Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] (18317 Views)

Tips On How To Survive "All My Friends Are Getting Married" / I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am not a good writter,so I stand to be corrected!
I got home earlier today from work and I saw my lil sis glowing again after suffering from a bad breakup..

...I remember vividly early this year,middle January to be precise,I got a call from ilorin where I grew up that my pretty sister was in the hospital!I was told she fainted,and the first thing that came to my mind was" she don SWALLOW!" ..I had to rush down the following saturday to see her,'coz my mom said she wasn't talking to no one!

Fastforward to ilorin..I saw my sister lying on the sickbed,looking so pale and ugly !WHatttttt!what happen
Alas,she just broke up with her boyfriend of 3yrs and 4months...it was so had for me to believe,'coz no one would ever believe the love birds could seperate!
I called the guy immediately and demanded to know why he did that to my cutie pie!

He replied bluntly that,he was no longer interested because my sis use to cover her bosoms and some parts of her body during intimacy!Whatttttttt shocked

Is it now a crime to be a good/shy girlhe said he needed a crazy bitch. for a girlfriend not one holy Maria!toh!

I had to take my sis down to Lagos two days later!she just graduated from school,waiting to go for her youth service..the first thing I did was introduce her to nairaland,which she enjoys a lot!followed by the following tips

1.Cry all you want. Let the tears flow, it's healthy you are releasing grief and pain. You may be afraid to start because you're fearful you'll never stop, but you will.

2.Do something everyday to help yourself heal. Exercise, read, watch some self-help TV/DVD's, learn to meditate and never underestimate the power of positive prayer. Pick things that you know will be fun or beneficial and do them. Don't wait for the mood to come over you, take one action and then take another.

3.Find emotional support. There are numerous groups for the newly single (more for women than for men). If you want therapy, go to www.therapistfinder.com to find a licensed marriage and family therapist in your area. Just don't try to tough it out or go it alone, support from others is healing, even if those people never become close friends.

4.Don't be a doormat. If your soon-to-be-ex continues to call you or simply won't go away (or move out) tell them you can't heal with them around and ask them to keep their distance. If they are harassing or threatening you it is best to call law enforcement for information and advice.

5.Keep busy. If you wake up early take a walk, go out to breakfast or do something around the house. Try a little "retail therapy" (go shopping) or enjoy the decadence of going to a movie in the middle of the day. Many businesses allow their staff to take "mental health days" if needed. If you can't sleep do the crossword puzzle, read or watch TV. Don't sit in your room and ruminate, you have to free your mind so your heart can heal.

6.Don't try to mask your pain by trying to find a replacement. We all know the term "rebound relationship" these happen when we (unconsciously) use another person to fill the gap that's been created by the ending of a relationship. These transitional connections can feel healing in the short term, but if you don't process your pain appropriately you will not be able to be in a fully committed partnership.

7.Don't spend too much time alone. Hang out with friends or make new ones, go to coffee with someone you can talk to, volunteer in your community. You will need time alone, but if you isolate yourself you won't be able to fully process your feelings or get the support you need to heal.

8.Trust your feelings. Even if you were taken by surprise by the breakup, your inner voice is telling you something. Listen carefully and you will hear that it will all be OK. You just have to let your feelings guide you.

9. If you were friends with your ex's family, realize that this relationship is gone as well. They will find it awkward to continue seeing you, no matter how close you were to them.

10.Research. Find out what others, who have not just survived but thrived after their relationships ended did to achieve peace of mind. There are some great books on surviving a breakup, my favorite is "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" by Peter McWilliams. This little gem will give you insight, exercises and some sage advice for dealing with this heart wrenching issue.

Trust that you were not put here to suffer and that your live will not just be OK, it will be wonderful. Love will come again and next time, if you have truly processed your feelings, it will be much better. Having to work through some alone time doesn't need to be totally painful. Remember that even though change is mandatory, suffering is optional.

I am so glad I could help after 8months..
If you are ,or once suffered from a bad breakup,those tips helps a lot!
Best of luck! wink

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by watchthisposter(m): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
Op change topic to "10 tips to survive a breakup(for girls)"

10 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
watchthisposter: Op change topic to "10 tips to survive a breakup(for girls)"

Hian becoz na una keep breaking dem hearts!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by dre11(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
I had a breakup with mah past .....
Is this methodology applicable to me to on how to survive that break up too

Ur answer will be needed cool
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by watchthisposter(m): 5:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
nikkypearl:

Hian becoz na una keep breaking dem hearts!

