Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80236 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2014
^^^

When ignorance reaches a level in some folks, the best response is to just "siddon look", Bola Ige style.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 1:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
trustman:
Mbaemeka you trying to shift the focus from my position with you. That is deceitful to say the least. DO NOT place on me things I have not said. Ok? 
If need be paste my quote to be sure it's from me. Ok?
You are answering a number of people at the same time and maybe you're getting confused as to who said what. 
My position is clear:
You said Jesus had SINFUL FLESH but I've used scripture to show that that is impossible. He had flesh, yes but a sinful one, NO. He had no flesh of sin. Unlike our body (every other single human being) Adam's sin was not imputed to him. Therefore he was free of sin spirit, soul and body. 
Let me restate it again Jesus' body (I.e. His FLESH) was not a sinful flesh like you claim. He had no sin nature derived from Adam that would have tainted his flesh. 
I also stated that by the time he started his ministry Jesus was fully prepared for it. In other words he was SPIRITUALLY MATURED. The implications of this should be clear to anyone. 
DO NOT try to redefine the word SINFUL. Sinful is sinful. Sinful means has sin in one form or the other. Trying to say sinful means "susceptible to sin" is an attempt to TWIST the meaning of the word to conform to your changed position perhaps. 
When I mentioned integrity and you deridedly  labeled me Mr. Integrity it again showed you for who you are. Instead of owning up to your wrong you are attempting to change the meaning of words. That is lack of integrity. That is deceit. That is falsehood. 
I am not saying Jesus didn't have flesh. He did. BUT I'm saying that unlike your position it was not a SINFUL FLESH. If it were it would not be an offering acceptable to God because it was God (not the devil as some WoF preachers claim) who required to be propitiated. And God required a PERFECT sacrifice which in the case of man's sin-bearer had to be sin-free. The major issue with man was SIN. If it is to be resolved why would anything with sin be the thing to resolve sin? Simple reasoning isn't it?
Your trying to overemphasize blood over other parts of the body was again why I showed you from scripture that the flesh was equally stressed in scripture as part of the salvation work to the extent that the HOlY COMMUNION (The Lord's Supper, Eucharist, etc) the highest extant ritual(observance) in Christendom refers to the BODY of Jesus Christ. So to belittle the body is not a small matter before God. 

My "trying to overemphasize the blood over other parts of his body"? This is me defending healing as part of Jesus' salvation for mankind. Hahahahaha.

I am changing position? Can you pick one point that I have made all through that has changed?

Can you show us how you came about your own definition of sinful flesh as used by Paul in Romans 8:3? Because I have shown you other translations to buttress my points and you have shown me none except to repeat the consensus that Jesus presented his flesh unblemished even though our definitions of the word unblemished as used in the bible is different. I have maintained that Jesus' unblemished body meant that he did not sin even though he had the same flesh that other men had that caused them to sin but you have claimed that he had another flesh. Please prove it from scripture. That's all I have asked.

As per Jesus being fully mature or what not I don't know what that has to do with him exercising his faith for greater miracles that he said the Holy Spirit will show him or how that shows that men who have the Holy Spirit cannot do same. If you have relevant scriptures to that effect please show me for I have studied the life of Jesus from the bible and I have seen no such thing.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
BabaGnoni:

GBAM, SMH

Mr Vooks, I can see you are back to one of your handles. Please don't get carried away by what you want to believe. This was my reasoning when I made the statement:

The lamb in the OT was not supposed to have any spot on it's physical body neither was it supposed to have any physical dents, defects or injuries before it was slain on the alter. This was supposed to be a shadow of Jesus body that would be without sin that is, that he would not commit any sin and not that he would have a heavenly flesh like the nonsense some people on this thread have said.

So why am I certain of my position? For some biblical reasons of which one is that if Jesus was to come with a flesh different from ours, then he could not represent us because the Messiah was to come in the same flesh with the people he was to represent. Another reason he had to come with our flesh is that all the sins of men had to be imputed on his flesh and if he had a "sin-resistant" flesh then his flesh would have resisted our sins. The third reason he had to have our flesh (the same flesh with humans) is because he had to be susceptible to sin like us or else the testing and trying that satan subjected him to would have been fake or false. Why? Because if it was impossible for him to fall to sin (by virtue of a different flesh from ours) then it was not him who rejected sin but his flesh and as such we cannot guarantee that he wouldn't have failed had he be born in the same flesh as say Adam. The fourth reason Jesus needed our flesh was so that after imputing all our sins on himself he would be able to die and as such end the strength of that fleshes susceptibility to sin after which he would resurrect to the new flesh that we are to have at his appearing.

