Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,109 members, 7,842,213 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP (11193 Views)

I Did Not Award Any $2 Billion Contract For Procurement Of Weapons - Jonathan / Lagos Plans IPP For State Tertiary Institutions / Negris, Lasg Launch 10 Mw Bi-fuel Ipp In Lagos! Finally,24-hours Electricity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by segradino(m): 6:29am On Sep 05, 2014
Hmmmm>>>>

Good news for smart phone users, you can now purchase MTN and Etisalat Data Plans for as low as N400 for 250mb, Check out
this thread on Nairaland for full details https://www.nairaland.com/1852534/mtn-etisalat-data-cheapest-rate
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by daveman144: 6:30am On Sep 05, 2014
nairamaverick: which year would it be completed?
you just ended up posting nonsense.didnt you see within two years?
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Daniel058(m): 6:41am On Sep 05, 2014
Gov..MARTIN Elechi~~OCHUDO!!,well done sir!. very soon ABAKALIKI will join the list of most popular cities in Nigeria...#NWA~ABAKALIKI~4~LIFE

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by ogbuchukwuemeka: 6:42am On Sep 05, 2014
what happened to the Nkalagu cement factory? the governor shld revive that company first, what happened to the company may also happen to one that is about to be constructed

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by musicwriter(m): 6:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Ebonyi state, always in the news for the right reasons. I will personally relocate to there, if they can complete that project and have 24/7 power supply as promised.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by DesChyko: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2014
nairamaverick: which year would it be completed?

Second paragraph of the news.
The project, with the capacity of 2,700 megawatts, is expected to be completed within two years.

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by HandOfChukwu: 7:01am On Sep 05, 2014
adconline: How can a govt have a JV of $1.14bn with a fictitious company-hodges and bakersfield? What's their track record? This company doesn't even have a website.. Just Facebook. What's the name of Korean company to construct this project? Naija govt deceiving folks since 2000BC!
Yes, this is obvious fraud. Mr. Terry Moreland and Mr. KES Sion do not exist, there is no trace of them anywhere and this so called power company that will apparently be holding 80% of the companies assets Hodges and Bakers Field is non-existent, this is just another ploy to steal money from Nigerians. You Ebonyi guys need to riot or protest against this.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by amadice(m): 7:01am On Sep 05, 2014
adconline:
JVs can be formed, but by partners who have proven track record. JV equity from Ebonyi is about N40bn- 40% of their annual budget. It runs a budget of less than N100bn. Where is the money coming from? Who is backing the fictitious company? How come no Naija Banks,ADB, IFC, World Bank, GE, ABB are mentioned? Who are their technical partners?
......keep quiet, aew u so allergic to progress and development?
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by msmon(m): 7:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Good development, this has been done in Ogun state years back.
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by poiZon: 7:06am On Sep 05, 2014
dridowu: constructing mega project is easy but the way we maintain them remain the unanswered question. Good one but again how soon will the project br completed.

u sure say u read d article at all??
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Leondrox: 7:06am On Sep 05, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Let's be the ones to worry about that! Mention was made of a number of partners involved in the venture. So you think it's not possible that a wholly new company was setup solely for this venture; to take care of the different joint-venture partners and better manage the project!

Is this going to be a gas-fired plant; and if so, where will the gas be sourced from?........Anyone know?
I think it is going to by hydro powered.
It is situated at Oferekpe, Ebonyi state. The same Oferekpe that has a massive water plant. There is big water there.
That megawatt it's gonna generate, will be more than abundant for Ebonyi state.
IPP is the way man. If it's state venture, then it ain't gonna be costly as private power.

Can't wait for 2016.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Leondrox: 7:07am On Sep 05, 2014
HandOfChukwu: Yes, this is obvious fraud. Mr. Terry Moreland and Mr. KES Sion do not exist, there is no trace of them anywhere and this so called power company that will apparently be holding 80% of the companies assets Hodges and Bakers Field is non-existent, this is just another ploy to steal money from Nigerians. You Ebonyi guys need to riot or protest against this.
Mr Elechi is not known for deception. He stands by his words and projects.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by kelvinnn(m): 7:08am On Sep 05, 2014
unapologetic: ABAKALIKI — EBONYI State government, yesterday, signed $1.14 billion contract with foreign partners for the construction of the state’s Independent Power Plant, IPP.

