Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Open Dialogue With APC Progressives - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Dialogue With APC Progressives (12578 Views)

Fayose With APC Members At The Burial Of His Uncle (Photos) / Heavy Rain in TBS , Surulere Stadium that brooms cant sweep, God Angry With APC? / Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Go Down)

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by ShehuAba(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So they've moved from terrorising Nigerians with Boko Haram and making Nigeria ungovernable to also making NL ungovernable?

Seun look at what this man said. He deserved to be banned, for Rule No 8.
How does he know that APC is terrorizing Nigeria?
Is this not a blackmail against the APC?

12 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: barcanista was originally banned for not coperating with the admin which is a violation of rule 20, which says:
"20. Please cooperate with the moderators, super-moderators, and administrator. Treat them with respect."

The admin who is the highest authority on Nairaland asked Nairaland members to report their grievances to the moderators using the Mail Mods feature or to the Supermods using the Mail Supermods feature, in order to resolve a serious situation. barcanista refused to cooperate with that and that's why he was banned. When he came back, he lied that he was banned for a "non-existing reason" which is false information. Rule 8.

So the only condition under which such a person will be unbanned is if the person promises to start cooperating and stop posting false info.
Seun Barcanista was banned because You and your team removed a thread on PDP's TAN Chieftain alleged Subsidy fraud, he opened a thread to ask WHY the closure, your supermod Mukina2 Apologised and restored the Thread. You seun banned me afterwards. I maintained and still maintain that it was a Ridiculous ban, you went ahead and ban barcanista handle for 1month. You also banned whatlyf for 10years Seun.
I expected you to apologise but you want it the other way round. Forget about any apology because you won't get. I lost confidence in the neutrality of Nairaland management long ago but I kept going.

@arewanationz you are so correct my friend

2 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Olaone1: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
Booking space na ni

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
Genius100:

Common dude, this is obviously a silly and nebulous rule. Anything can be termed as not cooperating with moderators. You have people inciting tribal hatred day in day out, and they are not banned. And people are banned for not cooperating or refuting the accounts of a moderator? This is obviously a case of ignoring leprosy to cure dandruff
Imagine what his ridiculous reason is. He wants barcanista to be bvttlicking him and massaging his "ego" lol. Very funny dude!!!!

What a clown

2 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by maasoap(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun:
Before we start processing your demands, the other APC warriors should please confirm that you are their contact person on Nairaland.

Sure. We will do this.

We do not believe that we have unjustifiably imprisoned anyone. If we did, then it must have been a mistake. Let us discuss each case openly.

Good suggestion. Some of the mods on the Politics section have not been active. The supermods have been doing all the work. This is bad.

Can the other APC progressives please confirm that Mr. Ngene Ukwenu is their chief contact person on Nairaland? What is his official position?
I don't know that this guy can descend so low. What a pity?
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
arewanationz:

I see he is beggining to shift his grounds.... For now? But after the discussions, what next?
He has made it clear how much disdain he has for APC and his allegiance for PDP which he shouldn't have done as an admin.

I don't expect the nairaland emperor to allow folks like bacanista continue to torment and give his beloved party sleepness nights on his beloved forum.

Let's just watch and see how much progress can be made from this discussion, but I doubt if there would be any.
Imagine his "reason" for the barcanista ban. One thing I know is that the voice of the opposition can't be suppressed whether in the mainstream or on nairaland forum
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by cirmuell(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian: This is taking partiality to a whole new level. Why would Seun set out to please only the supporters of APC to the extent of moving hardworking moderators? Does that mean the supporters of other political parties do not also have grievances? This does not make sense and might end up as a very costly mistake. Anyway, I wish you all goodluck!
I made reference to something like this. He does his wishes though.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Genius100: First Seun,
Why is it that you almost always appoint clearly partisan moderators? I can't think of a more silly way to run a forum.
We generally appoint people who spend a lot of time in the sections they are to moderate. In the case of Politics, they tend to be partisan. All the people who are not clearly pro-PDP are clearly pro-APC. It's difficult to find people who care about Politics a lot and have no bias.

Second, your actions make it glaringly obvious that you definitely lean PDP/ GEJ.
I am not so much pro-GEJ as I am pro freedom of speech, because Nairalanders will always criticize and insult any government in power. If certain people that are trying to get into power through APC are criticized the way President Jonathan is criticized, we will all be in trouble.

