Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (34237 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nitlad: 4:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar: you must be very intelligent.....
the prosecutors were morons from the get go. there was no eye witness, no CCTV cameras, the only other witness is dead apart from oscar - how could they possibly prove premeditated murder? they should have just left it at culpable homicide/manslaughter.

I thought they were in a hurry to nail a supposed high profile personality. . . This may have given them a jaundiced view of the scenario, hence their muddled up case. At best, the only thing that could have been proven is involuntary manslaughter. OP might even have had to plead guilty.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Osas700(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Our conscience is our best friend and also our greatest judge. Only God knew what actually happened that day!

The truth will cone out someday.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nitlad: 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
londoner: I'm the same, but then thats why there is the option of manslaughter, which does not allow people to walk "scot free", just because they killed someone without premeditation.

But in this case, the simple minded prosecutors went in hard for premeditated murder. No way in hell you are proving that with mere conjectures and permutations. Involuntary manslaughter? Maybe.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by freecocoa(f): 4:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

if he did, forensics would have caught him. he shot through the door - it then means he didn't see what he was shooting at. that's one of the key elements in his favour.

i think his vulnerability & paranoia got the better of him. he had no legs, men like that are bound to be on the edge.....they tend to make up for their disability with aggression.

when he heard the noise, he automatically thought an intruder was in the house. he took his gun & fired straight through the door without thinking straight.

by the time he realised it could be reeva, he had unleashed 4 talon bullets into the bathroom - and reeva died as a result. ordinary bullets would have increased her survival rate.
I have a different theory but whatever be the case, he's going to jail is all I know, not necessarily because he killed Reeva but for not applying common sense where extremely necessary cry
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by r231(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

if he did, forensics would have caught him. he shot through the door - it then means he didn't see what he was shooting at. that's one of the key elements in his favour.

i think his vulnerability & paranoia got the better of him. he had no legs, men like that are bound to be on the edge.....they tend to make up for their disability with aggression.

when he heard the noise, he automatically thought an intruder was in the house. he took his gun & fired straight through the door without thinking straight.

by the time he realised it could be reeva, he had unleashed 4 talon bullets into the bathroom - and reeva died as a result. ordinary bullets would have increased her survival rate.

which kain yeye forensic undecided undecided

yes he will walk from this case but we all know he is lying and he knew perfectly what he was doing
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by shegxi(m): 4:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
londoner:

Exactly.....That is why any people feel the justice system is not "fair". Its actually about the facts presented through the legal process, rather than the verdict.

There is a standard of proof...............you either reach it or not.

Opinion is a separate issue. My opinion, is that he shot at the door in a blind rage,knowing she was in there, but not INTENDING that she would die as a result, hence his GENUINE feelings or remorse and guilt.

Thats just my opinion, though. Did he undergo any drug tests on that night? Some hard drugs actually have hallucinogenic and side effects of extreme paranoia.

i am nt surprised dat d justice system is not fair, it can neva be fair.
Anything made by man for man can neva be fair. Dere will always be loopholes.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad:
I thought they were in a hurry to nail a supposed high profile personality. . . This may have given them a jaundiced view of the scenario, hence their muddled up case. At best, the only thing that could have been proven is involuntary manslaughter. OP might even have had to plead guilty.

i still blame the investigating police officer - botha. i am sure he had a personal beef with oscar. he ruined the case in a way.....presenting witness evidence that were staying 600 metres away, he presented syringes as evidence to insinuate oscar might have been on drugs & all other bullshyte.....

r231:
yes he will walk from this case but we all know he is lying and he knew perfectly what he was doing

do you know how difficult it is to walk free from murder? too many things worked in oscar's favour for this to be a one-off fit of rage.

freecocoa: I have a different theory but whatever be the case, he's going to jail is all I know, not necessarily because he killed Reeva but for not applying common sense where extremely necessary cry

there are precedents....
remember the american cop that dozed off while watching TV with his son. the man didn't know when the son stepped outside but he woke up when the son was opening the door to come back into the house.

