Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible (5665 Views)

Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf: [s] Wow... At first when I saw the Op, I tot dis rilwayne of a guy was reasonable but I have been proved wrong. He still has so many to learn, and good for him... I can teach him when am free...so much to teach cos this guy is trouble and loves blind argument but I don't blame him though.... Its becos of his lack of knowledge and too much leisure time [/s]

LEARN HOW TO INTERACT WITH A STRANGER..

We shall see who lack knowledge between myself and you.
Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf:

Lemme answer them one after the other to clear u up k
1) heavenly race is an individual race. It is written that one should not judge, so my brother I have no right to judge which denomination will go to hell or heaven.

I didnt ask you to judge anyone here. undecided undecided

Here is my question again.
How are you sure that your denomination will make heaven while other 4999 will burn in hell?
Atleast you are either a Protestant xtian, catholic, Jehovah witness, Mormon, Unitarian etc.

CATHOLIC
Why are you a pprotestan xtian? why are you a not catholic? are the catholics going for believing in purgatory? are they going for honouring the image of mary when it is in the bible not to honour any graven image? are they going to hell for reading 73books of the bible while the protestant hold on to 66books? are they goin to hell for believing the pope is a vicar of christ? just tell me the reason why you are not a catholic?

NOTE: catholic constitute the largest denomination of xtians in the whole world. atleast 60% of the xtian population
The reason why you are not a catholic is not far fetch if not that you deem them as the wrong path to God. if that not the reason, then tell me the reason why you are not a catholic.

PROTESTANT
Why are you a catholic? why are you not a protestant xtian? are the protestant xtian goin to hell for collecting tithe? are they goin to hell for not honouring mary? are they goin ti hell for not taking the pope as christ vicar? are they goin ti hell for holdin on to 66books of the bible and not 73boooks as you do? Just tell me why you are not a protestant?.

JEHOVAH WITNESS
Why are you Jehovah witness? why are'nt a catholic or protestant? are they both goin to hell for believing in trinity? are they both goin to hell for not believing is archangel michael as the JW do? just tell me why you are a Jehovah witness.

UNITARIAN
why are you a unitarian and not the 3above?

MORMON
are you one

Better still madeolmoiselle schiyf should tell us her denomination and the reason why she doesnt attend the rest.

Hope you now decipher my question better?

sciyhf: 2)Jesus said that for the hypocrites and fake prophets that call on his name with their mouth and not with their hearts. Calling Jesus Jesus won't take anyone to heaven but believing in the name you call. That is why in my case by the grace of God believe I will go to heaven because I believe in Jesus and try earnestly to obey his words.

@canceled you are lying, and it shows how ignorant and how low your knowledge of the bible is.

Matthew 7:21-23
“Not everyone who calls me Lord will enter God’s kingdom. The only people who will enter are those who do what my Father in heaven wants. On that last Day many will call me Lord. They will say, ‘Lord, Lord, by the power of your name we spoke for God. And by your name we forced out demons and did many miracles.’ Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness. I never knew you.’

There are points derived in this particular verse viz:
* Not everyone who call on jesus will enter heaven: (including you, that you call on jesus does not mean you are going to heaven)

* The people who will enter are those who do what his father want : Now thos is a great point, Jesus is not saying those who will enter are those who have faith in his name rather those who do what his father wants. now do you have any objection to this

am waiting.

* Some people will call on God with his name, some will force out demon with his name,many will perform miracles with his name, those who do all these in his name did they have faith in his name? of course they do, but does that mean they will enter heaven? Then I will tell those people clearly, ‘Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness. I never knew you.’

Any objection to this ^^

Am waiting

2 Likes

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf: 2)Jesus said that for the hypocrites and fake prophets that call on his name with their mouth and not with their hearts. Calling Jesus Jesus won't take anyone to heaven but believing in the name you call. That is why in my case by the grace of God believe I will go to heaven because I believe in Jesus and try earnestly to obey his words.
*continuation*
Now to the bolded assertion.

How about those who didnt get to know Jesus? Those who came before him.

How about our grandfathers in africa before xtianity arrive, arr they not going to enter heaven just because they didnt believe iin the name jesus?

SMDH.

Furthermore,
Matthew 5:3-10 (NIV)
3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers,for they will be called sons of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

I cant find where it says blessed are those who believe in a name for theirs is the kingdom of God

sciyhf: 3) Jesus himself even prophesied about the fake pastors... ' It is written that in those days many will rise in my name but are not from me' so there are so many fake pastors and that is why one is asked to test each spirit. If u r a true born again, God will surely deliver you from them. Also from their friuts u shall know them. You test the spirits by acquiring from God, watching the morality of the pastors( cos d fake pastors don't obey the word of God,) their teachings,( a true pastor should preach salvation and righteousness, holyness and not covering the scripture and teaching only of riches etc)

Which church exactly do you attend? How are you sure that your pastor is of God?

