Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Am I Bein Taken For Granted? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Bein Taken For Granted? (3530 Views)

Am I Right To Be Pissed Or Am I Bein / Why Do Men Takes Good Girls For Granted / Am I Been Taken For A Fool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:01am On Sep 19, 2014
A guy that can't do something or spend little money for his babe not just ordinary babe but one he wants to marry and according to op one who also spend for him is pure stingy and selfish. I think one babe is the one eating his money while he sees the op as cash cow. If the op story is real I will borrow you my buggatt Veron to run on a break neck speed of 330 km/h from him.

1 Like

Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by seagullbabz(m): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2014
folameme: omg stop it ok?I'm not even on badoo*mtcheeeew*and u saying i only wanted him for his money for real?i was really crazy abt dis guy for real.i really loved him ok?and i dnt believe in sex as been likened to love ok?sex aint love. Recently last month he started apologizing saying he wanted me back,saying he tot i wanted to use d 1k as a phase in our r/ship for God's sake we've dated for 4months nah so whats d big deal he knows I'm a student and he's 7yrs older so whats d big deal in helping out. Yea i shouldn't have deleted him that day buh it was becos i was very angry hw much is 1k?i jst felt he can't go extra miles for me that was why!

Well I wasn't chastising you...I just know deleting him didn't show u loved him....with the right approach, you would have gotten him to apologize and act rightly...even tho I don't understand why he won't pay ur BIS in a 4 month rlatnship. unless you guys both have trust issues...or he'z asked for Sex or smetin else and u denied him. just saying
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by folameme(f): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=damiosy][/quote]wow!ok den no probs,i wasn't tryna convince ok?i was jst making ma opinion.its ok pls,be cool I'm cool too. Thnx
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by mrham03(m): 12:34am On Sep 19, 2014
marinel: Hi, am 20 yrs old n an in my 3rd year in d uni. This is my first tym bein on nairaland courtesy of my roomie whose acct am usin. I find mysef in an emotional battle wc I'll lik to share. Iv been in a relationship wt a guy for 2yrs now n iv neva asked him for a dime as my parents take very good care of me. He has neva bothered to give, d only gift iv eva received frm him was a wrist watch n a T-shirt n dt was last val. All he has eva done evn on my bdays was call or text me nt evn #100 recharge. He visits me in skul regularly n I take good care him makin sure he is well fed n accomodate n wen he leaves he only says good bye. Evn while am at home goin to visit him is entirely on me as am left to pay for the cab fares. Mind u ds is a guy who has been pesterin me to settle wt him bt I keep insistin I want to b tru wt sku ist. Recent events make me recall all dt has been goin on wt us. A close friend of mine is gettin married ds oct n she chose me to b her bestie. I had to pay for ashwebi n all n I found out dt I had hausted my savings n was in dire need of d money. My mom gave me 2/3 of d mony I need n I was left to source for d rest n for d ist tym in my r/s I asked my bf to lend me a little mony wt d promise dt I'll pay up as soon as my allowance came in. He said he didn't have n I did not bother. I ended up gettin d mony from a neibr who wasn't evn a close fwend. 3 days later I found out dt my bf bout a new fone worth x10 of d amt I asked for. I talked to my fwends abt it n de said I was bein taken for granted n suggested dt he mite jus b stingy dt I shud jus ask for sumtin else in a while n c how it goes. Last week I asked him for mony to make my hair(jus to try him) n said old story. I told my sis abt it n she adviced I quietly retrace my steps else I end up in a marriage wher am being neglected. So I stoped callin fr a while n asked him to take a break while I do d same. I don't wan to talk to him abt it cos am too quik wt tears n hurt n now he keeps blarring my fone wt calls bt iv refused to pik. Am I bein too harsh? Pls advice me.tanks
NO! U are not being too harsh but let hìm know the reason for actions
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by damiosy(m): 12:46am On Sep 19, 2014
folameme: wow!ok den no probs,i wasn't tryna convince ok?i was jst making ma opinion.its ok pls,be cool I'm cool too. Thnx

Cool everyone goes to bed happy see your sorry ass tomorrow
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by damiosy(m): 12:46am On Sep 19, 2014
folameme: wow!ok den no probs,i wasn't tryna convince ok?i was jst making ma opinion.its ok pls,be cool I'm cool too. Thnx

Cool everyone goes to bed happy, see your sorry self during the day.... later
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Make una no go find work. Na to dey dependent on another young man like you is what most girls know how to do best. What's wrong in earning your own money or living according to your own standards? Why must you buy an aso ebi you can't afford? Would you die if you don't wear it? Maybe when you guys learn to discern what priorities are you would learn to live more modestly and within the ambits of your pockets. see her lamenting over him not getting her things. A gift should not be forced that's why they call it a gift.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2014
marinel: hence y I don't wan to meet him cos I'm afraid I'll jus accept his apology n get tins goin n in d long wrong if he goes back to bein him wt will I do den.

