Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,022 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50226 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.
Are u light skinned Until u answer, I won't commentcheesy
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 4:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
The age difference bw I nd my hubby is within dat figure ...I tell u, its d bomb...

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by free2ryhme: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: lol.. Dis s my forum o, no pursue me

Dem bury your placenta here
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
If I were a lady, I wouldn't marry a man 10 yrs older than me

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by onojemmayahoo: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.
Hi Ruthia,
It is okay for a lady to marry a man older than her by 10years.Infact,its better,marrying a guy/lady close to your age have a high propensity for disrespect.
Am talking out of practical experience.My advice is don't marry sb who you share close age bracket with.Its even worst if the lady is older.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ruggedlaw(m): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
I am 43 and my wife is 29, we got married 4yrs ago and I can assure you we are having the greatest time of our lives. In the course of this journey, I have realised that there is no way my wife could have stayed married up till this moment if she were married to someone in her age bracket or a little above. some ladies, by their natural inclination and propensity, CAN only marry a man far older than they. Don't ask me why, maybe they are more patient and understanding.

4 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Mariopgomery(m): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
jennykadry:

I agree. They are more experienced in certain areas of life...Bedimatics and just generally experienced. They sometimes talk out of experience and not just from guess work. Till date I still believe that men in their early twenties are not psychologically ready to handle marriage. A woman can be at any age but men I think are very slow in that area. It's my personal opinion. I never dated any uni boy. I had my eyes set on men in the corporate world grin

what a terrible thing to say.. Women always think of themselves mature than men but 90% of women i'v seen are so immature, they say the craziest most unrealistic things. And they freakout when faced with tough situations so i wonder where all the mature ones are.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jamesbridget13(f): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2014
My fiance is 8yrs older than i. I knw its not up to ur 10yrs but just wanna let u knw dat its isn't an issue

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol! Abeg don't start jor. cheesy

Babes, we're talking quality over quantity.

Older men know just how to 'handle' their partners and push the right buttons. It takes real expertise for a man to hold off, whilst gradually coaxing, teasing, and bringing his partner with him to the heavens...without 'letting go'. They know just how to take their time and do it 'slowly'.

Most younger dudes are just too into themselves & vain to realise that it's not just about them or what they want. I'm even remembering Jenny's comments about a young, fit, athletic dude with a killer body to die for - who was rushed into her A&E department for cutting his hands or something...but was most concerned about not being able to go to the gym because of his 'injury'. grin grin grin

Jenny, abeg come finish your story cheesy cheesy

You are preaching to the masses. I agree. Se.x does get better with age. Quantity takes the back stage and quality takes centre stage.

Coogar asked a very legit question that also got me thinking. For those concerned about their children's age when they turn 50, What if you marry your age mate and the woman is unable to conceive for YEARS what happens? Do you divorce him/her or continue hoping?

A well Known Anglican priest who got married quite early is yet to become a father and this man I am definitely sure he is either in his late 40's or early 50's and I am guessing early 50's cos he was in his 40's as at 2008

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mariopgomery:

what a terrible thing to say.. Women always think of themselves mature than men but 90% of women i'v seen are so immature, they say the craziest most unrealistic things. And they freakout when faced with tough situations so i wonder where all the mature ones are.

My post is from experience.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by jamesbridget13(f): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
CFCfan: If I were a lady, I wouldn't marry a man 10 yrs older than me
thank God u aren't. Be ready then to marry same age as u
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by boleswagg: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2014
Very good cos hes gonna understand me well and treat me like his little baby!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by haibe(m): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
rozzay: Absolutely nofin wrong dear, different strokes for diff folks. As for me 8-15 yrs it is, anything younga is not for me

So if Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you today, you will bounce hum telling him he is too young? Let's not deceive ourselves, the reason most ladies prefer older guys is because they are usually financially stable, of course since that's what they like, what do you expect?

I doubt any lady will go for a poor man with 10 years difference, she would prefer a younger guy in this case. Money makes the difference.

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mecussey(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Odilafta: Personally,I dig older guys lets say from 4 to 10 years older...For a person of my kind,I wouldn't tolerate my age mate because I know the kinda shows "they" run at the supposed age...

The thing is,I like someone with experience,someone I can learn from (I'm not saying there's ntin to learn from my mates but I want more) and not the regular "xkuagtdagmtjpa" we see these days.

Obudinani na idi after...but idikwa seriousu
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by mecussey(m): 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
Odilafta: Personally,I dig older guys lets say from 4 to 10 years older...For a person of my kind,I wouldn't tolerate my age mate because I know the kinda shows "they" run at the supposed age...

