Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. (25927 Views)

250 Nigerians Depart For Ebola Volunteer Work In Liberia, Others / Ebola: FG To Train Health Workers From Liberia, Others / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=PhockPhockMan]Meaning what?
Must you comment? [/quote

Abeg, ignore posters like him. You ought to know that not everyone who has access to the internet is mentally stable. Some posters are best ignored.

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by phreakabit(m): 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Billyonaire: TIMELINE

- We have limited quantity of ZMapp, we can not afford to give even a dosage to a Nigerian patient. (Let them die).

- The NanoSilver used by Nigerians is a pesticide and should not be used. In fact its better for Nigerian EVD patients to die than try anything.

- Nigerian government should use blood from patients who survived the EV to treat others (so we can infect more).

- Nigerians should extend help to other African countries. (So we can import more cases)

I love USA. God bless America.

The USA apologists are going to have Ur scalp for this.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
mako007: When we av totally curtailed Ebola then we will remember where Liberia, Guinea and other African countries is on the map, for now we have lost our atlas

cheesycheesy
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by bossanmayor(m): 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
luk at how some wondafoool peeps re (NEF)
Person who posts pointless messages on forums,diotic comments Africans don't want to help there fellow black people waitin for USA Nnd others "whites" peepz to wash every african shite.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
neuljosh: If naija is truly the giants of Africa, then I don't see any reason why they have to wait for US to ask them to help their neighbors. Leadership comes with responsibilities you know

Is Nigeria currently ebola free? Have we finished dealing with all cases of ebola in Nigeria? So you want us to go and help other African nations fight ebola so that our medical personnel sent over there will come back to Nigeria and pass the virus around again putting us all at risk again right? You and all other enemies of Nigeria have failed! You are welcome to go to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea and help them fight ebola. After all, are you not a human being with two hands?

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Standard007(m): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
queensenglish91: You have started abi?

started what!!!!! angry
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
hakanai: I think we shouldn't. We should resolve our own cases and close our borders. Because as it it now we will feel the impact if we begin to involve ourselves in another nations palaver. After Ebola we have BH. So one thing at a time. I also think we have done enough for Liberia. Bleed for her and spent for her! E don do abeg! Let other help too.

Well said! I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
drsteroid: Laughing in swahili...so US have seen without their Zmapp,we can fend 4 ourselves..thought they have been asissting the other countries with their limited supply of zmapp..when we asked them 4 the zmapp,they said it was stil a trial drug and its in limited supply,but they have been sending to other european and african countries.So the rejected stone has now been the cornerstone..how time flies

@Bolded

Na so. Jehovah God will continue to prepare a table for Nigeria in the presence of her enemies.

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by sammondonpoint(m): 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
When they are not ready to help... Mtcheww

Please help me visit... https://www.nairaland.com/1808428/most-affordable-mtn-etisalat-data or check my picture below to see things for yourself

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
EmpressaDelRei: That woman is trying to save face (it was part of their agenda not to assist Nigeria in her time of need, now we are on the path to success and they want affiliation). We know who our friends and family are, Africa as a whole are one big family (although some choose not to identify with others). I pray the Federal Government will assist our brothers (other African countries). There is an adage that says "if one finger touches oil, there is the tendency for the other fingers to get smeared by it". Let's help without expecting gratitude, God will bless us and fight our battles.

Until Nigeria is 100% ebola free, we are NOT helping anybody! We must first remove the speck of wood in our eyes before trying to remove the log of wood in another man's eye. You cannot expect us to clean another man's house when our house needs cleaning as well. Go to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea and go and help them there and make sure you remain there after you are done and don't come back to put the Nigerian public at risk of the deadly virus again, okay?
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
neuljosh: If naija is truly the giants of Africa, then I don't see any reason why they have to wait for US to ask them to help their neighbors. Leadership comes with responsibilities you know

You only help your neighbors after you have solved your own problem first. A blind man cannot lead another blind man. Nigeria is battling with the virus too. Until Nigeria is ebola free, we are not going to take any risk in the name of helping our neighbors. You are a Nigerian aren't you? So get yourself to the affected West African countries and help them. Just make sure you don't pull a Patrick Sawyer stunt and bring your Ebola-exposed self back to Nigeria to endanger the health of the Nigerian public.

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by phreakabit(m): 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
Red cross
UNICEF
WHO
Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)
United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)* **
CARE USA
Project Hope
Oxfam

If these organizations can't provide aid workers to HELP, they should (in Nigerian terms) leave it!

Kudos to MSF by the way.

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Okudiover(m): 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
angry angry angry angry USA na useless Quantri and Obama na the worst US presido where Naija is concerned. The want to ffuck our style up. Ndi ara!
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by dasparrow: 3:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija: How will Nigeria developed with these kinds of primitive people mentality? I cry for most people in here. cry cry cry cry cry angry

You don't expect Nigeria to develop when she has mentally unstable citizens like you who log into Nairaland each day to talk trash about Nigeria and her people. We all know your Nigerian parent is primitive but just because your Nigerian parent is primitive does not make all Nigerians primitive. If you care so much about helping other West African countries fight ebola, then get off your lazy behind and go and assist them. It is very easy for you to sit behind your computer screen in a small dingy poorly lite basement apartment typing rubbish and criticizing when you do absolutely nothing to help the situation at hand. Please take a back seat!