Sorry, but most times the girls are usually the ones most emotionally invested in a relationship.

However, most of your tips won't really cut it for most guys.

Cry? Join an "emotional support group"? Are you serious?

Me I just recommend some good old rebound sex! grin cool

Works for most guys. We're not that complicated. wink

4 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by djeezy(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
Without those tips are you going to die? lol@ survive. Anyway nice thread. I'm out.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Fargbaba: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
@op..why was your sister covering here bosoms naa,she fuckup well well grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
nikkypearl. refer your younger sis to me. i do therapy for both the old and the young. even if you do cover anything, just come as you are.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
djeezy: Without those tips are you going to die? lol@ survive. Anyway nice thread. I'm out.

Tnkss!

But come back here!we're u dey go
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
krall: nikkypearl. refer your younger sis to me. i do therapy for both the old and the young. even if you do cover anything, just come as you are.

If I hear

Sori we don do fine guys in family tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by djeezy(m): 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
nikkypearl:

Tnkss!

But come back here!we're u dey go
Okay I'm back. There's a thread here that says girls become relationship experts after a heartbreak. Is there anything you're not telling me?

16 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
djeezy: Okay I'm back. There's a thread here that says girls become relationship experts after a heartbreak. Is there anything you're not telling me?

Naaa na naaa!talking from my sis 's experience!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by djeezy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
nikkypearl:

Naaa na naaa!talking from my sis 's experience!
ohw I see. Proceed I'm intrigued. You don't have an experience?

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by jmoore(m): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Get a superglue or aradite and mend your heart that has been broken.
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 7:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
jmoore: Get a superglue or aradite and mend your heart that has been broken.

4wat naa ?
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Elkewwty(f): 7:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
Yeye dey smell

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 9:07am On Sep 16, 2014
Elkewwty: Yeye dey smell

Really!

My dear mods!

I c unna wella!una do good! wink
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Fargbaba: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2014
^^lol..
The write up is great,but I fink it is too lenghty for nairalanders! I hope yo humble request will be granted!naughty girl grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by valmunich(m): 9:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Seems your sister is too fragile

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by ffo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
op, are you sure its not SISTER?? just saying..
or maybe its you. tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
valmunich: Seems your sister is too fragile

Sure! She is
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2014
ffo: op, are you sure its not SISTER?? just saying..
or maybe its you. tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin!I don marry ,born sef!
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by valmunich(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Sure! She is
Tell her she just earned herself one secret admirer grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by watchthisposter(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

grin!I don marry ,born sef!

Whaaaat!? shocked

OK, I am officially moving your name from the folder labelled "hot chics" to the folder "MILFs" wink

3 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
I come from a family of strong people, breakups don't hurt badly. Shit happens anyway

We lost our dad some years back and the same year (3weeks later), sister got the news that her boyfriend of 3yrs was getting married.
She accepted her fate and moved on..
Just last month she tied the knot with a rich business tycoon. (Aku na takasi 1) grin

So that it didn't work out with a particular person does not mean it won't work out with another.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Donfamous(m): 5:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
I've never seen anybody dying of heart break

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Crixina(f): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
watchthisposter:

Sorry, but most times the girls are usually the ones most emotionally invested in a relationship.

However, most of your tips won't really cut it for most guys.

Cry? Join an "emotional support group"? Are you serious?

Me I just recommend some good old rebound sex! grin cool

Works for most guys. We're not that complicated. wink
you are annoyingly right.
Sometimes I wish women were less complicated.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2014
watchthisposter:

Whaaaat!? shocked

OK, I am officially moving your name from the folder labelled "hot chics" to the folder "MILFs" wink

Wc folder mbok shocked

Tnkss
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Crixina: you are annoyingly right.

Its easier said than done!
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
Crixina: you are annoyingly right.

Its easier said than done!
valmunich:
Tell her she just earned herself one secret admirer grin

shocked we don't do fine guys in our family grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by eemalex(m): 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
11. You will hear right after Uefa Champions League

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Quick Signs You Need To Move On / 5 Reasons Not To Sleep With A Virgin / Why Do Girls Bring Strange Pregnancies To Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.