Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] (18307 Views)

Tips On How To Survive "All My Friends Are Getting Married" / I Caught My Sister's Husband In A Club With Another Ladyy / Pleas Help!!! My Sister Husband Is Asking Me Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 8:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
preciousjoz1: "my
sis use to cover her bosoms and some parts of her body during
intimacy" I stopped reading after I saw this,we are not some primary two kids?tell us what your sister did or better still find a better lie:was she sleeping around?don't be shy just spit it or keep whatever ur sister did!

Chill nau! Trust me,not all girls are whores!nd definitely she is not one!
She is 25yrs and u called that a kid? I give up!

Iamoilprince:
Touching story! Please what's her username on nairaland ?

Huh? Yeye dey smell grin
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 8:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
zicoraads: My inner being keeps telling me you are that sister...come to me and i'll mend ya broken heart grin

nikkypearl...the truth is that most guys dont really like the 'churchy' and 'gentle' kinda ladies for girlfriends. Wives? Probably. Who wants a rship that is dull and no fun? undecided

Krazy gurls over quiet ones any day, any time. grin

Lolzzz

U got the perfect picture of the scene!
He told me,he love crazy girls!after 3yrs oo!
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Afrok(m): 8:46pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hmmm... I think with time heartbreak will heal, coz if U don't survive the heartbeat, u'll never get the opportunity to break another persons heart.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Heycube(m): 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
Heartbreak is not a virus/disease, it happens evryday:\ Don't just let it weigh u down bcus dis life is sweet like Strawberry...

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Calculux95: 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Hello bro
hey nikky, earlier u said ur married wit a kid/ kids, I knw ppl generally do nt ask ladies deir age, but I'm curioux hw old re u

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by HARDDON: 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by sulmeza(m): 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2014
3cycle: I come from a family of strong people, breakups don't hurt badly. Shit happens anyway

We lost our dad some years back and the same year (3weeks later), sister got the news that her boyfriend of 3yrs was getting married.
She accepted her fate and moved on..
Just last month she tied the knot with a rich business tycoon. (Aku na takasi 1) grin

So that it didn't work out with a particular person does not mean it won't work out with another.
ehya...m touched,i rili am...bst of luck in lyf

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by valmunich(m): 9:07pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Its easier said than done!

shocked we don't do fine guys in our family grin
This girl don cut my liver finish

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by HARDDON: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
there r guys that break up with u, do all these and much more, u can't still survive. U see dear OP, we r like viruses our only cure lies within us.

we r likened unto a lost mobile-office ride, every moment of ur life, u dash out to get something there in, only to remember its gone! ouch!

treat u so good, too good. spin our web all over ur world, u go wondering each day if this could be real.

u see, we know the highest point ur regular average guys can go for u, we therefore make it a point of order to go 4 bars above that.

we don't know what it feels like for gurls to wano break up with us, we try also , not to kill anybody cos if we break up with anyone, itz usually suicidal. we just deploy time and a lil space per time.

Finally, best survival tip for d average regular guys, give them good sound regular banging, they'd easily move on...... cheap crack heads. lol

then for d ladies, d easiest way to survive n move on , is to hook up with a guy like us( 100% upgrade Verzion of that Buffon that broke up with her). she would go regretting why she wasted her time with him in d first place !

D.goD have spoken!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by seagullbabz(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
I had a bad break-up 3years ago, I didn't cry but I wasn't myself for a while. I used to be wit diffrnt girls before I met her and fell for her, and we clicked off, I was into her a lot when we broke up. It affected me a lot and it was then I understood what I had made some girls go through. So For 3years now I av respected the feelings of girls......but my healing process wasn't good then, coz I had to use sme girls to cure the ish...

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2014
Calculux95: hey nikky, earlier u said ur married wit a kid/ kids, I knw ppl generally do nt ask ladies deir age, but I'm curioux hw old re u

Eh eh!choi!c question?

I earlier said my sis is 25yrs,I have 2younger bro,so u can guess!

