Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50223 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 1:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ovaiegbe(m): 1:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Haba, is it wrong to eat overnight soup? Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot six days old.
Na your choice.

172 Likes 6 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 1:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Do you love him?
Are you marrying him because you make each other happy or just because he is available?

Is he kind? Is he considerate of you?

Is he a good decent honest man?

Are you only concerned because people will talk? Know that people always talk.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2: Do you love him?
Are you marrying him because you make each other happy or just because he is available?

Is he kind? Is he considerate of you?

Is he a good decent honest man?

Are you only concerned because people will talk? Know that people always talk.
nyz response,

10 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2014
McWhillion: Why not, my wife to be is still in junior secondary school grin
lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 05, 2014
considering the fact that women age faster than men especially after child birth, its perfectly ok to marry a man 10yrs older unless u wanna look 10yrs older in 10yrs time

67 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ruthia: nyz response,
Ruthia: nyz response,

I was thinking you had a real issue please next time let people know you are posting for the fun of it and not because you have a real challenge needing advice.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
aisha2:

I was thinking you had a real issue please next time let people know you are posting for the fun of it and not because you have a real challenge needing advice.
i meant 2 say i apprec8 ur response, i'm having d challenge dats y i asked, ur comment was wat i needed.

6 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
Abeg where is TV01 when you need him?

TV01 abeg come and answer o!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bellong: 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
If age is the only problem you have against him, then you have no problem

19 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by TV01(m): 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nashville: Abeg where is TV01 when you need him?

TV01 abeg come and answer o!

As the proud possessor of a wife who is at least ten years younger than me, I can emphatically confirm that not only is it not wrong, it's one of the wisest things a man (or woman) of understanding can do.

There are absolutely no downsides grin!

TV

**nothing much to explain, it makes sound biological sense. It lends itself to male headship if maturity and attainment is commensurate. Women age faster given childbirth. The man is likely to be more indulgent and accommodating of his wife as she matures and ages and unlikely to feel the need to prove a point or overly assert himself. The only caveat is the man should be in good physical shape and keep an eyre on trends, but I'd say that about a couple of any age differential** Loving it cool!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nothing wrong with it IMO.
If you ask me,it works perfectly.

Anyway I guess I'm different. I've rarely been attracted to guys close to my age.

18 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jaybee3(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
cococandy:
Nothing wrong with it IMO.
If you ask me,it works perfectly.

Anyway I guess I'm different. I've rarely been attracted to guys close to my age.

What exactly are you attracted to with the age difference?

Age is not an accurate measure of maturity #Just saying

I'm also fairly sure that age isn't necessarily correlated with achievements

fact of the matter is, whatever characteristics one is looking for can certainly be found in the average Joe irrespective of his age.

15 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2014
jaybee3:

It has always been a personal thing. maybe because I'm still young and boys my age are extremely annoying. Most likely when I'm 35,I won't consider a 35yr old guy to be immature.

never said it was. But most times it is.

true

fact of the matter is, whatever characteristics one is looking for can certainly be found in the average Joe irrespective of his age.

I've found older guys to be more refined. And by older I mean in comparison to me(my age)
To me a 35+ guy is an older guy. So it's all relative.
For someone else an older guy is someone in his 50s or 40s depending on her age..so you're right whatever qualities one seeks is present in guys of all ages. It just depends on the woman.

9 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by TV01(m): 4:33pm On Sep 05, 2014
...permit me wink!

jaybee3:
That requires no explanation. Everyone is allowed their preferences, and for whatever reason. Just as everyone bears the consequences - good or bad - of their choices.

jaybee3:
It may not be precise, but it is not totally unrelated.

jaybee3:
Again, not neccessarily so, but not necessarily not so.

jaybee3: fact of the matter is, whatever characteristics one is looking for can certainly be found in the average Joe irrespective of his age.
But even average Joe - and in fact, especialy average Joe - with time under his belt will probably be more advanced in terms of maturity and achievement.

m'Lady

TV

6 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jaybee3(m): 4:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Welcome back @cocosugar
Please don't make it a personal thing oooo. I'm trying to learn here so i can concentrate the flux around my magnet to +10 yrs ladies. You know how it is na......