So if you wanted to SYH for an illogical or unscriptural fact you should really do that for those who say Jesus had a heavenly flesh and yet that heavenly flesh was killed by earthly men and weapons. Or a heavenly flesh that could get wounded or a heavenly flesh that God could impute sin on.

I cringe to see Christians say this because there is no positron of truth in them. None whatsoever.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
confused.com^

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

What an incorrigible student of the bible you are!

How do you even compare the literal scar on the body of Jesus to the figurative blemish on the lamb?

lamb was used as a shadow of Jesus that is to come.

A lamb without blemish as used in the old testament represented Jesus without sin and not Jesus without bruise or scar.

My brother, go and read your Heb 2:18 and Heb 4:15 properly. The context at which Jesus was tempted was the cause of suffering to Him and not a drawing away to sin.

Peter to his fellow countrymen said this- Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?- Does this statement stop God from being who He is?

Israel constantly tempted and tried God with evil.

I Corinthians 10:9

"Neither let us tempt (test) Christ, as some of them also tempted, (tested) and were destroyed of serpents."

I hope you get to understand Jesus being tested does not make Him less of a divine being. The case of temptation of Christ or God came from without and never within due to uncontrolled appetite or evil passions as a result of the sinful nature.

Digest carefully.

Jesus had earlier said only God is good, He applied this word when he said

Matthew 20
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

God does not expect us to be as good as Jesus by any strength we have in our flesh. We don't have the ability within our flesh to live a life close to the standard God expect or to the standard Jesus lived. Only Jesus could do this and that is why we are covered on the back of the righteousness of Christ.
phil 3:3
3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

A sinful flesh can never be perfect, but Jesus was perfect on all sides. God expects us to keep renovating/renewing our mind by the bread/His flesh/communion/His word to tame that sinful desires within us.

Romans 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God

JESUS NEVER NEEDED SUCH RENEWING OF MIND AT ANY STAGE BECAUSE HE IS PERFECT.

There is alot of chaff in your post and I am not using my device now so as to cross-out all the irrelevancies. Let me just correct 2 falsities there in. One, Jesus was not perfect. The bible said he BECAME perfect. That's why I told you the test that made him perfect was that he didn't sin and not that he was born with another flesh.

Another thing that you said that is patently wrong is about God being "tempted" and how Jesus' only temptation was to die (suffer). That is very wrong. Peter said he was insulted but he didn't revile those who reviled him- he didn't sin. Paul also said Jesus was TEMPTED like EVERY OTHER MAN.

I think you should study well and properly. The reason Jesus was tempted as so is because he didn't function as God while on earth. He functioned ONLY as a man and men can be and are always tempted.

In my subsequent post I will show you scriptures which I pray to God that you would understand and not argue with as is customary to you.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by WinsomeX: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi: confused.com^

It is the number of likes on those posts that is bothering him.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hebrews 2:9, 14, 16-18 AMP

But we are able to see Jesus, Who was ranked lower than the angels for a little while, crowned with glory and honor because of His having suffered death, in order that by the grace (unmerited favor) of God [to us sinners] He might experience death for every individual person.

Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature] that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who had the power of death–that is, the devil–

For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand]. [Isa. 41:8, 9.]

So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people's sins. For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and tested and tried [and who therefore are being exposed to suffering].
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
So as I am posting very clear scriptures I just wish you would do same showing me relevant places stating that Jesus had a heavenly flesh (in Shdemidemi's case) or that he another flesh that was not like other men (in Trustman's case). And leave all the nonsense talk about Jesus having a sinful nature aside as that is not what I said.

I clearly said when the bible talks about a man's nature as a sinner it is referring to the Man's spirit while when it refers to a righteous nature it also referring to the born again man's recreated Human Spirit.

