Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE (33859 Views)

Seun Kuti Curses Any Nigerian Who Defends Politicians Going On Trial / Mercy Johnson Pregnant Again Barely 10 Months After Delivering Second Baby(Pics) / Oscar Pistorius Refusing Prison Food. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by chemmerfrank(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
vacanci:

wetin carry u come if no be same thing
na lie...i cum confam my doubt...the whole news netwrks are showin d crap
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by londoner: 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

you have not lived in southafrica then, FYI guns are legalized and equally abused by all. a taxi man can fire a shot over an argument with a passenger.
in some parts of Hilbrow, Johannesburg, you can be shot at for disturbing a sleeping resident.
not jokes.

And if that person goes to trial, will he/she get away with whatever the consequences were to the person shot?

Would it make a difference if the shoter has a history of reckless behaviour concerning guns?
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

They need to jail him, remember that MURDER means killing with an "intention" which in Nigeria is life sentence or 21 years, while MANSLAUGHTER is killing without "intention", which bags 10th years in Nigeria.
So even if... They want to aid the young man, he should go in for Manslaughter, which is lighter.
Secondly, it will serve other whites in South Africa, who think Blacks are animals.
Sorry d diseased was a white too.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by vacanci: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

Pardon me!!! His girl friend, the Model, l guess is a black.
N O T E: Am not too sure,thanks.

reeva steenkamp is her name and she is white.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by MrKnowitall: 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
The girl was planning to leave him and he became enraged and shot her...that simple. We all know he has anger issues from all tje evidence that came out. I can't believe this man will get away with this. The justice system is a joke. I don't endorse jungle justice but I'm beginning to think it has its place.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tonynwaduche: So that means u're free to shoot (in SA) whenever u think ur place hv been intruded not minding if it's ur relative or a neighbour..ok *Sips hot Lipton*

This is not first case of mistaken shooting in South African and in the world but never one shooting someone in the bathroom.

In another case a father shot her daughter, mistaking her for an intruder. The difference is that the daughter had sneaked out of the house to out at night and when she came back she was trying to get into the house through a window. Her dad thinking her daughter was safely in her bed, concluded that someone was broken in.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Dreambeat: 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

relax bro... if you suspect someone has entered your house at midnite, would your first action be to shout your girl-friends name answer me? some times we get so emotional that we deliver biased judgements. let us wait for the final verdict.
If I suspect someone has entered my house,the first thing I will do is to be sure of my girlfriend's whereabout since she was sleeping on the same bed with me before then.This is not about sentiment or emotion,it's about common sense and proper judgement
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kernel504(m): 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
vacanci:

reeva steenkamp is her name and she is white.

Thanks
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 12:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hmmmn...so he walked from the murder case afterall. Wonder if same would have happened if he was a Black South African...anyways na dem dem!! Pistarus enjoy your freedom...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by kernel504(m): 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
nifton:
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

Doesnt answer his question..

What type of Man picks up a Gun and shoots through a closed door inside his house when he has no idea where his wife or girlfriend (the only other person in the house with him) is at...

This makes NO SENSE to me at all..

yeah! i gat ur points. I equally concur .
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by popobaba(m): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
I think the verdict on culpable homicide would be guilty...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
Forwetinnah: Hmmmn...so he walked from the murder case afterall. Wonder if same would have happened if he was a Black South African...anyways na dem dem!! Pistarus enjoy your freedom...

Really? The judge was black! He killed a fellow white person. Why do you have to draw race issue in a non racial case? This is not an OJ simpson trial, both the victim and the suspect are white.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by quesra(f): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pistorious is guillty as SIN...but would obviously get away with unintentional homicide

we are looking at a minimum of 10years
judge obviously wants to cushion the blow
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
JUDGE MASIPA WE NEED TO TALKangry

1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
Pla hw can u tel me he dosnt knw that his gfrnd is in d rest room.. nd he shoot 4x is he using automatic gun.. didnt his gf shout wn he shoot d frist one... yeye dey smell..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Hugo7(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2014
MrKnowitall: The girl was planning to leave him and he became enraged and shot her...that simple. We all know he has anger issues from all tje evidence that came out. I can't believe this man will get away with this. The justice system is a joke. I don't endorse jungle justice but I'm beginning to think it has its place.
can you prove it.
this is a case of pre-meditated murder but unfortunately the state could not prove this.

1. if there is a break in, and you have to go back to get a weapon in the bedroom
you are obviously going to invlove your partner. more like "hey babe, someone's breaking in " while loading his firearm

2. one shot should be enough to get whoever was at the other side to give up

3. 4 shot is definitely an intent to kill

4. If you could wake up at the close of a bathroom window, the next thing that comes to mind is your partner must be the actor.
hello! you weren't alone in the house.

