Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror (28399 Views)

"Cameron Flew Commercial To China For £40B, 2016 PMB Flies Private Jet For $2b" / Presidency Moves Against Terror Attack In Villa / Ukrainian Cargo Plane Grounded In Kano For Carrying Military Hardware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
MZdamola:
Hehehe kiss

how much for the pride price and where you dey stay? make i go start to wash your plate and your cloths at least to pay half, then i go complete the remaining.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

while your celebrating america giving us some free run down ship they discarded I prefer the technology transfer the Chinese are giving us. There is a saying that goes it is better to teach a man to fish than to just give him fish.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=63405

Dont mind that fool.
Infact every true Nigerian should start worshipping china.
They deserve it far more than those arrogant yanks.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by LibrarianD: 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Government getting military hardware alone may likely not solve the insurgency problem, however coupling it with mass media reorientation of the population in the affected areas on good values of nationhood, brotherly love, etc with proactive prevention and rapid response to victims' among others may likely reduce recruitment and in turn bring about an end to this bh problem.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by phreakabit(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

SEE YOUR LIFE...USELESS AS YOU ARE...YOU ARE BUSY SPEWING BS THAT AMERICA DOES NOT WANT TO HELP NIGERIA AND SOMEPNE PROVIDES YOU CONTRARY EVIDENCE TO THE RUBBISH YOUR DELUDED HEAD AS BEEN SAYIN AND WHAT DO YOU SAY...perfect example of the stupid way a lot of Nigerians think

Not sure if to laugh at you or cry for you based on your
Pitiful intelligence or your epic level of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko: I care about Nigerians gettng their throats cut so in that regard you are no civil rights champion or activist. You do not care about that more than Mr Ibu or anyone else .I have not heard of you spending your treasure or substance in that cause so spare us the self indulgent pontification.
I responded SPECIFICALLY to your COMPARISON
"other democratic and stable countries that respect human beings and treat them with dignity"

Which countries are these EXACTLY??

I meant not having their throats cut, semantics. I can pontificate because I've seen the difference. You can call it whatever name you choose to call it. I call it barbaric for soldiers to get people to lie down and slaughter them one after the other.
Whatever name you want to call it your business.

I can assure you though that the reason Nigeria is flying around money like the mafia is not unconnected to these things.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ymodulus: 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
milehigh06:

also,that former Iran Pres..Ahmedjinablablablad or whatever..went back to Iran after attending the UN conference in washington spewing BS about a ring over his head as he was lecturing the American people and there was a light that descended upon him and the America people saw a man of God and bla bla bla...S H I T like that can only fly if the populace is denied the ability to think for themselves and some Nigerians say it is needed...thunder fire all of una wey wan drag this nation back to the days of Abacha

Double thunder sef
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by 100Cents: 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2014
Right step in the right direction..
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by arresa: 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
[img]http://www.uscg.mil/history/webcutters/Mellon717_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-a6o5Iv1yxuk/U2vJ96Vl-4I/AAAAAAABElo/uoMp1_yFHPU/s1600/mo.png[/img]

US Coast Guard cutter transferred to Nigerian Navy

It is with a heavy heart that this vessel will no longer sail with our nation's fleet of high endurance cutters," said Coast Guard Rear Adm. Bruce Baffer. But he added the Gallatin, now renamed the NNS Okpabana, will see important service off the coast of the African nation.

Our two countries are united in a common goal of peace, Baffer said, before the Gallatin crew left the vessel for the last time and the American flag was lowered. The Gallatin, transferred under the Excess Defence Article Program, is the second cutter transferred to Nigeria in three years.

We will cherish this, said Musiliu Obanikoro, Nigeria's minister of state for defence. "It signals the common interest of both American and Nigeria to strengthen the capacity of Nigeria to protect our waters and offshore resources.

He also thanked the United States for its promise to help find 300 teenage girls missing since they were kidnapped from a school by an Islamist extremist group in his country three weeks ago. President Barack Obama said Tuesday that the United States will do everything it can to help find them.

Again, tell me the last time China and Russia did or gave you anything for free.

Your leaders are lying to you just to cover their rotten and incompetent ways...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by xwolverine: 4:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
arresa: [img]http://beegeagle.files./2011/03/uscgc-chase-now-nigerian-owned1.jpg[/img]

That was free of charge..

Again, when was the last time China and Russia helped your military in anyway?

