Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe (7264 Views)

Photo: Meet The Woman That Rejected President Buhari's Appointment / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / See Photos Of The Thisday Journalist That Boko Haram Threatened To Kill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 10:29am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: and why are you trying to popularize him, he doesn't deserve it. Let him shut his trap and stop painting what his already black blacker. Those that accepted the 50k still reported what they found, so what the heck is his problem?

Enough already! !
If 50k was shared, for whatever reasons, he is well in his Rights as an investigative reporter t Talk about it.

This attitude of blindly taking sides on issues wen it involves 'one of ours' is simply tiring n disgusting.

In case you've forgotten, > 100 people of different nationalities, fellow Humanbeings, DIED dat day.
The Proper tin Needs t b done ..n answers provided.

NOBODY is above d course of d law.

4 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by dBard: 10:34am On Sep 20, 2014
aderonila18:

I don't blame Fashola, it's not because it's a big Church I think it because it a Church and you know how Nigerians are with Religion. There's a thread on Nairaland saying how Fashola and APC want to Islamise Nigeria because of the way the synagogue issue has been handled. According to the poster Fashola should be busying looking for the so called plane and not investigating the Church!

Imagine o, wetin be APC's business with plane or Synagogue but you see the average Nigerian doesn't reason when it comes to Religion. If Fashola handles this case the way it should be they will label him a jihadist. Even GEJ knows that if he dosen't thread careful the man will tell his people he is an Anti-Christ. Nigerians themselves are the problems, we allow these people to use us once they bring up these silly religious or tribal sentiments.

Fashola should, of a necessity, Do the Right thing, n not fall into the habit of playing politics wit Everything.
He owes the populace/those that elected him that much.

'nuff said.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by free2ryhme: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: and why are you trying to popularize him, he doesn't deserve it. Let him shut his trap and stop painting what his already black blacker. Those that accepted the 50k still reported what they found, so what the heck is his problem?

it is people like you that makes Nigeria evil

Journalist and journalism is corrupt in this country

4 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by aderonila18: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2014
free2ryhme:

Journalist and journalism is corrupt in the country

Thank you jare, these are the people spoiling Nigeria. So when someone sees something wrong and says it they attack him instead. The type of Christianity these people practice is funny o, I know this is not what Jesus stands for. You must expose all wrongdoers

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by econity(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2014
your type are d problem we ve in this country.

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by QuiverBox(f): 10:59am On Sep 20, 2014
PassingShot: Evil is thriving in Nigeria because those who should know better and do something are either silent or supporting it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph." - Haile Selassie I

But they should also remember that:

“No evil deed can go unpunished. Any evil done by man to man will be redressed, if not now, then certainly later; if not by man, then certainly by God, for the victory of evil over good can only be temporary” - Dele Giwa

You have Quoted what People have said, oya what are you doing about the "evils" . Talk is cheap you know.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by ShehuAba(m): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2014
You see, Nigerians are really playing a role in the bad things that thrive in this country.
Some reactions here have really been pathetic and embarrassing to say the least.
The other day, a reporter with y-naija repoarted same issue on how they (journalists) were treated by TBJ and members of his church. Immediately some guys were attacking me of been anti Christ because I created a thread about it.
So, you can see that objectivity has been dealt a real blow in this our country. Religious and tribal sentiment is now the order of the day. So, the leaders have to tread softly so that these myopic people won't start accusing them falsely.

This is the thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1902472/reporters-diary-how-got-attacked
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by free2ryhme: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2014
Because a Nigerian was true to his values and professional ethics he is now a bad egg abi?

when is it wrong for someone to expose the truth?

