Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops (18415 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) / Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by IYANGBALI: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
don't mind those wolves in sheep clothing ,molesting children and women since the beginning of Catholic ,a cult in disguise.
How can a Christian religious body, they cl
aim to be, have a society called,' THE NIGHT '?
what does Night signify? it's nothing but, pure DARKNESS .can anything come from darkness ?
NIGHT?see your life?just because you heard the word knight,you foolishly jumped to the conclusion and thought its night,it shows how ignorant and myopic you are,the word is KNIGHT and I will advice you to google it and enlighten yourself instead of coming to a public forum to ridicule yourself
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Suljosh: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Mynd44: I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless
CAN is an A.ss. I'm saying this as a christian, CAN is so political I'm so disappointed buy that BLING BLING CAN president it's a shame. He abandon his primary objectives, and now has become a crook and a political THUG of Mr GEJ. GOD is watching them in 3D.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
ResourceMan:
Your ignorance is laughable.
For your information without the Catholic church there will be no Christianity.
thank you for your insult.
see how you have exposed you smelling ignorance .who told you that without Catholic ,there's nothing like Chritianity,or are you saying that without Catholics,christianity will be well respected without the children and women molester priests ?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Frankestein08(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
I cannot discredit your points ,but the catholic Bishops crying wolves now,what was their reaction since the illicit acts of the Catholic priests were on the news ?what's moral ground have they to correct others ?

why do you guys always go off point, are u more concerned by what's happening in the Catholic church or that which is happening in your country...w.t.f is wrong with your thinking!

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Suljosh: 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Suljosh: CAN is an A s s. I'm saying this as a christian, CAN is so political I'm so disappointed buy that BLING BLING CAN president it's a shame. He abandon his primary objectives, and now has become a crook and a political THUG of Mr GEJ. GOD is watching them in 3D.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2014
korel9: Must I comment sef? grin grin grin

“The issue is not about who becomes president or governor or senator after the 2015 general elections. The issue is about the life and security of every one of us who loves his or her life and really cares about our living together in peace as noble Nigerians."

This part make sense sha
there is nothing like noble Nigerians, its just a concept in imagination.......I refuse to recognise it
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by IYANGBALI: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2014
ResourceMan:
Na wah o, infact it is not "NIGHT" They are actually called DAWN.
Your ignorance is laughable.
For your information without the Catholic church there will be no Christianity.
abeg ignore that illiterate who came here to ridicule himself,imagine him calling KNIGHT,Night.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by odehme: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2014
brownlord: Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites

some of you can't mind ursef. The Catholic Bishop are bigger than what you think. it is just a coincidence that their synod meeting take place now of pastor Ago. their meeting are period. hope u understand
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Frankestein08(m): 10:12am On Sep 20, 2014
IYANGBALI: NIGHT?see your life?just because you heard the word knight,you foolishly jumped to the conclusion and thought its night,it shows how ignorant and myopic you are,the word is KNIGHT and I will advice you to google it and enlighten yourself instead of coming to a public forum to ridicule yourself

Hahaa, your head dey dere joor...sme pple's lyf are just complicated.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by brownlord: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Mekky2010:

They pulled out not because a none Catholic is the head, Prelate of Methodist and Primate of Anglican churches headed CAN for many years yet nobody pulled out, they pulled out because once ur hand is soiled and you get too close to powers that be, you loose the moral authority to speak the truth and scold the government where necessary and the President of CAN should be able to hold his head high, commend the government when it's doing well and blast it where it fails to perform. I am neither a Catholic nor against GEJ, but a leader of that nature is supposed to romance the government with utmost care.

Sir i still do not agree with you, i'm sure CAN or whatever have constitution and executive whatever happened to dialogue? methodist, anglican to me is same with catholics, i don't know the difference, just like Redeem and living faith or deeper life, it's the first time someone from the Pentecostal will hold it and they can't tolerate him because he wear blings, or his life style, who are we to judge.

How do you mean "once your hand is soiled" can you please show me any report about Ayo looting public funds or involve in anything against his belief? he dress the way he want's i can't condemn him i'm not God, just like i can't condemn Oyakhilome or other MOG.