It is the Spirit that controls the flesh. For a sinner his sinful spirit works hand in hand with his flesh while for a Christian his recreated human Spirit subdues (or is expected to subdue his flesh) because a man is not his flesh.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:
Jesus was not perfect. The bible said he BECAME perfect. That's why I told you the test that made him perfect was that he didn't sin and not that he was born with another flesh.

Matthew 20
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

At what point exactly was Jesus imperfect?

Heb 5:9 (hint)

mbaemeka:
Another thing that you said that is patently wrong is about God being "tempted"

"Neither let us tempt (test) Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents."

Do you remember the setting Paul is talking about? As a result of Israel's sin, God sent poison serpents out amongst the camp, and the little rascals would bite the Israelites, and it would kill those who were bitten. They had to run to Moses and say, "Do something about this." Then Moses has to go to God for instruction. And what does God say? You put up a brazen serpent up on a pole, and tell the children of Israel when they get bitten by one of these snakes they can look at the brazen serpent and be healed.

And remember brass always speaks of judgment in The Bible. That was another foreview of the work of Christ, when He took our sins on whom God's judgment fell then of course we are healed of our sin problem in what we call forgiveness, and Salvation, and justification, and all the rest.

God was actually tempted and this does not contradict what James said- Do you understand it now?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
@mbaemeka

I will show you a foreview and a pointer to the death of Jesus/God in the old testament.

In ancient times, COVENANTS were taken so seriously that you could not just cut a covenant with anyone because they carried penalties if broken by any of the parties involved. The principle of covenants was strictly understood by all in those days, because if either party did not fulfil their part of the covenant, something tragic would happen to the offending party.

The general idea about the animals that were cut into two parts by Abraham was that a requirement between the two parties involved in covenant would be to walk between the divided animals so as to signify that “may this be done to me if I break this covenant; may I be torn apart, may I be cut in half like these animals if I fail to carry out my part of the covenant”.

God instructs Abraham to get some animals: a heifer, goat and ram, each to be three years old. He also told him to bring a dove and young pigeon. He got the animals and God told him to divide the heifer, goat and ram into two parts and arrange them adjacent to each other, but the birds were not to be divided into two parts. God was about to cut a covenant with Abraham/man.

Abraham prepares the animals, but God is not man; so they won’t both walk between the divided animals. Abraham falls asleep and a horror of darkness enveloped him. A smoking furnace and a burning lamp (signifying the presence of God) went between the animals. ‘Wow!, That was God’, he would have reassured himself when he woke up from his dream. God made that covenant with Abraham. Abraham was not allowed to participate as the second party in the covenant; God was on both sides. In other words, God assured Abraham that He (God) should be torn apart like the animals if eventually He failed to keep His part of the covenant. God took full responsibility for the fulfilment of the covenant if eventually Abraham/man fails, although God was the first and the second party in the agreement.

At Golgotha, there was darkness from the sixth hour to the ninth hour and eventually because of the failure of mankind, and He died. God died.

His immortality eventually became mortality; his immutability did suffer mutation; the impossible became possible; the infallibility became fallible. God was cut off and trampled in the dust.

Jesus is God..
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 3:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

My "trying to overemphasize the blood over other parts of his body"? This is me defending healing as part of Jesus' salvation for mankind. Hahahahaha.

I am changing position? Can you pick one point that I have made all through that has changed?

Can you show us how you came about your own definition of sinful flesh as used by Paul in Romans 8:3? Because I have shown you other translations to buttress my points and you have shown me none except to repeat the consensus that Jesus presented his flesh unblemished even though our definitions of the word unblemished as used in the bible is different. I have maintained that Jesus' unblemished body meant that he did not sin even though he had the same flesh that other men had that caused them to sin but you have claimed that he had another flesh. Please prove it from scripture. That's all I have asked.

As per Jesus being fully mature or what not I don't know what that has to do with him exercising his faith for greater miracles that he said the Holy Spirit will show him or how that shows that men who have the Holy Spirit cannot do same. If you have relevant scriptures to that effect please show me for I have studied the life of Jesus from the bible and I have seen no such thing.
First did you say Jesus had a SINFUL FLESH?  I need your straight answer. 

Romans 8:3 says: 
"For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,"
First, notice where it started: God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. What does this mean? "For" is what is usually termed a purpose clause. It introduces the reason for what follows. God did something that mankind flesh given what had happened to it couldn't do. The flesh was tainted with sin. God sent his Son in the likeness of sinful flesh. Note it did not say 'God sent his Son in the sinful flesh'. But in the 'likeness' of. 

