Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,251 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . (1536 Views)

I Think I Got The Most Beautiful Girl Friend In The World (photos) / Share Your Experience With Room Mates Or Lovers Who SNORE / "I Slept With My Best Friend’s Husband" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2014
Ok...i haven't done this before....i hope to get some good advice 4rm my pals and people i respect here. As at now...am financially down....paying my room rent is kinda hectic for me...Now she opted that she wants us to live together...i should not bother about the rent she'd pay it...Now am confused...staying with her...wud it distract me academicaly...wud the best friend ish lead to something else nw dat we together...or shud i just let it slide...and reject the offer...is it really good for two friends(male nd female)...to live together...as roommates....my matured aunts and uncles....advice.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2014
Now, Who says punctuation doesn't matter in English .. cry

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Zehner(f): 5:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hehehehehehehe.....#c groove!

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by eyeview: 5:57pm On Sep 12, 2014
Very wrong on so many levels. Please reject it. Without even trying to educate you on how morally wrong it is,I know as a young man,your hormones will probably start rushing at the thought of such offer, but as a young man I advice you maintain some dignity and self respect by maintaining some respectable distance from her.
Besides,there are many guys around you who get financially down,you don't see them living off a female student.
Being a man comes with some dignity.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 5:58pm On Sep 12, 2014
TrollMan: Now, Who says punctuation doesn't matter in English .. cry
it matters....buh at least u got d point

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by nzeobi(m): 6:01pm On Sep 12, 2014
Familiarity breeds contempt.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by ITbomb(m): 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2014
I don't think it will distract you, rather you would have peace of mind as some critical areas of your school life are taken care of.

If you and the girl are mature, you can handle it

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2014
Thanks man...i opened this thread to get words...from people like u
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
eyeview: Very wrong on so many levels. Please reject it. Without even trying to educate you on how morally wrong it is,I know as a young man,your hormones will probably start rushing at the thought of such offer, but as a young man I advice you maintain some dignity and self respect by maintaining some respectable distance from her.
Besides,there are many guys around you who get financially down,you don't see them living off a female student.
Being a man comes with some dignity.
ok ma'aam...thanks for the advice.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Baddo101(m): 6:11pm On Sep 12, 2014
I guess its not proper but if u want to catch fun living couples life i.e "free Bleep etc" carrygo...
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by valmunich(m): 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Must everything be brought to nairaland?
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by 1one: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
Young man... I know you want to say Yes and accept the offer but please save your hormones, your pride and your CGPA the stress.. I would like to believe there are other ways to fix your accommodation problem.. Just imagine if she had Ebola Virus... Would you still think she was your only possible option.?

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 6:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
valmunich: Must everything be brought to nairaland?
have asked couple of my friends nd they ve said their minds..just wanna get one or two opinions here.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chibwike(m): 6:18pm On Sep 12, 2014
1one: Young man... I know you want to say Yes and accept the offer but please save your hormones, your pride and your CGPA the stress.. I would like to believe there are other ways to fix your accommodation problem.. Just imagine if she had Ebola Virus... Would you still think she was your only possible option.?
thats she paying the rent..or that am living with a girl
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by farano(f): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Someone is about to get married grin Congrats in advance cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by 1one: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
chibwike: thats she paying the rent..or that am living with a girl

Is there any difference
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by yungchop: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
chibwike: Ok...i haven't done this before....i hope to get some good advice 4rm my pals and people i respect here. As at now...am financially down....paying my room rent is kinda hectic for me...Now she opted that she wants us to live together...i should not bother about the rent she'd pay it...Now am confused...staying with her...wud it distract me academicaly...wud the best friend ish lead to something else nw dat we together...or shud i just let it slide...and reject the offer...is it really good for two friends(male nd female)...to live together...as roommates....my matured aunts and uncles....advice.
don't live with her!! Cos there will be intimacy, if there won't she won't nurse that idea of living with you, shey be una dey see every day abi?? Good! Its now left to you, you want intimacy?? Then live with her vice versa smiley
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
I blame APC angry

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Tymax(m): 7:25pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmmm. Things, I MEAN, THINGS shocked will happen in that room. You no be small boy. Are you prepared?

