Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,260 members, 7,811,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50230 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
Marrying at young age is so cute and a wonderful thing. That period you are accelerating. By the time you hit 40, you are on cruise control. All has taken shape. At least first issue is in the college and doing fine. You grow along side your kids...that is my pattern!!!
bukatyne:

My husband knew he wanted us to get married @ 21; It was just working towards been able to build a home.

He actually wanted to marry @ 25

It is fun when both are very young.

I was never attracted to anyone way older than me. I never did 5yrs self.

Hubby is older by 4yrs.

I am thinking; if 25 marries 35 then@40, his first kid is 4 if God does it immediately
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ogawisdom(m): 2:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
It is recommended n Ideal but on d flip side u must b sure u love him n both of u r compatible. It ll b a no no if it were to b d woman dt is older (my personal sentiment though). Women generally age faster than men, sometimes a 35yrs old woman may look like d mother of her 45yrs old husband esp if she is fat which is most likely in naija after child birth. I desire to b at least 8yrs older than my wife other things being equal, wen it comes to women d younger d better n wen it comes to men d older d better (no settle for grandpa ooo). I ll only b a bit concerned if it is up to 20yrs gap cheesy wink I no b senator yerima nw tongue grin

For ur info God neva spoke abt age in married he only spoke abt man and woman which means any two individuals who r adults 18yrs plus can decide to get married irrespective of their age gap n it is alright.
Peace ppl
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mightycrown1(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
NA WA O. SO WHAT ABOUT 20 YEARS OLDER, IF 10 YEARS OLDER CAN STILL WORK?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by OmoAlata1(f): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Most women who have daddy issue usually married older man. You rarely see a lady who has excellent relationship with her daddy married to one old man.

If you have daddy issues work on yourself first instead of thinking one grandpa is going to fill a void your daddy couldn't fill.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by abrahamolusoji: 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
McWhillion: Why not, my wife to be is still in junior secondary school grin
Hmm! Thought we've had enough of sen. Yerima...
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by redsun(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
If he got money,rationality,zest for life and no pot belly,it just as good as marrying your age mate. Age is just numbers.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok..dunno if its bad or good but I naturally don't like it when there is lotta distance in our age difference...he should be 5years older atmost

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by andyanders: 2:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.

Nothing wrong with that. You can marry your age mate and he will mess you up and also as a lady, you will grow older than him with time.

There must be some kind of age difference. 10 yrs is not too much so far he respects you and see you as his best friend, partner and wife.

Go ahead in as much as you guys are in luv.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jeje123(m): 2:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
If i dont tell u my real age u may be thinking we are age mate but obviously d difference is clear. Just pray for ur right man to come @ right time.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by emmykk(m): 2:18pm On Sep 08, 2014
Is very good for a woman to marry a man old than him by 10 years because of the following reason.

1.you as the woman will always look young in the eyes of your man and he will naturally love or likes you because of that age difference.because if he is a flirt he the kind of women he will be flirt with wil be ur age and he got you already.

2.when ladies give birth,they grow old,but ur age difference of 10 can still make you look young and attractive to him.

3.at that age different he tolerate what younger men will not.just like big brother.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Liamm(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.
Most sagacious contribution so far.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Sammyblaq(m): 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
i dont see any wrong cos me i'l be marring one am older than. But 10yrs...make i think am.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Toks2008(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
If i have a teenage daughter,i would advice her to go for a man after her heart but will also make her understand that it makes sense to date a guy that is at least 7 years older than her due to the prevailing situation of the economy.

An average guy leaves college around 22years and then goes for service and starts job hunting.

If he is fortunate he may get a job immediately but we all know how difficult it is for the majority and many look for jobs for a couple of years making it hard for guys to really get ready for marriage fast so if at 20 she starts an affair with a guy of 22yrs and by the time the guy is still 30,he is still probably struggling and the lady will be 28 and of curse no more time.

At the end,the guy ,may likely dump her for a younger chic.

So i think it is far better if you allow age gap of not less than 7years if you area young lady just coming up.

If you are advanced as a lady than age does not count here. Whether you find a guy older than you or younger,love is all that counts.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by funshyboi(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2: Do you love him?
Are you marrying him because you make each other happy or just because he is available?

Is he kind? Is he considerate of you?

Is he a good decent honest man?

Are you only concerned because people will talk? Know that people always talk.
you gat me with this statement "Know that people always talk" no matter what they will always talk,so not minding them is good?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
My Dad Is 11yrz Older Than Ma Mum So I See Nafin Wrong With It Though I Can't Try That In The Nearest Future. Lol
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by iamchuby(f): 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
moca: 10yrs my senior?
No way.

And for those saying women age more than men, I hear u.
Unless u don't wanna keep fit and come from family that looks older than their age,I don't wanna believe that.

Its just that our women stop worrying about their look when they marry and start popping out kids.
Abeg make i hear word. My Dad is 10yrs my mum's senior. My hubby is 9yrs my senior. Ƴ۵џ need to this †ђ3 relationship btw us. It depends on †ђ3 individuals involved. Age is just a number and 10yrs isn't bad, infact its perfect!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by assana: 2:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
grin U r just a clown
Ruthia: lol
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by poiZon: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
cococandy:
Nothing wrong with it IMO.
If you ask me,it works perfectly.

