Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (40577 Views)

A Thread For 2016 Brides and Grooms To Be / Polygamy: Why Men Marry More Wives. / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
Polygamy. Ppl sharing amu since 1200bc.

Women in it because of money, men in it because of s ex.

10 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
It's a public forum where opinions are divergent.
Why are the people with different opinions termed as judgmental?
Judging who exactly?
The innocent first wife? In this case a seemingly nice woman with a good heart? Judge her how?

If y'all mean judging the man,then I'm very very pleased to be the magistrate.

I guess every post was supposed to read 'accept it as your fate and try to keep him happy while waiting for your turn when he's sharing the love between his women'

Oh please undecided

OP has my heartfelt sympathy.and I've already said I think she's a good woman

But I won't root for something that goes against the grains of my entire being to please some readers who are projecting because they may be in the sympathy with the man or the disrupting second wife.

11 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
What's going here?
Cococandy, who is annoying you on a public forum?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by soonest(f): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
macof:

In other words Abraham shouldn't be a role model in christianity

It's either that or Christianity is hypocritical
If you have something against monogamy, bring on your argument. Don't try to turn this thread into a religious one. When the table turns,your lot will start inviting MOD and superMOD.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
shocked annoyed?

No be me o grin

Just surprised some folks here are trying to control what others type that is not going against NL rules.
Chillisauce: What's going here?
Cococandy, who is annoying you on a public forum?

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
cococandy: shocked annoyed?

No be me o grin

Just surprised some folks here are trying to control what others type that is not going against NL rules.

Oh ok. The police are here? Opoko cheesy.

As I was saying, polygamy in this modern time when over population is destroying the world. Time to enforce Chinese law of one parent one child.

That why life is so cheap in some part of the world. Keep fvcking and breeding like rabbit.
Hope I'm still on topic.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by edwife(f): 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2014
Phema: Can you all just stop bickering?!? Now you've succeeded in chasing the OP away. She couldn't even find the moral support she was seeking.

OP please, you should continue to pour your heart out here (or to anyone who isn't judgemental). You need all the emotional support you can get at this time.

May you go through this phase in sound mind and good health. It is well.

Sensible lady.

It is well my sister, let the Op find solace in the real world.

Time to call it a day.

Hope our baby is growing just fine. smiley
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by soonest(f): 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
Pickabeau come o! Are u seeing wot am saw?
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by cococandy(f): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tbaba1234: 9:04pm On Sep 24, 2014
soonest:
If polygamy is so beautiful as u guys claim, why is it not a number one preference. Why is Op feeling the way she does? Why is it that many ladies that their religion permit polygamy still don't want to share?

That has never been my claim, that polygamy is 'so beautiful'. My claim is that, it is a choice and it can also be a good one, if the circumstances are right.

My religion permits polygamy but it also places conditions. Which is:

If you can not maintain justice between them, marry only one.

I will be marrying only one wife because I understand the difficulty of maintaining justice between them.

However, if a man decides, he is up to that task. I can not begrudge him.

It is a choice at the end of the day.

In Islam, a woman can add it as a precondition for marriage if she does not want it.

It is not a 'must do' thing.

As for the op, her feelings are perfectly normal. It does not mean, she can not still have a happy marriage.

She can learn to accept it and work on the necessary boundaries.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 9:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
soonest: Pickabeau come o! Are u seeing wot am saw?

wat is u saw
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by limamintruth: 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2014
hmmmm, how did i even miss such an interesting thread...anyways, its better later than never sha.
@op, the Lord Almighty is ur strenght dea & pls, stop trying to blame urself for ur hubby's greed ooo; b4 u end up hurting urself.
No matter hw hard sm peeps try to portray polygamy as the best thing that can happen to mankind, d truth can never be changed & dat is, polygamy is one of the worst crime any MAN can commit against his wife & kids.
Monogamy is still and will alwys be the best marriage to engage in because, jst as we have cheating hubbys in monogamous marriages, we have cheating hubbys also in polygamous marriages; so nothing changes.
For example, in northern naija, polygamy is practiced more than all the other regions in nig. combined (well, isnt dat a great blessing u myt say Nah!)
unfortunately, the same north has the highest number of divorcees in nigeria because the polygamous cheating men keep on changing wives like clothes; they marry ten today and after sm few yrs, they divorce d ten and marry anoda ten in d name of divorce. It has bcome sm kind of prostitutn sef, which is terribly pathetic.
So my dear @op, u need to be more prayerful and worry less. God be with u and family.

