Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Open Dialogue With APC Progressives - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Dialogue With APC Progressives (12579 Views)

Fayose With APC Members At The Burial Of His Uncle (Photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
AlabaBoss:

You are in the same age bracket as Ngwakwe so I think this is just witch-hunting on your part.

Anambra adigo mma cool cool cool

You know nothing about me or my age so kindly keep shut

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Younevajam: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Give a attack-dogs an inch today, they'll ask for a mile tomorrow. We'll see how it unfolds.

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Genius100: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
First Seun,

Why is it that you almost always appoint clearly partisan moderators? I can't think of a more silly way to run a forum. There are more than a few reasonable people you can appoint but you choose to go for an appointment policy that inherently unleashes chaos.

Second, your actions make it glaringly obvious that you definitely lean PDP/ GEJ. You are quick to place news that portray PDP/GEJ in a good light on the front page but very reluctantly do the same for stories that dis favors PDP/GEJ or favors APC. This must change. You should make public the decision making process for what is put on the front page.

Third, you are very quick to crack down on APC supporters when they "allegedly" break the rules but refuse to operate with the same kind of urgency and ferocity when it comes to PDP supporters. This must change.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
egift: Seun, do see the suggestion on Nairaland Rule 22:

Suggestion: Addition To Nairaland's Rule - Number 22
https://www.nairaland.com/1901333/suggestion-addition-nairalands-rule-number

An glad Nairaland/Nigeria is moving forward.
Thank you for your suggestion. This more of a community issue than a political issue, so let us set it aside for now and remain focused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Brahms(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: barcanista was originally banned for not coperating with the admin which is a violation of rule 20, which says:
"20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect."

The admin who is the highest authority on Nairaland asked Nairaland members to report their grievances to the moderators using the Mail Mods feature or to the Supermods using the Mail Supermods feature, in order to resolve a serious situation. barcanista refused to cooperate with that and that's why he was banned. When he came back, he lied that he was banned for a "non-existing reason" which is false information. Rule 8.

So the only condition under which such a person will be unbanned is if the person promises to start cooperating and stop posting false info.

@Bold: That rule is not applicable here. Ngwakwe is a GEJ Supporter, Fact! How do you expect an Anti-GEJ to cooperate with him? How do I respect someone that doesn't see anything wrong in GEJ led government? Even the infamous Sincere9gerian faults GEJ sometimes.. though he does that a cunny way.

Maybe you should tell us what/how he refused to cooperate with him.

Good Job tho.. Mr. Seun.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Matthewbriggs(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2014
@ Seun I have this feeling you are under pressure to take this steps, like you've been secretly threatened by another data loss by some group of people. That is a very sad position to be. Been at the mercy of a particular set of people is really unfortunate.

I might be wrong ... I hope and pray the wisdom and grace to handle this challenge be unto you.

14 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Younevajam: Give a attack-dogs an inch today, they'll ask for a mile tomorrow. We'll see how it unfolds.
We will not accept any continued violation of our rules. We won't become any party's tool. But we will address all cases of apparent unfairness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

very poor decision to pacify those who will do nothing than to have you wrapped around their fingers.

Ngwakwe has always been a victim of slander right from the word go and i see no reason why he should be handicapped simply because a park of hateful and vengeful people said so.

Watch as they go further to demand your head before they can be fully appeased . . . . .
Can you justify Ngwakwe's handing a ban that lasts till 2134, if I'm not mistaking on Odinma1 aka AlabaBoss?
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by arresa: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms:

Seun please kindly bring that thread back to where it rightly belong.. POLITICS. Thank you.

The negative Lagos debt thread that stayed on the front page for days wasn't placed there by accident and the positive one about Lagos state wasn't trashed and buried by accident so I really don't expect them to address this issue fairly with this disingenuous exercise thread.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by AlabaBoss: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun

Stop being paranoid, I am almost 100% certain that no APC member/s will contemplate on hacking your site. The mere suggestion that APC could do such a thing is preposterous, I think it is time you read between the lines and stop listening to dimwits like Kint. He is just an attention seeker and an aging poverty stricken man.

I have heard claims that your site was hacked just after APC lost the Ekiti Elections, while the timing might seem coincidental with the hacking of your site. I will also like to remind you that a big argument was going on in the travel section between some Dubai based man who allegedly duped some ladies. They put all his details and pictures up and he threatened to shut NL down and that same day NL went offline. For me, that is a more plausible source of the problems you encountered.