Btw yo user name is caculux naa!so u don't need to ask sef! tongue
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Kajiang02(m): 9:30pm On Sep 16, 2014
Different people got various methods they heal.
I know time do heal everything though.
You got some nice tips worth sharing and I'm sure it'll be a therapy for those going through this.
How old is the lady in question?

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
sameer1212: hw r u today? hope u r gud ait?

Sure!tnks sire
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by priscaoge(f): 9:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Oh dear!are u a victim or a victor ? grin
Both my deargringrin
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by HARDDON: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
zicoraads:
nikkypearl...the truth is that most guys dont really like the 'churchy' and 'gentle' kinda ladies for girlfriends. Wives? Probably. Who wants a rship that is dull and no fun? undecided

Krazy gurls over quiet ones any day, any time. grin

dah fvq did I just read?

u haven't met a very good gentle,quiet gurl yet!

they are like a raging storm in d b.room !

a lot r ladies out there , wh0res in here! d day u meet one, u r married! lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Sure!tnks sire
u r wlcom. great oga for me ooo,telan say hn dey try weh weh because i can c it frm ur dp.

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by spanzed(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
kikilove: i was so surprised to see this topic.because am lying down here just thinking about how I would survive after breaking up with my bf tonight.thanks op
take the Op advise...it seems u must really be in love with dis guy dat word 'survive'means a lot.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Iamoilprince(m): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
nikkypearl:

Chill nau! Trust me,not all girls are whores!nd definitely she is not one!
She is 25yrs and u called that a kid? I give up!

Huh? Yeye dey smell grin

I aint joking! Pls help me with her username. Or bbm or whatsapp! Plssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by nikkypearl(f): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
kikilove: i was so surprised to see this topic.because am lying down here just thinking about how I would survive after breaking up with my bf tonight.thanks op

Uwelcum swit@..u will surely survive ok?

Always remember "Whatever will be; will be"

Iamoilprince:
I aint joking! Pls help me with her
username. Or bbm or whatsapp! Plssssssssssss

grin nawa o!
abegi na sleep sure pass now!

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by eminex(m): 10:21pm On Sep 16, 2014
undecided
I only know tips for avoiding heartbreak after breakup
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by sagio09: 10:54pm On Sep 16, 2014
Please I need the step by step sequential ways on how to break a heart.please help.Very much.
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by henderson06(m): 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2014
am suffering from heartbreak/breakup the only antidote is to find someone else
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
is this your sister still single? i think i will like to meet her. we are alike
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by 100Cents: 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
Fargbaba: @op..why was your sister covering here bosoms naa,she fuckup well well grin

Sagging things...

1 Like

Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by satowind(m): 12:09am On Sep 17, 2014
nikkypearl: I am not a good writter,so I stand to be corrected!
I got home earlier today from work and I saw my lil sis glowing again after suffering from a bad breakup..

...I remember vividly early this year,middle January to be precise,I got a call from ilorin where I grew up that my pretty sister was in the hospital!I was told she fainted,and the first thing that came to my mind was" she don SWALLOW!" ..I had to rush down the following saturday to see her,'coz my mom said she wasn't talking to no one!

Fastforward to ilorin..I saw my sister lying on the sickbed,looking so pale and ugly !WHatttttt!what happen
Alas,she just broke up with her boyfriend of 3yrs and 4months...it was so had for me to believe,'coz no one would ever believe the love birds could seperate!
I called the guy immediately and demanded to know why he did that to my cutie pie!

He replied bluntly that,he was no longer interested because my sis use to cover her bosoms and some parts of her body during intimacy!Whatttttttt shocked

Is it now a crime to be a good/shy girlhe said he needed a crazy bitch. for a girlfriend not one holy Maria!toh!

I had to take my sis down to Lagos two days later!she just graduated from school,waiting to go for her youth service..the first thing I did was introduce her to nairaland,which she enjoys a lot!followed by the following tips

1.Cry all you want. Let the tears flow, it's healthy you are releasing grief and pain. You may be afraid to start because you're fearful you'll never stop, but you will.