he thought the son was an intruder. he didn't check anything before getting up to collect his gun. he fired straight at his son & killed him instantly. the cop wasn't even arrested, let alone charged to court for murder.

it's even difficult to prove how a reasonable person would have acted under the same set of circumstances until he has been placed in it. under duress, human beings tend to behave abnormally.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by r231(m): 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

i still blame the investigating police officer - botha. i am sure he had a personal beef with oscar. he ruined the case in a way.....presenting witness evidence that were staying 600 metres away, he presented syringes as evidence to insinuate oscar might have been on drugs & all other bullshyte.....

do you know how difficult it is to walk free from murder? too many things worked in oscar's favour for this to be a one-off fit of rage.

there are precedents....
remember the american cop that dozed off while watching TV with his son. the man didn't know when the son stepped outside but he woke up when the son was opening the door to come back into the house.

he thought the son was an intruder. he didn't check anything before getting up to collect his gun. he fired straight at his son & killed him instantly. the cop wasn't even arrested, let alone charged to court for murder.

it's even difficult to prove how a reasonable person would have acted under the same set of circumstances until he has been placed in it. under duress, human beings tend to behave abnormally.

do you remember the guy called OJ Simpson grin grin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
nitlad:

But in this case, the simple minded prosecutors went in hard for premeditated murder. No way in hell you are proving that with mere conjectures and permutations. Involuntary manslaughter? Maybe.

Yep, agreed.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
r231:
do you remember the guy called OJ Simpson grin grin

OJ simpson wasn't guilty of that too. it was a set-up. the gloves that committed the murder did not fit OJ's fingers.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
shegxi: i am nt surprised dat d justice system is not fair, it can neva be fair.
Anything made by man for man can neva be fair. Dere will always be loopholes.

The prosecution team/state are to blame here though. They did a sloppy job, for a start.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by r231(m): 4:59pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

OJ simpson wasn't guilty of that too. it was a set-up. the gloves that committed the murder did not fit OJ's fingers.

Lawyer Coogar grin grin grin

I give up!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by dulux07(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2014
he should at least be jailed for manslaughter, for Christ sake this man killed a human being that was harmless, just because he assumed, i hope d judge gets it right, what if its her own daughter
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

From what i understand about the shots through the door is simply...*they had a fight, he got his gun...she ran into the toilet, he asked her to open the door she refused. HE THEN SHOT HER THROUGH THE DOOR KNOWING SHE WOULD BE LEANING ON IT. Remember some witnesses heard them arguing, and then there were sounds of a "woman in distress"..and then the shots. It's normal for someone to run into a room and wedge the door with their body especially if you can't Find a key.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2014
Forwetinnah:

From what i understand about the shots through the door is simply...*they had a fight, he got his gun...she ran into the toilet, he asked her to open the door she refused. HE THEN SHOT HER THROUGH THE DOOR KNOWING SHE WOULD BE LEANING ON IT. Remember some witnesses heard them arguing, and then there were sounds of a "woman in distress"..and then the shots. It's normal for someone to run into a room and wedge the door with their body especially if you can't Find a key.

except that the pathologists & post mortem revealed that the first bullet that caught her rendered her incapable of shouting or screaming.

that's the exact reason pistorius had a good case to start with. there was no chasing & there was no scream. the screams the witnesses heard was that of oscar himself after realising he had shot his own girlfriend.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by DaBullIT(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
r231:

Bro. He happen for your eyes ?

Person just wake from bed , he hear noise , he crawl from bed. Unload for bathroom door.

Oscar get monie. He easy for am to hire assassin
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by meerkat(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Has the verdict been given? Just came online
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
coogar:

except that the pathologists & post mortem revealed that the first bullet that caught her rendered her incapable of shouting or screaming.

that's the exact reason pistorius had a good case to start with. there was no chasing & there was no scream. the screams the witnesses heard was that of oscar himself after realising he had shot his own girlfriend.

