Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

“jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” (23040 Views)

Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos / Biafra Protest In Port Harcourt, Owerri, Aba, Enugu and the issue of food supply / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by feezy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister for Works and National Assembly.

2) Besides, has Okorocha finished constructing states roads in Imo?

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]
plss where can I get d dislike button

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by stunningjudy(f): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iykopee: From ubima via elele to boundary point between rivers and imo state was constructed by rivers state govt. why's rochas not doin anytin in his power to fix up imo part of the road just like amaechi?
U tuk d words outta my mouth. Due to dt bad road i get tired of travelling to both ph and owerri and d road hs bn lik dt for almost a year nw
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by StArusi: 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2014
Babymama1: By December they will pour konkiri on top

Rochas is talking as if he has repaired all the state roads in Imo
So other state governors repaired all d their state roads before their federal roads are given due attention. Talk reasonably and don't advertise stupidity here.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by meforyou1(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
davno: I'm apolitical and with all due respects GEJ should not remain at helm of affairs come 2015. I don't care if the next person is from PDP, APC, etc

This is a federal road we're talking about here!
and the good part of the road that starts from "welcome to rivers state" is a state road?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by adultiph: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
I am not a lair like you.I am not affiliated to any party like you.I am interested in people that are leading us.What I pointed out is the lie you always spread here.Ask people from Enugu state and Ebonyi state about the state of Enugu - Abakaliki road.You can't come here every time and spread lies as you like.I am very sure that you have not been to most part of south east.My work takes me across all the state in the south east and Asaba. .So i have been opportune to see how things are going.I am not you that sits in portharcourt and be commenting on issues in Imo,Anambra and other Eastern part of nigeria without actually knowing what is happening.
The truth is that the state of Owerri - portharcourt road is bad but Rochas has no moral justification to talk as Abia and Imo has the worst road network in the South east.

For your information,I am from Onuimo in Imo state and I am not accusing Rochas as you are insinuating rather I am stating the fact.If you move around Anambra,Enugu and even Ebonyi state(especially Anambra)you will see that Imo is not close in infrastructure development when compared with others.

I always read your twisted comments on nairaland but I decided to reply you today because you seem to be interested in condemning GEJ and promoting other failed politicians you are affiliated to.
I want you to always be fair in judging every body.

Our constructive criticisms is what is needed for this people to sit up for their work.Stop commenting on things you don't know about.
Is not must that you will always complain in every issue posted on nairaland.

abagoro:

Keep lying and deceiving yourself. The sooner Igbos start saying the truth the better for them. You are trying to justify the State of most federal roads in the Southeast by accusing Okorocha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Ryabcool(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Iykopee: From ubima via elele to boundary point between rivers and imo state was constructed by rivers state govt. why's rochas not doin anytin in his power to fix up imo part of the road just like amaechi?
well, the money Rivers receives and makes is way above the money Imo does. Amaechi can afford to, Rochas cannot.

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2014
adultiph: I am not a lair like you.I am not affiliated to any party like you.I am interested in people that are leading us.What I pointed out is the lie you always spread here.Ask people from Enugu state and Ebonyi state about the state of Enugu - Abakaliki road.You can't come here every time and spread lies as you like.I am very sure that you have not been to most part of south east.My work takes me across all the state in the south east and Asaba. .So i have been opportune to see how things are going.I am not you that sits in portharcourt and be commenting on issues in Imo,Anambra and other Eastern part of nigeria without actually knowing what is happening.
The truth is that the state of Owerri - portharcourt road is bad but Rochas has no moral justification to talk as Abia and Imo has the worst road network in the South east.

For your information,I am from Onuimo in Imo state and I am not accusing Rochas as you are insinuating rather I am stating the fact.If you move around Anambra,Enugu and even Ebonyi state(especially Anambra)you will see that Imo is not close in infrastructure development when compared with others.