That's not why I might be seen doing things perceived as pro-PDP. E.g. banning trolls who happen to be APC members or posting threads that happen to be in support of the Nigerian Army or Nigerian Government. I do these things to correct my moderating team's unintentional bias.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 5:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
maasoap: I don't know that this guy can descend so low. What a pity?
He is simply not ready for dialogue. His own dialogue is...
"Hey APC I am a good "daddy" but you kids must behave" grin
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Rawani: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
I commend Seun for taking this step as it has defused to an extent, rising tension on this forum due to his dictatorial tendencies. Talk, however is cheap, we want to see a manifestation of this repentance in the form of a clear and evident balance of topics that make it to the FP. Banning of offending members, while indispensable, must be done equitably as there is nothing that gives a semblance of bias like giving different treatments to the same offence.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Gbawe1: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
ShehuAba: Seun, you are trying to solve a problem and you are creating more. Why will you again suggest that APC supporters hacked nairaland. That's a very grave and unacceptable accusation.
Look into that too.
Then, you should unban the likes of Gbawe, Barcanista, etc. who were unjustly banned. This is the right step in the right direction.

Bro, my ban is even weird because no one explained why I was banned or what rule I contravened. All I did, on a thread similar to this, was post a direct response to Seun telling him, very much in the spirit of the problem-solving amicability going on here, to curtail the bias and partisanship against APC supporters and their threads. Next thing I know, I was banned with a message saying I should try to post "in a few hours". Yet a few hours is now several days.

Personally, that sort of thing does not bother me but Seun, if a sincere chap genuinely devoted to wiping the slate clean, should simply be fair from this point on. The easiest thing to do in life is let to reject tolerance and give in to hating others who are 'different' in one way of the other. That is the cause of the majority of the problem the world faces. Yet, life is more rewarding if one fights prejudice and adopt the 'live and let live' ethos. I can never advocate for pro-APC favouritism here because PDP fans are way too unintelligent to be a match for us progressives anyway wink wink wink I enjoy tormenting the dimwits. smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Djicemob: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun, you are the most lenient admin of a forum that i've ever seen.

See comments directed at you abeg! Some not even upto to your AGE not to talk of other criterias are here throwing insults at you. SMH.

7 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by deeobserver209(m): 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So they've moved from terrorising Nigerians with Boko Haram and making Nigeria ungovernable to also making NL ungovernable?
Only God knows what they have planned next.

5 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun:
We generally appoint people who spend a lot of time in the sections they are to moderate. In the case of Politics, they tend to be partisan. All the people who are not clearly pro-PDP are clearly pro-APC. It's difficult to find people who care about Politics a lot and have no bias.

I am not so much pro-GEJ as I am pro freedom of speech, because Nairalanders will always criticize and insult any government in power. If certain people that are trying to get into power through APC are criticized the way President Jonathan is criticized, we will all be in trouble.

But that's not why I might be seen doing things perceived as pro-PDP. E.g. banning trolls who happen to be APC members or posting threads that happen to be in support of the Nigerian Army or Nigerian Government. I do these things to correct my moderating team's unintentional bias.
That settles it
Cc: gbawe1 ngeneukwenu arewanationz kwankwasiyya berem orlandoowoh alababoss cramjones etc
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by omenka(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: Dear APC Progressives,

I know you're unhappy about some things that you consider to be unfair. Why not let's discuss this issue openly, since we're reasonable adults?

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Actions Taken So Far:
1) I have posted an apology for mistakenly suggesting that APC fans support Boko Haram when in fact they don't.
2) Cramjones has been unbanned and will surely remain free as long as he continues to obey the rules of the forum.
3) Ngwakwe has been removed as a moderator of the Politics section but we will also remove other partisan mods.
Can you see what we are talking about?? You are feigning remorse when in fact you don't regret what you did!! How could you say you apologise when you are reluctant to completely own up to your misdeeds??

What you wrote up there should read: "I have posted an apology for suggesting that APC fans support Boko Haram when in fact they don't". Saying "mistakenly" is completely inappropriate and doesn't suggest you indeed regret your action!

There's a very thin line between self esteem and pride. You need to locate that line and work on yourself.

13 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Davo93(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
Good to be here at this time. I have also noted recently the aggressive and continued cry of the supporters of the All Progressives Congress(APC)/anti-Jonathan here on Nairaland. It is a good thing that the admin is finally calling for a Referendum or better still call it a forum to discuss what the bone of contention is.