It's not about helping our military bro, it's about being straightforward with their dealings with Nigeria.
There was a request by Nigeria to purchase the cobra helicopters from Israel. The deal was blocked the U.S. We are talking about an acquisition that would greatly help our boys in the war against the Boko Haram goats. It's not like we are asking for free, we wanted to pay for the hardware. Now the question is, what's their game plan? Is this a payback for not supporting AFRICOM?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
davitogreat:

Your taking things it at face value. American arms manufacturers will never sell to just anybody. You guys really underestimate the american governments involvement in HER Military Industrial Complex.

America will never sell Nigeria apaches or Ah-IZ vipers they will never sell Nigeria drones they will never sell nigeria f22 raptors, they will never sell f15s, f16s e.t.c

Sell to Nigeria and they will donate it to bokoharam in the name of missing jet.... abeg forget Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

I meant not having their throats cut. Semantics.
Is there a point to this last remark or any suggestion that you were misunderstood apart from indulging your narcissism? .
What are these democratic nations that we should aspire to be like ? That is why I quoted you in the first place not to talk about throats being cut or not cut and the distinction between the two
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Rapture4real(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
God will help us checkmate these insurgents. This is a lesson to Nigeria not to put her trust in anyone.Most powerful people do this to retain a sense of lordship. They did it with Ebola now Boko Haram. We will discover our potentials and join the league of world powers. A da niloro, fagbara koni. God is on our side
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by davitogreat(m): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Dont mind that fool.
Infact every true Nigerian should start worshipping china.
They deserve it far more than those arrogant yanks.

It truly baffles my mind. Look I am in no way pro china but why i like them is the fact that they always transfer skills to their host country. Look at the railway construction that is going on in the country. because of the Chinese Nigerians are gaining much needed technology transfer in railway construction. The same goes for the upgrading of the ports in the country and of course the construction of the navy vessels.
It seems like there are too many Nigerians who are only content with receiving freebes from the west. They think that because the west sends you aid they must love you.
The sad part is that the whites actually have a stereotype for blacks. They say we are lazy and dont like to work and only want free stuff. It seems there are a few Nigerians that are living up to this stereotype.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by davitogreat(m): 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2014
ARES:
Sell to Nigeria and they will donate it to bokoharam in the name of missing jet.... abeg forget Nigeria

when did nigeria ever donate jets to bokoharam?

I want receipts.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Ignatio(m): 4:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Good move. The Americans and British are our secret enemies. See what they did to us during the Ebola outbreak. Maybe they're waiting for us to legalize gay activities before they start selling to us.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko: Is there a point to this last remark or any suggestion that you were misunderstood apart from indulging your narcissism? .
What are these democratic nations that we should aspire to be like ? That is why I quoted you in the first place not to talk about throats being cut or not cut and the distinction between the two

None, just remain the same and buy arms with cash like criminals. With a badly neglected military that have to resort to self help to survive.
Nigeria is perfect. Enjoy your delusions.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

I meant not having their throats cut, semantics. I can pontificate because I've seen the difference. You can call it whatever name you choose to call it. I call it barbaric for soldiers to get people to lie down and slaughter them one after the other.
Whatever name you want to call it your business.

I can assure you though that the reason Nigeria is flying around money like the mafia is not unconnected to these things.
You amended your post I agree with you entirely that such behaviour is barbaric but that is not why I quoted you . You said we should aspire to be like some countries who presumably do not engage in barbaric behaviour.

Once again which countries are these
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2014
ARES:
Oh pls shut up with this nonsense.
Most of the weapons belonging to the army in BH hands are APCs, which is actually "understandable" as it's a war scenerio.
There are you-tube videos of american APCs and tanks in taliban control.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by cocoduck: 4:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Why should Nigeria complain about the west not wanting to sell arms to her? While we would have developed home grown weapons that are better suited to our environment. If not for Those a55 holes who say they won the British Biafran war. Now it is clean and clear to all Nigerians that both Nigeria and Biafra were the losers of the civil war and the west were the victors, because they went straight for the Biafran scientists who invented those weapons even under a very harsh situation. Now a whole Nigeria is begging them to sell small arms to us, thunder go strike gowon were ever Im dey. Can you imagine the insult?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko:
You amended your post I agree with you entirely that such behaviour is barbaric but that is not why I quoted you . You said we should aspire to be like some countries who presumably do not engage in barbaric behaviour.