Amplified Bible puts that portion like this - "Sending His own Son in the guise of sinful flesh as an offering for sin"

Likeness is - akin, similar, etc. 
Guise is - manner, semblance, etc

The context will then show us that if God has a reason for sending his Son - on account of sin - (and to deliver those who live according to the flesh) then the Son he sent cannot be an exact replica of sinful men in terms of being born with a body of sin. 
This is where Hebrews 7: 26 comes in: The Son took only the outward appearance of men BUT completely without sin - "Hebrews 7:26 tell us that: "For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens."
Earlier Hebrews 4:15 had stated that : "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin."

He is unstained by sin in any way and remained without sinning throughout his life. 
Jesus' unblemished body means then that first and foremost it did not have the stain of sin like every other person born through Adam and secondly remained so to completely qualify to bear mankind's sin on the cross. Not only then that he did not sin but he had a body without the sin nature. 

There is something in the flesh that works against God. Paul in Romans 7:25 says: "
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin."
Do you notice the distinction - 'mind', 'flesh' - the immaterial then the material. 

So like I said Sinful is sinful. Sinful means has sin in one form or the other. Trying to say sinful means "susceptible to sin" is an attempt to TWIST the meaning of the word. 
Jesus' body was not a sinful body. 
I am not saying Jesus didn't have flesh. He did. BUT I'm saying that unlike your position it was not a SINFUL FLESH.
He told us he was offering it for the sin of the world. 
John 5:51
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh."

When John says in him there is no sin that was it - spirit, soul and body no sin. 1 John 3:5: “You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.”

I've gone to some small length in giving you this. I hope it will clear the veil from your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 3:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Trustman,

I didn't bother reading the post well as I saw you started with the same nonsense you have been saying since. I gave you my own definition of the SINFUL FLESH I said he had that is- the same flesh with the people he came to represent only difference being that HE NEVER SINNED while in it. I gave you different Aliases of that flesh as used in the bible and I gave you more than 10 scripture references to that effect.

Can you please just do same?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi: @mbaemeka

I will show you a foreview and a pointer to the death of Jesus/God in the old testament.

In ancient times, COVENANTS were taken so seriously that you could not just cut a covenant with anyone because they carried penalties if broken by any of the parties involved. The principle of covenants was strictly understood by all in those days, because if either party did not fulfil their part of the covenant, something tragic would happen to the offending party.

The general idea about the animals that were cut into two parts by Abraham was that a requirement between the two parties involved in covenant would be to walk between the divided animals so as to signify that “may this be done to me if I break this covenant; may I be torn apart, may I be cut in half like these animals if I fail to carry out my part of the covenant”.

God instructs Abraham to get some animals: a heifer, goat and ram, each to be three years old. He also told him to bring a dove and young pigeon. He got the animals and God told him to divide the heifer, goat and ram into two parts and arrange them adjacent to each other, but the birds were not to be divided into two parts. God was about to cut a covenant with Abraham/man.

Abraham prepares the animals, but God is not man; so they won’t both walk between the divided animals. Abraham falls asleep and a horror of darkness enveloped him. A smoking furnace and a burning lamp (signifying the presence of God) went between the animals. ‘Wow!, That was God’, he would have reassured himself when he woke up from his dream. God made that covenant with Abraham. Abraham was not allowed to participate as the second party in the covenant; God was on both sides. In other words, God assured Abraham that He (God) should be torn apart like the animals if eventually He failed to keep His part of the covenant. God took full responsibility for the fulfilment of the covenant if eventually Abraham/man fails, although God was the first and the second party in the agreement.

At Golgotha, there was darkness from the sixth hour to the ninth hour and eventually because of the failure of mankind, and He died. God died.

His immortality eventually became mortality; his immutability did suffer mutation; the impossible became possible; the infallibility became fallible. God was cut off and trampled in the dust.

Jesus is God..

Someone please explain this to me because I cannot recall saying Jesus is not God.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

Matthew 20

At what point exactly was Jesus imperfect?

Heb 5:9 (hint)

"Neither let us tempt (test) Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents."

