Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,525 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:15 PM

Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here (15367 Views)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? / Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
Lizabeth:

*Sick* undecided undecided

Some people are not worth it. Just ignore them and let them continue 'yapping'. I am sure Aisha2 chose to ignore as well kiss

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by iykedare(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2014
jennykadry:

Some people are not worth it. Just ignore them and let them continue 'yapping'. I am sure Aisha2 chose to ignore as well kiss

its good that u can advice your disciples. I m happy that they must listen to you.Afterall,your pay their men monthly allowances.
sex starved woman

5 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by onstelly(f): 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2014
Chillisauce:

Not a crime to be single . It's the time for you to relax and enjoy yourself because when you are married. It won't be all about you again.
What are you doing. Go register for a training that would boost your career. After that, in the evening go for a drink with friends or alone. Eat shawama, drink some good red wine. By the time you get home, you sleep like a baby till the next morning .

If you are religious, then go to your worship center.

Be yourself, when the right one comes, you will know
However, study yourself wella. If you naturally uptight , you have to release your self and let go some things. The way you are single will also reflect on you when married.

If you are just going to church for the sake of looking good in human eyes, forget it. It's not gonna work. Discover yourself and find your path.
Thanks s much, sometimes the only thing on my mind is how to make money. I know when the time is right, the right person will come

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 26, 2014
jennykadry:

Am actually taking notes so I can know never to raise such uncouth and rude child.
It's how he was raised, what a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by iykedare(m): 8:50am On Sep 26, 2014
aisha2:

Am actually taking notes so I can know never to raise such uncouth and rude child.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by tymsplash: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2014
nwapastor: I actually started this thread for single ladies who are single and depressed. I wanted them to offload, share their experiences and also get encouraged by those of us who have been there but are no longer there. Not just because we are married or engaged but because we have realized that there is more to life than being single or married. Believe me I know what it's like to be single, depressed and lonely. I also know what it's like to take charge of one's life, have a focus, pursue it and get it irrespective of marital status. Hence I started the thread with my not so good experiences but I guess the way most of us criticized and talked down on such people made them not to show up. It's okay. It's also good to know that there are lots of single ladies with positive mindset. Whichever way I'm sure someone somewhere has learnt something. Life is about what you can offer, if you have the right stuff in you the world will stand still for you your marital status notwithstanding. Thank you.

I understand your intentions, negative comments in here did not encourage some ppl like me share experience. Take it or leave it all that the op shared here happens and its not like we feel like lossers cos we are single buh it would have been nice to hear from other experience and know we r not alone in this and then get positive ideas on how to deal with it. Come on now, its just like wen u married folks share ur marital bliss and challenges. LET THE THREAD BE AND DON'T CONTRIBUTE IF U DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT[color=#006600][/color]

4 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
rofemiguwa: Op I perfectly understand how it feels like.
In my case its soo annoying when my interns call me my first name just because am d only single one there. You nid to see the way they almost bow when greeting my married colleague.
This are children that shud be in js3 when I did my internship
It annoys the heck outta me

I jus ignore them till they put miss. In front before I attend to their need.

Is it the society, everybody keeps asking u want u do with money since you are not married. As if single babes don't have need too.
Moreso why tell me how to spend money you didn't help me get!
Mtchewwwww.

Then everybody asking u when are we eating rice as if they don't cook rice in their house.

Telling u how to live your life so u don't chase the men away,don't buy that car, marry first, don't pack to a big house marry first,haa! U want get phd who go marry u?

Ur friends cutting u off when dy marry!! They no get gist for u anymore! That one still dey pain me die!
Its a crzy society out here!!
Abegi!!! It takes the grace not to slap the devil outta some nosy fellows.