11 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by soonest(f): 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

wat is u saw
That was in Zebrudaya's voice.
The thread has started turning religious as you predicted
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by pickabeau1: 9:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
it is because of u that i stepped out of my couch
Im in couch mode

No comment

soonest:
That was in Zebrudaya's voice.
The thread has started turning religious as you predicted
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by soonest(f): 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
tbaba1234:

That has never been my claim, that polygamy is 'so beautiful'. My claim is that, it is a choice and it can also be a good one, if the circumstances are right.

My religion permits polygamy but it also places conditions. Which is:

If you can not maintain justice between them, marry only one.

I will be marrying only one wife because I understand the difficulty of maintaining justice between them.

However, if a man decides, he is up to that task. I can not begrudge him.

It is a choice at the end of the day.

In Islam, a woman can add it as a precondition for marriage if she does not want it.

It is not a 'must do' thing.

As for the op, her feelings are perfectly normal. It does not mean, she can not still have a happy marriage.

She can learn to accept it and work on the necessary boundaries.

Hmmh! Ok oh! Easier said than done
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Are you a Christian?

Have you taken the time to study this religion?

If you answer both questions with a no, it's better you stop discussing it before you learn a few things about this religion.

I am not discussing Islam with Muslims because I am not well informed, so please, do the same.
I know alot about Christianity.

If you want us to discuss polygamy and bible, I'm ready. smiley

carefreewannabe:

Christianity first emerged as a sect of Judaism, and in the beginning embraced many Judaic views and practices. Abraham is known to be one of the first Jews. Within decades of Jesus' death, Christians began distinguishing themselves from their Jewish neighbors but they have kept the Old Testament, in which most people were Jews. Abraham was not a Christian and he even wasn't a Jew in his early life. He worshipped idols in the beginning. Christianity came into existence much later. The New Testament was written after Jesus' death and is the more important part of the Bible for Christians.

My question is, why was Abraham story included in the bible since he's not a Christian.

What's the use of Abraham story in the bible, what's the use of Old testament stories in the bible. undecided
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tintingz(m): 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
soonest:
If polygamy is so beautiful as u guys claim, why is it not a number one preference. Why is Op feeling the way she does? Why is it that many ladies that their religion permit polygamy still don't want to share?
and monogamy will guarantee a happy marriage?

I wonder why we keep reading stories of men in monogamy marriage, cheating on their wives.

"men are wicked blah blah blah."

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2014
cococandy: One can see you're eager to make this a religious bashing thing.

No Abraham isn't the role model. Christ is.stop being dane!
Am nt eager to make it religious bashing, someone in this thread pointed that Bible frowns against polygamy...am only addressing that statement

Was Christ ever married in the Bible? Since u only follow Christ pls don't be romantically involved with anybody

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
jumzzy448: @ macof, let's not bring religion into this discussion. Let's discuss polygamy in general and not based on religion.

Thank you sir. I would actually love this but how many people speak of polygamy without bringing their religious nonsense into it??
Even in this thread someone said christianity is against it

so it's only to be expected for a Christian to take his religious dogmas to judge biasly

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:43pm On Sep 24, 2014
soonest:
If you have something against monogamy, bring on your argument. Don't try to turn this thread into a religious one. When the table turns,your lot will start inviting MOD and superMOD.

Why shouldn't I take religion when your religion seems to poke it's noses where it doesn't belong?
Someone on this thread already used religion to judge...am only trying to clear the air and show you that this christianity you all think is against polygamy really isn't

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Just for your information and before you continue to pass judgements about a religion you obviously know little about, Abraham wasn't even Christian.