Its o.k to accept his apology but don't worry you are in charge of your own life decision he is a friend and you don't have to marry him because you are dating him just because a man comes around you it does not mean he is entitled to everything you, he is not your husband or responsibility if his stingy behavior persists you simply ex him.If a relationship does not feel right to you it is ok to leave yes people should help each other grow but when it becomes changing someone..... that is a major task you may not even be able to achieve. The guy seems stingy to me because he comes around to check you in school allows you to spend your allowance on him when he knows you are a student if he cannot take care of himself when he comes around he should stay where he is phone calls and chats will do just fine.

1 Like

Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by folameme(f): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2014
damiosy:

Cool everyone goes to bed happy see your sorry ass tomorrow
why are u dis pathetic?pls stop it ok?whats up wif ur sorry bottom?like seriously?omg!
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by 100Cents: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2014
Talk to him about it.

If he doesn't change, dump him. How can a man be phu.cking a woman and cannot at least give her money to make her hair even if once in a month ?

Haba Mana..
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by beinstein(m): 11:47am On Sep 19, 2014
100Cents: Talk to him about it.

If he doesn't change, dump him. How can a man be phu.cking a woman and cannot at least give her money to make her hair even if once in a month ?

Haba Mana..
Naaaaaaa...you got it all wrong i'm afraid bro. The said dude is not phu.cking the lass yet. They're more like friends in my opinion. She said she made it clear to him that no phu.cking is gonna happen between then, at least not now.
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by damiosy(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
folameme: why are u dis pathetic?pls stop it ok?whats up wif ur sorry bottom?like seriously?omg!

If you are just as observant you would notice the change when you type *A*S*S* and it is been interpreted on here as bottom try it and see!!!!
I stand by what I said you can't read inbetween lines you are too short sighted too see the changes in front of you...quit with your drama ....drama queen
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by 100Cents: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
folameme: Babe!I'm gonna contribute wif dis lil story of mine,its very similar to urs. I met dis guy late last year,and after d normal pestering,i started dating him dis january. we only went out once in an eatery buh it was cool,d rest was always phone calls and chatting,tho he calls, not everyday buh we do chat alot. We've dated for 4months without been intimate at all(and I'm glad) buh have never asked him for anything.so dis day ma bis expired and i was broke,so wen he called i asked him if he cud renew it,he said he jst collected his salary and he wanna save up(d money is jst 1k)oooo i was really pissed buh i played cool. He ended d call da night,for d next 3days that he called i didn't pick his calls yet he didn't send d card,on d 4th day,i finally subscribed and he was d first person to ping*me asking why i didn't pick his calls,i was really angry ehn,i lashed out at him greatly and he was jst like*oh sorry*he didn't feel remorseful,i said some nasty words at him before deleting him off and blocking him on whatsapp.ps:I'm a student,still very young and dis guy is 7years older so u can imagine .that was my first time of asking him and it was becos i was broke. So pls babe,any guy who really loves u his gonna sacrifice to always keep u happy pls babe,u won't be happy wif him jst break up wif him amicably,i understand hw u feel trust me. We are still very young,there are plenty fishes in d water buh pls never date a guy becos u're lonely,be really sure u wanna spend d rest of ur life wif him and pray fervently over it. For now I'm single and its really cool,so babe jst do d same and dnt jump into any all da best.

Did you just listen to yourself ?

You deleted and insulted him because he didn't recharge your BIS ?

So BIS was the criterion for determining how good a mariageable or dateable man he was ?

Someone you claimed actually took you out and spent on you at an eatery.

Girl, you are a very bad example...

Listen very well, when I was younger, I didn't take any lady out anywhere because as a kid I wasn't good in going out anywhere.

Right now, I can give a lady money to make her hair, take her out severally to eat and gallivant but the day you make it as if it is my job to send you BIS, when I haven't seen your pant, girl, you are on your own.
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by 100Cents: 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
beinstein:
i avoid your kind like plague. Just listen to yoursef and tell me you ain't ashamed of yourself for putting up this tripe for public view.

I was ashamed for the girl sef...

She ended her relationship because of N1k BIS.