The project, with the capacity of 2,700 megawatts, is expected to be completed within two years. At the ceremony which took place at the State Executive Council meeting at Government House, Abakaliki, the Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, said the project would boost industrial revolution of the state and the South East and enhance the development of other sectors of the economy.

The proposed power plant, which is jointly owned by Hodges and Bakers Field and Ebonyi State government at 80, 20 per cent share, would be constructed by a Korean firm.
The plant is to be located at West Bank of Cross River in Oferekpe/Akahuwhu Inyimegu in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.
The Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, described the plant as the single largest power plant in the country.

Professor Nebo promised that the Federal Government would give the state necessary assistance to ensure that the project was actualised and commended Ebonyi State government for its visionary leadership.

Governor Martin Elechi said the project would increase the income stream of the state by N40 billion every year to accelerate the development of the state.
He commended the Minister of Power and development partners for their cooperation to ensure the realisation of the project.
Chief Executive Officer, Ebonyi Independent Plant, Mr. Terry Moreland, and the representative of the firm constructing the project, Mr. KES Sion, assured of their commitment to ensure the completion of the plant.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ebonyi-signs-1-14bn-contract-construction-ipp/#sthash.C68kyhS5.dpuf
If e no go enter wrong pockets e for better o! undecided
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by chinex276(m): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Federal university ndufu alike(FUNAI)- IKWO

IPP-IKWO
Waooo... Dis wat happens wen d governor is frm ur local govt. Although its being 3yrs i went 2 EBONYI, i hope d place develops quickly.
#PROUD*IKWO*GUY
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by ilugunn(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2014
Good one from Ebonyi.
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by poiZon: 7:17am On Sep 05, 2014
*accordng to the article the ipp will be built under ppp arrangement, where the private sector repped by baker n hudges will bring 80percent n the ebonyi state govt brings 20percent. the total sum is 1.4billion dolls. from my calculations 20 percent of the state contributing amounts to 280,million dolls. e plenty o. chai elechi ochendu butu why..............................

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by adconline(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2014
amadice: ......keep quiet, aew u so allergic to progress and development?
Cos u haven't developed any brain to know that asking critical questions is part of development,so in a nutshell, this topic is way too much for your IQ. Go to a " beer palour" to have a field day with your mates!

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Iykopee(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2014
Well lets give elechi benefit of the doubt.
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by dridowu: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2014
poiZon:

u sure say u read d article at all??
Yep , i read it. It is either you did not or you mis-interpret my post or better still explain to me how my post is out of context.

Jah Bless

India Girl Marry Dog (Detail Pics and Video) https://www.nairaland.com/1886677/indian-girl-marries-dog-warn
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Onuvicalliswell(m): 7:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Its a nice one bt dis elechi is actually taking all d govment project to ikwo, like d federal uni, rice processin mill, n nw dis mega power station all in ikwo. while dre ar oda 12 local gov. Dat av nt even dream of any govmt asistant if nt emergency program like out break of guinea worm, cholera,floodings or wind disaster dat d govmnt can boost of. May God help ebonyi state

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by Beulah09: 7:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Tales by moonlight. Never going to happen. You dont deliver a power plant in two years!

Will it be gas or diesel fired plant? Where will the fuel come from?
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by KingIOb: 7:40am On Sep 05, 2014
Gov'nor Martin Elechi and MEGA Projects.
The UKAWU and OFEREKPE MEGA Water Schemes, have they been completed or started working? The OCHUDO City, is it now in use? The MEGA Rice Mill project?
Can those on ground give us updates on these MEGA Projects and their stages of completion? Some of them started in his 1st tenure.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by poiZon: 7:41am On Sep 05, 2014
dridowu: Yep , i read it. It is either you did not or you mis-interpret my post or better still explain to me how my post is out of context.

Jah Bless

India Girl Marry Dog (Detail Pics and Video) https://www.nairaland.com/1886677/indian-girl-marries-dog-warn

hw come u asked when its gonna be completed, whereas the article stated a period of 2yrs which shud be in d region of 2016 n 2017.

oh i understand ur plight, they hvnt start the project yet..... i got it.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by BlackTechnology: 7:41am On Sep 05, 2014
jmoore: It is a welcome development if it is not a scam project.