I know more about christianity than you can ever know

Jesus wasn't Christian either undecided so WTF are you saying??
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
Shirley07:
Abraham didn't practise polygamy though because he never married another wife until Sarah died. Even then, he only had conbubines and he regarded the concubines' children together with Haggai's son as badstards.
Haggai was a slave and still remained a slave woman, don't get it twisted!

Haggai was wat, a prostitute he had a one night stand with abi??

Or because you didn't read of a wedding ceremony you conclude their union wasn't official??

Wat about David? Jacob and the strong Solomon grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
carefreewannabe:

It doesn't really matter how many wives and concubines he had as the New Testament states that it should be one wife and wife husband.

Just saying.

Then pls tear out the old testament from the Christian Bible.
As long as Christian role models were polygamous, you can't come here using christianity to judge

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by macof(m): 11:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Ghost01: Macof, you bad o. grin

The guy abi na girl, said nothing good comes out of polygamy when the father came out of polygamy grin grin

Na dem use their finger yarb dem papa grin grin

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
macof:

Haggai was wat, a prostitute he had a one night stand with abi??

Or because you didn't read of a wedding ceremony you conclude their union wasn't official??

Wat about David? Jacob and the strong Solomon grin
Haggai wasn't a wife to Abraham. If she was, Abraham wouldn't have told Sarah to deal with her maid as deem fit- Gen 16:6.
Infact, Keturah was more of a wife than Haggai because Abraham married her after Sarah died and even then, her children were still referred to as badstards.
Also, it's no secret Solomon was ruined eventually as a result of his lust and no christian in his right mind would love to emulate Solomon's lustful ways which led to his ruins in the end, muslims does though.
David on the other hand never known peace in his house. Incense and war reigned in that house till his death.
Lastly, Jacob was forced into a polygamous home by his snaking father-in-law and in the end, he had his wives' maids forced on him as a result of jealousy and rivalry between the two sisterly wives. We could say Jacob didn't bargain for such home but that didn't stop hatred manifesting between the 2 wives and among the children.
The funny thing is despite Jacob's beloved wife- Rachel's children being the well behaved children compared to their half siblings, God's convenant came to fruition through Judah, the first wife's son!
Now, have you study your bible today?

11 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tpia1: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2014

1 Like

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Shirley07: 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2014
macof:

The guy abi na girl, said nothing good comes out of polygamy when the father came out of polygamy grin grin

Na dem use their finger yarb dem papa grin grin
Her dad aint a thing. Gerrrit?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 25, 2014
This is polygamy as it affects d first wife. Simple.
Can we all pls help that poor lady out?
Those that r product of polygamy, maybe a child of first/second wife, how did ur mum cope?
How was d arrangements?
Was dad's lv equal?
Tips on how to emotionally prepare oneself from my husband to our husband union.
Tenk kiss

(Tpia is on fire! cheesy)
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tpia1: 1:27am On Sep 25, 2014
moca:

(I am on fire! cheesy)
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by tpia1: 1:27am On Sep 25, 2014
Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 25, 2014
macof:

Then pls tear out the old testament from the Christian Bible.
As long as Christian role models were polygamous, you can't come here using christianity to judge

Are you Christian? No!? Then this is none of your business.

Open a thread in the religious section and I will tell you which paragraphs should be replaced in the Quran so that people stop justifying terror and pedophilia in the name of religion. wink This is a problem that concerns everyone unlike whether Christianity approves of polygamy or not.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! by Nobody: 5:06am On Sep 25, 2014
macof:

I know more about christianity than you can ever know

Jesus wasn't Christian either undecided so WTF are you saying??

There is a religious section if you want to discuss religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Man Knocks Off His Wife's Teeth After She Refused To Abort Their Baby (Photos) / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / See Face Of Man Who Battered His Wife & Inflicted Deep Cut On Her In Lagos(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.