APC members might not like the ways your MODs and yourself treat them but what will they gain by destroying the very medium by which they could use in pushing their message across to the public.

APC does not want to hack your site, they want to elevate the level of debate and they want a level playing field.

Anambra Adigo mma cool cool cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine: Seun, if Ngwakwe has been redeployed then the highly biased partisan Mynd44 should also suffer same fate . . . .
Mynd44 is a supermod.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by AlabaBoss: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

You know nothing about me or my age so kindly keep shut

You think?

Well then you have no right to call me foolish Jmaine.

Anambra adigo Mma cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Can you justify Ngwakwe's handing a ban that lasts till 2134, if I'm not mistaking on Odinma1 aka AlabaBoss?

Am an advocate of such no nonsense bans against consistent nuisances operating with reckless abandon.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Mynd44 is a supermod.

So ?
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by arresa: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2014
AlabaBoss: Seun

Stop being paranoid, I am almost 100% certain that no APC member/s will contemplate on hacking your site. The mere suggestion that APC could do such a thing is preposterous, I think it is time you read between the lines and stop listening to dimwits like Kint. He is just an attention seeker and an aging poverty stricken man.

I have heard claims that your site was hacked just after APC lost the Ekiti Elections, while the timing might seem coincidental with the hacking of your site. I will also like to remind you that a big argument was going on in the travel section between some Dubai based man who allegedly duped some ladies. They put all his details and pictures up and he threatened to shut NL down and that same day NL went offline. For me, that is a more plausible source of the problems you encountered.

APC members might not like the ways your MODs and yourself treat them but what will they gain by destroying the very medium by which they could use in pushing their message across to the public.

APC does not want to hack your site, they want to elevate the level of debate and they want a level playing field.

The greatest threat as far as NL is concerned are the ignorant and unintelligent trolls that derail threads all over the place with their stupidity and offensive tribal nonsense. This is why we can not get into intelligent political discussions.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Brahms(m): 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2014

Exactly, just like every other social media, Nairaland should be a Medium to reach those in Power.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2014
AlabaBoss:

You think?

Well then you have no right to call me foolish Jmaine.

Anambra adigo Mma cool cool

Yes i have full rights to address foolishness wherever and whenver i see it . . . . . No apologies
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by thwarrior72: 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Djicemob: See this one feeling important.For your mind seun dey beg una? LOL.He is simply calling ya'll to order.We are matured,we need to behave ourselves.
Don't mind them, I don't know what give them the moral that they will control/manipulate seun in his own site? undecided

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Brahms: @Bold: That rule is not applicable here. Ngwakwe is a GEJ Supporter, Fact! How do you expect an Anti-GEJ to cooperate with him?
It was me he refused to cooperate with. I said any complaints should be reported to mods or supermods and even promised to ban all violators.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by arewanationz: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
omerta: You are wise! Seun alleged some APC supporters hacked this site. A very huge allegation that should be a source of worry to every common sense bearing individual, anf it has been overlooked/ ignored.

On what basis was the allegation made? The Ekiti state election loss? Seun, as a webmaster should know hacking a site isn't easy and can't be done within a few hours, yet he he still went ahead to tag it as "perfect timing".

If NgeneUkwenu and Brahms wouldn't take offence to that, well I would. What sort of nonsense is that?
Does he think he is addressing a group of _retards that would rejoice at his so-called 'reconciliation' that looks more like an amnesty plan? Mtchew!

As long as Shao Khan continues to hold on to the believe that APC hacked his site, he would definitely see all APC supporters as his enemies.

This claim should be investigated.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Matthewbriggs: @ Seun I have this feeling you are under pressure to take this steps, like you've been secretly threatened by another data loss by some group of people. That is a very sad position to be. Been at the mercy of a particular set of people is really unfortunate.

I might be wrong ... I hope and pray the wisdom and grace to handle this challenge be unto you.

sentiments shared . . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by AlabaBoss: 4:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
jmaine:

Yes i have full rights to address foolishness wherever and whenver i see it . . . . . No apologies

I never requested for your apology. I was merely stating my position to you.

You sound very angry. I am not the one that took the decision to positively engage with APC- Seun made that call. If it is having an adverse effect on your life and perhaps your source of livelihood, please go and take it up with him.

Thanks.

