Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,532 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” (23043 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Biafra Protest In Port Harcourt, Owerri, Aba, Enugu and the issue of food supply / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by PEREP: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gov Owelle visits ABJ every week and a Federal Contractor have this outstanding and he is issuing a press release like number 1Mth citizen of Imo. This is the Pettiness I keep talking about these APC guys.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt]GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. Besides, most of resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of.[/size]
Shut up please!!!!!
Why are you making excuses for him?

11 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by omenka(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1: By December they will pour konkiri on top

Rochas is talking as if he has repaired all the state roads in Imo
He doesn't have to fix all the roads in Imo to complain about the state of a federal road. He's still a citizen of the country and reserves the right to commend or condemn the FG whenever appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kingDRIS(m): 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
but I thought d pple of SE are enjoying GEJ's fresh air
lol
I have neva seen a road dis bad

This is d first time am commenting about an issue on dis forum I normally just come and laugh at u pple abusing one another

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by adultiph: 7:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Federal Government need to do something concerning this road as the pace at which the work is going on is very slow.
The Rivers state part of that road has been completed while the Imo state end is nothing to write home about.
Only assumpta to probably ohajiegbema junction has been completed as at last year I used the road.

I also need to let you know that your statement about Federal govt. not doing any road in the south is a lie.
I am also from south east and i have seen some roads started and completed under this administrator in south east.
Enugu-Abakaliki road is one of them.

All in all we need articles like this to push our govt. to do their work irrespective of their party affiliates.

Abagworo: All the major federal roads in the Southeast are like this with only Onitsha/Owerri road done mostly by other administrations as the good one.

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
mistudreh: Oga gidi gan ooo... GEJ is working!!!
Same here for my town... FG don start Ilesha-Osogbo road since 2010, dem neva reach 50% completion. Contractor no dey work again sef.

The annoying part is that the roads were probably in better shape before the construction started
They start,bulldoze away the little asphalt on the road, abandon work and essentially create a death trap

Meanwhile people have pocketed their billion
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Tunjasko(m): 7:13pm On Sep 11, 2014
I don't see any reason why Jonathan should continue as d president......afta 3yrs of construction work Nd yet ntin to shw for it....Nd our NNA guyzz would still see him as deir messiah
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Woww shocked shocked
This road is one-way to hell grin

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by adultiph: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Though Federal Government must do something to salvage the state of poor roads in the country.I don't think that Rocha has any right to talk about road projects as he is the chief of abandon projects.People from Onuimo Local Government was very happy when a road project from umuna to Umuduru was started.That road was started around March 2013 with speed but before the end of that 2013 the tared parts have all washed away and the road project has also been abandoned.In ideato south,umuobom road is just a wickedness as a gift.Our governor has a good intention but i think he lacks the experience as either the contractors are playing him or he is conniving with them to be building abandoned round abouts in Imo state.

This is almost 4 years and i don't think that any person in Imo state can point out any road project that has been completed.
If he is to make noise,it should be towards education where I believe that he has done well.
But for infrastructure development and industrialization,we are very far behind.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kocvalour(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
accident at imsu junction 2day... Eeeeeeeeiiiiiiii...

RIP to the Dead!!
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by UnknownT: 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Yea! D road took the life of Pharm. Dr. F. Nwaogalanya! She was on her way to Asaba from PH when she had an accident on that road on the 17th of July this year.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by abagoro(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2014
My prayer is that Okorocha's cry be heard by the President as the condition of that road has hindered my ability to travel to Owerri since this year. Many people traveling to Owerri from Port harcourt use the equally deplorable Port harcourt/Aba expressway.

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Krinel(f): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
An accident dat hapnd dis evening @imsu junction

1 Share

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by obayaya(m): 7:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
The contract for that road was given to Arab Contractors over a year ago. They cleared the road in preparation for the actual building. They did some part up to Obinze. Then all of a sudden, they stopped for a reason known to them alone.

FG should dash them query ASAP.

that road is the only bad Road (From after Obinze to the boundary with rivers state) on Onitsha to PH route.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by abagoro(m): 7:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
adultiph: Though Federal Government must do something to salvage the state of poor roads in the country.I don't think that Rocha has any right to talk about road projects as he is the chief of abandon projects.People from Onuimo Local Government was very happy when a road project from umuna to Umuduru was started.That road was started around March 2013 with speed but before the end of that 2013 the tared parts have all washed away and the road project has also been abandoned.In ideato south,umuobom road is just a wickedness as a gift.Our governor has a good intention but i think he lacks the experience as either the contractors are playing him or he is conniving with them to be building abandoned round abouts in Imo state.

This 4 almost 4 years i dont think that any person in Imo state that can point out road project that has been completed.
If he is to make noise,it should toward education where I believe that he has done well.
But for infrastructure development and industrialization,we are very far behind.

Keep lying and deceiving yourself. The sooner Igbos start saying the truth the better for them. You are trying to justify the State of most federal roads in the Southeast by accusing Okorocha.

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Firefire(m): 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
embarassedWhat is this

embarassedWhat is this

This is NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!!!
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Gorrbachev: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his carrs well. He should lobby like others do. He knows the way to the Minister for Works and National Assembly.