I just have one thing to say for now. Be careful not to solve their problems partially thinking all is well. One person coming forth who claim to be the representative of the Nairaland APC may not be the true representation.
Let there be massive endorsement of him/her as the true voice else, you will not be addressing them as a whole.

Remember, do not just accede to any silly demand with the hope of satisfying a group. You should understand the issue here involves the Janjawe£ds and Cankerworms. Any decision you take to address their grievances without concrete reason(s) may spring the other ones to agitate too.

I also read with utmost dismay that the recent attempt on Nairaland to bring it down is allegedly linked to the APC pros. If this is true...

Happy Deliberations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by cirmuell(m): 5:16pm On Sep 13, 2014
thwarrior72: I don't wanna say what is on my mind concerning this seun of a guy, anyways he can do whatever he want to do with his site, It's his business......He who plays the piper dictates the tune
Pay(s) angry
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
Mr. Seun Osewa, kindly unban Lagbake and neena. The owner of the two monikers have left nairaland because of your high handedness. Kindly unban her please!

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by EdCure: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2014
AlabaBoss:

I never requested for your apology. I was merely stating my position to you.

You sound very angry. I am not the one that took the decision to positively engage with APC- Seun made that call. If it is having an adverse effect on your life and perhaps your source of livelihood, please go and take it up with him.

Thanks.

Anambra adigo mma cheesy cheesy cool cool cool
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Gbawe1: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2014
Djicemob: Seun, you are the most lenient admin of a forum that i've ever seen.

See comments directed at you abeg! Some not even upto to your AGE not to talk of other criterias are here throwing insults at you. SMH.

What would you know given your backward mentality? Mr.Man, we are all adults here and no one is here to prostrate for any 'elder' or kowtow to ageism. You are probably used to policeman beating you publicly only for you to turn around and thank them for not maiming you. Why will you not suggest those in Seun's position should be arrogant and untouchable? I don't back mindless insults against Seun but he is not beyond correction or above criticism.

9 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by omenka(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
bacca2: That settles it
Cc: gbawe1 ngeneukwenu arewanationz kwankwasiyya berem orlandoowoh alababoss cramjones etc
You see how he gives himself a headshot?? It is so damn hard for him to conceal his bias. I lost my respect for him since the day he created that thread and don't think anything will ever change that. We had better accept things the way they stand on the forum and not expect any changes. He is who he is and we are who we are. End of story.

5 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2014
bacca2: Seun Barcanista was banned because You and your team removed a thread on PDP's TAN Chieftain alleged Subsidy fraud, he opened a thread to ask WHY the closure, your supermod Mukina2 Apologised and restored the Thread. You seun banned me afterwards. I maintained and still maintain that it was a Ridiculous ban, you went ahead and ban barcanista handle for 1month. You also banned whatlyf for 10years Seun.
I expected you to apologise but you want it the other way round. Forget about any apology because you won't get. I lost confidence in the neutrality of Nairaland management long ago but I kept going.

@arewanationz you are so correct my friend
It is not surprising that you are defending barcanista and insisting that he did no wrong since you are barcanista. The directive was to contact mods directly if you have any complaints instead of posting threads that cause situations to spin out of control but you did not obey it. And you have disobeyed another rule by creating a second account. Your party supports the enforcement of law & order, so pls learn to obey rules.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by omerta(f): 5:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun, I think Elder Ngwakwe should be moved to religion section. He'll be good there. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
cirmuell: I made reference to something like this. He does his wishes though.
Yea because it is clearly my wish to unban people I banned with my own fingers. Pls stop saying these sorts of things.
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Instead of removing Ngwakwe,why not remove ikenna who does not contribute anything in politics section? angry

4 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by maasoap(m): 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Gbawe1:

Bro, my ban is even weird because no one explained why I was banned or what rule I contravened. All I did, on a thread similar to this, was post a direct response to Seun telling him, very much in the spirit of the problem-solving amicability going on here, to curtail the bias and partisanship against APC supporters and their threads. Next thing I know, I was banned with a message saying I should try to post "in a few hours". Yet a few hours is now several days.

