Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

To Marry A Man 10years Older - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Marry A Man 10years Older (50229 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / Older Man Caught In A Hotel With A Secondary School Girl (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by extremelygolden: 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Love between you two is all that matters.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by gannod(m): 12:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
No problem as long as U both love each other truthfully. I m older than my lovely wife with 8 good years but you could hardly notice.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by UjSizzle(f): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
10yrs' a bit too much...even for someone attracted to older men embarassed But then I wasn't even thinking about his age sef.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ndidibabe(f): 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
bukatyne:

It is called preference.

If God made an older man for me, the first thing He would have done is change who I am to fancy an older man. Asking me to marry an older man with my current mindset is martial sucide

I do not know God's plan for my kid and I am willing to accept in the end. But naturally, hell no!

A 30 yr old that comes to look for my 18yr old wants to be castrated.

I also know that age difference has nothing to do with martial success.

I just like them young grin

P.S.: If I married at 25 to a 37yr olf man (12yrs) our kid will be 2yrs when he ll be 40. The older the diff, imagine the age of hubby. @50, he will be going to PTA meeting in primary&jnr secondary when his mates are celebrating their children's matric/convocation.

If a man is to marry young and maintain such difference, them we are talking pedo.
This logic of yours shows how unintelligent you are! A 50 year old man can have a child who is a graduate and another in a secondary School . I guess you are still growing and you probably do not understand how these things work...

6 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EMMABC1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.
You'd better say yes to that man now b4 it's too late. Don't u know u women don't 've options these days unlike in d 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's. My dad who married in d early 70's is 16yrs older than my pretty mum and they adore each other. He is 76 while my mum is 60. So, nothing is absolutely wrong abt dat.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
Haven't you seen 15 years older and happly married?

1 Like

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Suarezilla(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
It is not wrong..What matters is understanding between the both people. Most men thses days in Nigeria wud hadly marry a woman whom they aren't atleast 5yrs older. For me how well you understand urslves is what matters. And NO it is not wrong!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EmoBoy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
kilokeys: female - 14, male -24 ( gross misconduct )
female - 25 male -35 ( perfect)
personally its d wisest decision. u can't have two pple displaying madness at the same time..
scenario of same age couples:
1. laying in bed pinging friends at d same time
2. entertaining fellow agemates as friends (sounds like aa hostel )
3. stupid arguments on which singer is better, wizkid or davido...
and many more rubbish
scenario of a ten-year gap
1. He overlooks her childishness (if she is)
2. She wouldn't wanna displease him (respect)
3. He has better things doing than pinging and lolling and lwkmdying at d dead of d night.
4. they argue less and debate more ( facts are proven in debates)
5. there is something romantic abt seeing a Man older than u trying to flirt and tease and please u when he needs some hmmm. (na babes tell me o)
6. He is most likely more financially stable
7. She is likely to be in her most fertile stage in life.
most importantly.. ill like my lady calling me, daddy.
esp. during the hot sessions.
na with sleep eye i write this post o... views fit xhange when my eye don clear.

You aptly gave a well thought out answer. Women will always go for older women and men will always go you younger women.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by JuanDeDios: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
TV01: ...permit me wink!
Again, not neccessarily so, but not necessarily not so.
TV
Lol. I'm stealing this phrase.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by saaedlee: 12:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ruthia: Is it wrong for a lady to marry a man 10 years older than her? If yes or no please explain.

Let's put it this way; as a mother would u allow your daughter get married to a man 10 years older than her? If you can sincerely answer that, well same applies fo you?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Laredojohn(m): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
10years that's a whole lot of gap..many say maturity etc..but d fact there is a gal of 20 marrying a 30years old guy...looks more like unusual, the gals who do not mind abt this are mostly those who didn't marry early say the 35yrs gal and above a normal young gal say 25, 5years gap is still ok..d 10yrs for gals below 30 I don't support, for gals 35yrs above still ok because guys of their peers will rrather go for 28 to 30yrs gals..just my opinion...
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by fuckyouhard: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2014
marryin a young or an old man is not the problem. can he fork well?? young girls like that! undecided
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by plus1000: 12:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
I AM OLDER THAN MY WIFE WITH 11 (ELEVEN) SOLID YEARS AND WE HAVE 2 KIDS WITH LOVE OVERFLOWING...

2 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by anthoniaz(f): 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2014
To me, there's nothing wrong with being with someone who is 10yrs older than you. What you should consider is if the two of you are compatible, if you love each other and understand each other.My fiancé is 9yrs older than I winkThe age difference has nothing to do with your happiness in the relationship or marriage.There are ups and downs in every relationship or marriage and it's not caused by age difference but because of the personalities involved smiley
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by eunisam: 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.

meaning you will marry you daughter.

rething........
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by temmywayne005(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
ewwwwww.....10 years is too much nah.......kini? undecided
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Eberex(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
bukatyne:

I don't think thr older here is like 4yrs, 5yrs etc.

If I remember correctly,people with 5yrs difference are regarded as age mates

You are right there! Women of the same age with guys are more matured and exposed hence they would not match. 5years older than a girl still makes you less matured and experienced as well, only in rare cases of course. No wonder women likes ending up with me who are more older than them.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Anacksunamun: 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
njokusboy:

Yes, women prefer older men....

But it depends on boys your age you meet... maybe boys your age in your neighbourhood are certified jerks.. my cousin is 26, women his age and younger feel intimidated around him...