I always read your twisted comments on nairaland but I decided to reply you today because you seem to be interested in condemning GEJ and promoting other failed politicians you are affiliated to.
I want you to always be fair in judging every body.

Our constructive criticisms is what is needed for this people to sit up for their work.Stop commenting on things you don't know about.
Is not must that you will always complain in every issue posted on nairaland.

Did you hear yourself speak? The bold comment is utterly silly! So if Rochas has no moral justification to speak about the bad roads in Imo,who then should speak on behalf of imo people who use the roads the most?

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by vanndubi: 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister of works and the National Assembly

What are u talking! Play politics with real people's lifes? Are taxpaying Nigerians expected to go on their knees and beg a government they supposedly elected to power before they can use Nigeria money,not their personal money, to put infrastructures in order?

I reported on this forum about the state of that section of the road sometime ago and someone on that thread said I just wanted to talk.

https://www.nairaland.com/1811718/pitiable-condition-port-harcourt-owerri

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Exodus2k(m): 8:10pm On Sep 11, 2014
If Govt under democracy Cannot construct good roads for the use of common man, what then can we gain from them?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
Any onye Igbo who votes for GEJ come 2015 is either politically naive or very insensitive. Let's be frank, what has GEJ done for the SE since 2011? All his completed projects have been in the North while his 'awaiting commissioning' or 'suspended projects' or 'proposed project on paper' is spread all over the SE.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, Ala-Igbo is liked a conquered territory to GEJ and there is no need trying to appease a people you've already conquered ''politically''. Do we have any Federal road this bad up North? Ndi-Igbo should wake up!! GEJ doesn't take us serious.

7 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kropelgrada(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
Wait is that someone's arm on the ground?
And no one seems to take note of that
Did that happen today?
That road has being like that for ages..
That is a Federal road and the Federal Government responsibility to do it.
So all you here blaming the state governor for the state of the road trying to score cheap points all in the name of politics should be aware of the fact that people are loosing their lives on that road.
It could happen to someone you know.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by InvertedHammer: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
/
And guess who is championing GEJ2015? Igbo people.

Even Gov. Obiano of APGA defied rainfall to go and campaign for GEJ when the latter has not even openly declared
his intention to contest.

Me? I no go join issues again in anything Igbo matter and Nigeria.

Let them do as dem please.

I don cross the bridge if e wan break, make e break.

\

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1696480_twimg-20140911-183711_jpegacdd68a67070c04cd244a00ffff13912[/img]

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by oneeast: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2014
U are a dreamer! As for voting GEJ is a done deal for the SE. Okorosha should not drag other SE states in his mess. He should go to Abuja and approach FG just like other SE govs are doing.

Opposition does not mean that u should be fighting FG. Imo state is the worst hit because their gov have decided to use their state as a fighting tool to the FG and that is why no FG project is ongoing in the state.

He should get busy with leading the state than jumping from one place to another.

rudedough: Any onye Igbo who votes for GEJ come 2015 is either politically naive or very insensitive. Let's be frank, what has GEJ done for the SE since 2011? All his completed projects have been in the North while his 'awaiting commissioning' or 'suspended projects' or 'proposed project on paper' is spread all over the SE.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, Ala-Igbo is liked a conquered territory to GEJ and there is no need trying to appease a people you've already conquered ''politically''. Do we have any Federal road this bad up North? Ndi-Igbo should wake up!! GEJ doesn't take us serious.
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by ENDTIMES: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
Some ignorant persons from that community, who had parked his car for 3 years because there is no road to come out will still vote for Jonathan to come bk in 2015 as president all in the name that he's from south.

Politicians have stolen the wealth of Nigerians to stupor and the sense of average Nigerians are in coma.

Guns couldn't wake them and neither have they blinked an eyelid with the bombs.

