Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror (28400 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Ukrainian Cargo Plane Grounded In Kano For Carrying Military Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Truckpusher: Because we've had too many iidiots in power that continuously line their pockets with our money.

All they do is steal and steal until the things that matters no longer matter to them.

FYI: There are folks in Nnewi that can do that but regional politics won't allow them to metamorphos and grow bigger with better hardware.
Blame it on the Nigerian factor.

It's really sad ...
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ilaje44(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
BlackTechnology: Nigerians must start developing advanced weapons in large quantities

Yes they should! That's if knowledge grows on tree, and Nigeria can harvest it.

Wait a minute, it doesn't! What a pity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
donnypool:

"why acting like a prostitute"

Ask your mother.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by davitogreat(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
Psylas: Saudi is financing the rebels, or you want to say you don't know that Saudi is paying for the arms America is giving the terrorists?

i dont know about financing. But you stated that the saudis were arming the rebels and not america so i presented you with links that shows america is also arming rebels and on top of that training them in qatar.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Ask your mother.

oh that is an insult? what is insulting about it?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 3:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
The US is a friendly nation to Nigeria?
Smh.
When i thought i've heard it all,someone,somewhere ,releases a bombshell.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by ayindejimmy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

I never called our security forces perfect. I made a comparison between our human rights issues and neighboring african countries that still get support from the U.S. I will say it again. NIGERIANS DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT.

Here is some info on Rwanda

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/darling-of-the-west-terror-to-his-opponents-meet-rwandas-new-scourge–paul-kagame-9037914.html

Here is on uganda
http://newint.org/features/web-exclusive/2011/06/03/uganda-child-soldier-story/

Again at least in Nigeria you can insult Jonathan. You can call him a drunkard and fisherman and nothing will happen to you. In Nigeria the opposition of the present administration is thriving. Our media is free to spread their opinions on various issues without any fear.
(does sahara reporters ring a bell)
Not the same case in many other African countries. Plus lets not

u compare Nigeria wil Rewanda and Uganda but u 4got we'r supose to b d gaint of Africa. We ought to play a leading role nt comparin ourselves wit war ravaged countries.
No Western world have come out to say there's an embargo on Nigeria. Why r we jst hearing this wen d S.A issue is on? I dnt trust this Govt. They'r full of lies and cover up
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
I approve of this move we should severe all ties with America business wise too. Its clear they have an agenda against Nigeria. I think they are trying to see if Nigeria will implode. First they canceled their Oil purchase deal with Nigeria, now they are trying to see if the Nigerian army will get overrun by Boko haram. Just so they can finally implement Africom and easily steal oil.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by musiwa95: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
what nonsense is that. How can anyone call rebellion within the military terrorism. they already have military move side. that why you see boko haram take ground. from the equipment you show online.

people in the military are no more loyal to the government or APC. it is obvious to see that from this end.

that shows you, nobody is no more loyal.

I have says. remove Independent Western Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: The US is a friendly nation to Nigeria?
Smh.

I chocked on laughter when I read that line.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
why are people who basically do not know how a country runs so quick to tell you what they think is right or wrong..If in your deluded head you think the US govt can stop personal business men from doing business with Nigeria,then you really need your head checked..in our haste to bash the west,we simply refuse to look deeper into the 9.3million sham being carried out by your corrupt govt...If USA is ot willing to sell to Nigeria,why must Nieria now go to the black Market when they can go to Russia and China like they claim to be doing now?have you deluded conspiracy theorists thought that up?

The Nigerian govt claims they had to go to the illegal market to buy arms forgetting that a nation like Russia,China,Japan and bunch of eastern Nations will be willing to sell to Nigeria because 1. they need the money and most importantly 2,they are willing to rub the nose of USA in it

when you lot take some time out to actually think,then you will see how you and your type is being used as a rag doll in this experiment called "Loot Nigeria till she bleeds to death "

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by sexzskil(f): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Illiterates filled thread. With this, Naijeriya disintegration will come sooner

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by omenka(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Story for Sango and Amadioha!! Still trying so hard to
validate and legitimise the SA fiasco, but Nigerians refuse to
be foooooled!!grin

Na today Russia and China begin dey exist?? Why weren't
they approached since the "US embargo" took effect??