Even Jesus Christ exposed the work of darkness and given bribe no matter who is in involve is evil

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by focus7: 11:16am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: I'm not sorry to say that that Nicholas Ibekwe is a fool. What is the #50k bribe for, if he cannot say let him shut his dirty hole he calls a mouth.
why are u sounding as though d public does not know dat dis is a normal trend in d place? I expect critics to wait for his colleagues to refute d claim of bribe and I won't be surprise if some are bought over to refute it.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by redsun(m): 11:17am On Sep 20, 2014
That was a major disaster that necessitated that the church to be closed down from day one.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2014
iswell1: stop lie.
when I read him write over 90, I knew he was fake. Some thing that NEMA said 80. This is a kind of fake journalist that always want to gain fame through other peeps downfall.

Show us a recorded evidence, abi u want tell me say u no record am?
YEYE DEY WORRY YOU.

He didn't force any one to come to his church for miracle. They all came of their own volition.

HUNGARY JOURNALIST...

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2014
free2ryhme: Because a Nigerian was true to his values and professional ethics he is now a bad egg abi?

when is it wrong for someone to expose the truth?

Even Jesus Christ exposed the work of darkness and given bribe no matter who is in involve is evil
ASK HIM TO PROVIDE AUDIO OR VIDEO EVIDENCE.

IF HE WAS SAYING THE TRUTH HE WOULD HAVE RECORDED IT I KNOW...
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2014
tunde705: when I read him write over 90[b][/b], I knew he was fake. Some thing that NEMA said 80. This is a kind of fake journalist that always want to gain fame through other peeps downfall.

Show us a recorded evidence, abi u want tell me say u no record am?
YEYE DEY WORRY YOU.

He didn't force any one to come to his church for miracle. They all came of their own volition.

HUNGARY JOURNALIST...

84 confirmed dead this morning and 15 still unaccounted for? So what is wrong with using over 90 mumu?

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2014
econity:
your type are d problem we ve in this country.
and your type are the ones who provide the solutions to the problems my type create, clap for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by focus7: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2014
PassingShot:

You asking what the 50k bribe for?

OK, to assist you it cannot be more than to "be friendly" in reporting the massacre that happened. To dig less (or better not to dig at all), the root cause of the incident. And not to expose the shady deals going on in that place.
remember also the claim of aircraft hovering needs strong affirmation from d journalists for d public to buy it.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2014
ShehuAba: You see, Nigerians are really playing a role in the bad things that thrive in this country.
Some reactions here have really been pathetic and embarrassing to say the least.
The other day, a reporter with y-naija repoarted same issue on how they (journalists) were treated by TBJ and members of his church. Immediately some guys were attacking me of been anti Christ because I created a thread about it.
So, you can see that objectivity has been dealt a real blow in this our country. Religious and tribal sentiment is now the order of the day. So, the leaders have to tread softly so that these myopic people won't start accusing them falsely.

This is the thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1902472/reporters-diary-how-got-attacked
A journalist who knows his onions won't go to such a place and come out with this sort of accusation without audio or visual evidence.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by free2ryhme: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2014
tunde705: ASK HIM TO PROVIDE AUDIO OR VIDEO EVIDENCE.

IF HE WAS SAYING THE TRUTH HE WOULD HAVE RECORDED IT I KNOW...

when the Governors forum recorded Ameachi's win in the election with proof of video evidence what become of it ?

Guy behind any rumour there is an iota of truth

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2014
free2ryhme:

Journalist and journalism is corrupt in this country
it's people like you who are recruited to condemn every act of the government, you're one of the regular Nigerian whose DNA has been wired to criticize and not find any reasonable solution, kudos to your kind.

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

84 confirmed dead this morning and 15 still unaccounted for? So what is wrong with using over 90 mumu?

See this adopted son of a coackroach? Just go through your post again and decide for yourself if you don't merit the name BASTARD.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by focus7: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2014
tunde705: A journalist who knows his onions won't go to such a place and come out with this sort of accusation without audio or visual evidence.
d deceivers thrives in their dealings knowing that no matter what d gullibles exist to fall for their games.

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
tunde705: A journalist who knows his onions won't go to such a place and come out with this sort of accusation without audio or visual evidence.

Mumu, has any of the journalists denied collecting the 50k? Until then keep shut!

3 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Afroconnect: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Fashola is showing us he is just a politician after-all,just like the rest.