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 11, 2014
Propaganda. The road is being constructed from owerri towards the rivers state boundary. The reason the rivers end was finished was because they started construction from the boundary towards phc. The project is moving though at a slow pace...maybe due to paucity of funds
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
That Jonathan is a failure is no longer a "buzz". This is the kind of "transformation" you get when you pitch tent with a clueless fellow who is not fit to be a class Captain in a Primary school. Sadly, majority of his Zombies and sycophants called followers are from that part of Nigeria. We have a fraudster in Power that must be sent back home in 2015 or to Jail.
Kick out Jonathan 2015
Support APC
Be the Change Agent

2 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by MadCow1: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
Meanwhile...

Rivers State axis of that road is a super highway
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
nwanna89: Propaganda. The road is being constructed from owerri towards the rivers state boundary. The reason the rivers end was finished was because they started construction from the boundary towards phc. The project is moving though at a slow pace...maybe due to paucity of funds
O ye sycophant
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by mykel25(m): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
davno: I'm apolitical and with all due respects GEJ should not remain at helm of affairs come 2015. I don't care if the next person is from PDP, APC, etc

This is a federal road we're talking about here!
STFU can road be constructed during raining season..
over 50% ve bn completed b4 d raining season....tho it slow buh u can't blame GEJ
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
The Governors insulting me do not realise that their people will suffer for it- GEJ.

grin
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kropelgrada(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
oneeast: U are a dreamer! As for voting GEJ is a done deal for the SE. Okorosha should not drag other SE states in his mess. He should go to Abuja and approach FG just like other SE govs are doing.
Opposition does not mean that u should be fighting FG. Imo state is the worst hit because their gov have decided to use their state as a fighting tool to the FG and that is why no FG project is ongoing in the state.
He should get busy with leading the state than jumping from one place to another.
I want to agree with you but isn't the Federal Government taking their fight with Okorocha too far?
Denying the masses their fundamental rights because of political grievances is a little bit too extreme.
These are people's lives and source of livelihood that they are playing with here.

3 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
oneeast: U are a dreamer! As for voting GEJ is a done deal for the SE. Okorosha should not drag other SE states in his mess. He should go to Abuja and approach FG just like other SE govs are doing.

Thank you for telling us the real reason why Jonathan abandoned all the federal roads in Imo state. Need I remind you that ndi Imo voted massively for Jonathan and I don't see why Jonathan would deny those who voted for him the luxury to enjoy good federal roads in Imo state because Rochas is "fighting" him.

Use your brain please!

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kropelgrada(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
whatlyf: That Jonathan is a failure is no longer a "buzz". This is the kind of "transformation" you get when you pitch tent with a clueless fellow who is not fit to be a class Captain in a Primary school. Sadly, majority of his Zombies and sycophants called followers are from that part of Nigeria. We have a fraudster in Power that must be sent back home in 2015 or to Jail.
Kick out Jonathan 2015
Support APC
Be the Change Agent
Oh please shut up!!
Isn't this the reason you were banned here in the first place?
enigmaotr: The Governors insulting me do not realise that their people will suffer for it- GEJ.
grin

Did he really say that?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by adultiph: 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: Did you hear yourself speak? The bold comment is utterly silly! So if Rochas has no moral justification to speak about the bad roads in Imo,who then should speak on behalf of imo people who use the roads the most?

am not cut out for your insults because you will always support abagworo.birds of same feathers.as for your statement on rochas speaking for imo people,you are right only when he has the moral justification to do so.am done chatting with you as I am not a paid laptop agent like you guys.keep spreading your lies with abagworo.

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2014
obayaya:

FG should dash them query ASAP.
So you think they would abandon the work if they were paid?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
adultiph:

am not cut out for your insults because you will always support abagworo.birds of same feathers.as for your statement on rochas speaking for imo people, you are right only when he has the moral justification to do so. am done chatting with you as I am not a paid laptop agent like you guys.keep spreading your lies with abagworo.
you're still not making sense by repeating the same statement. What moral justification does he need to tell the FG to fix bad federal roads in imo state?
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Chillypelly(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
Goddex: [size=13pt] 1) Tell Okorocha to play his cards well. He should lobby like other governors do. He knows the way to the Minister of works and the National Assembly

2) The man needs to keep his polluted asss in Owerri and govern Imo. But nooo, he enjoys hosting APC rallies or attending APC meetings in other states.

