Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33880 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
jcgodfrey: As far as the law and court-room business goes, i believe South Africa just advertised their level of ineptitude to the whole world. What an absolutely shocking verdict. God knows if i was Reeva's brother, i would clap in the court-room as they read out the verdict. Only for me to go and organize my personal jungle-justice with my guys. Yes o. After-all, in hindsight, i thought he was an intruder!

if it was reeva that killed oscar, would you still hold this your view? say the truth...

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

my dear relax, don't take it to heart. moments from now oscar will be walking out of that court signing autographs.

No, it looks like he failed the reasonable persons test. It looks like he will be found guilty of culpable homicide.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
jcgodfrey: As far as the law and court-room business goes, i believe South Africa just advertised their level of ineptitude to the whole world. What an absolutely shocking verdict. God knows if i was Reeva's brother, i would clap in the court-room as they read out the verdict. Only for me to go and organize my personal jungle-justice with my guys. Yes o. After-all, in hindsight, i thought he was an intruder!

Gbam!!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by guass(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
POSTPONEMENT, DELAY ... TACTICS ARE BECAUSE PISTO... JAIL OR HEAVY FINE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
THE TALE END IS THAT, HE KILLED SOMEBODY WHETHER INTENTIONALLY OR UNINTENTIONALLY.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Anacksunamun: 1:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Forwetinnah: Hmmmn...so he walked from the murder case afterall. Wonder if same would have happened if he was a Black South African...anyways na dem dem!! Pistarus enjoy your freedom...
This conclusion is highly absurd!!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Did they adjourn?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kliq(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Adjourned again undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
hansad: Sharraaaaap Oscar Pistorius. You are jail-bound. The law must not allow you to kill an intruder to your house. If everybody resorts to carrying arms and use them the way you did, you Oscar; of all persons could have been dead long before now.

What do you suggest I do when there is an intruder in my house? Hide under the bed? Ask him to leave?

Fact is south africa is a violent country! No one is gonna break into your house just to give you a hug!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
brownlord:

Wow, and what other evidence are they looking for when the person that witnessed what happened is here.

You go try see doctor my friend

so are we on the same page or what?? witness? antagonist? so what if he's there? what the heck are u talking bout? obviously there's been some level of compromise and i'm just feeling sorry for the girl's family. so what exactly's your point? ofcus i know Oscar PISTOLrius has fans too.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
legal practitional in the making
fruityjojo:
Jesus! Oh dear don't say anymore! Lol grin In Law, there are crimes, there are tortuous acts. All criminal cases, has nothing to do with the families of the victim, Buh is between "The State V The Accused" even the victim himself has no say in how the case goes. What ur saying is correct only in Civil courts/proceedings where settling out of court is one of the civil elementssmiley
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by dotcomnamename: 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2014

MUMU, E EASY? undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Yeske: 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
londoner:

No, it looks like he failed the reasonable persons test. It looks like he will be found guilty of culpable homicide.

Yes he failed it.

Source: CNN
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

waiting for the verdict on culpable homicide.

jeez - that lunch break eh, what was judge masipa eating? oscar could have finished his prison sentence in that break period. grin

Hehe

Certainly a high-profile case, you dont just rush out from a break with a hasty verdict.

Do you see Oscar pulling through in this?

My gut feeling tells me Yes!

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Amhappy(f): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
With premeditated & second degree murder already out,Oscar is as good as a free man.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by jahlove4jah: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:
Yeah I know he could be acting sir but then in actual sense he's a wreck
Let me analyze; if he intentionally killed his gf then the guilt by all means must be hunting him even as the verdict is being read(he's a human).
Again if it was an accident he'll still be a wreck knowing that his gf is no more out of a fault of his(many had I know would be running in his mind). Both ways, he has something to mule over that can trigger emotions. Like stated earlier, remember, he's HUMAN!

Cc: Madcow
Totally agreed. There are three persons that have the whole facts/details(God,Oscar and Reeva).unfortunately Reeva is no more. Hence the facts is only between God and Oscar. He may get out of the charges because he has got the money, but come to think of it,the guilt he will live with for the rest of his life if his shooting was actually premeditated is worst than the 25yrs max. Prison sentence. Only him and God knows. My heart goes out to the Bereaved parents and relatives.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
case adjourned till tomorrow....

judge masipa loves drama.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by yogun(f): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pistorius, may your conscience be your judge. May it haunt you day and night till you can take it no more.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
boitz:

What do you suggest I do when there is an intruder in my house? Hide under the bed? Ask him to leave?

Fact is south africa is a violent country! No one is gonna break into your house just to give you a hug!
is there any country which isn't violent. His possesion of arms was illegal. he never saw the intruder before he shot. he could have alerted his gf to call the cops while he tries to defend. he obviously killed the babe.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
boitz:

Facts is south africa is a violent country! No one is gonna break into your house just to give you a hug!

don't mind him, he wants an amputated man to start looking for his girlfriend and make sure she is there before taking actions on a suspected burglar. if na me be Oscar na under my pillow my gun go dey 24hrs, i wont even stress my disabled self, i will start firing at the noise direction from my bed.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by remsonik(f): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Well case has been adjourned till 9am tomorrow. I felt he didn't mean to kill her but kill the intruder. He will be tried for culpable homicide since he failed the reasonable persons test. He might get a prison sentence ranging from 10-20 years.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Segadem(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
What ever the judge decides on this issue it can't raise back the lady,chei in Yoruba voice: eni t'oku ni tie gbe.