I for one, all the ladies I have been with recently are older, funny thing, they don't know my age, they don't bother to ask...

Another thing,most women my Age I know are too needy, talk to them today, tomorrow they start saying "I love you" and thinking marriage...

The reason why women Basically marry older men is because older men are invariably more successful especially financially...
Funny thing is, once you are established and responsible, they assume you are more matured...

Dis age thing is funny, I'd agree with the man who said it is just a number....

Women generally date/marry more successful men , more successful men are invariably older than they....

True words have never been said. This is the end of the whole matter.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Eberex(m): 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
UjSizzle: 10yrs' a bit too much...even for someone attracted to older men embarassed But then I wasn't even thinking about his age sef.

Yeaah!! tell that to Bianca!
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
By my calculation, d person in question is 32 while ur 22. I fink it a ripe age 4 both of u, but there more important factor 2 put into consideration other than age difference. One of such factors is wether he is gainfully employed, can he take care of u n ur nids?. Others, could be spiritual, emotional etc
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by EmoBoy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Tymax: Honestly, I think 10 years is quite a stretch. The lady in this kind of relationship/marriage is easily manipulated because age difference is a big deal in this part of the world.

For ladies who cannot accept leadership from their peers, this is often the preferred choice. But if you want a husband who shares some memories associated with growing up in your "era"; someone with whom your friends are at ease; someone who would share a joke that takes you down memory lane and doesn't leave you lost in the humour; then by all means go with a man who is (loosely) your peer.

I would not allow my daughter marry someone older who is at least 10 years her senior.

Just my opinion.

If your daughter is 40, will you allow her to marry a man who is 50?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Orikinla(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
I advise older men not to marry younger women, but the younger women were angry and swearing that why should I discourage the older men who love them.
90% of younger women in Nigeria are dating and marrying men who are even 15 years older than them. And I am one of such older men without apologies or regrets.

My buddy's wife is 30 years younger than him and she forced him to marry her and he deflowered her at 18. I believe it is destiny, because she is an ebony beauty who is tall, academically brilliant, intelligent and a champion athlete and from a comfortable family. He thought it was infatuation when they met, but she continued confessing and professing her love to him for over 12 months before he was fully convinced. She was even sending him recharge cards to call her when he was ignoring her.

There are many similar cases and the most popular case in Nigeria is the marriage between Queen of Nollywood, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde who married her husband pilot Capt. Matthews when she was only 16.

Personally, it is only the fear of God that keeps me faithful to my own woman, because of the daily temptations of younger women who want to have relationships. My own case is making me uncomfortable, because I wonder why younger women who are even as young as 16 flash me and want to go out with me, Uncle Orikinla.
I was 43 when I met one of my sweetest ex-girlfriends when she was sweet 18 and the night we spent together in Calabar is still one of my most unforgettable nights of love. Even Sharon Stone's "Basic Instinct" cannot be compared to it. And before her, there was Becky who was 13 years younger.

In conclusion, love is where you find happiness.
And romance is nothing more than the pursuit of happiness. So, if a much older man is the man who can make you happy and secure for life, please let it be.

Lest we forget, most of the men of God in the Holy Bible were over 10 years older than their wives and God blessed them.

Our elders say marrying a woman of the same age group with you is not good, because women age faster than men and when they get to menopause, with baggy eyes and flat breasts, you will no longer see them as sexually attractive and you will begin to stray in lust for younger women.

5 Likes

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by dollydolly(f): 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2014
@Adaobi123 I can sight u viewing. What's up? Where have you been all these while?
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Eberex(m): 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
I wish Seun would re-design this website so people would know who is clicking the like buttons. Cos I'm really liking a lot of comments here cheesy
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by ManTJ1(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2014

Do u know what u want?

Must people decide for u abt ur kind of man age wise?

Did u involve God from the beginning or have u asked God?

Are u a follow follow......

YOU ARE NOT REAL
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
lofty900: considering the fact that women age faster than men especially after child birth, its perfectly ok to marry a man 10yrs older unless u wanna look 10yrs older in 10yrs time
lol
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by piagetskinner(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2014
Women generally date/marry more successful men , more successful men are invariably older than they....
[/quote]
lol...even when such men are younger in age than they are
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Orikinla(m): 1:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
EmoBoy:

If your daughter is 40, will you allow her to marry a man who is 50?
A woman of 40 is even too old for a young man of 50. grin
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ovaiegbe:
Haba, is it wrong to eat overnight soup? Some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in a pot six days old.
Na your choice.
Nice rhymes
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by viccassi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014

Just my opinion.

Well, I am 44 now and married my wife who was 26 while I was 36. There is no difference except only when I remember the age difference. Normally, one thing leads to another and people do not readily carry their age on their foreheads

Moreover, parents don't have absolute control whenever it comes to relationship of their children. All we pray for is for them to be happy in what they chose to do.
Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by amnestylaw1(m): 1:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
I once read about a gender-neutral rule about age limit when it comes to marriage: the lower age limit for dating is - half one's age plus seven years[size=8pt]. OP, if he doesn't smoke, does not have wrinkles that is associated with aging, age spots, and erectile dysfunction, carry on jare.

Re: To Marry A Man 10years Older by Haykay80(m): 1:10pm On Sep 08, 2014
Age difference is not a barrier, I am 10yrs Older than my wife and we are happily married wit kids, its a matter of choice and means to take up responsibilities. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Am Growing Fond Of My Neighbors Husband / Jobless Graduate Welcomes A Set Of Triplets. Photos / Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.