Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like (39883 Views)

WINDOWS 8 SUCCESSOR: Windows 10 Unveiled Instead Of Windows 9. / Microsoft Skips Windows 9, Jumps Straight To Windows 10 (pix) / Windows 9 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Akiika: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2014
Win. 8 is simply Win. dumb.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by piagetskinner(m): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows 8 is not too user friendly, unlike windows 7.. except 4 the colourful tiles,google chrome and all. it took me a while to master how to navigate round it...I hope windows 9 will be insanely cool
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by kallymore(m): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
When we want to talk about how good windows 8 is, we have to first consider windows 8.1, windows 8.1 to me is a function complaints launched by various user about windows 8. I think u can make windows 9 better by heading to the Microsoft site to comment about the functionality of of windows 8.1 and what u expect from windows 9. I believe one major thing that windows lack is the position of an administration being a super user (without tweaks or extra techy efforts). If u haven't used your windows 8 on a touch screen laptop, then u haven't used windows 8. But if you are a developer, windows is not for you, try Linux, if you are a Graphics designer please run to Mac OS X.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by mcpat(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Teach a nigerian 2 + 2= 4 then ask him/her to solve 2(4-3) + 2(8-5-2) and it becomes confusing.. Windows 8 is fast,sleek and cute. I dont know where this confusion is coming from

3 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by miketayo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
princeduke2013:

Jet Ko...Rocket ni...U need a serious whipping for ur comment..80 % of pple complained about a product..technology is suppose to make tthings easier..not harder for its users..Windows 8 still remains d worst Microsoft product till date. ..As a matter of fact...i use windows 8 very well but it's so boring and even d scroll screen makes me feel like not using my system most tyms..removing it soon sha

and u know 90% of we Africans don't follow instructions. For me win 8 is d easiest OS to work with the navigation part especially, moreover once u click d desktop icon win8 becomes win7 so why are people complaining angry. you said technology is suppose to make things easier, which is easier to use nokia 3310 or samsung s5 ? we are suppose to grow with technology not the other way round. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Olusanya333(m): 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
Richiy: I hope they make windows 9 easier to navigate because windows 8 can give frustration.
Not when u have a computer guru like me besides you
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by MostIncredibleDFirst: 5:53pm On Sep 12, 2014
mindworx:

You see what am saying? I think you are only a geek. Now i'll try you with this question:

You are a CEO of a non-technical organization. You have 50,000 employees, 30,000 use computers for their business processes, you have outsourced your IT infrastructure to an IT company.

Will you pay for 30,000 employees (non-technical) to be trained on Windows 8?
Will you continue with Windows 7?
Will you ask all your staff to go to Google and download how to use Windows 8?

Please answer those 3 questions. grin

Am a very busy man, so i dont spend much time on nairaland. This wil therefore be my last response on dis tread. Regarding ur question. Pls go back n read my comments carefully. First, dis is jet-age so i dont nid non-computer literates in my team. 2. Every computer literate who is used to any version of windows will definately consider windows 8 as the best, if only he has read d user's manual for W8- written in plain and simple english. 3. I'll expect my employees to be a brace wit industry standards, expecially if such does not really require any formal in-house training. It is expected of u to use few minutes (underline the word 'minutes' ) to read a product manual after purchasing same or after downloading same for free. Take note.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by eljanfortis(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lyk 2-3 months ago I was so crazy nd eager 2 get win8 nt until i checked google about it and saw d way pple complained bitterly even most europeans nd tech-analysts nd win9 was in d makin den to salvage the situation
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by ojsmscom(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
Why cant microsoft be consistence 4 once
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by darne(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows all the way,.. smiley
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by picklejuice(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows 8 is not that bad. If you are having problems navigating through programs, all you need to do is search for whichever program you want in the start menu. And also know where your desktop icon is on the start menu.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Wallade(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmmm! Based on personal experience: I prefer Windows 7 to Windows 8 because it is more friendly to users and less complicated to understand.
The success of any innovative technology is determined by the utility and level of acceptability by the public. There are so much complain about Windows 8 across the world but few appreciation, hence it can't be classified as generally acceptable. I think Microsoft realized the failure of Windows 8 hence the sudden development of Windows 9 and the exigent need to introduce it as a substitute for Windows 8.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by daveemuobo(m): 6:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
majority of those complaining of Windows 8 don't use their computer for serious stuff.They just turn it on and check through apps ,looking for what to-do on it and that's where Windows 7 is easier.
if you know what program you want to run, Windows 8 it's arguably the fastest and easiest way to get it done.