My theory is that babe went to the bathroom to answer a lover who called very early on val's day
oscar sneaked to listen up to the convos and whao, this babe has been cheating.
went for the gun and boom!

another is

babe left phone behind, val message came in, dude reads it, got upset and went for his gun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by nifton(m): 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
popobaba: I think the verdict on culpable homicide would be guilty...
My veiw too and i ve predicted btw 5-10 yrs jail term.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2014
popobaba: I think the verdict on culpable homicide would be guilty...

I hope so! **cross my fingers**
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Adedayo516(m): 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

Pardon me!!! His girl friend, the Model, l guess is a black.
N O T E: Am not too sure,thanks.
You started following this case today... All true no lie

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Forwetinnah: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

What type of Man picks up a Gun and shoots through a closed door inside his house when he has no idea where his wife or girlfriend (the only other person in the house with him) is at...

The kind of man who bears 'pistol' for a name..i think that guy has anger issues
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by rezzy: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
kernel504:

They need to jail him, remember that MURDER means killing with an "intention" which in Nigeria is life sentence or 21 years, while MANSLAUGHTER is killing without "intention", which bags 10th years in Nigeria.
So even if... They want to aid the young man, he should go in for Manslaughter, which is lighter.
Secondly, it will serve other whites in South Africa, who think Blacks are animals.

Was the girl not white?

This case is somehow. Nobody can really judge his mind. But God knows best
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by chrisviral(m): 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
Waiting for the verdicts!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
webdezzi: this is a case of pre-meditated murder but unfortunately the state could not prove this.

1. if there is a break in, and you have to go back to get a weapon in the bedroom
you are obviously going to invlove your partner. more like "hey babe, someone's breaking in " while loading his firearm

2. one shot should be enough to get whoever was at the other side to give up

3. 4 shot is definitely an intent to kill

4. If you could wake up at the close of a bathroom window, the next thing that comes to mind is your partner must be the actor.
hello! you weren't alone in the house.

My theory is that babe went to the bathroom to answer a lover who called very early on val's day
oscar sneaked to listen up to the convos and whao, this babe has been cheating.
went for the gun and boom!

another is

babe left phone behind, val message came in, dude reads it, got upset and went for his gun.

Nice sum up. But i think the prosecution should not have gone for pre-meditated, that's where they really lost theire case. But this was clearly murder as a result of rage. Heat of the moment with intent to kill.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: Human you say? How about serial killers? They are not human?

Well he is not. Is he? undecided

That phrase was used with regard to his antecedent as an individual(Oscar)
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by quesra(f): 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:

even Oscar go follow police dey look for am grin grin grin

grin

cant stop laughing... like really almost so true

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
IrishKez:

Well he is not. Is he? undecided

undecided undecided
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by maestroferddi: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
freecocoa: What are you talking about? Being reckless to the point of taking someone's life should be overlooked?

Who de feck shoots at an intruder four times without knowing where his girlfriend is? Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Just like someone remarked, it is not about emotional opinion but balancing judgement against adduced facts and evidence.

The following facts/probabilities worked in Oscar P's favour. They are mitigating/extenuating circumstances:

1. Oscar's action is assumed to have been taken at the spur of the moment. A normal human being is expected to defend themselves against intruders/threats. Defence or thought for the girlfriend only comes second.

2. The number of shots is hardly a compelling argument. The difference between firing A SINGLE shot and releasing FOUR from an automatic weapon might depend on the emotional balance of the shooter. If Pistorius was assumed to be greatly alarmed, then it could be successfully argued that the element of fear made him fire multiple shots.

3. Pistorius is disabled. The fact that he wears prosthetics does not diminish the assumption that he should be vulnerable. His propensity to use a gun to defend himself is expected to be higher than that of an able-bodied man. The foregoing prejudices the judge's opinion in his favour.

4. Assuming Pistorius and Reeva had an argument or a fight prior to OP falling asleep, then one shouldn't expect Reeva to be the first thing on Oscar's mind when he got roused out of sleep by a strange sound. Naturally, his own safety should be the primary concern. So defending himself should not be so out of order.

I believe these points were what the judge factored-in in giving her verdict and quashing the conviction for pre-meditated murder and second-degree murder.

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by phransix147(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
nifton:

No be only diseased na Ebola... Its DECEASED

2 Likes

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by timbros(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Whether he walks free or not, there is one little tiny something that will continue flogging and tormenting him for the rest of his miserable life...

#Conscience

angry sad
Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial: Judge Delivering Verdict, LIVE by yousee(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
MadCow1:

My exact sentiments

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Mr Eazi Shades Tecno Mobile, Fans React / Photo Of Funke Akindele And Ramsey Noah / OAP Toolz Meets Transgender Laverne Cox (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.