Of what use was that birthday celeberation he organised recently for the national chairman of APC to Imolites?

3) By the way, has he finished constructing states roads in Imo?

3) GEJ completed the Onitsha - Owerri road and that road remains among the best in Nigeria today.

4) Many other roads have either been completed or being worked on in South East. I passed through the several kms Enugu - Abakaliki - Cameroon international expressway recently and it was such a wonder to behold.

5) Nigeria is a very large country with so many interstate highways requiring attention. A chunk of the resources that should be put on developing our infrastructure is spent fighting Boko Haram. Federal Ministry of Works budget for 2014 was a paltry 135b naira.

7) Those roads you mentioned will definitely be taken care of in future budgeting. Keep calm and trust GEJ.[/size]

In addition to the excellent response, you may dare to ask the running tap of Imo and vuvuzela governor to mention just 5 road pavements his administration has carried out that has not experienced structural failure 3 months after fresh construction has been carried out. Infact recently one of his deluded aide give a press statement alleging that some paid PDP agents pour acid on the failed portion of the road and of course trust Imolites he was carpeted for the statement. It is indeed painful that despite party differences most APC governors lobby and get projects approved for their states by way of political diplomacy and indirect bargaining unfortunately, same can not be said of the man in Imo. Ogun and Edo states are opposition states but enjoys Federal government presence more than some PDP states. Instead of engaging in progressive ventures that translates to projects attraction and funding he prefers gallivanting with the APC chairman spitting out unintelligent and provoking statements with Imo at the receiving end. Rochas Okorocha is the worst thing that has happened to Imo state in the recent past... I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by kropelgrada(m): 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
berem: Thank you for telling us the real reason why Jonathan abandoned all the federal roads in Imo state. Need I remind you that ndi Imo voted massively for Jonathan and I don't see why Jonathan would deny those who voted for him the luxury to enjoy good federal roads in Imo state because Rochas is "fighting" him.
Use your brain please!
He might not be far from the truth because i have also heard the same story from a reliable source.
When the cabals in the PDP wants to fight they fight dirty.
I guess it's the same strategy they are using for Imo State
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
kropelgrada:
Oh please shut up!!
Isn't this the reason you were banned here in the first place?

Did he really say that?
Go tell Your fad@ to shut up
Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2014

People like you are the reason why GEJ takes Ndi-Igbo for a ride. How does Okorocha's fight with the FG justify punnishing the entire state's citizens who use the road? How does Okorocha's choice to be in the oposition justify the neglect of developmental projects that willl benefit Imolites who elected GEJ into office? The same people he intends to seek their votes come 2015. Do we have to beg the FG before they do their job or don't imolites pay taxes?

Until we stop defending GEJ blindly and start criticizing his Government rigoriously like the Northerners do, he will be too comfortable to take us seriously.

5 Likes

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by clem305D(m): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
What does he know about good road construction...all the roads constructed by his administration gets dilapidated and decapitated few weeks after construction. So he better not join issues with GEJ and face his clueless APC rallies and deceit.

no offense...just an opinion undecided

1 Like

Re: “jonathan, The Port-harcourt – Owerri Express Road Is Deplorable” by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
kropelgrada:
He might not be far from the truth because i have also heard the same story from a reliable source.
When the cabals in the PDP wants to fight they fight dirty.
I guess it's the same strategy they are using for Imo State
so who suffers the dirty fight? Imo people who voted for jonathan or Rochas who is a sitting governor?
Am so ashamed some fools will still come and defend Jonathan for not fixing the bad federal roads in Imo state just because Rochas defected to APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / ‘More Chibok Girls Have Escaped’ - Daily Trust / Obidients Plan One Day Free Bus Service In Kaduna (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.