Why are'nt you a catholic?

sciyhf: 4) no one is sure but I believe I am but by the grace of God.that is y it is individual. As I said earlier, I believe and have faith. Besides I won't swear am among cos I know within myself I am not perfect. I make lots of mistakes, mistakes that I even condemn myself for, that is why am always asking for mercy, grace and the spirit of God. U r u sure u r going to heaven? Na u holy pass? Therefore, dis ur last question is uncalled for...

Okay

1 Like

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf:

[s] I definetly answered all ur questions, but if your brain can't simplify or provide u with the answers I gave [/s] ... I will help
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
For explanations refer back to my answers.
Lol @No… ok now so paradise is not sure for you but you see muslims as companions of hell when you yourself is neither companion of heaven nor companion of hell.

Smh.

Please Refer back to my refutations undecided

1 Like

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf:

Am not surprised that it does not cos u sure have a little brain.. And it amazes me how u took time to read the bible just the make troubles... But u don't understand what u read cos u don't have the spirit* ask me I will explain.

Your brain is just like a stagnant water but inactive shey? grin grin
Atleast show a little courtesy, that you are pained does not give you the audacity to insult me.

Xtian often run to the point that you cant understand the bible without holy spirit, i wonder the holy spirit in talk, is it the one leading those 5000+ sect

You are a joker

sciyhf: From all ur long trash u r only pointing at righteousness of faith and dat of Moses. If there is something else pls elaborate more and don't make pointless points.

Or maybe you lack comprehension skill?
Or maybe you just want to remain miserable all your life, hidding the truth?
gainsayer?
reprobate?

Choose one ^^

sciyhf: John 3:16 (for God so loved the world that he sent his only begootten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not die but have everlasting life)
Was jesus the onr doing the talkings here?
Tell me does John know better thaN Jesus?
believing in him, does that mean his name alone and not his teachings? JESUS, PAUL, JOHN..whose teachings do you believe gan?

Now the big question.
THOSE BEFORE JESUS HOW DO THEY ATTAIN ETERNAL LIFE?

sciyhf: U asked if Jesus spoke of the righteousness of faith? Yes he did not just Paul. When he said believe in me and be save is faith. Believing in someone u did no not see. He never said 'obey all the laws of Moses and be saved' but that he has fulfilled the laws and we should have faith in him.. So simple and clear

You are not getting it at all...you can't believe in someone without having your reasons for believing them. Now the reason why i believe in jesus is this.
MARK 12:29-34 — And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

believing in God encompasses everything we do as a believer, you can't believe God without obeying his commandments.

MATTHEW 19:16-17.
16. And, behold, one came and said unto him, "Good Master,what good thing shall I do, that I may have Eternal Life?"
17. And he said unto him, "Why callest thou me "good?" (There is) none "good" but One, (that is,) God: but if thou wilt enter into Life, keep The Commandments."

Why didnt jesus say here that believe in my name

We are not just to believe in his name if not his teachings.

And you dont follow jesus teachings rather you follow PAUL JOHN PETER'S.
My question is do tthey know better than jjesus?

2 Likes

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by Rilwayne001: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
sciyhf: Johm 16:8 When he comes, he will show the world it was wrong about sin, righteousness, and judgment. 9 He will show the world it was wrong about sin because they don’t believe in me. 10 He will show the world it was wrong about righteousness because I’m going to the Father and you won’t see me anymore.

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vineyard keeper. 2 He removes any of my branches that don’t produce fruit, and he trims any branch that produces fruit so that it will produce even more fruit. 3 You are already trimmed because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch can’t produce fruit by itself, but must remain in the vine. Likewise, you can’t produce fruit unless you remain in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, then you will produce much fruit. Without me, you can’t do anything.

Irrelevant

sciyhf: 17 God’s righteousness is being revealed in the gospel, from faithfulness[t] for faith,[t] as it is written, The righteous person will live by faith.

Please kindly provide the source of this verse.

I have something to say about it.

am waiting...

sciyhf: Jojn 3 6 God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him won’t perish but will have eternal life. 17 God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

18 Whoever believes in him isn’t judged; whoever doesn’t believe in him is already judged, because they don’t believe in the name of God’s only Son.
19 "This is the basis for judgment: The light came into the world, and people loved darkness more than the light, for their actions are evil. 20 All who do wicked things hate the light and don’t come to the light for fear that their actions will be exposed to the light.

21 Whoever does the truth comes to the light so that it can be seen that their actions were done in God."
again irrelevant to our discussion.

I wonder if john is Greater than Jesus to you undecided

I ask you to provide where jesus teaches law of faith and abolish law of commandments and that of works the way paul did in Romans 3:27,28.

1 Like

Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by sciyhf(f): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wow... I have a question for u, why do u read certain parts of the bible to make troubles but hide the truth.. Now am sacrificing my sleep to clearify u

First and foremost... You are still asking me to judge the denominations, which I repeat myself I can't. I am not a catholic because I was not born into the catholic church neither have I attended one nor know their doctrines. And lastly on this topic, the church I attend is not your problem neither my pastors calling. But for ur last question, the fact that my pastor doesn't make it to heaven doesn't mean I wouldn't. Am not worship my pastor nor depend on him for the salvation of my soul. Its also my duty to read the scripture and know the will of God and also act according to the spirit of God. Remember I don't have the same calling as my pastor ao we wouldn't be judged same way' I will have mercy on whom I want to have mercy' God said that. But for the record, I believe my pastor is a man of God because I always feel the presence of God in my church, he does miracles too and most importantly, I love his teachings.. He teaches so well like a teacher that understands his course and know one can do that without the spirit of God...