2) Besides, has Okorocha finished constructing states roads in Imo?

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]

See your life? Large chunk of your budget is dedicated to the fight on boko-haram. How? to i'll equiped soldiers that have to resort mutiny to get their rights? Governors should have to lobby the FG for it to perform its duty. Na wire for una mentality o.

8 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by mistudreh(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1:

The annoying part is that the roads were probably in better shape before the construction started
They start,bulldoze away the little asphalt on the road, abandon work and essentially create a death trap

Meanwhile people have pocketed their billion
U garrit bro... I swear if to say na the pot holes dem fill, e go make sense. Just 29km in length, dem neva do half not to talk of completion!!!
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by cupid4ig(m): 7:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
Even Rochas is talking Lmao. I passed through Owerri last month's more than 6 times and I can tell u that 75% of imo state roads are in a terrible state. And here this fool is talking.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister for Works and National Assembly.

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]
Who told you he hasn't done that? I don't blame you! I blame the asslicking disease that has eaten deep into your brains.

Nonsense!!!

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Firefire(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
Minister of Works, Arc. Mike Onolememen and the Minister of State Prince Adedayo Clement Adeyeye SHOULD BE dismiss NOW!

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Goddex: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
He hasn't done enough
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex:

He hasn't done enough.
I agree with you! He has to point a gun at the head of the minister of works for the road to be constructed. undecided undecided

Yeye dey smell!!
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Meringe(m): 7:39pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister for Works and National Assembly.

point of correction, GEJ didn't construct owerri onitsha express road, it was awarded by Obj and Yaradua completed it.

All the federal roads in SE re death trap, Ph -enugu express way is d the worst. Okigwe - umulolo -arondizuogu -Oba federal roads are death trap. Aba - ph road is no go area. Aba ikotekpene road is death trap. I don't know why my people keep supporting GEJ.

15 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by uzoexcel(m): 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
when i see comments like this i wondeer what good governance should be all about...so must one lobby the FG to do its job or kowtow to the whims and caprices of 'people' in abuja before they do their work which they were elected in the first place to do...nna na wa o

cant they sue or arrest the contractor?
Abagworo:

He said the bad state of that point of the road was due to the slow pace of  work by the contractor handling it.

“The road has become a glaring death trap with some Imo indigenes and some other people losing their lives either through accidents or armed robbery attacks that occur on that part of the road almost on daily basis.

“The most annoying aspect of the whole story is that there are Imo sons and daughters in Abuja who claim to be very close to the Presidency or to the Federal Government and even those who claim to be power-brokers at the National Assembly, and they could not influence anything with regard to the disturbing condition of the road under reference. And they pass through the road very often and none of them could muster the courage to talk about it.”

The governor, therefore, appealed to all those in connection with President Goodluck Jonathan to step in and assist in appealing to him to mobilise to complete the road.

.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by millionaireman: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2014

But the area where this PH-Owerri road serves is among Nigeria's gas and oil money provider. Jonah has no excuse whatsoever to allow that portion of the road remain that way for so long.

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Goddex: 7:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: I agree with you! He has to point a gun at the head of the minister of works for the road to be constructed. undecided undecided

Yeye dey smell!!
[size=13pt]
Okorocha needs to keep his polluted asss in Owerri and govern Imo. But, he enjoys hosting APC rallies or attending APC meetings in other states.

Of what use was that birthday he organised recently for the national chairman of APC to Imolites?[/size]
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Meringe:
point of correction, GEJ didn't construct owerri onitsha express road, it was awarded by Obj and Yaradua completed it.

All the federal roads in SE re death trap, Ph -enugu express way is d the worst. Okigwe - umulolo -arondizuogu -Oba federal roads are death trap. Aba - ph road is no go area. Aba ikotekpene road is death trap. I don't know why my people keep supporting GEJ.

thank you very much! I keep saying the same thing and these good for nothing sycophant always give jonathan the accolades for the Onitsha-Owerri road.
If the duo of Obasanjo and Yar'adua didn't start and finish that road,Jonathan wouldn't have done it. There is no single federal road in the southeast which Jonathan has started and completed.

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by DickDastardly(m): 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wetin concern me undecided when i've gat ma loyal mutley for airlifting wink

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex:
[size=13pt]
[s] Okorocha needs to keep his polluted asss in Owerri and govern Imo. But, he enjoys hosting APC rallies or attending APC meetings in other states.

Of what use was that birthday he organised recently for the national chairman of APC to Imolites? [/s] [/size]
and how is this nonsense you wrote got to do with the fact that Jonathan has failed woefully in fixing the bad federal roads in the southeast? The more you defend his incompetence,the more you sound stewpid.

Rubbish!!!

4 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Jakpon: 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
PEREP: . This is the Pettiness I keep talking about these APC guys.
You are a doofus.

A federal road under the administartion of a PDP government has been neglected and you are here blaming APC.

Where is the 2nd Niger bridge Gej promised you? Where is the onisha seaport? Even the Enugu airport that Gej built for you is now an eyesore

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting Today (photos) / Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) / Why Anambra, Enugu, Kogi Can’t Be Declared Oil Bearing States, By DPR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.