Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,637 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:19 PM

Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here (15377 Views)

Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Why Do Men Take Advantage Of Advanced Single Ladies? / Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
There are many eligible men who have no mny to marry. Single women who are doing well should look for one and brush him up, haba. Not every one would be married anyway. Some would marry at an old age, some would force themselves on others and end up divorced. This are sad realities we all must deal with.
No need to fret. What would be would be.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gaggi: There are many eligible men who have no mny to marry. Single women who are doing well should look for one and brush him up, haba. Not every one would be married anyway. Some would marry at an old age, some would force themselves on others and end up divorced. This are sad realities we all must deal with.
No need to fret. What would be would be.

What happens when you brush them up and they run away undecided

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by ciwi: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sometimes, I think our society places too much emphasis on marriage. Marriage is an honourable institution but it's not a do or die affair or the peak of achievement.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
charles316: Most people have got no pity for single naija ladies cos most of them spent their prime chasing shadows... Shawarma, Brazilian hair, bold 5. The focused one always get married. If u cant get one man (there are over 3billion men ) to marry u then u ve got a problem.

Thank you. Then I guess by what you said we all have got the problem 'cos at one time or the other we were all single.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lizabeth:

What happens when you brush them up and they run away undecided
Run after them. Haba

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
One thing that surprised me about how I got engaged is that I had always thought that one must change somethings about oneself to be able to attract a spouse (which might still be true), but I didn't change a thing he just came and proposed and I was so surprised and taken aback. That is not to say that we should not upgrade our character, dressing, career e.t.c if need be but sometimes in the bit to upgrade we change so much that he might not recognize us when he meets us. So my friends sometimes it's better to just be yourself 'cos one man's poison is another man's meat. Did I mention that some people heard about the engagement and went to meet him giving him reasons why he should call it off but he told them that he has made his choice and I know that the God that started it will bring it to pass.

4 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by coogar: 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
nwapastor: One thing that surprised me about how I got engaged is that I had always thought that one must change somethings about oneself to be able to attract a spouse (which might still be true), but I didn't change a thing he just came and proposed and I was so surprised and taken aback. That is not to say that we should not upgrade our character, dressing, career e.t.c if need be but sometimes in the bit to upgrade we change so much that he might not recognize us when he meets us. So my friends sometimes it's better to just be yourself 'cos one man's poison is another man's meat. Did I mention that some people heard about the engagement and went to meet him giving him reasons why he should call it off but he told them that he has made his choice and I know that the God that started it will bring it to pass.

he just came from nowhere, proposed & you accepted just like that? i hope you have not dropped your panties for him. this could be a hoax to get to your promised land.

you better be careful......naija boys are desperate like that for sex.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nellyelitz(m): 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
The pressure come most from the family

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

he just came from nowhere, proposed & you accepted just like that? i hope you have not dropped your panties for him. this could be a hoax to get to your promised land.

you better be careful......naija boys are desperate like that for sex.

must you pour sand in another person's garri? angry
op, no mind am jare lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
*checks thread again* I wanted to sign in here but with the comments,i'm not sure i fit in. I think single has levels sha.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 8:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gaggi:
Run after them. Haba
It is not worth it bro

I ain't against brushing a guy up but I have realised he don't appreciate you in the long run

Even if your feeling is true as a lady right at the back of his mind, he will think you are desperate

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lizabeth:
It is not worth it bro

I ain't against brushing a guy up but I have realised he don't appreciate you in the long run

Even if your feeling is true as a lady right at the back of his mind, he will think you are desperate

Life is a risk. Some have done it and it worked for them. Lot's of men want to get married but no resources. If a well to do woman meets a struggling man and they care about each other, let them make it happen.
U never know until you try.

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Gaggi:

Life is a risk. Some have done it and it worked for them. Lot's of men want to get married but no resources. If a well to do woman meets a struggling man and they care about each other, let them make it happen.
U never know until you try.
Bros i am not assuming. I have tried it

I helped him built his CV and sent to different organisations but he thought I because I was earning more and more comfortasble , he wouldnt be able to handle me and left after he got a jb

He didn't even tell me he was attending interviews. When he knew a particular job would click was when he left. He called me later to thank me

Some of them have complex issue.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by coogar: 9:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lizabeth:

I helped him built his CV and sent to different organisations but he thought I because I was earning more and more comfortasble , he wouldnt be able to handle me and left after he got a jb

He didn't even tell me he was attending interviews. When he knew a particular job would click was when he left. He called me later to thank me

complex issue? because you earn more? grin cheesy where do you people find spineless men? if i happen to be dating oprah winfrey, i would be the boss in the relationship.

wait a minute - i hope it's not that boy of yours you didn't like cos he doesn't look presentable. if he's the one then it serves you right. grin

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by charles316: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Phema:

Mtcheew!

Lol. Yeye !!!
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by charles316: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
nwapastor: One thing that surprised me about how I got engaged is that I had always thought that one must change somethings about oneself to be able to attract a spouse (which might still be true), but I didn't change a thing he just came and proposed and I was so surprised and taken aback. That is not to say that we should not upgrade our character, dressing, career e.t.c if need be but sometimes in the bit to upgrade we change so much that he might not recognize us when he meets us. So my friends sometimes it's better to just be yourself 'cos one man's poison is another man's meat. Did I mention that some people heard about the engagement and went to meet him giving him reasons why he should call it off but he told them that he has made his choice and I know that the God that started it will bring it to pass.