Do you remember the setting Paul is talking about? As a result of Israel's sin, God sent poison serpents out amongst the camp, and the little rascals would bite the Israelites, and it would kill those who were bitten. They had to run to Moses and say, "Do something about this." Then Moses has to go to God for instruction. And what does God say? You put up a brazen serpent up on a pole, and tell the children of Israel when they get bitten by one of these snakes they can look at the brazen serpent and be healed.

And remember brass always speaks of judgment in The Bible. That was another foreview of the work of Christ, when He took our sins on whom God's judgment fell then of course we are healed of our sin problem in what we call forgiveness, and Salvation, and justification, and all the rest.

God was actually tempted and this does not contradict what James said- Do you understand it now?

Somebody please explain this temptation in relation to how men are tempted to sin because that is what the whole bible maintained throughout: THAT GOD CANNOT BE TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL TO SIN.

As per When Jesus became perfect here is the scriptural reference. Hebrews 2:10 and Hebrews 5:7-9 and both clearly state that he was made or that he became perfect through all the things that he suffered- including his obedience to dying on the cross which consummated it (Philippians 2). As a result of this God then highly exalted the man Jesus to the status of Almighty God and made him the author of eternal salvation.

Meaning Jesus wasn't yet perfect until he went through everything that he went through.

Are we on the same page so far?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka: Hebrews 2:9, 14, 16-18 AMP

But we are able to see Jesus, Who was ranked lower than the angels for a little while, crowned with glory and honor because of His having suffered death, in order that by the grace (unmerited favor) of God [to us sinners] He might experience death for every individual person.

Since, therefore, [these His] children share in flesh and blood [in the physical nature of human beings], He [Himself] in a similar manner partook of the same [nature] that by [going through] death He might bring to nought and make of no effect him who had the power of death–that is, the devil–

For, as we all know, He [Christ] did not take hold of angels [the fallen angels, to give them a helping and delivering hand], but He did take hold of [the fallen] descendants of Abraham [to reach out to them a helping and delivering hand]. [Isa. 41:8, 9.]

So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people's sins. For because He Himself [in His humanity] has suffered in being tempted (tested and tried), He is able [immediately] to run to the cry of (assist, relieve) those who are being tempted and tested and tried [and who therefore are being exposed to suffering].
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

Someone please explain this to me because I cannot recall saying Jesus is not God.

You keep running from pillar to post my friend.. were you not the same person that claimed to know about theophany and not christophany? 7n an attempt to separate the two. You swerve from your position every time you are cornered.

If Jesus is God, how can he then house himself in a sinful flesh that was a result from the fall of man from God's glory?

If there is a part of scripture you are confused about, why don't you ask instead of writing too many things without substance.

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

Somebody please explain this temptation in relation to how men are tempted to sin because that is what the whole bible maintained throughout: THAT GOD CANNOT BE TEMPTED BY THE DEVIL TO SIN.

What bible told you God cannot be tempted by the 'devil'?

mbaemeka:
As per When Jesus became perfect here is the scriptural reference. Hebrews 2:10 and Hebrews 5:7-9 and both clearly state that he was made or that he became perfect through all the things that he suffered- including his obedience to dying on the cross which consummated it (Philippians 2). As a result of this God then highly exalted the man Jesus to the status of Almighty God and made him the author of eternal salvation.

Meaning Jesus wasn't yet perfect until he went through everything that he went through.

Are we on the same page so far?

Mba ...

Perfect(teleioo in greek) as used here does not mean he was imperfect at anytime, no wonder you could not give a straight answer on when he was not perfect.

Perfection here speaks of the completeness of christ's earthly course.

check and come back.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi: @mbaemeka

Jesus is God..

The Man Jesus died not God died except you can provide a scripture for this, you are teaching heresy here. And concerning the covenant i thought your position on this forum is that only the new covenant is binding on christians not the Abrahamic covenant?

Yet you left key issues of the covenant.

1. The covenant is directed through specific offspring of Abraham, leading ultimately to Christ.

2.Since Abraham is a recipient and beneficiary of the covenant and not a participant, it lays a foundation for other important covenants to come!

3.The covenant is everlasting with Abraham and his decendants.