Once again which countries are these

The question I should ask you actually is no name one single country where it is acceptable to have captives slaughtered by the military. Some of them with arms tied behind their back.

There are many peaceful countries in the world but not many where soldiers and terrorists are indistinguishable.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

None, just remain the same and buy arms with cash like criminals. With a badly neglected military that have to resort to self help to survive.
Nigeria is perfect. Enjoy your delusions.
What delusion?? You are the one being called out on YOUR OPINIONS and rather than substantiate you are talking about delusions
You said we should aspire to be like other democratic nations that treat people with dignity and I have called you out on that .That is Kolo Mentality.

NAME THESE COUNTRIES PLEASE

Have I expressed an opinion on buying arms with cash? Must you talk like that?

I only have one issue which countries should we aspire to be like ?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by arresa: 4:33pm On Sep 20, 2014
xwolverine:

It's not about helping our military bro, it's about being straightforward with their dealings with Nigeria.
There was a request by Nigeria to purchase the cobra helicopters from Israel. The deal was blocked the U.S. We are talking about an acquisition that would greatly help our boys in the war against the Boko Haram goats. It's not like we are asking for free, we wanted to pay for the hardware. Now the question is, what's their game plan? Is this a payback for not supporting AFRICOM?

It's not about helping your military, but you want them to sell you advanced weapons that you can not protect or prevent from handing over to BH? BH storms your military bases and swoop off your weapons unchallenged by your military right?

Why should they?

Clean up your own dirt first before blaming other people?

You think they didn't see your president befriending and palling around with BH supporters and financiers like the clown he was hanging out with in Niger Republic?

Your president is a weak, corrupt and incompetent clown. He tolerates corruption, incompetence and also cherish and protect criminals, convicts, fugitives and even crooks under his own EFCC investigation.

We are talking about a president that refused to even acknowledge that his own school girls and citizens were missing for 2 full weeks, a president that instead of firing his useless and incompetent service chiefs, he gave them National awards? Do they give National awards to such characters in the US?

Charity begins at home, not in the US..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Tell us the countries we should be aspiring to be like that are so nice and cuddly
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Truckpusher: The West can't give you a free lunch until they've screwed you nicely,this time around it looks like the Otueke man refused to undresss anyhow.

Hello Washington AKA Slave driver
How long do you think you can hold Africa down?

Anyone that finds himself in Aso Rock should man up and tell the West to deal with them on equal terms or go fucck themselves.
That means u produce yourself. Abi?
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by arresa: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
The pictures was to kill the lies about the US not helping your country?

That's a big lie and you are all fools for falling for that BS...

China or Russia ever dash you free riffle or canoe boat before? Hell NO..
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by F117A: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
cocoduck: Why should Nigeria complain about the west not wanting to sell arms to her? While we would have developed home grown weapons that are better suited to our environment. If not for Those a55 holes who say they won the British Biafran war. Now it is clean and clear to all Nigerians that both Nigeria and Biafra were the losers of the civil war and the west were the victors, because they went straight for the Biafran scientists who invented those weapons even under a very harsh situation. Now a whole Nigeria is begging them to sell small arms to us, thunder go strike gowon were ever Im dey. Can you imagine the insult?
I read somewhere that the chief biafran engineers were snapped up by the US and germany.
I felt like crying.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ignatio: Good move. The Americans and British are our secret enemies. See what they did to us during the Ebola outbreak. Maybe they're waiting for us to legalize gay activities before they start selling to us.
but they helped u during the civil war...enjoy.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko:
What delusion?? You are the one being called out on YOUR OPINIONS and rather than substantiate you are talking about delusions
You said we should aspire to be like other democratic nations that treat people with dignity and I have called you out on that .That is Kolo Mentality.

NAME THESE COUNTRIES PLEASE

Have I expressed an opinion on buying arms with cash? Must you talk like that?

I only have one issue which countries should we aspire to be like ?

We should not aspire to be like any other country or anything, are you happy?
Just remain the same good ol Nigeria where anything goes.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
Aigbofa:

The question I should ask you actually is no name one single country where it is acceptable to have captives slaughtered by the military. Some of them with arms tied behind their back.