Anyway I guess I'm different. I've rarely been attracted to guys close to my age.

chai.............

i GIVE UP!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Toks2008(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
emmykk: Is very good for a woman to marry a man old than him by 10 years because of the following reason.

1.you as the woman will always look young in the eyes of your man and he will naturally love or likes you because of that age difference.because[b] if he is a flirt he the kind of women he will be flirt with wil be ur age and he got you already.[/b]

2.when ladies give birth,they grow old,but ur age difference of 10 can still make you look young and attractive to him.

3.at that age different he tolerate what younger men will not.just like big brother.

Oh my GOD.You just nailed it.

So spot on.

I am about 40 now but i met my ex when she was 19 and i was 27 and just as you wrote,i never saw her like a wife par se but one spoilt mummy's girl because of the age gap and even up till this moment, despite her "madness" at 32 i still kinda feel she is only been childish but i guess i will never take same shit from a 38 or 36year old lady.

And concerning the bold part,i guess this is why i never cheated on her for all the time we were together because i always saw her as a baby that is not even up to te age of ladies i would cheat with if i ever want to so why the stress when i have someone younger and fresher?
You are so right.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by bjdon: 2:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
TV01:

As the proud possessor of a wife who is at least ten years younger than me, I can emphatically confirm that not only is it not wrong, it's one of the wisest things a man (or woman) of understanding can do.

There are absolutely no downsides grin!

TV

**nothing much to explain, it makes sound biological sense. It lends itself to male headship if maturity and attainment is commensurate. Women age faster given childbirth. The man is likely to be more indulgent and accommodating of his wife as she matures and ages and unlikely to feel the need to prove a point or overly assert himself. The only caveat is the man should be in good physical shape and keep an eyre on trends, but I'd say that about a couple of any age differential** Loving it cool!

I am in the same boat and I agree 100%. She keeps me young and I keep her wise. For me it's a match made in heaven!

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Pennywise(m): 2:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
Op must be less than 20yrs old. If she is 28 and unmarried, she wont think twice abt jumping in with a 44yr old man

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by sisiafrika(f): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
alutacontinua: You might wanna give you's age-ranges to get a balanced analysis.

e.g. a 30 yr old lady and 40 yr old man -95% workable
19yr old lady and 29 yr old man - 55% workable
16yr old lady and 26 yr old man -0% workable (child abuse aka pedophollia).

Older men rock though kiss
who perform gender reaasignment on u
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Wisdytech(m): 3:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
it is ok by it, the reverse side is very very dangerous marring a woman that is older than you in 10years. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by free2ryhme: 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: nyz response,

The topic on ground is beyond your age go play suwe with your mate
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by fyneboi79(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.
Of course!Marry him if he is rich.But pls don't ever consider marrying a struggling man at that age difference grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by kilokeys(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
hmm when i was a child i thought like a child..
but at 27 (single and trying to make enough money ).. i realise a truth most pple are blind to..

no finance no romance, no funds no fun.

an older guy is relatively stable, he is done with dating, wanna build a family.

and as a proud Ibo boy.. i wouldn't split bills with my woman. so ill go for my size. my capacity.

if u no get d coco why u dey find chics like cococandy?.
if u can take care of stilettos go for stilettos.. if na dunlop ur money reach.. go for it.
dont whine and say girl like money.. bros even in the bible the garden was ready before Eve arrived.

note: just make sure say those other boys no give ur woman apple chop o... make sure u dey fire wella.. she no go reason other pple apple.

3 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
princeonx:
You're having a challenge on who to marry and you think its strangers online/www/NL that will advise you right?
IMO, any man or woman that need advise about who to marry is not old enough to get marry! 10yrs apart or 50yrs apart!
lol...

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
The older the better.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
OmoAlata1: I am more shocked about all these men stating "women age faster especially after childbirth" abeg stop that rubbish.

If a woman takes good care of herself (exercise, eat healthy and emotionally sound) childbirth will not age her. I have carried two pregnancies and I look better than most women who have not given birth. I take good care of my body. Everyone I have met do not believe I have children.
R u sure its nt ur gene in action?it probably runs in ur family.hw mny pple hv time 4 al u mentiond,even hosue wivies no fit talk less of carear women
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Ruthia(f): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
free2ryhme:

The topic on ground is beyond your age go play suwe with your mate
lol.. Dis s my forum o, no pursue me

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by napaj: 3:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
i collected 11 years from my wife, so what is d big deal
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Age difference when it comes to whom to marry palpably varies. I'm 27 and have had issues with my exes because (i believe) the age bracket isn't enough to demand a little courtesy in expressing their points, in other words, they know better. "I want to marry a man that is about 10 years older than me, so if an issue arises to disrespect him, i would at least consider the age", says Golda (a friend of mine who just got marrried).
No matter what we say, there is wisdom is Age bracket. Abraham and Sarah (10 years gap) etc
[b][/b]

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / A Dark Woman And Her Baby Bump In Bikini (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.