4. Circumcision is a sign to seal the covenant.(Gen 17:11).

So can you tell us why Jesus(God) had to be circumcised since the Abrahamic covenant is a unilateral one-hinging only upon one party:God?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka: Trustman,

I didn't bother reading the post well as I saw you started with the same nonsense you have been saying since. I gave you my own definition of the SINFUL FLESH I said he had that is- the same flesh with the people he came to represent only difference being that HE NEVER SINNED while in it. I gave you different Aliases of that flesh as used in the bible and I gave you more than 10 scripture references to that effect.

Can you please just do same?

If you did not bother to read the post why send me on a wild goose chase?

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
Bidam: The Man Jesus died not God died except you can provide a scripture for this, you are teaching heresy here.

My friend, What I typed there was not for you atall. It is a theocentric way of studying scriptures. It sure sounds like heresy if one don't understand the angelic conflict that brought about the idea of God making man.

Bidam:
And concerning the covenant i thought your position on this forum is that only the new covenant is binding on christians not the Abrahamic covenant?

You got me wrong sir. Abrahamic covenant is very relevant to every christian. We(the present body of christ/ the church)are a product of that seed that was promised to Abraham.
Bidam:
Yet you left key issues of the covenant.

1. The covenant is directed through specific offspring of Abraham, leading ultimately to Christ.
yes agreed.. we are blessed on the back of that seed as contained in the promise.

Bidam:
3.The covenant is everlasting with Abraham and his decendants.
Yes it is.. every covenant made by God is forever.

Bidam:
4. Circumcision is a sign to seal the covenant.(Gen 17:11).

So can you tell us why Jesus(God) had to be circumcised since the Abrahamic covenant is a unilateral one-hinging only upon one party:God?

Christ had to fulfil all righteousness according to the law... circumcission of the flesh profits nothing but the circumcision of the heart was God's primary and exclusive mission.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:
You keep running from pillar to post my friend.. were you not the same person that claimed to know about theophany and not christophany? 7n an attempt to separate the two. You swerve from your position every time you are cornered.
If Jesus is God, how can he then house himself in a sinful flesh that was a result from the fall of man from God's glory?
If there is a part of scripture you are confused about, why don't you ask instead of writing too many things without substance.

lol, this is very funny. I asked you to go back to where this discussion started from and you didn't. I can't even make out anything you have said and how it pertains to what is being discussed. Maybe Trustman can help me explain what you are trying to say inline with the heavenly body that you said Jesus had while on earth.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

What bible told you God cannot be tempted by the 'devil'?

Mba ...

Perfect(teleioo in greek) as used here does not mean he was imperfect at anytime, no wonder you could not give a straight answer on when he was not perfect.

Perfection here speaks of the completeness of christ's earthly course.

check and come back.

The problem with all your heresies is that I don't know which to Isolate and explain to you. So maybe you should explain yourself well so I can understand you.

1. God was tempted to sin by the devil? Wow. This is a first. Please show me the relevant scriptures.

2. The bible says Jesus BECAME perfect through his sufferings and as such was appointed the Author of eternal salvation amongst other things. How can God become perfect?

You see I didn't even try to go greek with you yet because you and Trustman aren't even saying the same things. Maybe if I have time I would show you how soooo far off the truth you are.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

The problem with all your heresies is that I don't know which to Isolate and explain to you. So maybe you should explain yourself well so I can understand you.

1. God was tempted to sin by the devil? Wow. This is a first. Please show me the relevant scriptures.

2. The bible says Jesus BECAME perfect through his sufferings and as such was appointed the Author of eternal salvation amongst other things. How can God become perfect?

You see I didn't even try to go greek with you yet because you and Trustman aren't even saying the same things. Maybe if I have time I would show you how soooo far off the truth you are.

You must really be feeling smart with your forte at evading questions.

What bible told you God cannot be tempted by the 'devil'? Just give an humble answer and not a derogatory question.

Please check your greek translation... The definition of perfect as used in that verse is there. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
trustman:

If you did not bother to read the post why send me on a wild goose chase?

I take it that like some other people that have been trolling on this thread, you get your own definitions of biblical truths from the dictionary. Because, I don't understand how SINFUL would mean full of sin when I am telling you that the construction Paul made in Greek means that Jesus wore the same flesh with SINFUL men. In other words, the flesh he had was SUSCEPTIBLE to sin, and to prove my point I gave more than 5 different translations of the same verse with all saying the same things together with other references in his writings but you cannot do same to establish your own point.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

You must really be feeling smart with your forte at evading questions.