The problem with catholics and reason for pulling out is ayo is close to jonathan, hey ayo is the president of CAN umbrella housing all christians in the country, the president in power is christian, ayo is from south south, the president from same region, the people suffering from the religious war are christians, and ayo is the father, which man will not support someone who can help him fight for his childre? let's be realistic and stop hypocrisy, CAN is political who ever is trying to separate it should see a doctor

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by brownlord: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2014
KENFERDYOORI:
I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO BE RATIONAL AND STOP BEING SENTIMENTAL

Talking about sentimental here, please counter my point, how i'm i sentimental
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 10:17am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
don't mind those wolves in sheep clothing ,molesting children and women since the beginning of Catholic ,a cult in disguise.
How can a Christian religious body, they cl
aim to be, have a society called,' THE NIGHT '?
what does Night signify? it's nothing but, pure DARKNESS .can anything come from darkness ?
Dear, not minding ur archaic mentality....can u throw some light on dat catholic society you called NIGHT? I will be happy if u enlighten us.....thanks.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2014
OPUS DEI suffered series of criticism and ill thoughts in the hands of people. People that are less concerned about its activities and its foundation but believing every mercenaries in d name of journalists in their negative motives. People who find it very difficult to understand their books and pass their exams, people who rely on their illiterate interpretation of the gospel, people that can't philosophise talk of imagining. These people know absolutely nothing about the affairs of Catholics but will spill their last blood to negate her.....most of them are agents of devils and uncivilization .
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2014
IYANGBALI: NIGHT?see your life?just because you heard the word knight,you foolishly jumped to the conclusion and thought its night,it shows how ignorant and myopic you are,the word is KNIGHT and I will advice you to google it and enlighten yourself instead of coming to a public forum to ridicule yourself
shut your mouth up my friend.just because of K before Night ,you are being deceived ? I was born and brought up in Catholic,go through all catholic teaching and belong to some groups, then joined Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement ,from there say goodbye to the blind Catholics like you.One of my late uncles belonged to Night .He then was also a member of Amorc society.so what can you teach me about Catholic ?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by musaibnabdul(m): 10:37am On Sep 20, 2014
It official Catholic priest now members of APC.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
shut your mouth up my friend.just because of K before Night ,you are being deceived ? I was born and brought up in Catholic,go through all catholic teaching and belong to some groups, then joined Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement ,from there say goodbye to the blind Catholics like you.One of my late uncles belonged to Night .He then was also a member of Amorc society.so what can you teach me about Catholic ?
LOL.....normal term "blind". Well the word knight is not a Catholic term....its an English term. So, if its occultic then we will have to ask our British fathers........
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 10:44am On Sep 20, 2014
akiOYIBO:
Dear, not minding ur archaic mentality....can u throw some light on dat catholic society you called NIGHT? I will be happy if u enlighten us.....thanks.
if you have a friend who belongs to that Night ,if even you are not one of them,ask him to tell you the truth about Night .My late uncle was once a Night member.
so,seek the genuine understanding of Night and you will surely know it.
thanks.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
if you have a friend who belongs to that Night ,if even you are not one of them,ask him to tell you the truth about Night .My late uncle was once a Night member.
so,seek the genuine understanding of Night and you will surely know it.
thanks.
you mean the genuine fact u urself donsn't know....interesting. How come you labelled it darkness?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2014
akiOYIBO:
LOL.....normal term "blind". Well the word knight is not a Catholic term....its an English term. So, if its occultic then we will have to ask our British fathers........
just forget about the dictionary meaning of Knight ,focus on the activities of it in the Catholic church and outside Catholic .
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Cholison(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Second tenure is our priority for now. We shall consider other things after landslide rigging sorry election.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Frankestein08(m): 11:08am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:

sighs...pusillanimous
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by marvel2(m): 11:10am On Sep 20, 2014
OmoNwa: Why do I have this feeling that catholic bishops just want to be in the news this period of Ayo saga, the insurgency has been in the country for long, y are they more vocal now A friend once told me that they've never love the fact that non catholic is d CAN president. I doubted it then but now, I don't know what to believe again

Opinions in Nigeria are mostly done for selfish interest and not for d love of d country.