Mumu people wey think say people mumu.

#copied from Omenka.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ymodulus: 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2014
Psylas: Saudi is arming Syrian rebels not America

america too is.
lezz: your post leaves me with hope that Nigeria has people who can look beyong the hypocrisy of the west and see them for who they truly are: a bunch of gangsters and institutionalized criminals.
thanks
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ymodulus: Though my first post is PRO- nigerian government actions, i still have a doubt in mind and i will drop this

Damn lies
I don't believe that the Western arms manufacturers are refusing to sell arms to Nigeria. This is all lies.

Western arms manufacturer would even sell arms to enemies of their own country unless their government specifically imposes bans on their arms export.

So far, no single Western country has a ban in place against selling arms to Nigeria. Why are some Nigerians so stupid to accept these lies?

What lies next?
That the $9.3 million cash seized in South Africa was meant for buy arms in the black market because Western arms manufacturers are refusing to sell arms to Nigeria?
Gun control, my brother. There isn't a single ballistics company that isn't own or closely monitored by government. You don't find independent producers of arms and ammunition. Besided they don't have to say expressly that there is a policy against arms trade with nigeria. Read in between the lines. Truth is, they had said nigeria will break up in 2015, and I feel they are doing all they can to see that happen. I won't be surprised if boko haram is CIA sponsored.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Btw, Nigeria's instability is linked to too much press freedom.
Imagine,china with sahara reporters,absolute chaos is the end result.
And that is why i want a buhari presidency.
GEJ is too naive for the realities of today.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by daben1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
They don't have to go that far, what is biting us is in our shoes, the politicians are the terrorists themselves...
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ymodulus: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
wordsbase: Gun control, my brother. There isn't a single ballistics company that isn't own or closely monitored by government. You don't find independent producers of arms and ammunition. Besided they don't have to say expressly that there is a policy against arms trade with nigeria. Read in between the lines. Truth is, they had said nigeria will break up in 2015, and I feel they are doing all they can to see that happen. I won't be surprised if boko haram is CIA sponsored.

no bro gun control have no effect to foreigners outside the U.S beside go to russia and see independent arms producers
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by wiringdpt(m): 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
If America gives you a hat, they are coming back for your head. Two days ago Obama said they wont send ground troops to Iraq instead they will arm another rebel to fight ISIS
Ymodulus: The west is too funny. The truth is thier reluctance to assist nigeria has nothing to do with human rights violations or lack of reliability and professionalism. If so then why is america still arming syrian rebels? I remember a couple months ago There were videos of syrian rebels cutting out the hearts of their enemies and eating it on youtube.

The hypocrisy of the west is truly in full display. I wonder why america is still sending billions of dollars of aid to egypt even with her gross human rights abuses. The truth of the matter is america just wants a puppet and Nigerias government is not submitting to them. The west never helps you without attaching strings.
After all if we look at countries like uganda and rwanda, countries that are willing puppets of america.(especially rwanda)
America still sells weapons to them even with their gross human rights violations.

Word for the wise
[size=15pt]Do not attach morality or civility to the Wests dealings with Nigeria and the rest of africa. Do so at your own peril.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Litmus: 3:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
Nigeria has to broaden her awareness if she's to fight back.

For instance, the international media, needing to mold Nigeria into the image that they want to sell to the world, have dispensed with Nigerian experts in favor of Experts from other parts of Africa and the world on issues concerning Nigeria. Can i ask, what is the likelihood of Nigerians being called as experts to talk about issues related to South Africa on international TV?

Ignoring these little things leads to bigger problems

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Btw, Nigeria's instability is linked to too much press freedom.
Imagine,china with sahara reporters,absolute chaos is the end result.
And that is why i want a buhari presidency.
GEJ is too naive for the realities of today.