Anyway thank God am engaged now!
Lemme do n give them rice to eat n rest !
Den look for anoda single gal to torment like dy did me!!b
Hehehehe#jus kidding#
lolz,abi give them.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2014
aisha2:

LMAO . Tell me about it. That particular one is an attention seeker and a stalker. If the shema1e is not in the travel section stalking, the shema1e is here continuing from it stopped. Some people are not worth my gra gra. I just ignore those ones that are not worth it and focus on other interesting people... and like a bee the shema1e never disappoints....it flies away. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2014
tymsplash:
I understand your intentions, negative comments in here did not encourage some ppl like me share experience. Take it or leave it all that the op shared here happens and its not like we feel like lossers cos we are single buh it would have been nice to hear from other experience and know we r not alone in this and then get positive ideas on how to deal with it. Come on now, its just like wen u married folks share ur marital bliss and challenges. LET THE THREAD BE AND DON'T CONTRIBUTE IF U DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT[color=#006600][/color]
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by chikeorji123(m): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2014
nwapastor: Thanks to all who have been keeping this thread going with their meaningful contribution. @ Spicykev thanks for sharing. I have a question for the men in the house: please can you share some of the things that can make you never to propose to a lady. Maybe someone can learn from you and shorten her single days by amending her ways if need be. But then I must add that what might look like a weakness in one might be a strength in another. I know of someone who dropped out of school because the man that proposed to her told her that if she continued going to school he will not marry her cos all the girls in higher institutions are prostitutes. The girl dropped from school and got married. I also know of another lady that continued going to school up to PhD level and people were telling her that she might not find husband cos she has gone to school too much and men will be scared of marrying her, but she too is no longer single.

Well as a brother side of it,number one is PRIDE because nothing good will ever comes of such lady it's will hinder you so many good things even from GOD.Another one is Seduction dress and excessive makeups it's make u look vulnerable and fake!.

Thank u..

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by bennyrazz: 9:35am On Sep 28, 2014
interesting thread grin

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 28, 2014
May your husbands locate you this year. Amen.

Anyone that answers amen will marry before January. Don't ask me how. Just believe.

When it happens, remember to pay your three month tithe to me.

Pls avoid all the rofo rofos. Your instincts will guard you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by fpeter(f): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2014
Being single is not a curse but then as every other thing there must be a time frame
I don't want to remain single at 35 due to several reasons and topmost is my love for
kids,legal and sinless coupling. Being single and a Christian there are a lot of things you
cannot do unless married. Initially i was okay being single but when the clock started to
tick,i begin dey reason the matter o(LOL)..first things first i armed myself with a job,applied for
MBA just to better myself and broaden my horizon. I got closer to God,more involved in my
spiritual life so i could think clearly and be more prayerful, God would never reward HIS own
with the devil's advocate so it's best you pray more as a single person...lastly as a Christian
i took tithing seriously and i began to sow seeds towards my marriage,i prayed as though my
life depended on it...i made declarations,studied the scriptures,claimed God's promises and all
the blessings,I met my husband and we married a few months back without stress...be encouraged smiley

6 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by yvonnejoe(f): 8:39am On Oct 04, 2014
I seriously wish dia wud b a maybe group 4 single ladies cos I fink av seen it all n marriage is far 4rm my agenda now, no offence 2 sistas getting married or dos already married. , congrats y'all buh m done hoping. wan just follow d advice of IMPROVE ON YOURSELF.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
Thank you all for contributing. I think this thread is getting better by the day. Please keep sharing, we are learning.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Agrika: 7:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
coogar:

a picture says a thousand words. i have about 50 bachelor friends waiting to get hitched too. if you upload your pics here, you never know - your prayers might be answered right this moment.

i hope you are not a witch though. cheesy
Hehehehe,
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Agrika: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
jennykadry:

I tried to be nice when Coogar was making ''fun'' of her, I even rooted for her when she mentioned she is still a virgin until I saw through her old and wrinkled post. cheesy. Then I decided to derail the thread a little bit. Do you know how depressing this thread will be for the single ones with a good young heart unlike the OP who is .....let me comment my reservoir here and not complete that line. :X