The thing is,I like someone with experience,someone I can learn from (I'm not saying there's ntin to learn from my mates but I want more) and not the regular "xkuagtdagmtjpa" we see these days.

Obudinani na idi after...but idikwa seriousu.

You represent my babe
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by muhammad4islam: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
In my opinion age is just number, it just depends on individuals that are involve. Maturity is from the state of mind and upbringing. It just depend on the understanding and compatibility of the couple involved. It is okay for a man to be older than his wife with a wide margin, because
1. women tend to be older and matured on time
2. ladies can be very pompous
3. they need affection and attention
4. they prefer matured guys
But age does not matter at all, whether the lady is older or vice versa. what really matter is the Love they shared.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by InvertedHammer: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
/
10years? That's a perfect match.

Recently, we have been seeing 30+ age difference sef.

At the end of the day, it is not what the society thinks that matter.

The woman will be the one to live the life.

And that life is yours and yours only my dear

\
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
haibe:

So if Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you today, you will bounce hum telling him he is too old? Let's not deceive ourselves, the reason most ladies prefer older guys is because they are usually financially stable, of course since that's what they like, what do you expect?

I doubt any lady will go for a poor man with 10 years difference, she would prefer a younger guy in this case. Money makes the difference.
Thanks for ur comment but speak for urself am not money driven as I know wat I want. Which is maturity amongst oda thins which I bliv I can get from this age range, I personally do not like my age mates weda rich or young nd am not luking for a millionaire to marry just a normal working class responsible nd respectable guy 8-15 yrs my cnior is perfect for me. Thank u

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
bukatyne:

Or when the women are the ones doing everything Efemena's style
and what's DAT supposed to mean?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Olusanya333(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
Its good for a Lady but bad for a man to do so
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by tintingz(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
a lady marrying a man 10 years older than her is a good match, nothing bad in that.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by spanzed(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
rozzay:
Thanks for ur comment but speak for urself am not money driven as I know wat I want. Which is maturity amongst oda thins which I bliv I can get from this age range, I personally do not like my age mates weda rich or young nd am not luking for a millionaire to marry just a normal working class responsible nd respectable guy 8-15 yrs my cnior is perfect for me. Thank u
Wagbayi RoZzy...speaking fact since 1800bc
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by haibe(m): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
rozzay:

lol I don't expect you to say something different. But let's talk. If Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you, will you accept his proposal?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by haibe(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
spanzed: Wagbayi RoZzy...speaking fact since 1800bc
lol there is nothing factual about what she said. She has a myopic view of younger guys, you can't tell me someone like Mark Zuckerberg isn't matured for example, someone who handles challenges everyday. I bet men as old as 60 would probably have given up. It's all in the head, age doesn't depict maturity.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Mariopgomery(m): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
jennykadry:

My post is from experience.

mine too.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Mariopgomery(m): 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
muhammad4islam: In my opinion each is just number, it just depends on individuals that are involve. Maturity is from the state of mind and upbringing. It just depend on the understanding and compatibility of the couple involved. It is okay for a man to be older than his wife with a wide margin, because
1. women tend to be older and matured on time
2. ladies can be very pompous
3. the need affection and attention
4. they prefer matured guys

actually thought you had something sensible to say at the beginning of your post.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
haibe:

lol I don't expect you to say something different. But let's talk. If Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you, will you accept his proposal?
My dear u nd I know its not happening so I woudnt waste my time answering

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
spanzed: Wagbayi RoZzy...speaking fact since 1800bc
Thanks dear
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by haibe(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
rozzay:
My dear u nd I know its not happening so I woudnt waste my time answering

okay. But one thing I definitely know is that you will accept his proposal and that is because he is rich, nothing more. .lol.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by spanzed(m): 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
haibe:
lol there is nothing factual about what she said. She has a myopic view of younger guys, you can't tell me someone like Mark Zuckerberg isn't matured for example, someone who handles challenges everyday. I bet men as old as 60 would probably have given up. It's all in the head, age doesn't depict maturity.
Love isn't money and money isn't love....
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
haibe:

So if Mark Zuckerberg proposes to you today, you will bounce hum telling him he is too young? Let's not deceive ourselves, the reason most ladies prefer older guys is because they are usually financially stable, of course since that's what they like, what do you expect?

You've got a valid point there. In Naija, it's usually the guys in their mid-30s and above that are financially stable. However, the likes of Davido and Wizkid are exceptions.
Davido was once dating Tonto, who is about 8 yrs older than him.

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mariopgomery:

mine too.

....good, so state your opinion without calling mine terrible.

Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.