Throughout my uni days, I never saw a trial marriage that actually worked out. Too much drama. It's just too fake. Marriage privileges without legal protection for the parties involved.

One of you is going to become an unbearable parasite.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by ITbomb(m): 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Guy to be sincere with you this is going beyond the matter of who is paying the house rent.

Search for a thread about cohabitation, it went through about 15 pages, go through it and get insight about what you might expect. Expect some dramas but like I said before, if the two of you are mature, you can handle it cos I did

Let me give you a head start
www.nairaland.com/1867141/male-female-students-living-same
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 12, 2014
Don't even try it else u will find ur self fantasizing about her at a time u are suppose to be reading
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2014
U wil surely regret it, i promise u it won't en well. U knw wat advice 2 take if u wanna b honest wit ursef bt if u tink nottin intimate wil hapen,u dey decieve ursef & dts d beginin of ur series of regrets
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by chidekings(m): 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
op it is
Morally wrong
Mannally wrong
Religously wrong
Pride-ly wrong
and finally it saps u of all ur respect.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by jideomowunmi(f): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2014

Thought I was d only one ooo... winkIt took me hrs to be able to put d words together sef... cheesy cheesy...
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by jideomowunmi(f): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2014

Thought I was d only one ooo...it took me like almost forever to be able to finish d right up... cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by kingDRIS(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2014
bro, live with her for 2 weeks.
if its ok, continue
and besides I think she is giving u greenlight for an intimate relationship
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by SkinnyDude(m): 6:03am On Sep 13, 2014
i hate it man. i hate insult. i cant even live with my fellow guy, talk more of a girl. she'll start seeing you as a burden, thus resulting to insults and neglecting.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by ITbomb(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2014
SkinnyDude: i hate it man. i hate insult. i cant even live with my fellow guy, talk more of a girl. she'll start seeing you as a burden, thus resulting to insults and neglecting.
If you can't even live with your fellow guy then consider it a personal and serious problem you are having not a question of living with a girl
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by SkinnyDude(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
ITbomb:
If you can't even live with your fellow guy then consider it a personal and serious problem you are having not a question of living with a girl
a personal problem indeed. i lack tolerance and get tired of people easily. i really want to stop that life.
any solution?
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by tayoxx(m): 8:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hmmm no try am o
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by whao: 11:37am On Sep 14, 2014
I have a question for you @op! Let's say your sister comes and seek for your advice that she wanna live with her boyfriend cos' she had no money for rent anymore;
What will be your advice to her?

I am sure you will tell her to go and sell some fruits or sachet water to make some money, or visit uncle or anty bla bla bla so raise the money for her rent.

Do you know what? Infact! You are NOT serious cos' I dnt expect such question from you.

The answer to your question is ................ Body nobi wood unless u wan mak pikinsssss wey u no dey prepared for am.

Keep off and be a man. That is not an excuse, remember real men don't say their mini problems to women for solution but try harder to fill the licking space in their problem. So fill you licking rent problem and stop complaining.
Re: Advice Needed: My Best Friend In School Wants Me To Be Room Mates With Her . by dlex21(m): 3:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
Well except u r very desperate... And u av absolutely no other choice... Don't even think about it...Yoruba people will say "o lewu ooo". Even if u do it, be on the lookout for a better place and to think that the girl will pay Na trap bros!! Better set-up!!

Last bullet: If there is any little misunderstanding between u 2, Nairaland, her friends, ur friends, pple who don't know u guys and even America will know what she did for u grin

(1) (Reply)

Men; Nine (9) Secrets Womennever Tell You [MUST READ] / I Like Her, But She Doesn't Like Me / Ladies What Numbers Do You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.