Some folks are asking how it will benefit the people. This question sounds ridiculous. The state government will generate revenue by selling the electricity and the people will have steady and efficient power to run their businesses.
If all states can at least produce 1,000 megawatts, the country will generate more than 36,000 megawatts.

6Months to go
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by BlackTechnology: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2014
Leondrox:
I think it is going to by hydro powered.
It is situated at Oferekpe, Ebonyi state. The same Oferekpe that has a massive water plant. There is big water there.
That megawatt it's gonna generate, will be more than abundant for Ebonyi state.
IPP is the way man. If it's state venture, then it ain't gonna be costly as private power.

Can't wait for 2016.

6 Months to go
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by 573V31D(m): 7:45am On Sep 05, 2014
What is dis disrespect about ebonyi all about...u all wil be d envy of ebonyi come 2017

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by dridowu: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2014
poiZon:

hw come u asked when its gonna be completed, whereas the article stated a period of 2yrs which shud be in d region of 2016 n 2017.

oh i understand ur plight, they hvnt start the project yet..... i got it.
I knew that your point will be base on years of completion but i still maintain my own point also , "How soon will the project be completed" . Its not a matter of PPP , as far as any Nigeria govt is invovled then be ready to add +1years to the project. This is Nigeria where government will tell us the project will be completed in Xyears but only to be completed in Zyears.
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by poiZon: 8:06am On Sep 05, 2014
dridowu: I knew that your point will be base on years of completion but i still maintain my own point also , "How soon will the project be completed" . Its not a matter of PPP , as far as any Nigeria govt is invovled then be ready to add +1years to the project. This is Nigeria where government will tell us the project will be completed in Xyears but only to be completed in Zyears.

notED
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by tonardo(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2014
That's my state, Governor... Elechi is working..
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by fairheven: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2014
This massive wen compared with Anambra government earlier plan to build 1500MW with the sum of 2.5billion dollars,which was posted here in july by "chinolization".I remember commenting then that the amount was too much for just 1500mw.I guess am vindicated.
The link -http:/www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-gets-2-5bn-1500mw-power-plant-under-power-Africa-initiative/184799/

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by olushowunm(m): 8:25am On Sep 05, 2014
unapologetic: ABAKALIKI — EBONYI State government, yesterday, signed $1.14 billion contract with foreign partners for the construction of the state’s Independent Power Plant, IPP.

The project, with the capacity of 2,700 megawatts, is expected to be completed within two years. At the ceremony which took place at the State Executive Council meeting at Government House, Abakaliki, the Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, said the project would boost industrial revolution of the state and the South East and enhance the development of other sectors of the economy.

The proposed power plant, which is jointly owned by Hodges and Bakers Field and Ebonyi State government at 80, 20 per cent share, would be constructed by a Korean firm.
The plant is to be located at West Bank of Cross River in Oferekpe/Akahuwhu Inyimegu in Ikwo Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.
The Minister of Power, Professor Chinedu Nebo, described the plant as the single largest power plant in the country.

Professor Nebo promised that the Federal Government would give the state necessary assistance to ensure that the project was actualised and commended Ebonyi State government for its visionary leadership.

Governor Martin Elechi said the project would increase the income stream of the state by N40 billion every year to accelerate the development of the state.
He commended the Minister of Power and development partners for their cooperation to ensure the realisation of the project.
Chief Executive Officer, Ebonyi Independent Plant, Mr. Terry Moreland, and the representative of the firm constructing the project, Mr. KES Sion, assured of their commitment to ensure the completion of the plant.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/ebonyi-signs-1-14bn-contract-construction-ipp/#sthash.C68kyhS5.dpuf
. This is "Dead-on-Arrival" project. Well, its not possible to construct 2700mw with $1.14billion! Its the biggest scam I ever heard of! 1Mw costs average of $1million and for Nigeria system, it should cost about $1.2m/Mw. So do the Arithmetic and you will know this is a scam!
Re: Ebonyi Signs $1.14bn Contract For Construction Of IPP by iceberylin(m): 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
That money is way too much for the project
Ebonyi Govt looting Nigeria dry since 1000BC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#biafran Veterans Storm Aba Streets In Protest These Are War Veterans(pics) / Malami Queries Emefiele On Forex Fraud Allegation In CBN / Abubakar Shekau: Army Offers N3 Million For Information That May Lead To Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.