Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (88019 Views)

Tips For Studying For Long Hours (my Experience) / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Studying Law? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Incredyable(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
Viewing this topic:Zamp,Pprovost,Ekpekus(m),piagetskinner(m),topygel,felixchip(m),tochman(m),Ola2much,Jhulyan(m),Aisha800(f),giftbox,bolaji73(m),Afghanistan,oleeee(m),yuno01,pascalmilan11(m),firstjoe,Paragonova(m),bolaji273,Ojeilevbare(m),Incredyable(m),Temitopez(f),doctorisa(m),Abby3(f),plentykola(m),McLove(m),peerless2(m),hod898(m),asadike(f),MrTeymee(m),confistified(m),zizky(m),4soft,dresiri(m),HoluwadareY(m),swhiss,paulolungwe,olusenny,Ashkormissy(f),adanny01(m),WISDOM891(m),hardbody,johnsonadex,yerima11,Nmaudu,kattyagbagidi(f),GuyFawkes,Dramadiddy,1stUnique(m),Bertbert,Ikechukwu09(m),helpforcouples,Salnajand 84 guest(s)
u guys should educate us on our colleges of medicine.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ashkormissy(f): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dahkogrin007:

seems u were told to withdraw too...and d HOD wey no sabi English, I guez it Dr Ajao of Anatomy
Hey, u dnt talk abt ma HOD in such manner. U knw, if he hears abt dis u wld not serve cos u jst leaving college!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2014
hardbody:

Bros no vex, did you eventually graduate with the MB BCH or whatever name they allocate to your degree?

You sounded a bit unhappy even though you were obviously stating facts.

No offence bro
I'm currently pursueing it at ABU, Zaria but I'll be going for my NYSC service this year so I'll continue after my service. Thanks
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ijikoeche: 8:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
Remobe d last 3 nd. Repllace dem wit, UJ, uniben, nd uniport
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ashkormissy:
Hey, u dnt talk abt ma HOD in such manner. U knw, if he hears abt dis u wld not serve cos u jst leaving college!
They guy is saying the truth or are you among those being disturbed by that guy Dr Alabi?.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
adusco:

Baba you can lie. Choi!

Are you working with the Nig population commission or you are in dept of demography?
I'm not saying you shld nt defend ur skul but did you go round d dept to confirm dese no of profs?# Winks
Let them keep deceiving themselves. The total number of professors in that place are not more than 6 or 7.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2014
baruzeez: guy am a 400level student of oke oyi and i can tell u all u said are lies
Its better you just prepare for your MB exams and relax after a really long 400L curriculum. Will you people go for COBES?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Ashkormissy(f): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
They guy is saying the truth or are you among those being disturbed by that guy Dr Alabi?.
He cldnt possibly b saying d truth. Aw many tyms dose d man come to class? Besides, dis man dint lecture u so u shudnt go against him. Ah aint disturbed by anybody. Me type laylow nd graduate
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nelson2014(m): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where is uniben? It supposed to b no 1
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by soonpoint(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.

The post said medicine, nursing and the rest of the courses u mentioned. U talked about facaulty of basic medical sciences wtout clinical sciences. They don't have d cousrses dosent mean they don't produce fine doctors.I know that HOD u talk about and its. Not as bad as u talk. U r close about the facilities but my dear that was then, may be like 8 years ago. Things have changed quite a lot, manpower and infrastructure wise. Iv met with other graduates of other schools, esp during internship and service year, we know where we stand. And when they c our facilities, esp the tchn hospital, they clap. Even in inter school competitions. All said, medical education is a bit defective nationwide compared to overseas. Pls op ur list isn't complete without OOU. Their medical gradutes are top of the brew

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Duru009(m): 8:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
University of benin , should be dre. Thy have produced d best medical personnel in nigeria n africa.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by blazesam(m): 8:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
BSU ,,,BSUTH left out? You must be joking
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by plentykola(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
Schoo does not determine how good u are but ur capability to develop urself. I knw 2 doctors from university of ilorin that are nothing to write home about and I also have friends that graduated from dsame school that are hotter than fire there are twins anybody that graduate from medicine btw 2005-2008 will surely knw them kehinde and taiwo so our education system in nigeria is bad and our government is not helping matters so we need to try and develop ourself individual the school u attend does not make u good is only if u want to be good u find a way to develop yourself. So if u are fighting about about schools no university in nigeria is qualified to be called one even the the private universities compare to other countries universities
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Psalmuel92(m): 8:36pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Forget that Unilorin o. I was a medical student there and I must say its really overrated. Insufficient classroom,poor conditions,poor structures and also,the lecturers. Majority of the lecturers no sabi anything as most of them are doctors who were just hired to take up lecturing to fill the gap. Imagine the HOD of a department who cannot speak good english and he calls himself a graduate of MB;BS and has a PHD in anatomy only to miseducate students in anatomy. That's why its very difficult to find professors there. Only a few professors. Another problem is the issue with departments. The college of medicine in unilorin don't have enough departments. They don't even have dentistry, physiotherapy, radiography and so on. Even nursing was just recently established. Despite all these, they keep on withdrawing students anyhow, destroying their careers all in the name of medicine. You just have to make the best of everything in this life and try to be successful in all endeavours. Just believe that you'll make it and with hardwork,you will.
Best Regards.
Guy,I'm sure you were also witdrawn from medicine in that school cos you could not cope...sorry to say!
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by josh830: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kad poly is the best dey hve done bone marrow transplanting
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by saifuhot: 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
young man because you were withdrawn doesn't make it wacky
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2014
asadike: unn should b d first on dat list
You folks won't just be satisfied Haba .... Since you see Unilorin in Number 3 instead of Number 1 , you should be concerned as to why ?