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by jibbish(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?
Ooshey jare... Dey will refuse to learn n re-learn...
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by swtdrms(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
I guess you guyz dont know the history of windows os, Microsoft hv always bn alternating btw good and bad os, from d days of dos, windows 95, 98, me e.t.c til wen we get to this generation of xp, vista, 7,8...they develop a bad os, improve on it in d next version, a little longer, new concept come up, they put up an os on dat concept (ds design wl hv issues) they develop new os to correct that...thats the way Microsoft OS hv always bn...i'v vowed neva to buy windows 8 cuz i know the correction of win8 wil soon be out, wen windows 9 is out, am picking that, else i stick with my windows 7.....lest i forget, it help microsoft keep in tune wil the latest trends in computing industry and ensures it maintain its position in the computing market cuoples with cash/revenue flow
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by OkekeChristian(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows XP has waxed out, but has a simple and easy to understand( and hack grin) GUI; Windows 7 improved, yet still easy to understand.

When Windows 8 came, the only problem with it was( and still is) its BSOD( and KERNEL ERROR too). Now I wonder what Windows 9 holds.

This is what you never have to face when you run Ubuntu

for those of you complaining about Win8, don't try Ubuntu! grin
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2014
I love Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. If people took the time to learn it they would find that navigating in the system is by far the fastest. Learn to use the search function to open your programmes. Windows 8/8.1 is a fantastic OS.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Fulaman198(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
daveemuobo: majority of those complaining of Windows 8 don't use their computer for serious stuff.They just turn it on and check through apps ,looking for what to-do on it and that's where Windows 7 is easier.
if you know what program you want to run, Windows 8 it's arguably the fastest and easiest way to get it done.

Absolutely
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Malawian(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2014
Abbey2sam: We have not even finished understanding window8 and they are bringing window9
\
grin grin you cant understand windows 8. i bought a new laptop 6 weeks ago, the first thing i did was format it with windows 7. no time.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 12, 2014
Windows 7 has been my favorite in the Windows Os family, and I've been on board since windows 95. I didn't even bother trying windows 8 even though it's boot time and speed is admirable. The mix between desktop and start screen was a bit abrupt and not quite intuitive for users that have are accustomed to desktop all their lives. From the look of things Microsoft has learned from the major mess that windows 8 is and windows 9 will be more interesting. Looking forward to its launch date.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Alexsmith20(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Not only you sir. I did all I could to get my head around windows 8 and it never just gets to stop confusing me. After a while I had to let go and go back to my good old windows 7.

Windows 9 should better be less complicated and confusing like the windows 8.
you shouldnt hv given up...just imagine if the programmers had given up they wouldnt have come up with windows 8 nd 9..what wont hurt you wont kill you.
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by daveemuobo(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
engrjidex: *Shake My Big Head*

Microsoft has been decieving since 199X.

***Changing the GUI (Graphical user interface) and leaving the (Backend) Codes used since Windows95. grin
SMH... have you ever coded before?
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by oneuniquemind(m): 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2014
at least if one doesn't work for u, u can always remove and instal a preferred OS. the power if choice
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by Dreambeat: 6:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
NifemiOlu: Wondering why some peeps are having issues with Windows 8, for me, it's super great...super cool. As for this Windows 9, all I can see is a combination of Windows 7+8.1. Is Microsoft trying to dull us?
Well said!
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by NifemiOlu(m): 6:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
jibbish: Ooshey jare... Dey will refuse to learn n re-learn...

Youths who are meant to take the country forward...but can't take themselves forward on Windows 8 cheesy That's why our leaders will always insist we are not ready to take control. smiley

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
sonnie10: Quick question guys. Who has been able to download google chrome on window 8 (8.1). Please let me know what you did. Thanks

I have from. I searched it on Google and I downloaded a very small file and on installation the actual file was installed straight from their server
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2014
MostIncredibleDFirst: you're very right. Windows 8.1 slows transition btw apps.

Don't misquote me, I've not had a problem with Windows 8

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2014
Anybody complaining of Windows 8 forgets that the world evolves and they should too. The earlier issue I had was that I was unable to play Halo 2, but I found a way to play it on Windows 8.1

1 Like

Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by funshyboi(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
tohero:

As for me, the painfull thing is that they have stopped support for XP. Though, I so much love win7 but I still do think XP is beta in som areas.
abi nau, no complexity in it at all
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by sniperwolf(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2014
mindworx:

You see what am saying? I think you are only a geek. Now i'll try you with this question:

You are a CEO of a non-technical organization. You have 50,000 employees, 30,000 use computers for their business processes, you have outsourced your IT infrastructure to an IT company.

Will you pay for 30,000 employees (non-technical) to be trained on Windows 8?
Will you continue with Windows 7?
Will you ask all your staff to go to Google and download how to use Windows 8?

Please answer those 3 questions. grin

Another dumb questions. If the 30,000 employees are using a BB Curve, Bold or and other old versions for business communication, due to advancement there was a need to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 or BlackBerry Z, will you send them for training on how to use the BlackBerry 10 or Z?

People are meant to adapt to advancement and change in technology
Re: Windows 9 Is Coming. This Is What It Looks Like by EbiJUNIRO(m): 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2014
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Common Uses Of Function Keys F1 To F12 On Your Computer Keyboard / Over 100 Computer Keyboard Shortcuts!!! / Come for Laptop screen replacement in our Abuja and Lagos store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.