Shameful...that even supposed educated men are superstistious and scared of these men of the pulpit because of the drama they perform during service...Naija na wa.

This is what a south African official said about Nigeria,and I agree with him in this case

"Making matters worse is Nigeria’s culture of" secrecy and superstition. You find even government officials believing in the cult of this prophet and not asking questions during such disasters. It’s unbelievable. But there is also an element of cover-up by [preacher TB] Joshua, because there is a possibility of litigation cases against him for negligence.

The worst thing to note [is that] the Nigerian government has not issued any statement: no condolences to our government, nor to the families.”

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2014
dBard:

Fashola should, of a necessity, Do the Right thing, n not fall into the habit of playing politics wit Everything.
He owes the populace/those that elected him that much.

'nuff said.
IF IT WAS A NONENTITY LIKE YOU FASHOLA WOULDNT HAVE BLINKED AN EYE BEFORE DESCENDING ON YOU. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FOREIGNERS FLY TO NIGERIA TO WORSHIP AT THE EVERY SUNDAY? FASHOLA KNOWS WHAT THE STATE AND EVEN THE COUNTRY IS GAIN FROM TB JOSHUA .
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

Mumu, has any of the journalists denied collecting the 50k? Until then keep shut!
Maggot of a boy! Your so called pastor/imam has sent u on an image tarnishing mission ba?
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by aderonila18: 11:35am On Sep 20, 2014
It's very telling when the people defending a Pastor always resort to calling people Bastards, fools , maggot and such! What are they teaching in that church?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 11:36am On Sep 20, 2014
dBard:

Enough already! !
If 50k was shared, for whatever reasons, he is well in his Rights as an investigative reporter t Talk about it.

This attitude of blindly taking sides on issues wen it involves 'one of ours' is simply tiring n disgusting.

In case you've forgotten, > 100 people of different nationalities, fellow Humanbeings, DIED dat day.
The Proper tin Needs t b done ..n answers provided.

NOBODY is above d course of d law.
Bro you can save your lectures, I never said the proper things should not be done, what I am against is the attitude of Nigerians to continually find fault with what has already been condemned, everyone has been condemning SCOAN since the incident, but some people are out there to unnecessarily fuel the inferno of condemnation? Let the law take its course and let self righteous journalists shut their trap.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:37am On Sep 20, 2014
focus7: d deceivers thrives in dealings knowing that no matter what d gullibles exist to fall for their games.
I asked for facts, what did u do? You sat down on ur cockroach infected chair and call me names .
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2014
free2ryhme:

when the Governors forum recorded Ameachi's win in the election with roof of video evidence what become of it ?

Guy behind any rumour there is an iota of truth
A journalist of his sort record every conversation for posterity sake
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by free2ryhme: 11:41am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: it's people like you who are recruited to condemn every act of the government, you're one of the regular Nigerian whose DNA has been wired to criticize and not find any reasonable solution, kudos to your kind.

I don't engage in bickering of this nature
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2014
free2ryhme:

I don't engage in bickering of this nature
Neither do I bro.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by stevecantrell: 11:50am On Sep 20, 2014
You should see the way Fashola's boys pounce on any failed building in Lekki. The church should be sealed in line with due protocol, terrorist or no terrorist. But what do we see ?

Away with this Fashola dude already! We've had enough of his selective governance.

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by tunde705(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2014
PERUSING THROUGH THE OP'S PROFILE AND POSTS, I HAVE COME TO HATE MYSELF FOR COMMENTING ON THIS TOPIC.

HE IS NOTHING BUT A SADIST WHO ALWAYS WISH PEOPLE EVIL.

PEEPS PLEASE TAKE 5 MIN TO LOOK AT HIS PROFILE AND POST THEN YOU WILL SEE WHAT I MEAN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Of Rivers State Wike Finally Destroy Ait Building In Rivers State. / Innoson Unveils First ‘made-in-nigeria’ Cars (pics) / FG Records N725bn Deficit In First Quarter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.