Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,689 members, 7,823,945 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks (29479 Views)

Saraki Commissions Remodelled Senate Press Centre In Abuja (photos) / Pictures Of All Remodelled Airports Across The Country / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by kennosklint(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2014
Wetin concern me! Provided d plane cari reach where I dey go..abi airport na ma houz...
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Hamazz1: 7:40am On Sep 22, 2014
were is stella oduah i hpe those BMW cars hv flat tires bc our air ports r already leaking...
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2014
DrDre1:
I hope these conveyor systems won't be sounding like lister diesel generators like the current one when they finish sir. Having 9 systems running like the current one may make one think the aircraft landed in a production factory instead of an airport.
Lol. The conveyor belt sounds like a generator? That's too sad.
That's why I support the LASG's efforts in building the Lekki airport. It would give MMIA some much needed competition.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:42am On Sep 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The Enugu Int'l Airport doubles as an int'l seaport during rainy season.
Its actually to be used for trials for swimmers hoping to go to the olympics.

13 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by cbrass(m): 7:43am On Sep 22, 2014
Igbo kwenu...all haill the amazon Stealer..opps sorry stela Oduah grin

3 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2014
The Anambra State Gov't should, as a matter of safety, stop Stella Oduah from being part of their airport project.

3 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
The Enugu Int'l Airport doubles as an int'l seaport during rainy season.
hahaahaha then Jonathan is a visionary. He needs an award along with Minister for BMW Stealer Oduah grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by aljharem(m): 7:49am On Sep 22, 2014
Stella Odua was just a corrupt woman. SMH I wipe for Nigeria

173 billion on just roof and AC

Nigerians are the architect of their own miss fortune.

4 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by aljharem(m): 7:50am On Sep 22, 2014
barcanista: hahaahaha then Jonathan is a visionary. He needs an award along with Minister for BMW Stealer Oduah grin

Wetin bring GEJ for here now ?

grin grin grin grin wink

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 22, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: The Anambra State Gov't should, as a matter of safety, stop Stella Oduah from being part of their airport project.
Anambra Adigo mma
grin

3 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OLADD: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2014
So what's the big deal in facilities wearing out? Even newly imported equipment suffers corrosion from the sea. Hope the writer is not trying to discredit the work of the Federal Govt. All the facilities need is repair when required. There is no point making a mountain out of ant-hill.

5 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by dokunbam(m): 7:53am On Sep 22, 2014
Nigeria leaders disgracing them since 1960

2 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by ibkgab001: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2014
Nothing is working pefectly in this country except "Fraud"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by prowlG: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
Its so sad to see all this and yet our leaders will claim Nigeria to be giants of africa.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by DrDre1(m): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
CFCfan:
That's why I support the LASG's efforts in building the Lekki airport. It would give MMIA some much needed competition.
Honestly, it was so loud that in terms of HSE, people around should have some kind of ear protection. Now imagine having 9 working like that. It was embarrassing to say the least. Annoying thing is u end up spending so much time around the silly thing cos ur baggage probably won't come up early.
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by aljharem(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2014
OLADD: So what's the big deal in facilities wearing out? Even newly imported equipment suffers corrosion from the sea. Hope the writer is not trying to discredit the work of the Federal Govt. All the facilities need is repair when required. There is no point making a mountain out of ant-hill.

Bros don't justify the wastage of 174 billion just like that.

Yes facilities wear out but when you spend 174 billion naira of just ac and roof, at least it should last 4-5 years.

We Nigerians should not allow these people to just waste our resources like that.

Moreover where is the sea in Ikeja ?

7 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OLADD: 7:57am On Sep 22, 2014
sauceny: Ain't surprised @ all,Nigeria has bin using low quality products since 1943,menh way bac,even b4 d civil war grin grin grin
[color=#006600][/color]

Who told you the facilities are of low quality? Only fools will rubbish the spate of airport uplift embarked upon by this administration. Learn to appreciate your own for once. If there is wear and tear repairs should be made.
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Ajorosun: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2014
RockMaxi: Leave Stella out of this. She has done her best, the new administration should do a turn around maintenance and investigate the contractors involved.

