Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (88023 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
opisco01:
I'm a 400lvl MB;BS student there, I cn confidently say that all u av said are lies. I av a feeling u were withdrawn datz why u chose to write these lies. Smh
bros, reverse, pull over and park well. He 'spoke' the truth. Your school is Islamic! No merits, no nothing! I have guys over there o.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Spotless180(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ikenna94:

Jealousy won't kill you dear
unilorin na school?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
Vessi: medical students there all spend nothing less than ten years at madonna university.
I won't lie. I did 100L there, saw the rot and fled.

*currently enjoying life at Uniuyo*.
why would a sane being go to such school? I heard its a scam though. I lost hope in it when I saw a graduate of the school having issues with simple concord in English.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Omonoba1: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: unilorin is a wacky school! All the dullards in my class back then got admission there. I'm still in shock!
hope you wont recuperate from the shock after they av graduated..

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Legit: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.
NONE of them is good enough for me or anyone. Medical training in Nigeria is a joke. These "so Called" doctors are noting but a medical assistant as they are not exposed to the latest equiptment or innovation. I will never be treated by Nigerian doctors in Nigeria, if I can help it, and will put in my will. My relative had a stroke in nigeria, the dumb Nigerian "so called" doctors could not diagnose it, im not a doctor, and I know the sign of stroke.

My friend was sick in Nigeria, was rushed to an expensive hospital, the doctor gave her an injection, and paralised the poor woman. It is not the fault of the student, they only learned with the little they have. This is why Nigeria medical degree is NOT recognise in most western countries. The hostels is not condusive to learning, with dirty full everywhere. Nigerian education na yeye. Why are all the rich getting out of the country for treatment, even the President. I don't blame them, I have zero respect for these Nigerian Doctor, they're not qualify, the standard is too low. I will not trust my live to the "so Called" nigerian doctors. It is rubbish. This is the truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by yungchop: 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: unilorin is a wacky school! All the dullards in my class back then got admission there. I'm still in shock!
story fun awon irumole smiley
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
ekemini007: Omo i no knw the criteria or yardstick u use tk arrive @ dis conlusion. Bt one of my homie de huz wit me de play snooker and gamble, smoke dope hussle yet de pass al him course via sortin.. So for me abraka na no no!
anything Niger Delta or Igbotic is fake!!! Second hand!!! Run for your life! How would Med student bribe to pass shocked? Why won't they prescribe diflofenac 500mg daily for 2months! Jesuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Hugo7(m): 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Legit: NONE of them is good enough for me or anyone. Medical training in Nigeria is a joke. These "so Called" doctors are noting but a medical assistant as they are exposed to latest equiptment or innovation. I will never be treated by Nigerian doctors in Nigeria. My relative had a stroke in nigeria, the dump Nigerian could not diagnose it, im not a doctor I know the sign.

My friend was sick in Nigeria, rushed to an expensive hospital who gave him an injection, and paralised the poor woman. It is not the fault of the student, they only learned with the little they have. This is why Nigeria medical degree is NOT recognise in many western countries. The hostels is not condusive to learning. Nigerian education na yeye. Why are all the rich getting out of the country for treatment, even the President, I don't blame them, I have no one OZ of respect for them. I will not trust my live to the "so Called" nigerian doctors. It is rubbish. This is the truth.
I agree,but what are you doing to help the situation?

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ola2much: 6:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
hmm..blackmailing just because yu neva meet the requirement of crossing to medicine..lol..face tanke tins
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ola2much: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: bros, reverse, pull over and park well. He 'spoke' the truth. Your school is Islamic! No merits, no nothing! I have guys over there o.
ah ah just becoz unilorin denied yu admissn..jealousy
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Dahkogrin007(m): 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.

seems u were told to withdraw too...and d HOD wey no sabi English, I guez it Dr Ajao of Anatomy
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by chemicaljohnny50: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
I didnot see university of maiduguri and this university has all the facilities for medical studies
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by rman: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.

You were withdrawn or couldn't make it there when you tried at unilorin.
You post obviously lacks objectivity.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by netmoneywizard: 6:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
The Only Nigerian medical school that does COBES and d only that is recognizd by WHO.... Unilorin MBBS is for the extra-complete ones

3 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by HouseOfBalloons(f): 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Legit: NONE of them is good enough for me or anyone. Medical training in Nigeria is a joke. These "so Called" doctors are noting but a medical assistant as they are not exposed to the latest equiptment or innovation. I will never be treated by Nigerian doctors in Nigeria, if I can help it, and will put in my will. My relative had a stroke in nigeria, the dumb Nigerian "so called" doctors could not diagnose it, im not a doctor, and I know the sign of stroke.

