Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State (11458 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Picture Of A Man Running With Stolen Ballot Box / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 21, 2014
BOAR:

It's a different ball game to wish for something, and going on the field to work for it.

that's why I said the election in Lagos will be very shocking. Just watch as it goes! grin grin
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by BOAR: 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: that's why I said the election in Lagos will be very shocking. Just watch as it goes! grin grin

Shocking in what ways? grin
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by LOZENGE(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Bamss1: If him no carry last may my leg bend..
e go soon bend O
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Contrary to the believe most people have, not every yoruba lagosian supports APC and fashola. A large chunk of them believe fashola is a fraud, I have family friends who detests fashola and they are yorubas. Its not gonna be easy for anybody If an igbo gubernatorial aspirant emerge in lagos, it won't be sure for anybody under a transparent condition. Yorubas on this forum should stop planning to kill igbos in lagos, that's what they have writing in yoruba........thanks

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Kasynpaulsyn1: 10:38am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: that's why I said the election in Lagos will be very shocking. Just watch as it goes! grin grin

It will not be any different from past elections. Stop all these dramatic and sensationalist comments

At d end of d day Yoruba man or woman emerges victorious- shikena

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Gbawe2: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
bakynes: Am just laughing all of you here it's not even possible for APGA to field an igbo candidate in Lagos. So it means if a good number of Yorubas move to igbo land they can actually contest and win some states in igbo land? Until the issue of state of Origin is eradicated in Nigeria, this igbo campaign in Lagos cannot work. But come to think of it, this is an insult to Yoruba pple particularly the Lagos indigenes can u try this in Kano?

Bro, look at this another way and you will see this is testimony to the tolerance and sophistication of Yoruba people. Do Nigerians not go to the diaspora to win political office seeing them representing even people they have no ethnic or racial affiliation with? I am happy for the Yorubas to lead when it comes to progressive and developmental conduct. If some Igbos had not gone public with their hatred of the Yorubas and their determination to 'get even' undermine the Yorubas, since the inception of the GEJ Presidency, then this would not be an issue. In fact, it would be viewed as a welcomed development as a way forward.

Yet the way forward has to involve everyone playing their part. It is not for one group to embrace tolerance and the live-and-let-live ethos only for others to be consumed with a spirit of "chop sand" vengeance that sees them always plotting a hostile takeover when they should simply attempt to respect and get along with others.

3 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by BOAR: 10:40am On Sep 21, 2014
customized13: Contrary to the believe most people have, not every yoruba lagosian supports APC and fashola. A large chunk of them believe fashola is a fraud, I have family friends who detests fashola and they are yorubas. Its not gonna be easy for anybody If an igbo gubernatorial aspirant emerge in lagos, it won't be sure for anybody under a transparent condition. Yorubas on this forum should stop planning to kill igbos in lagos, that's what they have writing in yoruba........thanks

Why would Yorubas kill Ibos in Lagos, when Ibos are 70% of the population?

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by HopeAtHand: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
Omololu007: pls can u tell me d reason y arthur eze told the pple of anambra not to vote for a anambra indigene name Ngige just becox he is representin a yoruba party,,n where were u den,alot of igbos made it clear dat Ngige was a gud candidate but dey wont vote him cox he is representin a party owned by awolowo pple,,mr man go and preach to igbos jawe

The really disappointing part of that disgraceful utterances of Arthur Eze was the fact that he said all that in the presence of President Jonathan and Jonathan kept mum.

As the President of Nigeria, he should have rebuked that man, but he acted like the man was saying something reasonable.

GEJ lacks the personality that ensures people fall into line, even when in his presence..its quite disappointing.

Having said that, i observed during my service year, that the Igbos are alot easier to relate with compared to yorubas..im quite honest.

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
BOAR:

Shocking in what ways? grin
the hidden strategies that are going to be used by PDP to win Lagos.

APC all the way! cheesy cheesy
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Kasynpaulsyn1: 10:42am On Sep 21, 2014
customized13: Contrary to the believe most people have, not every yoruba lagosian supports APC and fashola. A large chunk of them believe fashola is a fraud, I have family friends who detests fashola and they are yorubas. Its not gonna be easy for anybody If an igbo gubernatorial aspirant emerge in lagos, it won't be sure for anybody under a transparent condition. Yorubas on this forum should stop planning to kill igbos in lagos, that's what they have writing in yoruba........thanks

Hey goon, who threatened to kill ibos in Lagos?

Chidiebere u are back to your evil ways.

@ topic

unless ibo successfully change his name to a YORUBA name and deceives all of us, no chance in hell of ibo governor. For instance, names like Nwabekeyi or Chidozie automatically disqualifies you from holding political office in Yorubaland. Nigeria has not reached that stage yet. Sorry get over it.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by BOAR: 10:44am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: the hidden strategies that are going to be used by PDP to win Lagos.

