Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,799 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:47 AM

Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram (55129 Views)

Why People Join Boko Haram By Charlotte Alfred (PICTURES) / Its A Disgrace For Neighbours To Join Boko Haram Fight - Buhari / Buhari Has No Christian Daughter Married To Anambra Man - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by OKDnigeria: 12:22am On Sep 19, 2014
Mr. Oyebuchi Romanus who hailed from Ekwusigo Local Government Area in Anambra State yesterday disclosed that he was forcibly recruited by the Boko Haram insurgents in Jos, Plateau State, where he was doing business.

Romanus, who told journalists in Yola that he was recruited by the insurgents in May this year, added that he was taken to a place near Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State by insurgents for training against his wish.

He said it was the prayers of Nigerians that helped him to escape from the training camp of the insurgents near Madagali.

The 34-year-old Igbo man, while narrating his ordeal, said he was forcibly recruited in May this year by insurgents shortly after he had lost his business in a bomb blast that rocked Jos.

He explained that while he was lamenting over the loss of his business, unknown men forcibly put him in the boot of their car and later discovered that they were driving towards the Northern part of the country.

Romanus said he couldn’t do anything because he was drugged and later fell asleep in their car after he was brought out of the boot of the car..

On reaching their destination, his abductors finally introduced themselves as members of the Boko Haram sect.

He said he was asked by his abductors to join them or they would kill him which he agreed and that, and later escaped from their training camp close to Madagali Local Government Area of Adamawa State.

“I accepted to join the Boko Haram group to save my life. My religious belief and upbringing forbid me from killing my fellow human being which made me not to participate in any of their activities, and when they realised this, they started threatening my life even to the point of swearing in the name of Allah(God) that they would killed me if l continue to dodge their activities, but when I saw how serious they were, I decided to run away from their camp to Niger Republic when I was asked to fetch water from a nearby river before finding my way back to the state,” he narrated.

Also Mr. John Matthew, a native of Madagali, told journalists in Yola that some of them were forcibly recruited but he said he was abandoned by the insurgents in a desert because he fell ill and managed to escape to Yola, the state capital.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/anambra-indigene-i-was-forcibly-recruited-by-boko-haram-in-jos/189290

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by olu77(m): 12:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Next time you are forcibly reqruited, play along but as soon as your own gun is handed to you fire all the crazy, senseless idiots Rambo style. That way you will qualify for the next centenary award.

275 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by belamour(m): 12:41am On Sep 19, 2014
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE..... TRUST NOBODY lipsrsealed

24 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Donmarrius: 12:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Any Igbo,still living in the troubled region,must be a fool.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by 9jagirl4re(f): 12:56am On Sep 19, 2014
So they are recruiting any and everybody, they must be really low on fighters if they are now forcing Igbo's.

18 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by EmmyBoy2(m): 1:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Donmarrius: Any Igbo,still living in the troubled region,must be a fool.
honestly my bro. they will never learn.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by emmysoftyou: 1:09am On Sep 19, 2014
bros,dem don catch you,eyah.chai some days re like that....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by sheniqua: 2:03am On Sep 19, 2014
Imagine how many that weren't able to escape

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 19, 2014
olu77: Next time you are forcibly recruited, play along but as soon as your own gun is handed to you fire all the crazy, senseless idiots Rambo style. That way you will qualify for the next centenary award.

Talk is cheap...bros u fit still join the Nigerian Army and u'll be trained, given a gun and license to shoot and kill like Chuck Norris...after every u might get a medal of honor.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 2:47am On Sep 19, 2014
Thought BH has hatred for non muslim,and igbo.

Recruiting igbos shows how desperate,and classless the terrorist are.

35 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by GetUmad: 2:52am On Sep 19, 2014
You're forcibly recruited right? So also many of the almajiris. Thank God you escaped........
See as e be now, if to say the guy na muslim from middle belt or Muslim /Christian from another region other than the one mentioned, the usual suspects woulda been here insulting his tribe as a whole.

46 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by GetUmad: 2:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Yomieluv: Thought BH has hatred for non muslim,and igbo.

Recruiting igbos shows how desperate,and classless the terrorist are.
The motive would have definitely been to use him for easy penetration especially churches and unsuspecting areas. Be rest assured there are many people like him among those idiots. Don't forget lately they've been using even teenage girls. Only God knows how many of them are innocent Christians.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by ochilikoko(m): 3:40am On Sep 19, 2014
GetUmad:
The motive would have definitely been to use him for easy penetration especially churches and unsuspecting areas. Be rest assured there are many people like him among those idiots. Don't forget lately they've been using even teenage girls. Only God knows how many of them are innocent Christians.
you sounds correct dear

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 19, 2014
Chaaaaaaaaaiiiii

1 Like

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by gift01: 6:20am On Sep 19, 2014
I dey traffic. Lemme park first before commenting. This sun dey burn me too much

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Forcibly recruited?