Unilorin is the Highest Ranked University in Nigeria @ present which one is UNN .... I search I search I could not find UNN .....

Be satisfied with Unilorin ok , strictly Better By Far cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Idboyostic(m): 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
There's absolutely nothing behind my hate. Not everyone on pink tag was special. We were like every other students.
now I see where u are coming from, Bro I understand u perfectly because have been there and I know exactly what you mean...... Like I said, I suspect back to PS but your case is different because u end up graduating as you said but the degree was against your wish..... And this to me is the reason behind ur frustration....

Actually, I wasn't saying everyone on pink tag is special... All am trying to say is for you to survive the pink tag, u just have to work very very hard for you to keep the pink tag....
N:B: that extra effort might not be needed in some other skl b4 getting ur A's
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2014
@ OP

Can you post images of those universities,please?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by ascaris(m): 8:49pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where is Unijos?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
Rev. Prof. Greg Erahbor of the College of Medicine, OAU, Ile-Ife is the leading doctor in asthma in Nigeria. He trained more than half of the doctors of respiratory medicine.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by banquo11(m): 8:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
gift01: Who among them have provided a cure for Ebola? If none, then they no better than Chemist store as far as am concerned
na so
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ashkormissy:
He cldnt possibly b saying d truth. Aw many tyms dose d man come to class? Besides, dis man dint lecture u so u shudnt go against him. Ah aint disturbed by anybody. Me type laylow nd graduate
I was also told he knew nothing apart from anastomosis and classification of bones.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Psalmuel92:
Guy,I'm sure you were also witdrawn from medicine in that school cos you could not cope...sorry to say!
Read my reply on page number 5 and you'll see you lack gray matter.

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by asadike(f): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
donroxy: You folks won't just be satisfied Haba .... Since you see Unilorin in Number 3 instead of Number 1 , you should be concerned as to why ?

Unilorin is the Highest Ranked University in Nigeria @ present which one is UNN .... I search I search I could not find UNN .....

guy,no com tel me dat tin,i no unilorin pass u, born nd brought up at ilorin, had friends there nd my only bro dey there na im u com dey tel me
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Vincef(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
gift01: Who among them have provided a cure for Ebola? If none, then they no better than Chemist store as far as am concerned

Which school did you attend. So, you don't know the difference between

Which school did you attend. So, you don't know the difference between

Which school did you attend. So, you don't know the difference between a Doctor, Lab scientist and a pharmacist? I believe you are a first graduate of a uni. Mbom fo!

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by asadike(f): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
donroxy: You folks won't just be satisfied Haba .... Since you see Unilorin in Number 3 instead of Number 1 , you should be concerned as to why ?

guy,no com tel me dat tin,i no unilorin pass u, born nd brought up at ilorin, had friends there nd my only bro dey there na im u com dey yarn me okpata here
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Excelboi(m): 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
Bayero University Kano is so underated, so so underated, maybe cos they are Northern schools. Their medicine is one of the best and they also have other medical related courses such as Dentistry, nursing, radiography, physiotherapy, medical lab. I'm sure it will top more than five schools up there. Unimaid too should be there.
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2014
I have a colleague that says that the best one is the one you gain admission into and I agree
How many of you have gone to a hospital and part of your question is to ask the doctor what school they attended?
How many accident victims have refused treatment because the doctor went to UNIcal instead of Nsukka?

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Afghanistan:
Best Regards.
Just because you failed
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by SuperT(m): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2014
Boscojugunu: Oau shouldn't be on that list

why?
Re: Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine by Emilord(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
The list is inconclusive without UNIZIK.They are the best if you ask me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants / How Relevant Is NOUN Certificate? / FG Releases Guidelines For Reopening Of Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.