I hope it is not what i m thinking. Naija boys are too sharp for u girls
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

complex issue? because you earn more? grin cheesy where do you people find spineless men? if i happen to be dating oprah winfrey, i would be the boss in the relationship.

wait a minute - i hope it's not that boy of yours you didn't like cos he doesn't look presentable. if he's the one then it serves you right. grin

Lol

Stop following cheesy

Nope he's not the one tongue

Some guys are cowards sorry to say

I can't stand guys that don't have confidence in themselves grin
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by dapsy4u2(m): 11:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lizabeth:

Lol

Stop following cheesy

Nope he's not the one tongue

Some guys are cowards sorry to say

I can't stand guys that don't have confidence in themselves grin
. Don't just know where these ladies meet the kind of guys!!!

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Saraha1(f): 3:14am On Sep 19, 2014
nwapastor: For some of us, it's not that we are not getting proposals but it's just that they are not coming from the right guys (as per our standard). As for me I'm engaged to be married but I really stayed long on the other side and know how it feels. At a time I closed my face book account 'cos it seemed all I see there are friends and family uploading photos of themselves with their spouses and children. Believe me I may be happy for them but it leaves me depressed. More to come.
Hmmm! You just save me the stress from typing.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
SPEEDEPITOME: *checks thread again* I wanted to sign in here but with the comments,i'm not sure i fit in. I think single has levels sha.
I understand you perfectly. I know you belong to a higher class/level but you are also welcome. Just let us into your world and that might trigger further comments from people of your type. We want to learn from you too. Welcome on board in advance.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 4:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
charles316:

I hope it is not what i m thinking. Naija boys are too sharp for u girls
What exactly are you thinking? I need to know.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
coogar:

you better be careful......naija [b]boys [/b]are desperate like that for sex.
It might interest you to know that I've not dropped my panties for any man and by God's grace I have no plan of doing that till I say I do. I'm not desperate to get married even if he leaves (God forbid) no problem I'll continue living my life and serving my God till it pleases him to settle me maritally.

As for 'boys' I've passed that level. I move with 'men'.

8 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lizabeth:

Imagine that. Don't mind them jare the day it will happen you'll be so surprised 'cos it might not be by any efforts of yours. I've been in relationships where I did almost everything within my means to make them work yet they didn't. But here I am, not really doing any thing special yet it is working.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by coogar: 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
nwapastor: It might interest you to know that I've not dropped my panties for any man and by God's grace I have no plan of doing that till I say I do. I'm not desperate to get married even if he leaves (God forbid) no problem I'll continue living my life and serving my God till it pleases him to settle me maritally.

As for 'boys' I've passed that level. I move with 'men'.

4 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by NifemiOlu(m): 4:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Well before you 'encourage' yourselves, let individual single ladies know the context. Single as in self determination to be single or single coming from rejection despite searching. As the case may be, there's what's called Co-Parenting but I doubt our culture will receive it well but as for advanced nations, that's how single ladies go about their business.

Note: Co-parenting isn't the same as just getting pregnant for a guy and 'signing off' the guy.
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by nwapastor: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why is it that when a man likes/loves a woman/lady he often finds a way of communicating it but when he falls out of love he tends to just walk away without any explanation leaving the lady to keep wondering what went wrong? Sometimes the next thing the lady will hear is that he is getting married to someone else leaving the lady speechless (to say the least).

3 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by NifemiOlu(m): 4:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
nwapastor: Why is it that when a man likes/loves a woman/lady he often finds a way of communicating it but when he falls out of love he tends to just walk away without any explanation leaving the lady to keep wondering what went wrong? Sometimes the next thing the lady will hear is that he is getting married to someone else leaving the lady speechless (to say the least).

http://nifemi.blog.com/?p=76
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
nwapastor: I understand you perfectly. I know you belong to a higher class/level but you are also welcome. Just let us into your world and that might trigger further comments from people of your type. We want to learn from you too. Welcome on board in advance.
Higher class? On the contrary, i have a lot to learn from you. Why i talked about levels was because i'm single-not married and not dating but i'm not in the about-to-marry class.

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by freecocoa(f): 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
I'm single now and loving it.

Guess I've not gotten to the point where marriage is about the only thing on my mind, am I even ready for marriage? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: I'm single now and loving it.

Guess I've not gotten to the point where marriage is about the only thing on my mind, am I even ready for marriage? cheesy

Freecocoa nwa oma. Better prepare yaself for marriage cos I have one nice hot bobo who wants a wife. Now I have to choose between you and Aisha2 cry grin
Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Truckpusher(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
freecocoa: I'm single now and loving it.

*Yimu* undecided

2 Likes

Re: Single Ladies: Let's Share Our Experiences Here by Truckpusher(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Freecocoa nwa oma. Better prepare yaself for marriage cos I have one nice hot bobo who wants a wife. Now I have to choose between you and Aisha2 cry grin
You might be shocked when you meet these personalities in real life. angry

Na today nyash dey for back cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja! / My Wife Is Dating 8 Men, Fights Me With Knife, Broken Bottles - Husband Reveals / Wife Vs Sister. Advice Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.