Press freedom have nothing to do with instability. Our instability stems from mind boggling corruption and lack of foresight by the so called leaders.
Only a shady government will be afraid of press freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 3:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
Psylas: Saudi is arming Syrian rebels not America

What happened to the $500 million Obama requested for to aid Syrian rebels?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Eeser: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

Your taking things it at face value. American arms manufacturers will never sell to just anybody. You guys really underestimate the american governments involvement in HER Military Industrial Complex.

America will never sell Nigeria apaches or Ah-IZ vipers they will never sell Nigeria drones they will never sell nigeria f22 raptors, they will never sell f15s, f16s e.t.c

Is it Then the russians that will sell their KA-52 which is similar to the apache or the T-52 similar to the F-22 or the Chinese will sell their J-10 fighter jets which are similar to the f-16s or they may even sell their Z-10 helicopters an equivalent of the American Apache. The truth is that this government has something it is not telling it citizens. Chikenan yawwa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
wordsbase: Gun control, my brother. There isn't a single ballistics company that isn't own or closely monitored by government. You don't find independent producers of arms and ammunition. Besided they don't have to say expressly that there is a policy against arms trade with nigeria. Read in between the lines. Truth is, they had said nigeria will break up in 2015, and I feel they are doing all they can to see that happen. I won't be surprised if boko haram is CIA sponsored.

what RUBBISH are you talking about..What Gun control ...STOP SPEWING BS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT KNOW.American companies are at a liberty to do business with whomever they like..just like some businesses were doing business with Iran and some republicans were tryin to make a big deal of it and they(the republicans) got shut down...why are Nigerians so entrenched in trying to sell lies to people
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: The US is a friendly nation to Nigeria?
Smh.

What makes the US an enemy state? Becasue you think so or because of some specific actions taken against Nigeria by the US?
Some of you sound like ISIS fighters.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ymodulus: 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2014
wiringdpt: If America gives you a hat, they are coming back for your head. Two days ago Obama said they wont send ground troops to Iraq instead they will arm another rebel to fight ISIS

I am happy you understand these people call americans. Did you watch the Senate hearing of the United State secretary John Kerry on ISIS That guy is a joker. i will personally shoot him if given a gun. it goes to tell you the Americans have double standards
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
BlackTechnology: Nigerians must start developing advanced weapons in large quantities

My thoughts exactly. We always crying wolf when someone decides not to help.

Is it impossible to build guns,tanks,missiles?

Not like we want nuclear weapons.

But with a dead manufacturing sector our country can only retrogress further.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
GeneralShepherd:

My thoughts exactly. We always crying wolf when someone decides not to help.

Is it impossible to build guns,tanks,missiles?

Not like we want nuclear weapons.

But with a dead manufacturing sector our country can only retrogress further.

Nigeria loves to beg despite having the money to buy or build and when they refuse to give them aid,you now have the populace on mass hysteria calling everybody names and at the same time claim to be able to take care of their own issues and then the next topic comes alon and its the same thing over again
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

Press freedom have nothing to do with instability. Our instability stems from mind boggling corruption and lack of foresight by the so called leaders.
Only a shady government will be afraid of press freedom.
That is a very simplistic view and you know it.
Ghadaffi was corrupt ,yet the country was stable for decades because he controlled the press.
The chinese communist govt is actually very corrupt as the majority of poor chinese would tell,yet china is still stable because of effective press control.
Nigeria was very stable during the era of corrupt abacha.
Corruption is bad and should be snuffed out though.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 3:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Eeser: Is it Then the russians that will sell their KA-52 which is similar to the apache or the T-52 similar to the F-22 or the Chinese will sell their J-10 fighter jets which are similar to the f-16s or they may even sell their Z-10 helicopters an equivalent of the American Apache. The truth is that this government has something it is not telling it citizens. Chikenan yawwa.

Only reason America isn't selling those mentioned weapons to Nigeria is to weaken the army enabling BH become an adversary of equal might and capability thereby fasttracking their United States Africa Command agenda, to facilitate oil theft. There is no way on earth we'd attack the USA with those weapons!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Farouk Farouk Dies In Accident Involving Shettima's Convoy / Dino Melaye: "I Am Not Afraid Of Buhari, APC Nearing Its Grave" / Subsidy: Queue In Port Harcourt (video,pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.