How sure are you of the bolded. ..because some witnesses decided to recant their statements? Watched a repeat of today's court proceedings an hour ago, and the Judge kept repeating the "woman in distress" phrase which means several witnesses heard her. It's a pity though. .she's dead and gone.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by coogar: 10:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Forwetinnah:

How sure are you of the bolded. ..because some witnesses decided to recant their statements? Watched a repeat of today's court proceedings an hour ago, and the Judge kept repeating the "woman in distress" phrase which means several witnesses heard her. It's a pity though. .she's dead and gone.

it's not about how sure i am - it was what the judge said. she said due to the horrific nature of her injuries, she's incapable of screaming - her skull fractured cos of the bullet.

talon bullets are illegal - they go into a body with a tiny entry, while inside - they spread out like the tentacles of an octopus & destroy every tissue, organ or cells inside. that's why oscar is being charged separately for illegal possession of firearms.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

it's not about how sure i am - it was what the judge said. she said due to the horrific nature of her injuries, she's incapable of screaming - her skull fractured cos of the bullet.

talon bullets are illegal - they go into a body with a tiny entry, while inside - they spread out like the tentacles of an octopus & destroy every tissue, organ or cells inside. that's why oscar is being charged separately for illegal possession of firearms.

I see..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2014
Oscar is going down today, his family must giver him VASELINE BABY so that things go smooth in jail. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DThis is one of the biggest cases in the 21st century. Wow South Africa has changed a black female judge is placing her in human history today.

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 9:42am On Sep 12, 2014
I think she was cheating on this poor guy though he is GUILTY of shooting her. In South Africa most white couples like killing each other or hiring a sniper who happen to be black in most cases. cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Even in US,UK,Australia etc..in white relationship end in blood bath, theres always a price for CHEATING.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 9:49am On Sep 12, 2014
One of many cases of whitemen killing their wives in SA similar to this one is the Johan Kotze case where he hired blackmen to kill his wife, who he caught CHEATING. In RSA they dont make mistakes like Monye they killed her.[/b] grin grin the are cases where white women hired men to kill their husbands as well jus for money.

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2014
^^^^Theyr all doing time in jail. You cant take away God's creation. wink
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by oludashmi(f): 9:57am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2014
another interesting case in RSA and UK. British Indian couple Shrin and Anni Dewani.
He hired men to kill his wife.
grin grin grin

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by christoo: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2014
He only living by his faith ...only his star will know his future ..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2014
It doesn't end there hes faces many other cases like having unlisenced explosives and guns, many more.

oludashmi: He is guilty of culpable homicide

http://www.nigerianheadlines.com/oscar-pistorius-guilty-culpable-homicide/
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Oroscrush: 10:15am On Sep 12, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Like US,UK,NZ etc..RSA has one of the best prison systems, well built and organised. Guys with lighter sentences live separately from hardened criminals like killers,419 scamers and fraudsters these live side by side and kill each other everyday. You don't SLEEP IN RSA JAILS, U BLINK NEXT THING U SEE URSELF WITH UR ANCESTORS. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The only problem about RSA prison life is FIGHTING EVERYDAY with GANGS.First day in RSA prisons you are forced to join GANGS FOR SURVIVAL AND FORCED TO KILL OR BE KILLED.

Its a horror people...

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by wonda26(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

Exactly. The judge also said that the witnesses presented to the court lived at a distance at which it would be difficult to differentiate if a scream was from a male or female ...which means it were possible that the scream COULD have been from Oscar. So she cant completely dwell on such evidence alone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Eva Alordiah's New Vs Old Look: Which Do You Prefer? / Zlatan Ibile Shows Proof That He Takes Care Of Segun Wire / Runtown's Billboard Spotted In Time-square, New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.