That remains me.. Since u read the bible well, have u forgotten that Christ said that all sins will be forgiven except blasphemy against the holy spirit. Am saying this cos u mention xtians and holy spirit. If u didn't know pls know now not to blasphem cos the word u have heard will surely speak against u in judgement. If u don't understand or know the holy spirit nor the spirit of God pls ask let me bring out lil time again to explain to u in details
Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by sciyhf(f): 2:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
Secondly... I will gropu this into three sub heading. Of course, John nor the apostles are greater than Jesus.. But this will bring me to my first sub heading.

1) the apostles
Starting with John 3:16, John said that anyone that believes in Jesus will be saved. Remember that John is a man that had been witj Jesus in all his missionary journey.. Can u then say that you know Jesus more than John? Where u with him? Did he speak directly to you?

Also Paul and the apostles.. Especially Paul becos u once emphasised on him.. Paul was a man that taught the scriptures from the scriptures, he never taught a different doctrine but often remarks it is written and also taught from his own understanding through the spirit. Paul also had the power from the holy spirit or the spirit of truth to teach the Gospel... He heard from the spirit, dreamt dream, had visions, and did miracles and was also a teacher. To me who else is a prophet? Tell me what mohammed did that Paul didn't do. Is a prophet not someone that has an encounter with God? So why will u follow the teachings of mohammad and ask us to reject that of Paul or other apostles that wrote by the spirit of God.

2) u r also claiming that Jesus never asked us to believe in him and be saved but unless we follow the law. Let me prove u wrong with ur own words.. Starting with the beatitudes... I also didn't see blessed are the law keeper for they shall enter the kingdom of heaven but rather I saw blessed are the pure in HEART... Dat implies that no believer will be judged by the law but by the heart. Am still coming o, don't rush me before u cancel again or claim it is not relevant, when u and I know it is.

Also Jesus said ' I am the light of the world' and also from John 3 that u cancelled it is also written that no one that lives in the light will be judged..only thaose that live in darkness

Again, though I don't have much time. Jesus also said ' I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE. NO ONE cometh to the FATHER except through ME' that is what we see Jesus as, the only way to the father. And also we see him as life... Thus John words 'whosoever that believes in him will have life and have it more abundantly. Jesus said, ' the devil came to steal, kill and to destroy but I came to give life and give it more abundantly'
Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by sciyhf(f): 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
John 10:10. Starting from verse 1 though. Jesus described himself as the gate and whosever that does not pass through him is a thief and outlaw and will be cast away. ' I am the gate, whosoever that enters through me will be saved' so why shouldn't one believe in Jesus and be saved since he is the only way and the gate. Those were the words of Jesus.

lastly and more importantly, let us look at John 6:32-40
32 Jesus told them, "I assure you, it wasn’t Moses who gave the bread from heaven to you, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven.

33 The BREAD OF GOD is the one who comes down from heaven and gives LIFE to the world."

34 They said, "Sir,[t] give us this bread all the time!"
35 Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 36 But I told you that you have seen me and still don’t believe. 37 Everyone whom the Father gives to me will come to me, and I won’t send away anyone who comes to me. 38 I have come down from heaven not to do my will, but the will of him who sent me. 39 This is the will of the one who sent me, that I won’t lose anything he has given me, but I will raise it up at the last day.

40 This is my Father’s will: that all who see the Son and believe in him will have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

This answers all your question and thus JEsus Chrsit asked us to believe in him to gain eternal life. Paul taught the same thing and that is the righteous of faith that Paul taught. Lastly, the teaching of Paul won't be omitted from the bible becaus he is not Jesus..
Re: What The Quran-bashers Don’t Want You To Know About The Bible by sciyhf(f): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2014
About ' those that do the will of the father' I believe u have seen the will of the father from John 6.. The will fo the father is that we believe in Jesus and until we do that. We won't enter the kingdom of God. And also remeber that faith works with obedience. Believers are also expected to obey the words of the father but remember that the will of the father is different from the words or commandments of the father. Jesus Christ taught us to do the will of the father by believing in him and also obey the commandments of the father. Thanks for asking this question, I also learnt from this... No matter what God bless u.. And lastly, do not assume that I concluded that all Muslims will go to hell, cos Jesus said in my fathers house they are many mansions, all I know is that he has gone to prepare a place for me if I believ according to his word. How God will judge unbelievers, the Muslim and other religion... I don't know cos I can't judge , its left for u and ur God. I just follow the truth.. And also those before Christ lived by the law and will be judged by the law. God loves us 'one love'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Power Of Forgiveness / How To Apply Patience When Faced With Trials / If U Are A Muslim, Pls Come Over Here. Muslims Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.