I'm just interested in the specifics of the attraction.

PS: I'm trying to lure you into something something

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
You might wanna give you's age-ranges to get a balanced analysis.

e.g. a 30 yr old lady and 40 yr old man -95% workable
19yr old lady and 29 yr old man - 55% workable
16yr old lady and 26 yr old man -0% workable (child abuse aka pedophollia).

Older men rock though kiss

17 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Tymax(m): 5:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.

16 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by feedthenation(m): 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
This kind of relationship works well.
The difference in age is hardly every noticed.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by damiso(f): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2014
Depends on the individuals involved.There is no right or wrong perse.

The age difference between myself and hubby is about that figure but I honestly don't remember or feel its a factor in our relationship anymore.Though it helps a bit that he is quite youthy(is embarassed that even a word abeg help me with the right adjective) dresses quite trendy and generally does not carry around that 'l am older than you' vibe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion

100% supported

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
cococandy:

Yes, women prefer older men....

But it depends on boys your age you meet... maybe boys your age in your neighbourhood are certified jerks.. my cousin is 26, women his age and younger feel intimidated around him...

I for one, all the ladies I have been with recently are older, funny thing, they don't know my age, they don't bother to ask...

Another thing,most women my Age I know are too needy, talk to them today, tomorrow they start saying "I love you" and thinking marriage...

The reason why women Basically marry older men is because older men are invariably more successful especially financially...
Funny thing is, once you are established and responsible, they assume you are more matured...

Dis age thing is funny, I'd agree with the man who said it is just a number....

Women generally date/marry more successful men , more successful men are invariably older than they....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
@Cococandy:

I don't agree that all guys 25 - 29 are not ready for marriage/mature

I have some 26+ married and doing fine.

Guys are now marrying earlier once they have the means to do so.

Age has nothing to do with maturity

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
bukatyne: @Cococandy:

Agreed, I actually got married in that age range sef. And I don mature well well.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 7:35pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nashville:

Agreed, I actually got married in that age range sef. And I don mature well well.

My husband knew he wanted us to get married @ 21; It was just working towards been able to build a home.

He actually wanted to marry @ 25

It is fun when both are very young.

I was never attracted to anyone way older than me. I never did 5yrs self.

Hubby is older by 4yrs.

I am thinking; if 25 marries 35 then@40, his first kid is 4 if God does it immediately

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
10yrs my senior?
No way.

And for those saying women age more than men, I hear u.
Unless u don't wanna keep fit and come from family that looks older than their age,I don't wanna believe that.

Its just that our women stop worrying about their look when they marry and start popping out kids.

8 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
bukatyne:

100% supported

Dey there cheesy
I was once in love with a guy 12 years older, cut him loose cos he messed up sad but I loved him like tomorrow no dey embarassed . When I told my mum about him, she just went on and on about the age difference-in my mind, I was just laughing cos with the way I loved that guy, I knew she wouldn't have been able to stop me. The woman prays too much though, maybe na her prayers make the guy mess up like that sad

Anyways, buky buky, if your daughter is in love, na chill pill you go swallow tongue

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 8:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
I pray not angry

alutacontinua:

Dey there cheesy
I was once in love with a guy 12 years older, cut him loose cos he messed up sad but I loved him like tomorrow no dey embarassed . When I told my mum about him, she just went on and on about the age difference-in my mind, I was just laughing cos with the way I loved that guy, I knew she wouldn't have been able to stop me. The woman prays too much though, maybe na her prayers make the guy mess up like that sad

Anyways, buky buky, if your daughter is in love, na chill pill you go swallow tongue

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cococandy(f): 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
shocked I didn't say guys that age aren't ready for marriage.
How can I speak for them?

I was speaking for MYSELF and MY preference.
bukatyne: @Cococandy:

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
moca: 10yrs my senior?
No way.

And for those saying women age more than men, I hear u.
Unless u don't wanna keep fit and come from family that looks older than their age,I don't wanna believe that.

Its just that our women stop worrying about their look when they marry and start popping out kids.

Or when the women are the ones doing everything Efemena's style
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
bukatyne: I pray not angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.