. Oh I will I ever forget the kwara polytecnic students that were to close to our teaching hospital. The brought fun and at the same time brought dread with their riots and shootings. Once a unilorite, always a unilorite.
Probitas Doctrina.
Best regards
hey dude!!!
i love ur sincerity ....

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by piagetskinner(m): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
UNilORIN!!!even 4 nairaland them no dey carry lastgrin

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
Idboyostic: sis, I was about calling the attention of @Lagusto oo b4 I saw ur post....@least he will be in a better position to defend the Oke Oyi people..... I respect those guys in Oke-Oyi studying medicine.....

There is something behind brother Afghanistan hate..... He should just spill the truth..... I suspect back to PS things though
There's absolutely nothing behind my hate. Not everyone on pink tag was special. We were like every other students.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
having being to 6 out of the 10 schools (college of medicine) listed, i think in terms of good condition and learning environment
UI
OAU
UNILAG

I don't knw what AAU (EKPOMA) is doing on that list though. very funny.

And i think UNIBEN should be among the top 7

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by hardbody: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

Bros no vex, did you eventually graduate with the MB BCH or whatever name they allocate to your degree?

You sounded a bit unhappy even though you were obviously stating facts.

No offence bro

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by piagetskinner(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: I never applied, oloun ma je ka ri esu!. I have hated it since Adams. The school would beg me before I even think of endorsing it. Hian!!!
Ur hate doesn't stop them 4m graduating students who have been found worthy in learning and character,let alone first class brains. Abeg keep your hating to urself joor undecided
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Makau86(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2014

1) University of Ibadan.
3) University of Ilorin.
5) University of lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.