I need interpreter!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
I'd like the ladies here to share your views on this point of view, as regards been thought of as an intruder. What is your modus operandi whenever u are going to pay your boyfriend a visit? do u give him a call, sneak up on him, etc. shed some light. Cus if its an isolated event, then Reeva's probably crazy. Ofcus i don't believe she intruded, or that there was an intruder at all. How they concocted this intruder story, hmmm, women dey suffer ooo
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by louie3(m): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

The family has a right to ask the state legal officers to step aside, if... They feel the case is been compromised, and that will give room to out-of-court settlement, depending.
there is notin such as right to ask the state to step down.it is only at the discretion of the attorney generals office that a decision can b reached whether or not to transfer d case to a private prosecutor.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by herald9: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
datguru: Finally he is freeeeeeeeeeee
damn! angry
datguru: Finally he is freeeeeeeeeeee
damn!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
dotcomnamename:

MUMU, E EASY? undecided

I have 2 sisters and many brothers from other mothers. So, if this were to happen to either of my sisters, since u are a smart dude, read between the lines.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by maasoap(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
majekdom2: is there any country which isn't violent. His possesion of arms was illegal. he never saw the intruder before he shot. he could have alerted his gf to call the cops while he tries to defend. he obviously killed the babe.
It was premeditated murder. He fired four shots with splits seconds in between which could have given his girlfriend time to cry out after first shot since the first bullet didn't kill her. And neighbours claimed that they heard noise. That's my own verdict, it doesn't matter what the judge says tomorrow. Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by remsonik(f): 1:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
jcgodfrey: I'd like the ladies here to share your views on this point of view, as regards been thought of as an intruder. What is your modus operandi whenever u are going to pay your boyfriend a visit? do u give him a call, sneak up on him, etc. shed some light. Cus if its an isolated event, then Reeva's probably crazy. Ofcus i don't believe she intruded, or that there was an intruder at all. How they concocted this intruder story, hmmm, women dey suffer ooo
Well the judge said the balcony is closer to his room than the toilet,enough time for him to shout for help and call law enforcement but he didn't until he fired four shots. Now if I wanna sneak up on my boyfriend and I enter his kitchen or bedroom first,he would scream who is it and I will reply its me. He should ve fired a warning shot and call law enforcement but to shoot 4 times he probably meant to kill whoever the intruder is

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
Anacksunamun: Exactly!! I don't see how I'd wake up, suspect an intruder, without making sure about my GF sleeping NEXT TO ME ON THE BED is okay, I'll go off to shoot the intruder in the bathroom. On a normal day, once I wake up, I check on the person sleeping next to me, how much more on a such suspicious day.

Exactly, it defies common sense that you suspect an intruder and instead of checking the person in the same bed (by leaning or stretching your hand over), you get out of bed, go and find your gun, go towards the toilet door and shoot four times at the door.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Laeroy(f): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
webdezzi: this is a case of pre-meditated murder but unfortunately the state could not prove this.

1. if there is a break in, and you have to go back to get a weapon in the bedroom
you are obviously going to invlove your partner. more like "hey babe, someone's breaking in " while loading his firearm

2. one shot should be enough to get whoever was at the other side to give up

3. 4 shot is definitely an intent to kill

4. If you could wake up at the close of a bathroom window, the next thing that comes to mind is your partner must be the actor.
hello! you weren't alone in the house.

My theory is that babe went to the bathroom to answer a lover who called very early on val's day
oscar sneaked to listen up to the convos and whao, this babe has been cheating.
went for the gun and boom!

another is

babe left phone behind, val message came in, dude reads it, got upset and went for his gun.

The supposed lover who calleed her that night or who sent her text messages...Should have come to court to testify to this supposed Fact.....

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by maasoap(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

don't mind him, he wants an amputated man to start looking for his girlfriend and make sure she is there before taking actions on a suspected burglar. if na me be Oscar na under my pillow my gun go dey 24hrs, i wont even stress my disabled self, i will start firing at the noise direction from my bed.
In your case, I won't be surprised if you end up killing your loved ones as in this case. Why would you be firing non stop when you have not even seen anything? Is that supposed to tell us that you can't feel save anywhere, even in your own house, even with girlfriend beside you.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
remsonik:
Well the judge said the balcony is closer to his room than the toilet,enough time for him to shout for help and call law enforcement but he didn't until he fired four shots. Now if I wanna sneak up on my boyfriend and I enter his kitchen or bedroom first,he would scream who is it and I will reply its me. He should ve fired a warning shot and call law enforcement but to shoot 4 times he probably meant to kill whoever the intruder is

Na so me sef reason am o. Pre-medidated killing and post-medidated cover-up.

3 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by saintandsinnerz: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
remsonik: Well case has been adjourned till 9am tomorrow. I felt he didn't mean to kill her but kill the intruder. He will be tried for culpable homicide since he failed the reasonable persons test. He might get a prison sentence ranging from 10-20 years.

No culpable homicide in South Africa carries a maximum 15 years jail sentence and no minimum sentence. That is the judge cannot sentence him for more than 15 years and she can also set him free or sentence him for community service or give him a suspended jail term. It is at the Judges discretion

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Baskemouth's Gigantic 40th Birthday Cake (Photo) / Meet Rhatti, Biography Of The Artist Phyno Signed To His PentHauz Record Label / Victoria Kimani Dazzles In Cone-bralet And Choker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.