3 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Tweetums(f): 3:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
all4naija: How will Nigeria developed with these kinds of primitive people mentality? I cry for most people in here. cry cry cry cry cry angry
u Don cry 4urself finish abi?
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Tweetums(f): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
samquad:

God Bless Nigeria.
Green black green?
I wonder o
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Oduduwaboy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
drsteroid: Laughing in swahili...so US have seen without their Zmapp,we can fend 4 ourselves..thought they have been asissting the other countries with their limited supply of zmapp..when we asked them 4 the zmapp,they said it was stil a trial drug and its in limited supply,but they have been sending to other european and african countries.So the rejected stone has now been the cornerstone..how time flies
this is nothing but dispay of ignorance.ZMAPP was only an experimental drug that was only available in very limited quantity. Besides , do you think the US owe us considering how much we have made from the US over Six decades , from sales of our crude oil? I think we black people just need to grow up!
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
dasparrow:

Until Nigeria is 100% ebola free, we are NOT helping anybody! We must first remove the speck of wood in our eyes before trying to remove the log of wood in another man's eye. You cannot expect us to clean another man's house when our house needs cleaning as well. Go to Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea and go and help them there and make sure you remain there after you are done and don't come back to put the Nigerian public at risk of the deadly virus again, okay?
you just sounded unreasonable!
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by sexzskil(f): 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
USA- THE ULTIMATE SYMBOL OF MANKIND
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Octaves(m): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Doesn't Naija govt Know that they should help without being told. Shey e no want to b called giant of Africa again. Whether US helps or not, Naija suppose carry am for head. That's what regional powers do. We can send money, food, and relief materials to assist not human beings and still close our borders. We have to get involved in regional and African affairs to stay relevant.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by KiKatanga: 3:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
dasparrow:

You only help your neighbors after you have solved your own problem first. A blind man cannot lead another blind man. Nigeria is battling with the virus too. Until Nigeria is ebola free, we are not going to take any risk in the name of helping our neighbors. You are a Nigerian aren't you? So get yourself to the affected West African countries and help them. Just make sure you don't pull a Patrick Sawyer stunt and bring your Ebola-exposed self back to Nigeria to endanger the health of the Nigerian public.

No, you're being utterly idiotic.

Did Ebola start in Nigeria? No.
If you solve the handful of cases that have come to Nigeria will you prevent anymore from coming? No.
Does closing borders do anything to prevent the poor from crossing in (especially if they are running from an outbreak)? No.

In short. Nothing you do in Nigeria will prevent infected people bringing the disease.
The only way to prevent the disease coming to Nigeria is to eradicate it in Liberia and everywhere else.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by phreakabit(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
dasparrow:

Give that guy 2 bottles!
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by JiggamanGh: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2014

True talk

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by lanre2009: 4:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sabadon: u mean with our pesticide

You can say that again........ grin grin grin grin
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by otswag(m): 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
the only thing we can help them with Is ewedu
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by JACKOFALTRADE: 4:13pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think we should help them. . .
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by deeobserver209(m): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
I think the US is right. It's high time Nigeria help her sisters. Besides all of them are west African countries so it's only natural for Nigeria to help. Afterall leadership comes with responsibilities. I wouldn't mind volunteering myself to help these countries. Infact I would like to volunteer myself for the task.
Any one reading this from the federal ministry of health should pm me for this service.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by KiKatanga: 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
JACKOFALTRADE: I think we should help them. . .

Nah don't bother -- then when Benin starts to struggle, see how long it takes for Nigeria to be at the eye of the epidemic.
Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Arsenate(m): 4:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
dasparrow:
You don't expect Nigeria to develop when she has mentally unstable citizens like you who log into Nairaland each day to talk trash about Nigeria and her people. We all know your Nigerian parent is primitive but just because your Nigerian parent is primitive does not make all Nigerians primitive. If you care so much about helping other West African countries fight ebola, then get off your lazy behind and go and assist them. It is very easy for you to sit behind your computer screen in a small dingy poorly lite basement apartment typing rubbish and criticizing when you do absolutely nothing to help the situation at hand. Please take a back seat!
just quoted you to let you know you've been doing a great job on this thread.
ride oonnn

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by p4pako: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nigeria has always been a big brother; if she has the capacity to assist on the containment of EVD in Liberia, she wouldn't hasitate.

However, she doesn't have any proven drug that cures the dreaded disease as the closest she came was the creation of Nano silver that was rendered useless.

What she can provide is her technical expertise by way of advice on how to manage the disease then funding can be taken care of by WHO.

1 Like

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by Arsenate(m): 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
Octaves: Doesn't Naija govt Know that they should help without being told. Shey e no want to b called giant of Africa again. Whether US helps or not, Naija suppose carry am for head. That's what regional powers do. We can send money, food, and relief materials to assist not human beings and still close our borders. We have to get involved in regional and African affairs to stay relevant.
no. we don't want to be called the giant of Africa again. after all, most African countries are just a bunch of ingrates.
Naija first...

2 Likes

Re: US Urges Nigeria To Help Liberia, Others Tackle Ebola. by KiKatanga: 4:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
Arsenate: no. we don't want to be called the giant of Africa again. after all, most African countries are just a bunch of ingrates.
Naija first...
And this is why Africa will live and die in the dark ages whilst South America and South East Asia catch up. Africans can't even work together when it's in their own interests.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gonorrhoea Is Becoming Untreatable, WHO Warns / My Experience And My Stand With Other People View On Dr. Oji Alllwell (suicider) / Young Lady Who Survived Gas Explosion Recounts Her Ordeal (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.