Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State (11656 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by manck2: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
grin angry

igbos are not even 5% of lagos

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by jaymichael(m): 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
yemaldo: he's already a winner since ibo population in lagos is over 60%,thats what i've been saying,u dont have to be deputy governor,infact am scared right now but pls make sure u win d election ooo,if not hnmmm.
eni tani kowa jeun ton dini lowomu,awon oniyeye ale amuda
yeah!!! more like " eni ti ebi npa, ta fun lonje. Nigba ti O jeun ton, loba ya igbe sinu abo funi"

6 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Gbawe2: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Gbawe2: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
KIRIJI: This man is sure of winning since the population of the ibos in Lagos is 70% in their deluded mind

Awon Oloshi !

In fact other candidates should just pull out and save their money. Who can overcome a candidate who comes from an ethnic group that number 70% of the entire population of Lagos? I am loving this development which will seriously expose the delusions of grandeur some folks suffer from that makes them fond of over-estimating their own perceived strength while disrespecting the real strength and ability of others who are not predisposed to mindless braggadocio. We are all merely waiting for the swearing in of Bob Okoroji after his landslide victory in "no man's land" delivered by the support of his kinsmen who number "70% the population of Lagos". Time for some folks to walk the walk after talking the talk for years.

9 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by thwarrior72: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
This is a good development, after all there's no evil in trying
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by shogz89: 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2014
An ibo woman contested in Lagos after tinubu's tenure, under Chris okotie's party, she did the Desmond Elliott's style by adding one Yoruba name, Twas quite funny, I doubt if she had up to 800 votes.... May the best candidate win minus the omo ibo.... I love the courage though, to me it's like pouring water in a basket, or boiling stone

11 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by naijawarrior(m): 11:37pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ewooo. Some of the comments on this thread are truly disappointing. Goes to show how hopeless and pointless this entity called One Nigeria is. Too pathetic. Shame on all of us.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by ChinemeOkpan: 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
HE SHOULD GO AND DEVELOP HIS VILLAGE BEFORE THINKING OF EVER OF CONTESTING IN YORUBALAND grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by ChinemeOkpan: 11:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijawarrior: Ewooo. Some of the comments on this thread are truly disappointing. Goes to show how hopeless and pointless this entity called One Nigeria is. Too pathetic. Shame on all of us.

WHAT WERE U EXPECTING?? undecided undecided

HOW ARE OTHER NIGERIANS TREATED IN YOUR ENCLAVE??

10 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by naijawarrior(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
ChinemeOkpan:

WHAT WERE U EXPECTING?? undecided undecided

HOW ARE OTHER NIGERIANS TREATED IN YOUR ENCLAVE??

I've always known Igbos to be hated and persecuted by all tribes. I'm not Igbo by the way. Its only common fact, which no man can deny. However, one would expect a little bit of logical or at least educated reasoning amongst nairalanders. But alas, what I see...If this is how Yorubas feel about Igbos, then what hope lieth there for national integration? A lost cause indeed. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Asoozy: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
ichidodo: His entrance will initiate a groundswell of support and political awareness from non-yorobar electorates..the joke is on you if he gets at least 10,000 votes, something which can easily be achieved given the numerical strenghth of his support base in Lagos...Let us make a point,a political milestones,a first that an igbo ran for Alausa..we have nothing to fear the yorobars,what can they do but not vote?? If you think you can cower the igbos with your cowardly threats then i laugh your face...

What is there to cower about? The numbers are in your favour so should you not deliver the votes to get him into Alausa then the joke will be on you.

Why are you talking circa numbers when you made claims that you boast of the highest population group in Lagos? You should be talking in the millions and not the thousands. Something tells me that even you know that the acclaimed percentage of your population was pulled from the darkest part of your anus.

There is absolutely no excuse for you not getting this man into Alausa come 2015. If you don't do so, you should all be stoned and thoroughly disgraced!

13 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by ChinemeOkpan: 11:50pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijawarrior:

I've always know Igbos to be hated and persecuted by all tribes. I'm not Igbo by the way. Its only common fact, which no man can deny. However, one would expect a little bit of logical or at least educated reasoning amongst nairalanders. But alas, what I see...If this is how Yorubas feel about Igbos, then what hope lieth there for national integration? A lost cause indeed. Smh.

STORY FOR THE .................gods..............................

U ARE NOT IGBO---YEAH RIGHT undecided undecided undecided undecided

WHERE ARE YOU FROM NNANA?

TELL US, HOW MANY NON-INDIGINES HAVE POLITICAL POWER IN YOUR STATE??

4 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by naijawarrior(m): 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
ChinemeOkpan:

STORY FOR THE .................gods..............................

U ARE NOT IGBO---YEAH RIGHT undecided undecided undecided undecided

WHERE ARE YOU FROM NNANA?

TELL US, HOW MANY NON-INDIGINES HAVE POLITICAL POWER IN YOUR STATE??

Keep on perpetuating hate. It'll only lead to destruction. Kudos to you and all ethnic hatemongers!
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by aderonila18: 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijawarrior:

I've always known Igbos to be hated and persecuted by all tribes. I'm not Igbo by the way. Its only common fact, which no man can deny. However, one would expect a little bit of logical or at least educated reasoning amongst nairalanders. But alas, what I see...If this is how Yorubas feel about Igbos, then what hope lieth there for national integration? A lost cause indeed. Smh.