I refuse to let this insecure OP further depress the good single ones. Where on earth are my yekini derailuway crew? grin
SHUT DA EFF UP, Wetin dey do u sef
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Agrika: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
Most people won't understand what the o.p is saying or how she feels unless you have once been on the "that" side...the society is ruthless to single unmarried girls wey don "overipe" for marriage...u are basically reduced to more or less a second-class citizen, in your place of work, your junior married colleagues feel you should accord them more "respect" since dem wear ring u never wear...for family meeting u no get mouth talk, for ur neighbourhood na ur matter all those housewives and teenage girls wey never see life dey carry do evening gist etc...I have an aunt who got married at the age of 55! if she begin dey tell u her story u sef go begin dey cry...my advise to all the singles who want to get married (cos is nt everyone that is interested in the institution) is to embrace a positive attitude and always see the brighter side of life...the world didn't end because u didn't get married and it won't end even if u decide to marry tomorrow...people will always talk...if you do dem go say u do...if u no do dem go say why u no do...u can't please everybody....and another thing if only you know how most married women envy you eh...u go triple your inyanga...u have the liberty to dress as you please...travel to places u please..., study to what level you please etc...I dnt know about others but sometimes I feel this marriage issue is just over-rated...so my angels cheer up is not the end of the world.

5 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 4:41am On Dec 25, 2014
This is to wish all NLanders especially those of us in diaspora @ the moment and all that viewed or commented on this thread Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2015. I miss my country especially my family.

I think you should also know that my fiance called me up to say he was no longer interested in the relationship. ALL IS WELL.

I will still invite you for my wedding with the right man in God's time.

Enjoy......

4 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Kentnickole(m): 5:14am On Dec 25, 2014
nwapastor:
This is to wish all NLanders especially those of us in diaspora @ the moment and all that viewed or commented on this thread Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2015. I miss my country especially my family.

I think you should also know that my fiance called me up to say he was no longer interested in the relationship. ALL IS WELL.

Enjoy......

Merry christmas! Am so sorry for wat happend. Permit me to send u a PM...

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by mirob(f): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2014
It's well my dear, take it as one of those things, you are not the First Lady to experience this and you won't be the last, just dust up ur butt and move on; the right one will definitely come along.
Happy Xmas @Nwapastor.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by breadplanets(f): 11:58am On Dec 25, 2014
Nwapastor just start thanking and praising God wherever you are. He has done a great thing in your life which u dont know now. On the 26th of dec last yr my guy gave me a hilarious excuse why our marriage will not hold. I cried my heart out and told my friends i was going to kill myself *silly i know* but then it was hell for me. Tomorrow 26th of dec i will be doing my introduction to the best man on earth. God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. Its a long story but i just give God praise so i advice you to do the same.

8 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by agbeke58(f): 3:05pm On Dec 25, 2014

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by agbeke58(f): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
Since its been long we heard frm u, i tot ur wedding had been formalised. But God makes everything beautiful in its own time. Just continue to make urself happy. God be with us.
nwapastor:
Enjoy......
Since its been long we heard frm u, i tot ur wedding had been formalised. But God makes everything beautiful in its own time. Just continue to make urself happy. God be with us.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 25, 2014
nwapastor:

Enjoy......

Thanks @ the wishes and wish you the same.
About your fiancee, you're gonna be just fine.
Cry if you have to, you're totally allowed to feel hurt, but love yourself more!
It's his loss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Saraha1(f): 5:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
It is well.

All you need is keep believing . Your time will not pass you bye.

4 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hello my good people. It's another end of the year and it seems just like yesterday that I started this thread.
Anyway this is just to let you know that I finally got married this year to the same guy (funny). Yea I walked down that aisle as a virgin at the age of 36. What a dream come true. Glory be to God. As many that are seriously believing God for their own husbands and wives: It is done. Nothing is too difficult for my God.

11 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
Aaaaaaawwwww. Congratulations darling. I wish you a life time of happiness. kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2015
nwapastor:
Hello my good people. It's another end of the year and it seems just like yesterday that I started this thread.
Anyway this is just to let you know that I finally got married this year to the same guy (funny). Yea I walked down that aisle as a virgin at the age of 36. What a dream come true. Glory be to God. As many that are seriously believing God for their own husbands and wives: It is done. Nothing is too difficult for my God.

Oh dear...this is so good to read. Read the first few pages of the thread, and this is such a fairytale conclusion.

Wishing you a happy married life.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Congrats, i am really happy for you and thanks for your encouragement to those of us still waiting. smiley. Nothing is impossible with God.

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wow! Congrats.
Wish you marital bliss.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by abimbola74(m): 4:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Congrats sis....God bless ya union

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja! / My Wife Is Dating 8 Men, Fights Me With Knife, Broken Bottles - Husband Reveals / Coronavirus Giveaway Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.