Uncle you can lie oooooooooo.

37 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Thats none of our business.

If you cant stand the heat, get outta tha kitchen grin grin grin grin

GetUmad: You're forcibly recruited right? So also many of the almajiris. Thank God you escaped........
See as e be now, if to say the guy na muslim from middle belt or Muslim /Christian from another region other than the one mentioned, the usual suspects woulda been here insulting his tribe as a whole.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Sealeddeal(m): 6:36am On Sep 19, 2014
this goes to show that alot of so called Boko haram fighters killed in different locations in Konduga,Bama,etc maybe conscripts. Does it mean our people are being killed by boko haram and Nigerian army? Nigerian military should device a way of destroying this insurgency once and for all.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Exjoker(m): 6:50am On Sep 19, 2014
Honestly DSS nd DMI shul imvestigate his claim nd if it is true den he shul be givin amnesty...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 19, 2014
Konmight: Forcibly recruited?

Uncle you can lie oooooooooo.
This story is somehow unbeleivable for me! forcibly recruited in JOS, haba oga, fear God o!
What I think happened was that our guy was induced with money but on getting there his courage failled him and he decided(wisely though) to escape!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Sealeddeal: this goes to show that alot of so called Boko haram fighters killed in different locations in Konduga,Bama,etc maybe conscripts. Does it mean our people are being killed by boko haram and Nigerian army? Nigerian military should device a way of destroying this insurgency once and for all.
Nigerian soldiers who willingly applyed and took up soldier work were running away from battle front but BH forced-recruits could not lay down their guns and run? The story get K-leg!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by goodslayer: 7:01am On Sep 19, 2014
BuddahMonk: Thats none of our business.

If you cant stand the heat, get outta tha kitchen grin grin grin grin

sometimes if clinical certified m0ron like you keep your smelly mouth up, we all will still be in doubt about your innate stupidity.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by priscaoge(f): 7:39am On Sep 19, 2014
I wonder what some people are still doing over there. When u ask them,they will tell u that it's not easy to relocateundecidedundecided biko is it when they are dead or burnt to ashes that relocating to their father land will be easy I thank God for saving Ur life Bro!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by thwarrior72: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2014
This is the difference between a Christian and a muslim, the later would've been easily brainwashed into joining the marauders, with the phantom promise of 72virgins

18 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Bobbystanley(m): 7:46am On Sep 19, 2014
Anambrarians and their love for money wouldn't let them abandon their businesses even at the expense of their lives.

What would a reasonable Igbo man doing in the north after all this years of Boko haram trash?

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by asadike(f): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2014
una no dey hear word. What are u stil doing in d north? If them lyk,let them make u d next shekau,just dont bring dat stupidity 2 igbo land.

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by PointB: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Sharp guy, he knows best to say no to imaginary 72 virgins. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by zlatansomto(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2014
goodslayer:

sometimes if clinical certified m0ron like you keep your smelly mouth up, we all will still be in doubt about your innate stupidity.
Smh, lyk ah said before Tunde, the only positive thing about you is your HIV status • grin grin You disgusting piece of SHLT angry |

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by texazzpete(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2014
olu77: Next time you are forcibly reqruited, play along but as soon as your own gun is handed to you fire all the crazy, senseless idiots Rambo style. That way you will qualify for the next centenary award.

that's also a good way to qualify for the cemetery award.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2014
Even after losing his business to bomb blast,he couldn't relocate immediately.He had to stay back in Jos doing God knows what. People like this shouldn't be pitied. He's lucky to have escaped from the den of boko haram. Some probably did not live to tell the story.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 19, 2014
Now i see why the tide suddenly changed from killing Christians to Moslems

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram by ak47mann(m): 8:05am On Sep 19, 2014
berem: Even after losing his business to bomb blast,he couldn't relocate immediately.He had to stay back in Jos doing God knows what. People like this shouldn't be pitied. He's lucky to have escaped from the den of boko haram. Some probably did not live to tell the story.
you make a lot of sense this time berem cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

See The Road Ambode Is Building At Airport Road, And How They Fared - Photos / Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers / Gumsu, General Sani Abacha's Daughter In APC Regalia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.