Oga do u knw wot maintenance mean? So Nigeria wil maintain airport dat remodelled last year . I wipe for Nigerians. Fool leader n Mumu followers........

5 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OLADD: 8:04am On Sep 22, 2014
aljharem:

Bros don't justify the wastage of 174 billion just like that.

Yes facilities wear out but when you spend 174 billion naira of just ac and roof, at least it should last 4-5 years.

We Nigerians should not allow these people to just waste our resources like that.

Moreover where is the sea in Ikeja ?
[color=#006600][/color]

N174b just on AC? That's not true. Anyway, I insist that all that's needed is repairs. Some of those equipment might have suffered corrosion while been imported. I am not trying to justify uneccessary expenditure, but wear and tear should not be seen as an anomaly.

2 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Octaves(m): 8:04am On Sep 22, 2014
That's why i'm not excited by new projects in Naija. Everything the same afterwards

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by folarintyrese: 8:04am On Sep 22, 2014
The Minister(Stella odua) who awarded the contract ought to have been held responsible for what we saw at Enugu Airport before now but hey, it's not her fault, it's the system she met. Most of her predecessors in d same ministries and other ministries have equally embezzled d money that was meant for national projects.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OLADD: 8:08am On Sep 22, 2014
sammieguze: Fake job done.

They ought to be taking warranty from those contractors sef. An agreement to make sure they repair any defect to their executed project if any in a given time. Maybe that will curb the usage of fake materials in the execution of their projects
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not sure this has to do with fake material. We have seen situations where facility maintenance officers deliberately spoil equipment just for the sake of requesting for maintenance allocations. That's is the level of moral decadence in our society.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by 100Cents: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Pictures or it is a lie.
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by anonimi: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2014
The quote hereunder is an extract from the OP with elements that need to be taken into consideration BEFORE making any comment =>

Over N174bn has been spent by the Federal Government on airport remodelling across the country in the last three years.

Following the removal of the former Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah, there had been fears that the projects, which she initiated, would be abandoned due to inadequate funding.

However, the then Supervising Minister of Aviation, Dr. Samuel Ortom, had assured Nigerians that the ministry was making adequate efforts to ensure that the projects were completed within the stipulated period.

4 Likes

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by ola6: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Johnpaul2k2: LASG and Punch Newspaper are just some piece of sh!!t angry

so, they cannot renovate the roof and changes the AC?

why asking stella name? Sometimes i wonder where all these "dirty politics" will lead APshit into?

I support PDP but not when the truth must be said. Stella Odua is corrupt. This airport was "renovated" less than 6 months ago. You have no bases to justify her. You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by buJu234: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2014
anytime i land in MMIA Lagos.. I jst tell myself that WELCOME TO HELL...

so i bring out my handkerchief; make sure that i am not wearing suit and get ready 4 the heat on the long Immigration/SSS line...

wat a country

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by anonimi: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2014
CFCfan:

Have you seen the Lekki airport by LASG
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by olapluto(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2014
I thought Stella was supposed to be the bestest aviation minister ever?
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Chinwem(f): 8:15am On Sep 22, 2014
Useless country
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 22, 2014
realone2012: angryI came here to come and look at the pictures. Its too early to be reading this long report when I'm not a journalist.

BUT PEOPLE ARE WICKED OO
God punish u and Islam. sons of demons
Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by Bryancrox(m): 8:17am On Sep 22, 2014
Gboliwe: and his offspring or distant relative is here on nairaland condemning government. Our problems are made and maintained by us- Nigerians.
you dey mind dem.

1 Like

Re: STELLA WONDER - Remodelled Lagos Airport’s Air-conditioners Fail, Roof Leaks by OLADD: 8:19am On Sep 22, 2014
emonk: Hope they won't blame Apc for this

Every time politics instead of being objective about important issues
[color=#006600][/color]

This is not about PDP or APC but who we are as a people. Have you seen Lagos state buses recently? They have become glorified molues. You cannot rule out sabotage or an attempt to get budget allocations for repairs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Crowd Welcome Saraki At Ilorin Airport (photo) / Obasanjo Raises Alarm Over Unemployment / Crises In Jos, Police Station Burnt - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.