APC all the way! cheesy cheesy

Lmao!

Unfortuntately for PDP in lagos, there are more APC members in PDP than you will ever know. Can't you see the unending and perpetual crisis in Lagos PDP? grin

APC is far ahead of PDP in Lagos

When it all implodes to tribal stuff, you will see there is no difference between a PDP and APC member reaction to Ibos.
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Gbawe2: 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014

Another paranoid and hateful fool. Yorubas are "planning to kill Igbos" yet this has never manifested on the ground and in reality? Please stop representing the Yorubas to be what they are not. That is part of what has led to the state of affairs today seeing Yorubas mocking the gubernatorial ambition of an Igbo man on this thread. You guys should learn to embrace humility, respect for others and a sense of rapprochement instead of moving from place to place with a feudal, hostile and perpetually pugnacious attitude that alienates you from others.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 21, 2014
BOAR:

Lmao!

Unfortuntately for PDP in lagos, there are more APC members in PDP than you will ever know. Can't you see the unending and perpetual crisis in Lagos PDP? grin

APC is far ahead of PDP in Lagos

When it all implodes to tribal stuff, you will see there is no difference between a PDP and APC member reaction to Ibos.
Yes! You're right!
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Kasynpaulsyn1: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: [s]Hey! stop threatening violence. Yorubas are not known for that. What's the meaning of the nonsense you just wrote? [/s]angry

Hey he has said nothing that isnt true. He is actually being realistic and presented the facts accurately

u can push a man to the wall but you cant push him into the wall.

when you go those ibo meetings, tell them that there is anger in the streets.

Orji kalu called Lagos no mans land and u all agreed and jubilated

Arthur eze called our Awolowo a child killer and u all danced for joy

Go and tell them in those ur ibo meetings that only takes place in Yorubaland and not in alaibo, we are listening and watching

8 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by BlackBaron: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Pfft.
So many learners here...

If you'd lived in Lagos, you'd have seen various campaigns for non SWeners.
Though I think you'll have to have a heavy following plus endorsements from prominent people; Obas and so in Lagos for you to pull it off
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by bakynes(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2014
Gbawe2:

Bro, look at this another way and you will see this is testimony to the tolerance and sophistication of Yoruba people. Do Nigerians not go to the diaspora to win political office seeing them representing even people they have no ethnic or racial affiliation with? I am happy for the Yorubas to lead when it comes to progressive and developmental conduct. If some Igbos had not gone public with their hatred of the Yorubas and their determination to 'get even' undermine the Yorubas, since the inception of the GEJ Presidency, then this would not be an issue. In fact, it would be viewed as a welcomed development as a way forward.

Yet the way forward has to involve everyone playing their part. It is not for one group to embrace tolerance and the live-and-let-live ethos only for others to be consumed with a spirit of "chop sand" vengeance that sees them always plotting a hostile takeover when they should simply attempt to respect and get along with others.
Gbawe like I said it's nt possible for any igbo candidate to emerge as the Governorship candidate of any political party in Lagos state. The issue of state of Origin instantly disqualifies him. Rauf Aregbesola former commissioner of works in Lagos state had to go back home to contest because of this state of Origin issue. Igbos can only contest for other positions like LGA chairman which only requires you to be resident in the state for over 14 years. The so called Bob Okoroji is merely deceiving himself.Thank you case closed.
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 21, 2014
chinazalized: you are an heddiot with that your stvpid tribal marks, were your kinsmen not battered in kano? Even your chives were killed, yet you keep spewing sh1t out of your mouth. You better get out or I will pounce on you.

Shebi you have 70% population of Lagos?

We shall see nah.

Judgement Day Is At Hand.

Walahi We Shall See.
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by chinazalized: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2014
Konmight:

Shebi you have 70% population of Lagos?

We shall see nah.

Judgement Day Is At Hand.

Walahi We Shall See.
get out, lousy and vacuous rants from cowards.
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Akinsz: 10:59am On Sep 21, 2014
chinazalized: commissioner isn't good enough for igbos in lagos, we deserve more.
that more might lead to ur grave. Lol

5 Likes

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2014
Joker of the year
Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by BOAR: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2014
berem: It is only on Nairaland I see such anger and frustrations. Nothing of such is happening in reality. Last time I checked,Yorubas and Igbos are still living peacefully in Lagos and other southwestern states and no one is threatening violence against each other.

Nairalanders are not ghosts nor aliens.

Altercations like this on the Internet will eventually find meaning on the field one day.

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Man Running For Governor In Lagos State by SirMaster101: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2014
Igbos and there wahala. Pathetic cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

Nigerian Military Ranks And Their Symbols / Why Miyetti Allah Should Not Be Respected – Fani-kayode / Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.