What bible told you God cannot be tempted by the 'devil'? Just give an humble answer and not a derogatory question.

Please check your greek translation... The definition of perfect as used in that verse is there. Thanks

So what is the aim of Satan in tempting God to sin? If the question appears derogatory it is because it is illogical to even think let alone post it.

As per Jesus, let me pace myself a bit. Does God need to grow in wisdom?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
James 1:13 KJV

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 5:58pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

So what is the aim of Satan in tempting God to sin? If the question appears derogatory it is because it is illogical to even think let alone post it.

mbaemeka:

shdemidemi:
What bible told you God cannot be tempted by the 'devil'?.

can you just answer a simple question before delving into other things?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 6:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka: James 1:13 KJV

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

mbaemeka:

Are those statements the same?

Sincere answers and things can be put clearly in the right context.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
^^^

100 % the same. If you doubt it prove to us that James wasn't referring to sin in that Chapter and while at it tell us why God needed to grow in wisdom.

I am waiting.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

God didn't make Jesus. He was born by Mary. Adam was created and Jesus was born. I agree Jesus did not sin but he died. Why did he die? Did God create Adam to die?

Yours is interesting. You have introduced a third type of flesh now- inbetween Adam and the Heavenly. Without a single scripture to back such a claim.

You can see from the reference below that the body of our Lord Jesus Christ was a special creation that has not been formed by the normal process of genetic inheritance. God formed His human body with the same Power and Wisdom by which He had formed the universe.

The Prepared Body

"Wherefore when He cometh into the world, He saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me" (Hebrews 10:5)

The author of Hebrews had just pointed out that, despite all the animal sacrifices offered up by the people of Israel over the centuries, “it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins” (Hebrews 10:4). That would require the once-for-all offering of “the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).

But that perfect Lamb could be none other than God Himself, in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. No ordinary man, however powerful or wise or morally upright he might be, could ever accomplish such a mighty task. Neither could an angel remove human sin from the world. Only God could do that, but He must also be a man in order to pay the death penalty for man’s sins, then also defeat death and live forever with those who would receive Him as Saviour. He must be both eternal God and perfect man.

For this mission, He must have a human body, but it must be a very special body, with no genetically inherited mutational blemishes and no inherited Adamic sin nature. Thus His great testimony: "A body hast thou prepared me."

The Greek word for "prepared" is a strong word, connoting something like "made perfect" in most of its occurrences. It is used only one other time in Hebrews, in the very next chapter. "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God" (Hebrews 11:3). This correlation assures us that God "prepared" the human body of His Son, to be placed in Mary’s virgin womb with the same perfect wisdom and care with which He had "framed" the worlds. Both were made "very good," perfectly designed, created, and made to accomplish His great eternal plan. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
mbaemeka:

He has always been an adversary.. God had stepped into the devil's world to liberate those kept captive. The devil offered God what in truth belongs to him- the world. What was God's response- 'Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God'

Jesus quoted from exodus 17 where He was tempted at Massah.

No normal man could have resisted such temptation.. After 30 days of no food, who would turn down bread? He had no iniquity in him, whether he be tested or not.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

My friend, What I typed there was not for you atall. It is a theocentric way of studying scriptures. It sure sounds like heresy if one don't understand the angelic conflict that brought about the idea of God making man.
If it aint meant for me then it aint meant for the body of Christ and should be treated as an agnostic heresy.cheesy

You got me wrong sir. Abrahamic covenant is very relevant to every christian. We(the present body of christ/ the church)are a product of that seed that was promised to Abraham.
yes agreed.. we are blessed on the back of that seed as contained in the promise.
Ok.

Yes it is.. every covenant made by God is forever.

Ok.

Christ had to fulfil all righteousness according to the law... circumcission of the flesh profits nothing but the circumcision of the heart was God's primary and exclusive mission.

Christ broke sabbath laws and interpreted Mosaic laws differently e:g the adulterous woman, Explain your self here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (38) (Reply)

Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Ladies Attend Prophet Elvis Mbonye's Dinner Event Braless (Photos) / Abel Mwelwa: Zambian Priest Suspended After Married Lover Died In His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.