My friend was sick in Nigeria, was rushed to an expensive hospital, the doctor gave her an injection, and paralised the poor woman. It is not the fault of the student, they only learned with the little they have. This is why Nigeria medical degree is NOT recognise in most western countries. The hostels is not condusive to learning, with dirty full everywhere. Nigerian education na yeye. Why are all the rich getting out of the country for treatment, even the President. I don't blame them, I have zero respect for these Nigerian Doctor, they're not qualify, the standard is too low. I will not trust my live to the "so Called" nigerian doctors. It is rubbish. This is the truth.
we don hear
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by morefire: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Omonoba1: Try to be current Sire...UBTH and Uniben college of medicine is a force to reckon with among medical schools in Nigeria..

a force to reckon with no doubts but they lost their accreditation... means something is wrong somewhere
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Legit: NONE of them is good enough for me or anyone. Medical training in Nigeria is a joke. These "so Called" doctors are noting but a medical assistant as they are not exposed to the latest equiptment or innovation. I will never be treated by Nigerian doctors in Nigeria, if I can help it, and will put in my will. My relative had a stroke in nigeria, the dumb Nigerian "so called" doctors could not diagnose it, im not a doctor, and I know the sign of stroke.

grin grin grin
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Legit: 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hugo7:
I agree,but what are you doing to help the situation?
This is the question for the leadership, what I can do is educate Nigerian to be careful with the treatme4 nt from their "so called" doctors. Ask more question and get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion, b4 trust the diagnosis.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by retepmurt(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
See lamentation(Ekun Jeremiah).You mst be one of the students withdrawn from unilorin medical school as a result of poor academic performance.One does nt need to possess the wisdom of a Solomon or the sagacity of a Daniel to conclude that u ve been 'injured' by this Medical school.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by sisiafrika(f): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ola2much:
ah ah just becoz unilorin denied yu admissn..jealousy
I never applied, oloun ma je ka ri esu!. I have hated it since Adams. The school would beg me before I even think of endorsing it. Hian!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by semitunde: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2014

Your argument isn't logical. But mostly you need to calm down.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by netmoneywizard: 6:34pm On Sep 04, 2014
UNILORIN MBBS graduates are fire.... Even b4 dy graduate, dy make d most out of Annual Medical competition
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Kunle106(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where is olabisi onabanjo university on the list. I guess you listed those universities base on your perception. The list is incomplete without OOU. Make your findings.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ladybluecash(f): 6:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
Op wat of UNILEVER

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Janeify(f): 6:41pm On Sep 04, 2014
dguizman: we dey call yam,cocoyam dey show face
i don't understand you
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: bros, reverse, pull over and park well. He 'spoke' the truth. Your school is Islamic! No merits, no nothing! I have guys over there o.
hmm! Truth ko Truth nii, because ur friend told u.... U concluded it is.... I wonder what type of graduate u will become.... Smh

Did i hear u say "No Merit"..... Hahaha.... Joker u are! Ask @Afghanistan, he will tell you. MBBS not a child's play in Unilorin my dear.... U nid to be in the system to conclude not I hear say, dem talk say....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by omolizzy(f): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
hsirT: I bet you Bayero university kano state (BUK) should be on top of the list

20 gbosa for u.....#teambukite

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ozo13(m): 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
GboyegaD: I can't rate them because I never passed through medical school nonetheless, I don't think Ilorin deserves to be rated above the UNN, UNIBEN, AND UNILAG amongst others. Isn't it the same Ilorin in the days of Prof. Rahman Oba who sacked all the top professors in some fields of medicine Ilorin had back then? Who groomed the current breed they parade as professors? Perhaps, when I'm educated in this regard I could have a change of position on this but until then, I hols my peace.
if na dr Prof u wan sabi.med. dept: prof salami, Okoro, katibi, chijioke , omotosho etc
Surgery dept: Prof lawal, Rahman, adeniran,odebode,nze ,ogar, etc not talking abt dos ones DAT r associate prof.
Paediatric dept: prof Johnson, ojuawo, mokuolu, etc
O n g dept: prof jimoh, anate, d cmd of hospital too is a prof in d dept etc
Com health: more dan 3 profs there
Pathology dept: more dan 7 prof there.dr is even a young prof there (prof buhari)
Preclinicals depts too got lots of professors. Chairman if na prof u wan talk abt .dem choke dr

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Haggadah: 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Success is not in the institution but in the individual if you like make you go ui( university of Ile) if you no go no nada u no go know

4 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
netmoneywizard: The Only Nigerian medical school that does COBES and d only that is recognizd by WHO.... Unilorin MBBS is for the extra-complete ones
baba tell dem oo.... D extra complete ones not for the "average student's"

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by dazzlingd(m): 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Khaynet: Top 10 Best University In Nigeria:in Terms Of Medicine & Surgery.

1) University of Ibadan.
2) Obafemi awolowo university.
3) University of Ilorin.
4) Ahmadu bello university Zaria.
5) University of lagos.
6) Lagos state University.
7) University of Nigeria Nsukka.
cool Delta state university Abraka.
9) Niger delta university.
10) Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma.

Do you think am right? Prove me wrong or
support me now in comment.

Unilag no 5.....
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
sisiafrika: I said it! There is nothing about this Isamic school!!! And teachers in secondary schl would be like, "Sisi, study Medicine in Unilorin, its the best.'' I 'casted' and 'binded' those teachers then.
yimu undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.