Some people no get brains..
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Atk1nson(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
marinel: Hi, am 20 yrs old n an in my 3rd year in d uni. This is my first tym bein on nairaland courtesy of my roomie whose acct am usin. I find mysef in an emotional battle wc I'll lik to share. Iv been in a relationship wt a guy for 2yrs now n iv neva asked him for a dime as my parents take very good care of me. He
I don't believe there is a 'perfect man' out there nor a perfect woman. Engage him as much as u can to see that he changes n be patient while @ it. If u'v done ur best n dere is no change u can call it quits, but do ur best. All d best
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 20, 2014
damiosy:

when you could simply do the right thing and ask your partner what that problem is and get it fixed geez If there is a problem get it fixed if you can't tell him its over END OF STORY

I bet you convinently skipped where I said I agreed with you on the confronting him part.
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Vikky014(f): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
marinel: yes he visits wen am in skul cos he can't visit in my home yet. N I end up spendin a sizeable amt of my allowance jus to make sure he is comfortable wenever he visits n he doesn't evn offer some change evn wen he is leavin. I call him as much as he calls me n wen I fail to call sumtyms he keeps complainin n if I explain to him dt am out of call card all he says is ok.
hmmmm u beta run for ur dear life.d guy is a parasite o
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by brownlord: 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
marinel: Hi, am 20 yrs old n an in my 3rd year in d uni. This is my first tym bein on nairaland courtesy of my roomie whose acct am usin. I find mysef in an emotional battle wc I'll lik to share. Iv been in a relationship wt a guy for 2yrs now n iv neva asked him for a dime as my parents take very good care of me. He has neva bothered to give, d only gift iv eva received frm him was a wrist watch n a T-shirt n dt was last val. All he has eva done evn on my bdays was call or text me nt evn #100 recharge. He visits me in skul regularly n I take good care him makin sure he is well fed n accomodate n wen he leaves he only says good bye. Evn while am at home goin to visit him is entirely on me as am left to pay for the cab fares. Mind u ds is a guy who has been pesterin me to settle wt him bt I keep insistin I want to b tru wt sku ist. Recent events make me recall all dt has been goin on wt us. A close friend of mine is gettin married ds oct n she chose me to b her bestie. I had to pay for ashwebi n all n I found out dt I had hausted my savings n was in dire need of d money. My mom gave me 2/3 of d mony I need n I was left to source for d rest n for d ist tym in my r/s I asked my bf to lend me a little mony wt d promise dt I'll pay up as soon as my allowance came in. He said he didn't have n I did not bother. I ended up gettin d mony from a neibr who wasn't evn a close fwend. 3 days later I found out dt my bf bout a new fone worth x10 of d amt I asked for. I talked to my fwends abt it n de said I was bein taken for granted n suggested dt he mite jus b stingy dt I shud jus ask for sumtin else in a while n c how it goes. Last week I asked him for mony to make my hair(jus to try him) n said old story. I told my sis abt it n she adviced I quietly retrace my steps else I end up in a marriage wher am being neglected. So I stoped callin fr a while n asked him to take a break while I do d same. I don't wan to talk to him abt it cos am too quik wt tears n hurt n now he keeps blarring my fone wt calls bt iv refused to pik. Am I bein too harsh? Pls advice me.tanks

1. Relationship is not business avenue to acquire money and gift, money should not be a yardstick, even though I won't date a girl without taking care of her needs the way I can.

2. The bold part of your statement, if I was your bf, I won't give you a dime, why ask him to lend you money?
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
You're not being harsh and I doubt if he actually loves you else he wouldn't have agreed with the spacing so easily , dear where a man's treasure is that's where his heart will be , its should be an eye opener for you , inasmuch as you don't want to be the type that asks a lot just make sure you don't give out too much and allow take his responsibility in the relationship. , paying for cab fare and others should be occasionally , on a serious note guys tend to lose their respect for a lady that spends on them( not all though) give only when he seriously needs it.
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by xtervaganza(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
If all you posted here is the truth , I think you're a good girl and a dream to every guy

But don't bin the guy just yet, pick his call when next he calls and give him last chance
Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by razzydoo(m): 10:29am On Sep 21, 2014
From all I read so far, it is hard to find a wise babe. Most are fish-brained seeking advice from fellow fish-brains. Someone broke a relationship because of 1k BIS...lmao. God go help wise niggas...

1 Like

Re: Am I Bein Taken For Granted? by Goldenboy007(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its called a relationship not a job opportunity - What you can't afford don't buy simple ! I wonder the mentality some of you carry around, its his right what he does with his money. You have parents and at 20 you are too young to think men is a source of income !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Am Inlove With Farano! Oh Sweet Love!.. Helpppppppp! / Tonto Dikeh Unclad Photo Went Viral On Twitter [photo] / Top List Of The Most Targeted Sexy Girls In Romance Section 2015 By Man Of List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.