2.Do something everyday to help yourself heal. Exercise, read, watch some self-help TV/DVD's, learn to meditate and never underestimate the power of positive prayer. Pick things that you know will be fun or beneficial and do them. Don't wait for the mood to come over you, take one action and then take another.

3.Find emotional support. There are numerous groups for the newly single (more for women than for men). If you want therapy, go to www.therapistfinder.com to find a licensed marriage and family therapist in your area. Just don't try to tough it out or go it alone, support from others is healing, even if those people never become close friends.

4.Don't be a doormat. If your soon-to-be-ex continues to call you or simply won't go away (or move out) tell them you can't heal with them around and ask them to keep their distance. If they are harassing or threatening you it is best to call law enforcement for information and advice.

5.Keep busy. If you wake up early take a walk, go out to breakfast or do something around the house. Try a little "retail therapy" (go shopping) or enjoy the decadence of going to a movie in the middle of the day. Many businesses allow their staff to take "mental health days" if needed. If you can't sleep do the crossword puzzle, read or watch TV. Don't sit in your room and ruminate, you have to free your mind so your heart can heal.

6.Don't try to mask your pain by trying to find a replacement. We all know the term "rebound relationship" these happen when we (unconsciously) use another person to fill the gap that's been created by the ending of a relationship. These transitional connections can feel healing in the short term, but if you don't process your pain appropriately you will not be able to be in a fully committed partnership.

7.Don't spend too much time alone. Hang out with friends or make new ones, go to coffee with someone you can talk to, volunteer in your community. You will need time alone, but if you isolate yourself you won't be able to fully process your feelings or get the support you need to heal.

8.Trust your feelings. Even if you were taken by surprise by the breakup, your inner voice is telling you something. Listen carefully and you will hear that it will all be OK. You just have to let your feelings guide you.

9. If you were friends with your ex's family, realize that this relationship is gone as well. They will find it awkward to continue seeing you, no matter how close you were to them.

10.Research. Find out what others, who have not just survived but thrived after their relationships ended did to achieve peace of mind. There are some great books on surviving a breakup, my favorite is "How to Survive the Loss of a Love" by Peter McWilliams. This little gem will give you insight, exercises and some sage advice for dealing with this heart wrenching issue.

Trust that you were not put here to suffer and that your live will not just be OK, it will be wonderful. Love will come again and next time, if you have truly processed your feelings, it will be much better. Having to work through some alone time doesn't need to be totally painful. Remember that even though change is mandatory, suffering is optional.

I am so glad I could help after 8months..
If you are ,or once suffered from a bad breakup,those tips helps a lot!
Best of luck! wink
Truth be told ur sister no sabi wash pipe dat why de guy left. A gal dat can't completely pull off will find it hard to do de crazy stuffz.
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by chinemerem26(m): 12:10am On Sep 17, 2014
Nawaooo... dis ur sis self. how u go give person butter n tea wen u hav bread with you. How my babe go cover her boobs wen having sex with me.
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by tellwisdom: 12:13am On Sep 17, 2014
But why is she covering her flat breàst?? sad
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by emmymdk: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2014
Singing in Olamides voice "story for the Gods"...
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by tainot2002(m): 5:35am On Sep 17, 2014
╭───────────────╮
┃_______● ══____⊙°° │
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃███████████████┃
┃ ΞΞΞΞΞ ( ○ )ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ|
╰───────────────╯
Gift to all group members
Iphone 6

Will add the charger very soon
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Youngpo413: 6:04am On Sep 17, 2014
Donfamous: I've never seen anybody dying of heart break

not physically sha,but most are dead emotionally.
Re: 10 Tips To Survive A Break-up[My sister survived it] by Youngpo413: 6:07am On Sep 17, 2014
nikkypearl:

Its easier said than done!

shocked we don't do fine guys in our family grin

na ugly guys una dey do?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Quick Signs You Need To Move On / How Can One Just Stop Loving And Having Emotional Attachments / The Best Way To Say 'No' To The Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.