I guess you never see all the threads where Igbo people bash the Yorubas all day? angry You never see the ones where they insult the Hausas? Talk about being selective

5 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by ChinemeOkpan: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijawarrior:

Keep on perpetuating hate. It'll only lead to destruction. Kudos to you and all ethnic hatemongers!

HATE

ASK YOUR IGBO RELATIVES ABOUT HATE NNANA grin grin

5 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
naijawarrior:

Keep your story for the gods. Why dont the ibo man go contest in Borno state?

11 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Esejojo: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
The population of the Ibos - as a single ethnic group - as being 70%, might have been grossly exaggerated.

However, if the population of the Ibos in Lagos is combined with the population of the other non-Yoruba ethnic nationals, I'm sure it far outnumbers our Yoruba brothers.

Now, imagine if this man, Bob Okoroji works so hard to win the support of the "Omo Ibos" (that is, the Ibos and the other ethnic groups that are not Hausa, or Yoruba), what a rude shock it would be to those making mockery of his ambition.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by naijawarrior(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2014
ChinemeOkpan:

HATE

ASK YOUR IGBO RELATIVES ABOUT HATE NNANA grin grin

I would be proud to call any Igbo, a relative. No tribe in this country has suffered, yes still suffer, has been persecuted, still persecuted, has sacrificed, still sacrificing as much as the Igbos. All for National integration. Hate? You mean the millions of Igbos killed during the Civil War. Or the countless more being killed in the North for no reason at all. The thing about hate is that, its such a powerful force. And most of the time, the people who harbour hate in their hates do not even know why they bear such strong emotions against their fellow man. Take the KKK for instance. Why do they hate every race, other than the white race. They can't really give a good reason. Same with the Germans against the Jews. They just hate them. Its the same thing in Nigeria. No tribe is hated as much as the Igbos. Why are they hated? No good reason. They just hate them. It's history repeating itself, and it never ever ends well. People who are smart actually choose to steer clear of the path of destruction, by doing things differently and not repeating history. But ah well.

5 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Omololu007(m): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2014
Esejojo: The population of the Ibos - as a single ethnic group - as being 70%, might have been grossly exaggerated.

However, if the population of the Ibos in Lagos is combined with the population of the other non-Yoruba ethnic nationals, I'm sure it far outnumbers our Yoruba brothers.

Now, imagine if this man, Bob Okoroji works so hard to win the support of the "Omo Ibos" (that is, the Ibos and the other ethnic groups that are not Hausa, or Yoruba), what a rude shock it would be to those making mockery of his ambition.

pls tell me 3 local govt in lagos were the population of igbos and oda non yorubas out number d yoruba population,,name just 3 local govt area in lagos,i dont fink am askin for too much

4 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 12:07am On Sep 21, 2014
Esejojo:
All these your permutations and calculations are irrelevant if they cannot be put to reality.

We are not making mockery of Bob Okoroji, we are simply urging him on. Let him take his campaign to the streets of Ebutte meta, Ikorodu, Isale Eko, Mushin, Ojuelegba, Shitta, Oshodi, Abule Egba etc

10 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Omololu007(m): 12:10am On Sep 21, 2014
naijawarrior:

I would be proud to call any Igbo, a relative. No tribe in this country has suffered, yes still suffer, has been persecuted, still persecuted, has sacrificed, still sacrificing as much as the Igbos. All for National integration. Hate? You mean the millions of Igbos killed during the Civil War. Or the countless more being killed in the North for no reason at all. The thing about hate is that, its such a powerful force. And most of the time, the people who harbour hate in their hates do not even know why they bear such strong emotions against their fellow man. Take the KKK for instance. Why do they hate every race, other than the white race. They can't really give a good reason. Same with the Germans against the Jews. They just hate them. Its the same thing in Nigeria. No tribe is hated as much as the Igbos. Why are they hated? No good reason. They just hate them. It's history repeating itself, and it never ever ends well. People who are smart actually choose to steer clear of the path of destruction, by doing things differently and not repeating history. But ah well.
pls can u tell me d reason y arthur eze told the pple of anambra not to vote for a anambra indigene name Ngige just becox he is representin a yoruba party,,n where were u den,alot of igbos made it clear dat Ngige was a gud candidate but dey wont vote him cox he is representin a party owned by awolowo pple,,mr man go and preach to igbos jawe

13 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by naijawarrior(m): 12:13am On Sep 21, 2014
Omololu007: pls can u tell me d reason y arthur eze told the pple of anambra not to vote for a anambra indigene name Ngige just becox he is representin a yoruba party,,n where were u den,alot of igbos made it clear dat Ngige was a gud candidate but dey wont vote him cox he is representin a party owned by awolowo pple,,mr man go and preach to igbos jawe

One answer: Two wrongs will never ever make a right.

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by ChikeAndrew(m): 12:14am On Sep 21, 2014
Laughable!! Highly impossible........ Atleast nt now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

PDP-USA Supports Lere Olayinka As National Publicity Secretary / 5 Lies Everyone Tells You About Northern Nigeria / #EndSARS: Lagos Governmet Pays For Forensic Examination Of Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.