Personally, that sort of thing does not bother me but Seun, if a sincere chap genuinely devoted to wiping the slate clean, should simply be fair from this point on. The easiest thing to do in life is let to reject tolerance and give in to hating others who are 'different' in one way of the other. That is the cause of the majority of the problem the world faces. Yet, life is more rewarding if one fights prejudice and adopt the 'live and let live' ethos. I can never advocate for pro-APC favouritism here because PDP fans are way too unintelligent to be a match for us progressives anyway wink wink wink I enjoy tormenting the dimwits. smiley smiley
Can't people who have financial muscle and have rich knowledge of computer and technology come together and create a new platform that can rival this useless forum where the owner has become a partisian politician. This guy called Seun has been compromised by the PDP, I swear. He is a capitalist, he goes where money is. He worships one thing and that's money. Imagine, calling APC members and supporters APC warriors. Imagine someone post "janjaweeeid" and the next you see in its place is "APC". Why would a sensible person referred to APC supporters as Boko Haram supporters? APC supporters that cut across the 6 regions! I don't know that Boko Haram has this kind of large support base. Seun is corrupt, Seun is sick. You just have to go through his apology thread, there is no iota of sincerity in it. Somebody should give us new version of Nairaland, I will be happy to see this guy pack up so that he can join the pack of Petroleum Subsidy Scammers.

5 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun: My point of view is that we have rules, and when you break the rules, you should be banned. We cannot have order if we tolerate rule-breaking. As progressives, I'm sure we can agree on this. Where would Lagos be today if Governor Fashola did not insist that all laws must be enforced?
Rules and regulations are there to be obeyed and every law breaker must be treated equally but that's not your case. You've been so biased and unfavourable towards supporters of APC which is not fair enough from my own perspective. Treat everyone equally and we can be friends with you again.
Best regards.

3 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun:
It is not surprising that you are defending barcanista and insisting that he did no wrong since you are barcanista. The directive was to contact mods directly if you have any complaints instead of posting threads that cause situations to spin out of control but you did not obey it. And you have disobeyed another rule by creating a secondaccount. Your party supports the enforcement of law and order, so pls learn to obey rules.
For real i still dont know why you have not punished/ban Sincere9gerian. Is that your alternate handle? Sorry for asking this question because he is blatantly calling APC the boko haram terrorists. Are you saying you dont know the effect of his propaganda all this while? You should tune in to nigeria info 92.3 and see what they say against this propaganda on your site, in a subtle way.

9 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
diluminati:
For real i still dont know why you have not punished/ban Sincere9gerian. Is that your alternate handle? Sorry for asking this question because he is blatantly calling APC the boko haram terrorists. Are you saying you dont know the effect of his propaganda all this while? You should tune in to nigeria info 92.3 and see what they say against this propaganda on your site, in a subtle way.
It could be because I do not monitor his posts and nobody reported him to me or the supermods using the proper channels. Why not do that?
Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by bacca2: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun:
It is not surprising that you are defending barcanista and insisting that he did no wrong since you are barcanista. The directive was to contact mods directly if you have any complaints instead of posting threads that cause situations to spin out of control but you did not obey it. And you have disobeyed another rule by creating a secondaccount. Your party supports the enforcement of law and order, so pls learn to obey rules.
in otherwords you will ban bacca2? Hahahaha
Bro, you have the floor. But let me tell you...
1. I refused to pm mod because of the alleged bias which made me lost confidence.
2. In saner climes you will work towards building confidence and changing perception
3. You are supposed to engage me directly or through a subordinate to explain such "rule" or offence because it sounds laughable.
4. You banning bacca2 will further cause embarrassment to you.
5. You cannot GAG me to silence.
6. I will not be an Agent to your fall if you decide to because I wish you well

1 Like

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 13, 2014
Seun:
Before we start processing your demands, the other APC warriors should please confirm that you are their contact person on Nairaland.

And please stop this! APC SUPPORTERS are not Warriors! what prompt you to use that word at the start? Or are you managing alternate handles that have propagated the e-warrior mentality?

3 Likes

Re: Open Dialogue With APC Progressives by anago18(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
my own grievance with you is your undiluted hatred for the yoruba nation, i don't really care about the apc but you seems to hold a personal vendetta against the yoruba nation seun. your recent clampdown on picture posting is hypocritical, cos for more than 6 months chino and his band of igbo tribalists have been posting fake pictures of yoruba posters, we went underground on them dug out there real pictures, that was when admin remember that it is an offense to post pictures

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15)

PHOTOS: Kano Deputy Governor Gawuna Resumes Office / Buhari Saved Nigeria From Embarrassment By Suspending Onnoghen –Tony Momoh / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.