There are many peaceful countries in the world but not many where soldiers and terrorists are indistinguishable.
I gave you the example of the US and you said I should contact them so presumably that is not one of the countries you are suggesting we should emulate if is be bold enough to say so at any rate the onus is on you not me You are the one making a claim and I am questioning it so to say I should prove a negative shows a poor understanding of logic

Name the countries you want Nigeria to aspire to be like

It is not acceptable in Nigeria to have captives slaughtered by the military
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
F117A: Oh pls shut up with this nonsense.
Most of the weapons belonging to the army in BH hands are APCs, which is actually "understandable" as it's a war scenerio.
There are you-tube videos of american APCs and tanks in taliban control.
Sorry son I won't waste my time trying to educate u..... keep watching youtube... I lived it so u can watch
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
iwonbaoko: I gave you the example of the US and you said I should contact them so presumably that is not one of the countries you are suggesting we should emulate if is be bold enough to say so at any rate the onus is on you not me You are the one making a claim and I am questioning it so to say I should prove a negative shows a poor understanding of logic

Name the countries you want Nigeria to aspire to be like

It is not acceptable in Nigeria to have captives slaughtered by the military

Peaceful countries are the norm not the exception if you can't find one to be like on this planet we should leave it at that.
Re: Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror by teemy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
If it were you, you would probably do the same.

America is there only to support america's interests and if a person/nation is in the way of those interests something just has to give. A while ago Nigeria gave out a contract to the isrealis (can't remember if it was the $40m internet surveilance project or the drones) without the normal open bidding and an americal official was making noise about it. Now that we are in a state of war the help just seems to flow sloppy as if wanting the prohpecy of 2015 disintegration needs to be aided to come through.

Before the Chibok girls saga when the state of emergency was declared, I read that the US was sending unarmed surveilance drones to the NE area. If they were still in place at the time of the Chibok abductions I wonder why they stay at the fingerpointing side. More like an excuse to have troops/a missile base in the area once the whole place is hot.

A government is in power and you want to oust it. Very nice ba? Once the govt can quell the initial rebellion, normalcy can exist in the climes but not if the rebels would get US/Saudi armaments but rather last longer and a whole lot of people die and a country is destroyed. I thought they used to use sanctions but now the leader sha must go. Since Russia and the rest have spoken against it (so you don't turn the area to another Afghanistan/Iraq that you have invaded and till date do not know any peace) you arm rebels (A gun powder action that could produce the next Osama Bin Laden). I am not talking about the morality/immorality of Assad here but it seems there is a decisive project going on meant to destabilize economies that have prospects of becoming great powers within the next 20-50 years and only the friends/allies would be left as long as ...

Look at Libya and Iraq of today. The middle east is an area with hard hearted people. Even under the celebrated King David of the bible 20 people were killed and 10 were spared out of every 30. Usually to quell the fierceness of warring tribes a tyrant like Guadaffi/Saddam rises kills a lot of people and the rest drop their arms. After this peace reigns. Killing off these leaders recycles the reign of warring tribes as we are seeing today. In the rise and fall of the mentioned leaders here the US in involved. Seems they had an unresolved argument. Their countries are no better off.

About the current US president's negative behaviour to Nigeria, it has been since the time of Yaradua's illness overseas. Abmutallab who was redicalized in the UK had Nigeria not the UK on an OFAC list prohibiting growth and businesses that could support the country. Goodluck had to go there before we were delisted. I have noticed ever since that the two countries seem not to have the normal cordiality since then. In Obama's trip to Africa, the favoured countries were made known.

Our senators were more poised for an Obama visit and did not so much value the Chinese and Russian Presidents visit but when Hillary came around and gave them a few pieces of her mind (I seriously believe they needed it) I guess they were disappointed.

Nigeria needs to think for Nigeria and until we become a nation of "All for One and One for All" especially with our current self centredness attitudes, we would just implode one day when the owambe fuel money dries up and we are fored to become a tax powered economy.
America learnt this during the encounters wit the Red Indians as well as against the British. As a country we have never really had to stand together as one to fight a common enemy. Maybe our leaders would use this BH opportunity to create that patriotism so desperately needed Until then no one would take us serious, not even ourselves. To read more on America only for Americans I recommend an earlier post.

https://www.nairaland.com/1390623/ed-snowdens-secure-email-provider#17363302

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Farouk Farouk Dies In Accident Involving Shettima's Convoy / Hembe, Sacked Lawmaker, Appointed Board Chairman By Buhari / "Buhari's Chances In 2019 As Tall As El-Rufai" - Reno Omokri Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.