Anambra adigo mma cheesy cheesy cool cool cool

4 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: We'll be impartial. We'll serve no party but the party of the common man who wants to be ruled by the best people regardless of their parties.

barcanista was banned for lying against us. He said that he was banned for a non-existing reason and we don't ban people for such reasons.
Why not post the reason for the "ban"? You are a pathetic fellow my friend. Are you some emperor or what?
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by egift(m): 4:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
emiye: Seun believes APC supporters were involved in the hacking of nairaland. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It was a lie pushed by some PDP supporters to cover the fact that the Data Loss deleted all the failed responses of this administration on Chibok girls and the entire #BringBackOurGirls campaign on Niaraland. God dey.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by jmaine: 4:50pm On Sep 13, 2014
AlabaBoss:

I never requested for your apology. I was merely stating my position to you.

You sound very angry. I am not the one that took the decision to positively engage with APC- Seun made that call. If it is having an adverse effect on your life and perhaps your source of livelihood, please go and take it up with him.

Thanks.

Anambra adigo mma cheesy cheesy cool cool cool

Am not interested in whatever emotional deductions you feel you have some insight about, and am really not interested in your orgassmic mien so far on this thread.

I addressed Seun and not you, so am wondering what's your grouse with them

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
Matthewbriggs: @ Seun I have this feeling you are under pressure to take this steps, like you've been secretly threatened by another data loss by some group of people. That is a very sad position to be. Been at the mercy of a particular set of people is really unfortunate.

So they've moved from terrorising Nigerians with Boko Haram and making Nigeria ungovernable to also making NL ungovernable?

9 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Gbawe1: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2014

That is indeed a good description of Tomakid. An attention-seeking agbaya who looks rather hungry and needy. Suggesting, without any evidence whatsoever, that APC supporters are trying to hack Nairaland is ludicrous. Seun only needs to concern himself with providing a neutral discussion forum for passionate posters.

We know Seun has his affiliations and bias but it is plain wrong for PDP supporters to be cajoling him to take sides even to the extent of azzlicking sycophants openly asking him to proscribe APC supporters because they assume Seun is their PDP 'Alaye' here. Throughout the world, processes are strengthened if passionately and rigorously contested, opposed and supported. PDP and APC fans do not need to like each other but we should tolerate and respect each other while ensuring we try to argue our position with facts always or as much as possible.

2 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by MizzD: 4:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
branen:

You should be happy and grateful that I take out my precious time to interact with the youths!

-CramJones

LMAO grin grin grin
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by ShehuAba(m): 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun, you are trying to solve a problem and you are creating more. Why will you again suggest that APC supporters hacked nairaland. That's a very grave and unacceptable accusation.
Look into that too.
Then, you should unban the likes of Gbawe, Barcanista, etc. who were unjustly banned. This is the right step in the right direction.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by omenka(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
When people say "pride goes before a fall", they know exactly what they are talking about!!

I couldn't care less if the Admin apologised or not. Words out of the mouth are like shots fired from a gun; you can't take them back!! I believe the admin was in total control of his elements when he created that thread. Now sh*t his hit the fan and he's making some half hearted peace overtures.

Like I said in that thread where he made that ill thought out statement, I totally lost the respect I had for him that day!!!
Why did he have to wait till this day before issuing that
highly conceited apology and creating a dialogue thread?? Why didn't he apologise right away after taking down the thread that day despite the protest of APC supporters??

Whatever it is, this changes absolutely nothing in the way
I view issues as regards the administration of this forum.

Long live APC.
Long live Nigeria.
Long live Nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Genius100: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: barcanista was originally banned for not coperating with the admin which is a violation of rule 20, which says:
"20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect."

The admin who is the highest authority on Nairaland asked Nairaland members to report their grievances to the moderators using the Mail Mods feature or to the Supermods using the Mail Supermods feature, in order to resolve a serious situation. barcanista refused to cooperate with that and that's why he was banned. When he came back, he lied that he was banned for a "non-existing reason" which is false information. Rule 8.

So the only condition under which such a person will be unbanned is if the person promises to start cooperating and stop posting false info.

Common dude, this is obviously a silly and nebulous rule. Anything can be termed as not cooperating with moderators. You have people inciting tribal hatred day in day out, and they are not banned. And people are banned for not cooperating or refuting the accounts of a moderator? This is obviously a case of ignoring leprosy to cure dandruff

3 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by EdCure: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
Ishilove:
O ma ga ke shocked
So people take Nairaland this seriously?? shocked

It's humans with flesh, blood and passions that post on Nairaland. Forget that at your own risks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

120 PDP Governorship Aspirants Pick Forms, 12 Jostle For Presidency / Adeseye Ogunlewe Dumps PDP For APC / Crush Boko Haram, ISWAP Terrorists Before 2023 - Buhari Tells Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.