Guy ? So u like those CAN presido wey dey buy jeep and jet with the money u suffer get. In fact through concrete work? Jxt saying oo
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2014
IYANGBALI: abeg ignore that illiterate who came here to ridicule himself,imagine him calling KNIGHT,Night.
you blind followers ,will never learn , until it's too late .the much accumulated ignorance in you gullible folks ,will not allow you to seek the true knowledge of God.
you are ignorantly trying to defend what you do no know nothing about .you are deceived because of the K.I refuse to acknowledge that K.all I know is night .
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by cole265(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Pavore9: True words, it should spur the FG to apply more effort.

What effort or impact can be achieved without arms. This govt can do nothing or is unwilling to do nothing about the security situation in this country.

[b]Can do nothing:they are clueless.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Osode: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
Suljosh: CAN is an A.ss. I'm saying this as a christian, CAN is so political I'm so disappointed buy that BLING BLING CAN president it's a shame. He abandon his primary objectives, and now has become a crook and a political THUG of Mr GEJ. GOD is watching them in 3D.
So then (Just I have posted befor on Nairaland) How come this so UNPOPULAR CAN President was so OVERWHELMINGLY re-elected for a second term only a few months back!! .How many of you G-String/Mini Skirt Wearing, Night Clubing 'Christians' down there in the South have botherd to go deep into the North to find out what these forgoten minorities there actualy face on a daily bases, and more importantly WHAT THEY THINK about this Present CAN president. And were do the catholic bishops think this man gets his votes from. ..And why his 'bling bling' and 'Private jet' means ABSOLUTLY nothing to them?.
How is it that, it is you Alcoholics and 'Skimpy Clothed-Tongue Speaking' christians from the South that are more interested in his 'bling bling' than we Southerners up here and our Northern Christian bretheren?. And more importantly why, like Nelson 'Holisasa' (The Trouble Maker') Mandela, this man, more than any other CAN president befor him is consdered a Trouble Maker by the Northern establishment?.
Did any of you 'Christians' down there bother to read the paid advert on the dailies by the combined CAN of the Nineteen Northern states on the last Birthday Aniversary of this VERY FEARLESS Man of God and the very High Esteem in which he is held by Them. The very christians that these catholic bishops are supposed to be 'issueing statements' in aid of, ... As always from thousands of kilometers away, over hot 'cups of coffee'
Well, For all your information (Eh... IYANGBALI AND CO, TAKE NOTE... As one or two well informed Catholic brothers have already alluded to some posts befor mine...) Be prepared to commit suicide very soon, because just like GEJ/PDP that doesnt believe in Social Media and Nairaland 'Popularity' and 'Victories', except this Man of God refuses to contest again.... He is going to be the first CAN President to be elected for an Unpresidented THIRD TERM !!!
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by texazzpete(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
ayukdaboss:
A rather long quote but I endeavoured to read it carefully. The reason why my comment was a confusing one was simply because:
1)I wasn't taking sides with either the clerics or the federal government
2)I was talking generally about Religious Leaders in the country especially those who stray away from their duties and speak evil about other Religions: example is the Redeem Pastor who's audio tape is all over Nigeria as I speak.

Although some of my post derailed a bit I was only trying to express what I felt about the current position of religious leaders in the country . Thank you Chief

OK, now I get you clearly. It did seem rather confusing since we were discussing the Catholic bishops and I saw you were including some other denominations.

Your response clarifies things and I agree with you 100%. The Church in Nigeria is also not pulling it's weight 100%, and there's far too much room given to intolerant Pastors to spread gospels of hatred.

Worst thing of all is that these things have a willing audience. I have not heard this tape, but I know just how popular tapes with gory and dark details are with people on the street. It's unfortunate
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Lordlexyy: 11:36am On Sep 20, 2014
ResourceMan:

What is the difference between what you wrote in support of the Catholic Church and what a third party did with pastor Oritshejafor's jet. I am always amazed that some people could be objective and defend what they want to defend, while using the same yardstick for criticizing and hating others.
I am a catholic , but the simple truth is that the Catholic shurch has failed in providing the needed leadership and protection for Nigerian Christians. During the Catholic/Other Orthodox Leadership of CAN, Nigerian christians were slaughtered by muslims for sport and fun and no strong condemnation from CAN.
Since Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor came on-board, he has vehemently opposed the jihardist and even threatened retaliation. Even the dreaded shekau has even made mention of CAN been a problem to them in many of his video.
Out of 63 Catholic Churches in Borno state, 60 have been destroyed and 0nly 3 left as at early this year. You made mention of the new leadership of CAN be more partisan, but you fail to mention the fact that Bishop Kukah of Sokoto diocese is the official clergyman of the FG, he officiates in all government functions and together with Archbishop Onaiyekan and co. laughs with the sultan while Northern Christians are been killed in their numbers. He Bishop Kukah even officiated in Gabriel Igbinedion's birth day some weeks back (How disgusting) and many Catholic Bishops were there singing the Igbinedion's praises to the high heavens.
I now believe that the Catholic Church, pulled out of CAN simply because they loss out of CAN leadership and for your information, Northern Christians will never ever vote for any Catholic or Othordox church leaders to head them ever again.
As a true Catholic, I am not happy with the way Nigerian Catholic Church is going about. The Catholic Church saved the world from the murderous jihardist through the crusaders, but what is happening now?
Nobody had said it better thus far as you do. I may have little issue with the CAN President and his romance with F.g, but in all honesty, no president of CAN has shown great concern over the lives Christians in the north as Pastor Oritsejafor has done. His proactiveness and activism over time made Christians feel what it is like to have a representive. He clearly gave Christians in the north most especially a voice and his commitment set a boundary where Islam should not cross. But the same kind be said of the Catholic leadership for many years, who whine and dine with muslims while Christians in the north where under the sword. No strong commitment was ever shown to give us the courage we desires during those trying period. They were well characterised with docility and hobnobbing with politicians in power. At best, they sold us out to muslims for the slaughter, but thank God for papa Ayo, now we know what it means to stand our ground to defend our right. God forgive me, but i see the Catholic leaders as menace to our society.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by lawrsmith(m): 11:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
you blind followers ,will never learn , until it's too late .the much accumulated ignorance in you gullible folks ,will not allow you to seek the true knowledge of God.
you are ignorantly trying to defend what you do no know nothing about .you are deceived because of the K.I refuse to acknowledge that K.all I know is night .
ignorance is a disease my grand father use to tell me and you have confirmed that
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by bamipet01: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2014
True talk, jst pray that, d govt will nt turn deaf ears 2 d warnings
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 12:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
just forget about the dictionary meaning of Knight ,focus on the activities of it in the Catholic church and outside Catholic .
then I ask you once again......what a are those activities the catholic church engaged in knighthood?
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Billygee2u: 12:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
Lordlexyy: Nobody had said it better thus far as you do. I may have little issue with the CAN President and his romance with F.g, but in all honesty, no president of CAN has shown great concern over the lives Christians in the north as Pastor Oritsejafor has done. His proactiveness and activism over time made Christians feel what it is like to have a representive. He clearly gave Christians in the north most especially a voice and his commitment set a boundary where Islam should not cross. But the same kind be said of the Catholic leadership for many years, who whine and dine
with muslims while Christians in the north where under the sword. No strong commitment was ever shown to give us the courage we desires during those trying period. They were well characterised with docility and hobnobbing with politicians in power. At best
, they sold us out to muslims for the slaughter,
but thank God for papa Ayo, now we know
what it means to stand our ground to defend
our right. God forgive me, but i see the Catholic
leaders as menace to our society.
thank you for saying the truth .Catholics are hypocrites .they are the continuation of the scribes and pharases that Christ always warn to first remove the logs in their eyes .they embrace anything that can let them get multitude followers .they all are like the Biblical Nichodemus
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by akiOYIBO: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
Billygee2u:
thank you for your insult.
see how you have exposed you smelling ignorance .who told you that without Catholic ,there's nothing like Chritianity,or are you saying that without Catholics,christianity will be well respected without the children and women molester priests ?
Its needless to be recounted....Catholicism is Christianity and Christianity is Catholicism .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rccg Holy Ghost Congress 2013 Theme: The Overflow / Common Words In *speaking In Tongues* / Why Wear Scarf To Church When You Are Already On Wig?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.